I'm gonna call it now FEW 2 will be announced within the next 3 months

thecrimsonflash

I'd say the complaints about the roster still going in is rather justified. Even if one made peace with the three games that were chosen then the lineup remains lacking because even those three games have large gaps that shouldn't be there. Important classes still aren't represented and there's a dire lack of villains. A lot of questionable choices were made and that remains regrettable. 

And the underlining message of all these choices gives further credence to discontent. The message of the dev team seemed to be that some parts of the fandom just weren't welcome at the party and that Archenea fans were only very begrudgingly accepted. When you do a crossover that's a really clumsy way to go about it. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Etheus thats all a matter of opinion of whats only tangentially related to the actual game itself though. But I'd rather not open that up again.

The only actual credence of not beating a dead horse is simply because we don't actually know if it's dead. Otherwise, with how any and all discussion predictably devolves back to the same thing with no pay off or breakthrough, yeah, it might as well be dead. And much like Ertrick above me, it's exhausting

EDIT: apparently beaten to the punch, but point still stands

Edited by Motendra

well since the feb direct didnt announce it, that only leaves till april to see if this ends up predicting it.

Id love to see another look at a fire emblem warriors game, so I hope it has some wonderful care put into it.

And what exactly is there to gain by making a sequel?

IS, Nintendo, & Omega Force clearly didn't care all that much being effort into it in comparison to Hyrule Warriors.

You could all have the main lords & the roster would still be controversial.

I'd love Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and I'd certainly buy it day 1, but I don't think we'll see one before at least Three Houses comes out. Normally, you would have expected SoV to have been a more present part of FEW considering the timing of release: however, except for Celica's visual design, nothing of that was in FEW.

You'd need very, very close collaboration for Three Houses characters (and plot?) to be part of Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and have both games come out relatively close to each other. The Three Houses delays do make it a tad more plausible, but I'm pretty doubtful. And while I know there's plenty of characters and plot settings they can use from older games, it's very doubtful they would release a new FEW game without having the new FE game as one of its main focus.

On 18/2/2019 at 8:05 PM, Ertrick36 said:

I'm sorry you didn't like FEW

i liked FEW a lot though, i spent like 300 hours playing it (i liked it even more since i bought it for 20€ on day 1)

sorry i quoted you once more, just wanted to clarify this

• 2 weeks later...

I like the IDEA of a FE Warrios 2 coming out but I do think we need some more concrete hints, and I would need to see the direction they take it to be hyped about it, I would want to see them do some things differantly. Such as not focussing so heavily on awakening or fates simply because they are deemed the most popular, would want a more varied roster than waht we got, a character for every class type (i.e. merc, armor, fighter, etc) Allow units who can wield optional weapons to do so, if Hyrule Warriors could give characters optional weapons when aside from Link that's not a think in the respective game than Fire Emblem Warrios can DEFINATLY do it. While I would love representation from all the games that is unlikely I think at launch but if we had a FE character for every FE amiibo that's out, representation for the GBA, 3ds and Tellius games that I think would be plenty. And I doubt anyone would be complaining or have gripes with that. Hyrule Warriors by comparison is much more representive of it's series now since I got the game later I'm not sure what it was like at launch but FE Warriors has been out for a while and there still is very little expansion in the representation and there is a lot more at their disposal to work with compared to Legend of Zelda.

• 1 month later...

well theres "rumors" of a nintendo direct coming soon in april. if this somehow predicts a fire emblem warriors 2 nearly 3 months since this post i'll be astonished.

I'm lightly hoping it turns out true. but it might not.

16 hours ago, Thany said:

well theres "rumors" of a nintendo direct coming soon in april. if this somehow predicts a fire emblem warriors 2 nearly 3 months since this post i'll be astonished.

I'm lightly hoping it turns out true. but it might not.

Highlighting hopes AND expectations. That's a rarity on the internet.

15 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Hopefully you will be able to strip characters completely this time.

I have this weird and feeling you probably won't be able to. Now don't quote me on that, but it's just this feeling I have.

7 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

I have this weird and feeling you probably won't be able to. Now don't quote me on that, but it's just this feeling I have.

You're probably right. You can strip people, you can bang your siblings, you can impregnate little girls. But showing a bit of nip is just too much for some reason.

Although they could probably just do what Senran Kagura does and cover up the naughty bits. Whether it's underwear or some visual effect shouldn't make a a difference.

If a direct is announced tomorrow you may be right. Otherwise you are wrong (my guess) 

while I really want to see more new charavters, my favorite is Awakening (mostly Chrom) and Olivia (and their pairing) 

but FEW already used them so a sequel likely would have to cut down the roster to make for new characters. So, I have little reason to play. 

Or theyre there but dont get new supports which is just as bad 

1 minute ago, IEatLasers said:

If a direct is announced tomorrow you may be right. Otherwise you are wrong (my guess) 

while I really want to see more new charavters, my favorite is Awakening (mostly Chrom) and Olivia (and their pairing) 

but FEW already used them so a sequel likely would have to cut down the roster to make for new characters. So, I have little reason to play. 

Or theyre there but dont get new supports which is just as bad 

You do realize that Warriors games almost never cut characters right? All the characters from FEW1 will be back in a sequel, if nothing else as History Mode unlocks that way the Story Mode focuses on characters from the new Focus games like say Elibe, Tellius, or Valentia

5 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize that Warriors games almost never cut characters right?

Yeah, they just get rid of their unique weapons and replace them with balls on chains.:lol:

Anyway, it looks like OP is going to end up with egg on their face. In fact, I doubt that we'll see any more crossovers with Dynasty Warriors in the immediate future, given how Dynasty Warriors 9 was received. Koei Tecmo will probably want to spend a couple of games rebuilding the main Warriors series after that travesty.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

8 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize that Warriors games almost never cut characters right? All the characters from FEW1 will be back in a sequel, if nothing else as History Mode unlocks that way the Story Mode focuses on characters from the new Focus games like say Elibe, Tellius, or Valentia

Which would be great because then I could run around and enjoy playing as Chrom, best part of FEW1 and SSBU, but the worry here is that Chrom and Ike for example won’t get a new support, if old characters (save the OC’s) don’t get new content and are instead imported as reused assets. 

16 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Which would be great because then I could run around and enjoy playing as Chrom, best part of FEW1 and SSBU, but the worry here is that Chrom and Ike for example won’t get a new support, if old characters (save the OC’s) don’t get new content and are instead imported as reused assets. 

I mean, adding supports between the old characters and the new characters isn't really out of the question

10 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean, adding supports between the old characters and the new characters isn't really out of the question

It would mean bringing back old VA’s instead of just reusing their old lines 

at most the only thing I could see happening is removing old supports that make direct references to story events in the first game, which will make room for new supports of old characters.

of course that only accounts the twins but thats still a decent chunk of em.

unfortunately unless its a surprize direct, it seems the rumors were untrue, so rip the predictions of this thread.

I still have hopes for a warriors 2 regardless.

21 hours ago, Thany said:

at most the only thing I could see happening is removing old supports that make direct references to story events in the first game, which will make room for new supports of old characters.

of course that only accounts the twins but thats still a decent chunk of em.

unfortunately unless its a surprize direct, it seems the rumors were untrue, so rip the predictions of this thread.

I still have hopes for a warriors 2 regardless.

Yeah doesn’t sound like we’re getting a direct In April :(

• 4 weeks later...

If there's FEW2 probably its one year after FE Three House released with Three House , Radiant Dawn, Blazing Blade as focus and Roy, Lilana, Alm, Celica as clone.

the roster probably like this:

Three House:

Unique: Byleth, Edelgard (Infantry Axe), Claude (Horse Archer), Dimitri (Horse Lance) Clone: One student for each House

Radiant Dawn:

Unique: Ike, Micaeah, Sothe (Dagger), Elincia.  Clone: Soren (Micaeah), Mist (Leo), Titania (Frederick), Nephenee (Oboro)

Blazing Blade &Binding Blade:

Unique: Hector(Armor Axe), Eliwood (Sword Cavalry), Ninian, Nino.  Clone: Roy (Eliwood), Lilana (Nino)

SoV
Clone: Alm (Aytolis Lords or he will use inherit their moveset if they're getting cut in FEW2), Celica (Marth with different C string)

Awakening

New: Gaius (Dagger - Clone of Sothe)

Fates

New: Felicia (Dagger - Unique)

Shadow Dragon

New: Merric (Clone of Linde)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think FE Warriors 2 will happen for a long time. But we do get a sequel, I hope to God they'll actually include characters who aren't from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

I'd love a sequel, but I don't think it'll happen until after Three Houses get released. A personal hope of mine is that in addition to bringing in Three Houses characters, it'll bring more characters from Awakening and Fates, child units included. Not just because they're my favorite games, but the salt from the vets will be absolutely amazing. 

16 minutes ago, Decerd said:

I'd love a sequel, but I don't think it'll happen until after Three Houses get released. A personal hope of mine is that in addition to bringing in Three Houses characters, it'll bring more characters from Awakening and Fates, child units included. Not just because they're my favorite games, but the salt from the vets will be absolutely amazing. 

Glad to see you still have your priories in place. 

7 hours ago, Decerd said:

Your itching to get banned

Anyway, the devs have expressed interest in doing a sequel with Ike and Roy, and they did say they were satisfied with FEW's sales, so I can see us getting a sequel at some point in the future

• 2 months later...