Let's Play - Super Robot Wars X (Team Leftovers has saved the world in 311 turns)

eclipse

What are rules?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do I follow the word or spirit of my ruleset?

• Word
    • Spirit

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm nearly done with my first run of SRW X and the intermission scenes are great. . .so great that I'm gonna run through this game again!  I'll log what's going on in this thread, but first. . .I need units!  And rules!

1. Amari will be free.  I'm looking for 17 other units to accompany her on her quest to take over the world finish the game.
2. All three battleships will be free, because they're amazing bait, and I kinda need Kuramitsu's aura whenever he's around.
3. If a unit is fielded with no battleship in sight, they're free until a battleship shows up.
4. The route splits consist of Gundam/Buddy Complex and Everyone Else.  I will be going Route Everyone Else.  So please don't choose every last Gundam/the entire Buddy Complex crew.
5. I will be aiming for the lowest turn counts possible.
6. Feel free to suggest a unit once every 24 hours, until the list is filled.

Recruitment list is here.  Generally, the further down the list  someone is, the later they're recruited.  So. . .have at it~!

Units:

1. Masaki (Cybuster)
2. Banjo Haran (Daitarn)
3. Lelouch (Shinkiro)
4. Kittan (Space King Kittan)
5. Koji (Mazinger, via Discord)
6. Himiko/Genryusai (Genjimaru, via a good friend)
7. Yoko (Space Tank Yoko-W)
8. Heero Yuy (Wing Zero, eventually, via Discord)
9. Anya (Mordred)
10. Tobia (Crossbones)
11. Kallen (Guren S.E.I.T.E.N.)
12. Hanson/Grandis (Gratan)
13. C.C. (Lancelot Frontier)
14. Ange (Villkiss)
15. Show (Dunbine/Billbine)
16. Dio (Bradyon)
17. Vivian (Razor)

Edited by eclipse

It's a shame it's not T so I could be that guy and pick the Bebop. I know literally nothing else.

Tall me that that The Unchallengeable Daitarn 3 is not a gundam series, because I'll pick Banjo Haran as the pilot if he isn't, I'm kind of picking him as he's on his lonesome on that long list. :P

That list has so much information I have no notion about.

Use Lelouch, please. My SRW knowledge so far is limited to just OG1, so I've no idea on unit quality or how X goes, but I love Code Geass. I also second Interdimensional Observer in wanting Cybuster, if for nothing other than being the only of the OG charas in this game I know.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I see Cybuster is on there. As boring and as old as it might be, can I assign the Elemental Lord of the Wind? You can reject it if you wish.

YES I WILL TAKE THE GUY WITH THE CATS!  And the best MAP attack in the game.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's a shame it's not T so I could be that guy and pick the Bebop. I know literally nothing else.

Tall me that that The Unchallengeable Daitarn 3 is not a gundam series, because I'll pick Banjo Haran as the pilot if he isn't, I'm kind of picking him as he's on his lonesome on that long list. :P

That list has so much information I have no notion about.

Banjo isn't a Gundam!  The rule of Gundam is "it has Gundam in its title".  Haven't used Banjo, so I'm curious to see how he'll turn out~!

4 hours ago, alatartheblue42 said:

Use Lelouch, please. My SRW knowledge so far is limited to just OG1, so I've no idea on unit quality or how X goes, but I love Code Geass. I also second Interdimensional Observer in wanting Cybuster, if for nothing other than being the only of the OG charas in this game I know.

YES I WILL USE LELOUCH!  He's basically Rallyman, except he affects a gigantic area.  And he snipes.

32 minutes ago, alatartheblue42 said:

Please consider adding Yoko. We need her to go kiss all the enemies.

Okay, will do~!

Thanks to some external help, I. . .think I can lift the Gundam rule. Go nuts, everyone~!

1 hour ago, alatartheblue42 said:

Is it too late to sneak in Anya and Mordred?

Not at all~!  Never used her, but I like her mech name!

1 hour ago, Ether said:

If you can get Gundams in there, Tobia. Otherwise Kallen. Or both if you have room =P

Check and check!  Thanks!

Tobia's pretty cool, and I'm using him right now.  Haven't used Kallen, and I'm curious to see what she'll do~!

A random generator gave me the following units:

Hanson/Grandis (Gratan)
C.C. (Lancelot Frontier)
Ange (Villkiss)
Show (Dunbine/Billbine)
Dio (Bradyon)
Vivian (Razor)

And a quick review of these guys:

Hanson - He's part of the Gratan.  They're utility I was sorely lacking, and I'm grateful that the RNG gave this to me.  Otherwise, it was going to be Tusk's Party.
C.C. - Like most of the Code Geass cast, I haven't used her.
Ange - The last vestiges of difficulty have been snapped.  She's the Florina of this game - her start's a little shaky, but she'll turn into quite a lategame unit, should I put the proper care into her.
Show - From what little I remember of him, he's amusing.  Like Ange, he doesn't like taking hits.
Dio - The Buddy Complex guys work best with their partners. . .and Aoba is nowhere in sight.  Of the two, I prefer Dio, so I guess it works out.  His best attack's gonna be a good deal weaker than it should be, though.
Vivian - She's nowhere near Ange's level, but she's definitely serviceable.

Between Koji, Lelouche, Masaki, and Ange, I should be okay.  I'll need to get Grandis her ace bonus immediately, and upgrade that tank ASAP.  I'll start this tomorrow.

If y'all still want to suggest someone, please do so!  I'll replace people starting from the bottom of my list.

EDIT: Normally, I'd start the play log in its own post, but this one's stupidly short.

Scenario 1 - 3/3

Story, yada yada yada, and start!  The goal is to get Amari to three kills ASAP, so she can activate Smash Hit and 2-turn this map.  The mystery unit will need to clear out a couple of units for best results.  The SR point is pretty easy, so it's well worth it to grab this one.

Since this is the starting chapter, no pictures or anything.  If things get complicated enough, I'll snap a few low-quality photos.  Alas, I can't do 15-move Seth with this setup (it requires the Tallgeese, a specific pilot that wasn't drafted, and a few other things).

Edited by eclipse

Scenario 2 - 4/7

This might be doable in 3 turns with the SR point, but I decided to play it safe.  Shibaraku + Amari is enough to ORKO a generic enemy.  Wataru did Wataru things (like running out of EN).

Scenario 3

The Gratan has arrived!  With that, my units are locked.  Probably going to skip this SR point, since it would require some really wonky customization options and a well-timed Smash Hit.

Edited by eclipse

• eclipse changed the title to Let's Play - Super Robot Wars X

Scenario 3 - 11/18

Yep, I'd need to sink every last bit of customization into the Xelguard's weapons to make this possible.  And yes, it took me that long to figure it out.

This is the first two-part chapter.  The Gratan has the ability to Repair units, which helps my rather unlucky team ATM.  After I get the Xelguard's customization bonus, the Gratan is next - theirs is especially good.

Scenario 4 - 7/25

And so it REALLY begins.  Or rather, it would if I had the DLC.  Which I don't.  Masaki's gonna have to wait for a while.  Sorry.

Show is recruited here, on the second turn.  He starts with Focus, which is why it took as few turns as it did.  Hit rates start getting shaky, so having a non-Attune way of landing hits is a huge help.  Show also ended the map, much to Chum's delight (she needs all the levels she can get).

Scenario 5 - 5/30

I didn't even pay attention to the chapter's SR point.  All I did was load up the Megafauna, use Accel, park it in the middle of a bunch of enemies, and blast away.  Once everyone else showed up, I loaded up the non-drafted units and had everyone else go to town.

The Megafauna can usually OHKO the grunts, and something like 2-3HKO the boss (2HKO if Smash Hit is used).  I left some for everyone else.  Grandis needs her ace bonus badly.  Amari/Show can wait.  I'm sure Donyell's is at least decent.

Since the Megafauna takes so much EN, I went straight to Gratan's customization bonus.  Now, they can Resupply, which essentially solves one of my problems (running out of steam).

Scenario 6 - 5/35

The SR point on this one is somewhat difficult, given that I've only got four units at my disposal.  Pulled it off by having everyone focus on the nearest largish Dragon and having the Gratan miraculously hit the thing.  Do not underestimate Smash Hit.

Ange and Vivian regrouped with everyone else, then the other thingy showed up.  Focus once again proved its worth, though Ange getting hit by a 5% attack sucked.  Still, no one died, and had the Megafauna not whiffed on the boss, this would've been done in four turns instead (finished on EP, to be precise).

Edited by eclipse

INTERLUDE: The cast so far

This is what I've noticed as I've played through the game.  Haven't used everyone, but I'll give my thoughts on those that I did.

Amari - The Xelguard has a nice mix of long-distance attacks and close-up ones.  It's a good idea to get something that extends its range into one of its slots, because the main attack on this thing starts as a 1-2.  As the game goes on, more stuff is added.  Spero starts with Attune, which makes life so much easier.

Wataru - Ryujinmaru starts off fairly strong, and gets improvements along the way.  However, it takes awhile before Barrier Buster/Ignore Size attacks show up (I think they show up?), which means he's going to be relegated to grunt-killing for the later portions of the game.  Ryujinmaru himself has some nice spirits.

Shibaraku - With Gain being his second spirit, he can gain levels at a very scary pace.  His mech's attacks are fairly basic, but they get the job done.  Suffers from similar attack issues as Wataru, except he doesn't get quite as many upgrades.  Still, his level lead can carry him pretty far.  In my first run, he was my second ace (first being Iori).

Grandis - The Gratan isn't a very versatile attacker.  It either needs to be up in the enemy's face, or it hits like a wet noodle.  It isn't designed for boss-killing, or even late-game killing.  What it excels at is utility.  With innate Repair and a Resupply customization, it will keep your troops in tip-top shape.  Someone learns Disrupt fairly early, which is a clutch skill near the end of the game.  To top it off, someone starts with Analyze, which is great later in the game.  Don't have it facetank, because it'll explode.

Show - He needs to dodge, or he dies.  Luckily, he learns Focus, which is a good skill for most of the game.  His mech also gets improvements, but I'm not sure how it performs (I dropped him early in my first run).

Aida - Her saving grace is the single best Charge skill in the game, at 10 SP.  G-Arcana's decent early, then it sucks, then it gets upgraded and stays middling.  She can swap out to another machine, though I don't know how many of them can truly take advantage of that Charge skill of hers.  As she's not a Newtype, she can't use Funnels, which means she's stuck in the G-Arcana.  Not necessarily bad, but outside of running up and smacking things with a siege weapon, she'll be outclassed.

Bellri - He starts out good, and both he and the G-Self just get more ridiculous as the game goes on.  I used him in my first run to break the game in half.  Though his best attack requires a good amount of Morale, he should have no problems amassing it. . .and after that, he can smack around bosses fairly reliably.  He's not the absolute best at it, but he's fairly close to the top.

Megafauna - Of the three main battleships, this one is the most defensive.  In order to secure kills regularly, slap Hit & Away on Donyell.  This will allow it to fire either of its weapons, then move up so that it can stay relevant in the fight.  Learned this far too late in my first run.  In terms of spirits, Donyell starts off with Trust and Vigor (in other words, loads of healing), while his sidekick gets Accel.  Not keen on this ship's customization bonus, but the extra stats are helpful.

Ange - Like Wataru, she will receive various upgrades throughout the story.  Unlike Wataru, she has the ability to kill bosses.  She starts with Mail Rider, which gives me a nifty Funds boost every time she shanks an enemy.  As I want to upgrade the Villkiss sooner than later, this is most welcome.

Vivian - Another Mail RIder, and I'm lovin' it~!  Her best attack is Freeze Bullet, which will prove its worth throughout the game.  She starts with Intuition, which shines early-on, though the SP cost can get obnoxious later in the game.  She'll help to clear out the rabble, so Ange can murder the bosses.

Edited by eclipse

The reason why I'm logging this now is because I forgot to take the turn count of Scenario 9.

Scenario 7 - 6/41

This SR point is a little tricky.  I had Dio build his way up to ExC 5, tanked two EP hits with the Cygnus, attacked something with the Cygnus on PP, then had DIo Multi Action chain his way through three enemies.  He'd burned through most of his EN thanks to that stunt. . .but that's what the Gratan is for!  This might've been doable in five turns had I skipped the SR point (just have the Cygnus tank everything).

New units:

Cygnus - Battleship the Second, and my personal favorite.  It has a good mix of defense and offense, and can attack after moving (unlike the Megafauna).  Kuramitsu's ace bonus is extremely helpful in later chapters, where that damage reduction can be the difference between survival and being OHKO'd.

Dio - I like him as a pilot better than Aoba, but I like the Luxon over the Bradyon.  The Buddy Complex boys both get a combo attack, but the Luxon's can be used after moving, while the Bradyon's seems to be used for sniping.  As my army needs to move fast, Dio will have to rely on his weaker melee attacks for this run.  Still, he's got a decent set of spirits, as he starts with Focus.

Aoba - He gets Intuition, but it takes a bit.  While they both want to be fielded for best results, they can still use their combo attack even if only one of them is on the map.  As he's not as dodgy as the Bradyon, he'll need a wing and a prayer in later maps.

Scenario 8 - 6/47

Due to the way the enemies spawn, I couldn't reach the final group in time, so I missed the SR point.  Show proved his worth here, dodgetanking the golems.  Ange hit double-digit health thanks to a 13% hit from the boss landing.  Vivian got some Freeze Bullet time in, the Gratan was fed some kills, and Amari just floated around, wondering when she'll get a power part that ups her weapon range.

Scenario 9 - 7/54

The SR point isn't too bad this time, even with Aida and Bellri at base level.  After beating up the Deenbell, the second part of the map triggers, and it's up to whoever's in the battleships to deal with the northern squads.  Once again fed kills to the Gratan, and also tried to sneak a few in for the Megafauna.  Route split's coming up soonish, and I want the ace bonuses on all of my battleships.

New units:

Seabrook - He already starts off strong with V.S.B.R. as an attack, and that's not his final form.  He also has innate Hit & Away, so he can fire off said V.S.B.R., then move to somewhere more relevant.  Overall a solid dude, and a pretty good boss killer.

Cecily - Her mech can Resupply things as its customization bonus, but is otherwise unimpressive.  Cecily's decent, but she pales in comparison to Seabrook as a pilot (I don't think she can bring out the full potential of Seabrook's mech).  While Seabrook wants to murder things, Cecily wants to keep people in the fight.

Scenario 10 - 7/61

The SR point should've read "don't get a Game Over".  The first part of this map is a Simon stomp, whether you like it or not.  The second part is where things get ugly.  This is a defend map, and the beastmen will beeline towards the village, and not attack.  This means that you need someone next to the village.  The issue is that your ships start on the other end of the map.  Great for keeping the ladybugs away, but not so great for winning the map.  Thus, Simon got an extra kill (couldn't box the guy in).  Otherwise, it was honing everyone not named Ange.

Hit & Away on the Megafauna is why this map was even possible.  Fire at something, then use the Megafauna to block an enemy.

New unit:

Simon - His mech has exactly two issues.  The first is a single equipment slot.  The second is the fact that it eats through his EN bar like no one's business.  As long as he can keep his EN up, have him wade into enemies with Counterattack, then laugh as he attacks them first on EP and vaporizes them.  The best part?  He gets several upgrades throughout the story.

Scenario 11 - 6/67

This SR point is a little tricky, but with some customization and a lot of Megafauna sniping, I was able to do it just in the nick of time.  Second half of the map isn't even worth mentioning - it's just a bunch of tiny units asking to be shot down by my guys.

New unit:

Viral - He joins up with Simon, and the result is a very powerful set of spirits.  Accel allows Simon to get into the thick of things faster, and Vigor is self-explanatory.

BUT WAIT!

I just realized that I created a hell of a loophole. . .but it's not going to be apparent for a very long time.  I don't know if anyone is reading this, but if you are, do answer that cryptic poll question - it'll be very relevant later on.

Edited by eclipse

• eclipse changed the title to Let's Play - Super Robot Wars X (go Team Leftovers!)

Oh Cool. Your playing SRW X at the same time I am. Hehehe. I'm glad someone pick Mordred, its upgrade bonus is a perfectly shaped map attack. Anya is also a tanky pilot with a cheap wall (20)

Vivian is all about spamming her cheap daunt to erase a boss' will, great for deactivating skills like guard or instinct. I believe the difference between 150 will and 100 will is about 20% damage reduction. So reducing an bosses will does make him easier to kill.

Dio really wants Aoba for the team attack or hes not really worth using. So take Aoba.

If theres still any room for a unit then I'd include Suzaku. Hes basically a slightly superior Kallen at the price of needing to build moral (his cheap spirit -20- helps this).

Just make your team Code Geass heavy. You know you want to. Lelouch vi Britannia commands it. :P

Edited by wissenschaft

12 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

Oh Cool. Your playing SRW X at the same time I am. Hehehe. I'm glad someone pick Mordred, its upgrade bonus is a perfectly shaped map attack. Anya is also a tanky pilot with a cheap wall (20)

Vivian is all about spamming her cheap daunt to erase a boss' will, great for deactivating skills like guard or instinct. I believe the difference between 150 will and 100 will is about 20% damage reduction. So reducing an bosses will does make him easier to kill.

Dio really wants Aoba for the team attack or hes not really worth using. So take Aoba.

If theres still any room for a unit then I'd include Suzaku. Hes basically a slightly superior Kallen at the price of needing to build moral (his cheap spirit -20- helps this).

Just make your team Code Geass heavy. You know you want to. Emperor Lelouch commands it. :P

Alas. . .team's already set.  Poor Dio.  But Lelouch gets to shine again~! :P:

I need the Daunt spam, because I haven't unlocked that one thing in the Vault, and I really want to get everything.  My team should be capable of it!

You play this game quick. I calculate every action to make so I give kills to exactly who I want so it takes me forever. On the bright side, I just reached Stage 19 with Vivan and Maito aced so I can earn more TAC, it is ALL important in the PS4 SRWs. Next up, I should have Banjo aced in 4 missions. Ten kills on one guy per mission. I'm a little nuts. lol

Also, I play on expert so I don't have to worry about SR points. :P I sure hope SRW T has expert mode, I like the slightly increase difficulty even if its still not that hard. At least, nothing like Fire Emblem Conquest lunatic.

SRW games aren't for the challange, they are for the mecha fanservice.

Show is pretty high tier as befits a series MC. He can dish out good damage and he has a sub-pilot which is always great to have.

Wataru has ignore size level 2 so despite his attacks lacking it, he will hit bosses up to size L with no damage reduction.

Lelouch's mecha is awesome. Dat sexy map attack. I'm so glad code geass is post show in SRW X. The early units for code geass are so weak in SRW Z2.

Edited by wissenschaft

@wissenschaft I'm definitely loving the fanservice!  I put in on Normal, because I feel that keeping the game on Hard is a challenge unto itself.  Sure, the first few maps are easier, but it fixes itself sooner than later!

Show's been doing Good Things so far, especially once his morale gets high enough.  He might be able to get away with only Disrupt in later stages.

With that out of the way. . .

Scenario 12 - 5/72

Take out the broom and clean up, because that's exactly what happens here.  For story's sake, had Show beat up Tod because why the hell not.  The best thing out of this was a new mech, so. . .

New unit:

Marvel - The Billbine's delivery service.  Yes, that's all I've used her for.  I'm sure she's at least decent, but eh.

Secret 1 - 5/77

Show, Vivian, and Ange did most of the work, while Marvel stayed out of range of everything.  Everyone else showed up late, and there wasn't much for them to do.  Their loss!

Scenario 13 - 7/84

The chapter starts out with the Xelguard and Gratan, which makes me happy.  The rest of the chapter can get pretty irritating - if you're going to dive with Kuramitsu (which isn't a bad idea if the Gratan has its customization bonus), use Wall immediately.  The Megafauna's Hit & Away is really good here, as it can fire at something, then move up and use its Support Defend on someone else.  The boss ran off, hence why I missed the SR point.

New unit:

Nemo - The third main battleship, and she's the one geared towards offense.  Her MAP attack is better than the Cygnus, but Nemo has Blue Water instead of Commander.  Give her a Barrier ASAP,  and giggle as she flies into the middle of everything and takes out giant chunks of health.  Ugliest interior by far.

Route split happens here, and I went the Doakdar route.

Scenario 14 - 6/90

So we beat up a lot of dragons.  And a shadowy thing.  But mostly dragons.  Missed the SR point by 2,500 HP combined on two enemies, due to not quite having enough firepower.  And yes, I've been slowly upgrading my mechs.  Bunbunmaru is a sight to behold.

New units:

The 1st Para-Mail Squad - I know squat about them, since I never used them.  Salia has a Commander aura, Ersha is a repair thing, Chris is a resupply thing, and Rosalie/Hilda have really high Potential FSR.   And since this is a draft run, I'm going to continue not knowing a thing about them.

Scenario 15 - 9/99

There's no two ways around it, this chapter is long.  The SR point requires all three starting mechs to the front lines, and it's one of the easier ones IMO.  Once that happens, the N-Nautilus shows up, and then I get to deploy my actual units.  This meant that Guard Diver had to Defend against a couple of hits, as he couldn't get to the Nautilus fast enough.  The bosses are nice enough to rush you one at a time, so dealing with them isn't too bad.  Freeze Bullet makes everything better.

New units:

The Brave Express Squad - The only one I've used is Maito (for a little bit), and he's. . .ridiculous.  President makes things a little too easy.  Not sure of the rest, but I like the one with the potty mouth!

Scenario 16 - 7/106

The SR point means that someone needs to collect kills.  In my case, it was Ange.  Chip down the boss, then unleash a single hit, and then the second part of the stage begins.  Luckily, a very nice person gave me Banjo.  If he wasn't on my side, this would've taken a lot longer, because he spawns on the other end of the map, and he's got a lot of enemies next to him.  Much as I would've loved to increase the Gratan's kill count, I needed the repairs a bit more.  Maintenance is an amazing skill BTW.

New units:

Black Mightgaine - No innate Barrier Busting means that later chapters will be pretty annoying.  His kit is simple, but it'll get the job done.

Banjo - Hoo boy, why didn't I use him sooner?  He's fairly tanky, and uses a bunch of items on his opponent, many of which hit decently hard.  He starts with Sun Attack, which has crazy base power (as in, it'll stay good for the rest of the game. . .for comparison, my go-to spam attack during the last stage was Bellri's final attack, and it's 100 lower than this), armor shredding, ignores size, gives the finger to barriers, can be used after moving, and has a sky-high cost, so slapping a power part that ups EN isn't a bad idea.  Grandis just got a new boyfriend!

Heero - I'm a bit miffed about him.  He's a good guy, but he'd rather be in Tallgeese or Heavyarms, except his ace bonus dictates that he wants to be in this thing. . .argh.  Anyway, he can dive enemies with Rolling Buster Rifle, which is the second-best MAP attack in the game IMO (first goes to Masaki), or he can snipe away with his rifles.  Lack of innate barrier-busting hurts later on, though (this is an issue with the entire Endless Waltz crew, IIRC).

Duo - Good pilot in a decent Gundam.  Once Deathscythe gets a power part that extends its weapon range, it can really dish out some damage.  Duo himself gets Accel, which helps to mitigate Deathscythe's need to be near the enemy.  If it wasn't for the fact that Heero's ace bonus locks him to Wing Zero, I'd have Duo pilot it and never leave (he has some hilarious lines, too).

Trowa - The biggest sin is that he doesn't get Charge.  The second-biggest sin is his ace bonus.  Heavyarms is a pure ammo Gundam, but needs to have its EN upped to get its customization bonus.  IMO it's one of the weaker entries from the series.  Trowa does fairly well in the Tallgeese, at least.

Quatre - Support unit is support unit, and Sandrock gets to resupply things as its customization bonus.  Like Deathscythe, it needs to be closer to the enemy to strike.  Unlike Deathscythe, it's not as efficient at nuking things.

Wufei - WHY.  I mean, Analyze is nice, but Altron takes the cake for the worst customization out of all of them.  I stopped using him first.

Zechs - He's dive-happy, but once he's in the thick of things. . .yeah.  Tallgeese puts the mobile in Mobile Suit Gundam, and I've had this mech move 15 spaces in a turn (and that's not its maximum range, either).  Great for going off on its own, though.  Heat Rod is a decent enough attack, but its MAP attack disappoints me.  He also makes a pretty good pilot for Heavyarms.

Noin - She's okay, but IMO she gets outclassed by Heero, Duo, and Zechs.  The Taurus is a lie - once it gets its customization bonus, it can hold its own.  IMO the best thing to do is go aerial and never look back.

Judau - He gets a special mention because I used him.  He's not the best pilot for Zeta (I'll say who that is later), but he does decently enough elsewhere.

The rest of Judau's group - Haven't used 'em.

14 hours ago, Dayni said:

And here I was not rating Banjo highly, thinking he'd be mostly all about the money. Good to see him going above expectations I guess.

Shame he's still expensive in some form.

Luckily, I have someone with Resupply, so he'll be able to PRAISE THE SUN! :P:

Scenario 17 - 7/113

The SR point is nigh-impossible without slamming a massive weapons customization on Banjo + some other nonsense, so I ignored it.  Instead, I triggered the second wave ASAP, then cleaned up.  Everything attacks Show, and he dodges like crazy.  Forgot to deploy Heero, oops.  No battleships kinda sucks, but I managed without their auras, somehow.

New units:

Kallen - Mobile MAP attack is a yes.  She needs to be closer than I'm comfortable with to get the fullest use of her skills.  Not a bad unit on her MAP attack alone.

Suzaku - He's adorable, but I've never used him.

Scenario 18 - 5/118

The SR point on this map is a little less of a bastard to get.  Simply pay attention to who kills the first boss, and take out the second one immediately.  Once that happens, the rest of the Code Geass squad will show up.  Banjo does five-digit damage to the second boss, which I took full advantage of.  Seriously, those are the kinds of numbers that I expect during the last few stages!  Fed kills to Kallen and Heero - even if the latter's ace bonus is annoying, it's still useful.

New units:

Lelouch - He buffs, or he snipes, or he can actually hurt this with Zero Beam while showing off a Commander aura.  Shinkiro's a little frail, so try not to have him facetank things.  His customization bonus is rather lacking, though.  But that buff.  I mean, just LOOK at this:

Spoiler

oIcMMpY.jpg

That's +15 to all weapons and HIT.  To my entire team.  Crazy doesn't begin to describe that stat boost!

C.C. - Her spirits scream support, and her ability to recover additional SP is absolutely needed.  Not too impressed with her weapons so far, but I've got plenty of beatsticks.  She can also Resupply, which will be a lifesaver later on.

Jeremiah/Anya - Who are you again?

Scenario 19 - 6/124

There's no excuse for missing this SR point, as you'll get a Game Over if you take too long anyway.  C.C. was mad at me for calling her a support thing, and proved it by dodgetanking like a boss.  Kallen also helped, along with the Cygnus.  The second half of the map probably could've been done a little faster had I stacked movement on the N-Nautilus, and moved everyone south instead of hanging out in the center of the map.  Murdered every last unit on my way out.  This was Lelouch's time to shine, as he somehow got 9 ExC - in other words, in one phase, he killed two things, then sent out an Attack command to the remaining units.  Heero, sadly, couldn't get in as may kills as he wanted.  One day, good sir.

New unit:

Tusk - REAL MEN RUN AROUND IN BRIGHT PINK MECHAS!!!  Ahem. . .the Para-Mail to end all other Para-Mails, he can innately Repair and Resupply, has a ton of support attacks, dodges like crazy, and comes with the usual Para-Mail getup.  He's my absolute favorite utility unit, because he can also shank things as needed.  Luckily, I've got the Gratan, but it's nowhere near as good at killing things as Tusk is.

Edited by eclipse

a;lsdfja;lfjalksd I can't edit my comment any longer!

Scenario 20 - 6/130

The SR point again calls for someone to collect kills.  In this case, Heero got to do the honors.  I'm still feeding kills to the newcomers, so they can catch up.  C.C. still refuses to be hit, and Lelouch's Attack command came in very handy.  Four turns is tight, but thanks to who I had, it was doable.  Part two, luckily, is fairly short, as the boss will flee at low health.  Plus, my guys can take out the mechs in 1-2 hits (depending on who's doing the hitting).

New unit:

Kerbs - The Jegan is about as good as Jagen in the original Fire Emblem.  I tried to use Kerbs, but. . .yeah.  It wasn't fun.  I really like him, though!

Route split again.  And again, we are staying on the ground.

Scenario 21 - 5/135

KOJI~!  Loaded the less-mobile units on the N-Nautilus and charged forward, then loaded Sayaka and Boss up.  From there, it was a matter of blowing up whoever stood in my way.  PRAISE THE SUN did 12,000 damage to one of the bosses.  Ange and Vivian saw a lot of use, thanks to their general mobility and flight.

New units:

Koji - Mazingers are tanks, and this tank can shred armor.  He'll be useful in absorbing hits later in the game, and Rust Hurricane is far more spammable than Sun Attack (though I'll need Hit & Away to make truly good use of it).

Sayaka - Like Koji, she can shred armor.  Unlike Koji, she'd rather be a utility unit.  Unfortunately, I'm far more partial to Tusk.

Boss - Take Freeze Bullet, remove the status effect, add some power and range, and triple its ammo, and you have this guy.  Two subpilots is a huge plus, even if one of them insists on having Mercy.

Scenario 22 - 6/141

New girl came with Commander, which made the first part a lot easier.  Overleveled Ange had no problems tanking and counterkilling things.  Once the rest of my army showed up, it wasn't much of a battle.  The enemies were nice enough to clump, so Kallen had fun with her MAP attack.  Since the bosses here are fairly bulky, I used Sun Attack for the armor shred, then used everyone else for the kill.  The final mission objective went down to the Gratan.  Yeah, put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!

New unit:

Salamandinay - Or however her name is spelled.  She'll run herself dry of EN if she's not careful.  Her attacks are fairly powerful, and her long-range one can also chew through lategame bosses.  Commander is another plus.  She's built to run things through, and that's what she'll do.  I still like Tusk better.

Edited by eclipse