Is it possible to set con as a fixed number, based on level?

Trashmonlee

I'm new to romhacking and forums so soz if im doing this wrong.

Is it possible to set it so that CON is a set number, based on the unit's level? I'm trying to do a fe8 rebalance hack, and i dont like the way con/wt is implemented. My idea was for it to be based on level, so a level 1 unit always has 1 con, and they get another point every other level, so at levels 9 and 10 they have 5 con, if they promote at level 15 or 16 they would have 9 (8 pre+1 post promotion). I havent found anything in nightmare to do something like that, only to set con for character/class.

1 minute ago, Trashmonlee said:

weapon weight would be adjusted accordingly, so all iron weapons would have like, 2-3 wt, slim weapons would have 1, steel would have about 6, so on and so forth

Then it seems you simply want to do an overhaul for the sake of it being diffeent, but it really wouldn't be balanced when no one else would be accustomed to this, and units who use Con as a way to not make them OP (Like fliers) would be no different than other classes, thus making the good classes even better since they are no different than others and then break this balance patch.

On the topic of wether it's possible, it might be if you know how to code it in if Nightmare/FEBuilder have a script insert feature, but it's such a byzantine concept that you'll probably be better off trying to make it yourself.