Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you plan to make an FE6 hack? I'd like to know, because I hear it's very hard to hack FE6, and there hasn't been one yet.

We'll need... a PREQUEL. YES. Okay, check. We'll also need YOU in it, but not as the main protagonist. How about your mom or dad, as Roy? *shudder* Okay, main character, check. Maybe a few tweaks here and there with the difficulty, check. If you really want, you could have a few FE4 first generation characters here. It just fits that if Leaf and Nanna are in its sequel, you'll need Cuan and Lachesis, at least. Lachesis as Ellen, Cuan as Marcus? Okay, check. And you'll need their lovers. For Lachesis, anyone from Beowulf to Lex. For Cuan, just go with Ethlin as Clarine's replacement? Okay, check.

Hopefully, you fine that helpful, but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing an FE6 hack for a long time...

• 1 month later...
Currently only one more than the original FE8. :P

In the grand scheme of things, we both know that ASD has as many Mages/Sages (Anima-based) as would be necessary. Any number more than 3 is overkill for most any class, in general. And, the number is sitting nicely at 3, not accounting for any characters that might pick up Anima after promotion.

(Ok, so the "arguably too many" part was a bit off. But, we're basically at the cap, nonetheless.)

Edited by Lord Glenn

FEASDScrnsN.png

ASD has undergone some changes.

Yes, you're seeing that right. Pegasus Knights can use swords now. The animation itself isn't custom, so it's dodgy in some places. The sword might look like it juts out in some frames and the critical frames are a bit spotty, but it's passable. The only thing missing is a magic sword animation. There's no room to utilize the regular javelin frames into something workable, so I'm ignoring them for now.

This will do until I'm not lazy to try out Xeld's editor. :/

I might make a Prologue video later tonight.

FEASDScrnsN.png

ASD has undergone some changes.

Yes, you're seeing that right. Pegasus Knights can use swords now. The animation itself isn't custom, so it's dodgy in some places. The sword might look like it juts out in some frames and the critical frames are a bit spotty, but it's passable. The only thing missing is a magic sword animation. There's no room to utilize the regular javelin frames into something workable, so I'm ignoring them for now.

This will do until I'm not lazy to try out Xeld's editor. :/

I might make a Prologue video later tonight.

Looks awsome!!! I love the knig and queen faces, nicely done (like always)

Edited by Ranger

AWESOME, custom maps! =O

By the way, is Ike in this game? Since Zelgius is, he could probably be a latejoiner with Ragnell (Syrene replacement maybe?). 'Twould be cool.

This hack is looking so amazing.

What chapter will the first demo release go up to?

Everything looks great as always Mk404, but the only thing that seems to irk me is that Heather looks exactly the same when about 20 years have passed. I love the fact you made Shion Queen. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I looked and read your comment, so now I understand why you did that. Pegasus Knights + Swords= Win. If only you could get Wyvern Knights to use axes... ^_^

Edited by Evalcin

@Drifloon - No, Ike is not in this project. The Dawn Brigade/Liberation Army units are the main group of playable allies. And, as far as I remember, I believe that the first demo patch will go up until the route split (so, the end of Chapter 8). Unless MK has changed what he was originally going to do, that is.

@Evalcin - The FE7 Hack is not entirely canonical. Certain things, such as the defeat of the Fire Dragon, Raymond and Linoan's pairing, etc. definitively happened in the past, but for MK's sanity, Heather (and a few others) have not aged the 20 year gap and should be seen as being "new" to the adventure (largely in part because of various relationships with characters in ASD).

Oh, wow, Sakura's appearing in this patch as Shion's assistant? Sweet! (I'm not expecting her to be playable, though, seeing as how MK404 probably has more than enough mages for this project already.)

And also, seeing Isaac and Mia govern will be quite the sight. It makes me wonder if Roartz is going to take Pablo's place. :P

And since I'm starting to get into Yggdra Union, I wonder if most of the Yggdra Union characters that didn't make an appearance in the FE7 hack are going to appear in this one. (Nietzche, pretty please?)

And since I'm starting to get into Yggdra Union, I wonder if most of the Yggdra Union characters that didn't make an appearance in the FE7 hack are going to appear in this one. (Nietzche, pretty please?)

Nope. Aside from the Kings/Queens, only FE6/(8)/10 characters and originals will be showing up. (At least in an integral capacity, that is. I'm sure there will be cameos/references to things all over the place, but those don't really count.)