Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn

Mage Knight 404

Hey, cut me some slack. I have a life too, you know. Just now am I graduating high school and am about to prepare myself for the college world. And I'm still randomly doodling and/or spriting.

And LP'ing Fe4. ;)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, cut me some slack. I have a life too, you know. Just now am I graduating high school and am about to prepare myself for the college world. And I'm still randomly doodling and/or spriting.
Unless you start working or are a procrastinator, you should have more time than high-school offered.

Bleh.

Sorry to say, but I have to start this over. It's not because I made a grave error or anything, it's mainly for the fact that:

1) FEditor Adv won't run my ROM, and I need it to make some custom animations

2) I wish to redo certain aspects of characters and such

3) Peace of mind on my behalf

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I shouldn't take too long to get up to speed, depending if I don't slack on the job or get too enthralled in other things, but with all of the animations I have planned afterward, I'm going to be busy.

With that, I guess I'll take some minor suggestions on what you'd like to make this better, but of course, I'll have the last word on anything.

I've been playing both hacks you made. They're great and I love the fact that Sakura made in in, but let's get on topic for Sacred Dawn.

While playing the hack, there were mainly two problems that I had, although they aren't really problems persay.

First one is the Light Mage Micaiah. Out of three playthroughs of the test, each time she has gotten stats that no other FE character has even seen, except for perhaps Sakura from your other hack and Raven from the real FE game. On average, at level 17 (since I haven't yet got her to 20 on all three playthroughs, 17 I have all three of them) she had max Magic, Speed, and Resistance, near max Skill, and above 20 Luck, 22 average. Her defense is like any other mages, subpar, around 6-8. Now, perhaps it's just insane luck with the RNG...all three times...but I've never had a character with stats like that at level 20, much less 17, except for Sakura and Raven, like I said before. I've yet to get her to 20 but she can potentially max every stat except Defense as a 20/20 character, at level 10 promoted no less.

Perhaps she's supposed to be this powerful, perhaps not. I don't mind powerful characters. I really enjoy them a lot, but she just seems a little overboard in terms of power, but maybe that's just me. I particularly enjoy her, and that's what counts I suppose, but perhaps her stat gain percentage might need a bit of a fix in a few areas. Luck and Magic at least.

Of course, if every boss is like they are in Chapter 8, she might not need fixing. Jarod the Halberdier. He was easy to beat, but only three people were able to stand up to him to do decent damage that the regenerate from the throne couldn't heal through AND not die. That was Micaiah, of course, Josh, said hero, and Nolan, the Axefighter, and it was only because he was an Axefighter that he was able to stand up to him due do the triangle. Jarod was just a difficult opponent.

I know this is suppose to be harder, harder than your previous hack, but I feel that he was slightly overboard for the time you fight him. Micaiah drilled through him, but in one run where I left her out because she was 20 and I wanted other guys to get EXP, I had a hard time getting him down.

This is just my two cents and I'll enjoy it however you make it, since I REALLY enjoyed the first one.

I hope Sakura's in this new one. She was my favorite and a BEAST on my game. The Lunar characters were a good touch too.

Edited by Taku

PEMN. Average 20/0 Micaiah:

26 HP, 20 Mag, 17 Skl, 16 Spd, 26 Lck, 5 Def, 20 Res

Not too impressive when you compare her to somebody like Josh:

36 HP, 18 Mag, 19 Skl, 20 Spd, 14 Lck, 11 Def, 18 Res

Josh actually has something called durability.

I've only gotten Josh to level 18 highest, as I've got this thing to play the other characters more than Lords, but my Josh's stats weren't that impressive. Looks like I'll play him again and see.

Although it doesn't really matter who's better. Both are insanely strong for who they are. You're Micaiah got 26 Luck, the same as my Macaiah that I just got to level 20 an hour or so ago. Obviously, that's high luck for any person. The only character that has even matched that luck with me was Ross level 20 Premoted, who had 25, and that was an extra 9 levels from 1-10 in his training class, so he had an edge, whereas Micaiah didn't. Luck raises the persons chance to dodge by 1 for each luck as well as lowers the opponents chance to crit by one for each point as well and 26 luck pre-premoted is pretty overwhelming IMO. Not to mention Josh who had stats that look like a Swordmaster's stats, except perhaps a bit better in the damage department.

Either way, I just feel that it needs to be toned down a little.

Micky has those stats because the growths in those areas were also ridiculously high in FE10. I might just give a general overall tone down to everyone's stats and growths as I redo this. Maybe nothing too much, but we'll see.

It's worth noting that Tuck with his Silver Axe can kill Jarod in a few turns.

I'm sure he can, but I never did like using Units that are already promoted so early, since they seem to have less potential than other units, although Marcus probably is the reason for that. If it stays the same, I'll just have to use Tuck if I have to.

All Jeigans are usable until end game, just a majority of the time they don't end up as good as other units-- it takes along time before non-promoted units surpass their prepromoted counterparts, however.

PEMN. Average 20/0 Micaiah:

26 HP, 20 Mag, 17 Skl, 16 Spd, 26 Lck, 5 Def, 20 Res

Not too impressive when you compare her to somebody like Josh:

36 HP, 18 Mag, 19 Skl, 20 Spd, 14 Lck, 11 Def, 18 Res

Josh actually has something called durability.

Micaiah is awesome, though Josh seems to have a broken defense, especially for a mage...

Micaiah is awesome, though Josh seems to have a broken defense, especially for a mage...

But he's a MANLY mage. >:(

That doesn't explain Pent's(FE7) same DEF at lvl 20/6 <_< ...

I guess we found our Marty Stu...

Edited by soul1112

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So...about the customs...are Julie, Josh and Micaiah getting them only? Oh by the way...since Laura is a priestess and Amy a cleric perhaps you make Amy a Valkyrie and Laura bishop...?

So...about the customs...are Julie, Josh and Micaiah getting them only? Oh by the way...since Laura is a priestess and Amy a cleric perhaps you make Amy a Valkyrie and Laura bishop...?

There will be a few other characters getting custom animations.

Both Amy and Laura will go Bishop, but both will have different caps. Tara will be your Valkyrie.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...