Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least this means Camilla is almost for sure not winning CYL3. Not with her 6th alt so close to the vote, lol. 

But man this banner is weak. Hinoka has a good dagger I guess and its nice to have another solo skill popping up? But its free pull and out. 

2 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Wooo that like dislike ratio. Even if it is Fates, I thought I remembered there being people that actually wanted a Hoshidan banner with Hoshidan units on it. We got that.

(Even if Camilla's on it somehow. At least she's free. Everyone gets a seasonal Camilla now, haha)

Well, Elise somehow found her way on it, so it's still technically a step down from Nohrian summer in terms of being an "equivalent". Like, it's a Hoshidan banner that still found a way to shoehorn a Nohrian in.

Also, Camilla. Like, even if she's free and we don't have to pull for her, she could've totally been someone else who lacked an alt. Like Oboro. Even if Hoshido has had much less representation than Nohr overall, I think a lot of people are just really burned out from Fates in general.

Ryoma's Weapon is... ok... I guess?

Sakura's Weapon is kinda bad, in my opinion. If all allies have the same Atk, that's good, but if not... Meh.

Elise's Weapon is... ok... too. It works well with desperation, I guess.

Hinoka'sweapon is great. Mystic Boost (minus the healing) on the dagger is cool, and allows the user to use Desperation.

Oh boy, another Fates banner with everyone's surprise guest, Camilla.

I guess I could talk about their skills or whatever, but didn't even bother since I know that I'm not summoning on this banner; not even going to use the free summon.  It was nice that we actually got our yearly Radiant Dawn units, but even more Fates units...?  I guess hold them back for a whole month was just too much for IS.  We also now have 6 Camillas, and she hasn't even a CYL or a Legendary alt, all seasonal variants (I guess except for that banner in November, but what's really the difference).  I guess if any good were to come out of it I guess it be the fact that I don't have to do Tempest Trial now.

I'll personally try for Elise, though not too hard until we know what the mythic hero this month is.  Sakura would be neat too.  Don't have any real interest in Hinoka or Ryoma, though Hinoka's dagger seems like a better version of Cloud Maiougi.  Red Hot Ducks is also good for dagger inheritance, given that a thieves tend to be high speed, low attack units in the main games.

I'm probably going to free summon, and then return my efforts to trying to get the beasts. If I get Nailah (and possibly Reyson) I'll change my efforts to this banner.

Is it just me, or does Cindy Robinson's performance of Hinoka sound a bit different? 

FREE Camilla? The absolute best thing that could have happened. I really like the banner units too, though that powercreep -2 slaying weapon is troubling.

Love it. Totally random banner and still managed to be something I liked. Too bad I don't really have orbs for this, but I'll wait to see Valentine's and at least try to get Sakura out of it. Only negative is now the anti-Camilla hate train is riled up again just before CYL.

9 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Wooo that like dislike ratio. Even if it is Fates, I thought I remembered there being people that actually wanted a Hoshidan banner with Hoshidan units on it. We got that.

Probably because, even with Hoshido units, they still shoehorn Nohr units into it if I had to guess.

I think the Fates fits this theme the most because of Hoshido and the hot springs in the original games...if Adrift wasn't a thing, people would be more open to this banner. Or IS can calm down with the royals and recognize the rest of the cast in the game.

I feel like the past year, Heroes have singlehandedly making Fates (an already controversial game) to be even more hated which saddens me. 

Edited by zuibangde

5 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I'm probably going to free summon, and then return my efforts to trying to get the beasts. If I get Nailah (and possibly Reyson) I'll change my efforts to this banner.

Is it just me, or does Cindy Robinson's performance of Hinoka sound a bit different? 

Yeah, it sounds a little older and less squeaky. I think it's nice.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

FREE Camilla? The absolute best thing that could have happened. I really like the banner units too, though that powercreep -2 slaying weapon is troubling.

Love it. Totally random banner and still managed to be something I liked. Too bad I don't really have orbs for this, but I'll wait to see Valentine's and at least try to get Sakura out of it. Only negative is now the anti-Camilla hate train is riled up again just before CYL.

You act like everyone's so totally wrong to be anti-Camilla right now. :/ Do you understand why people have this view at all?

*Sees all Fates banner* - "Ok, this is fine. Easy banner to skip."

*Sees Camilla* - WHY IS... JUST WHY!!! 

Definitely an easy banner to skip. I'll do my free summons, if I get anyone I'd like it to be Sakura, A staff Flier would be really nice to have.
Camilla is a huge disappointment, there are so many better Fates characters to have instead, but NO! IS just has to keep using the same character over and over again. She better have a decent skillset and stats, because she is free and competing against Eir as a colorless flying dagger unit.

It's probably because the AFC Championship Game just finished with the usual result, but I can't conjure up any particularly strong positive nor negative feelings about this banner. Well, aside from being depressed that this one has both Elise and Sakura while over on the laguz banner:

Spoiler

7EZWIKA.png

WHY.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Anyone saying this will hurt Camilla’s chances at CYL, you only have to look up to see the mindset of the average Camilla fan.

It hurt Eirika. Its gotta at least kill some of the random "eh I'll throw her a vote as well I kinda liked her in Fates" votes. And no doubt a good portion of the Fates fans are sick of her getting so many alts and will vote for another Fates character instead. I mean she has more alts than Lyn, who won the original CYL and is pretty much the most popular female FE character in general. 

CYL3 on the female side will probably be between Eirika, Micaiah, Loki, Nino. Azura is the wildcard if enough of the former Camilla voters move over to her. Eir is the other wildcard because its hard to judge how popular an OC is until CYL comes around. I'm betting Camilla will finish around 4th on the female side. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You act like everyone's so totally wrong to be anti-Camilla right now. :/ Do you understand why people have this view at all?

well, sure. I can understand why people can be tired of another camilla alt. 
however, it's also tiring for those who do like Camilla (or don't care), and those who like Alts (or don't care) to have to do this for almost every seasonal banner. 

again. I respect the opinion of those who don't like alts, don't like seasonals, don't know why they are in bath towels, whatever. so basically. your orbs are safe.  what's there to be upset about? you can save your orbs for the banner that does tickle your fancy.  Alkaid really likes Camilla (so yay free Camilla), and wouldn't mind a CYL version (though people would be upst, but that's a wyvern of a different colour). and he (and I) really love fliers so we're excited. (and RIP our orbs)

i'm more mad that i'm being trolled hard. I need Sakura. (sigh)

Dev 1: Okay, I have an banner idea pitch for you. Hoshidan New Year's.

Dev 2: Sounds like a Camilla banner!

Dev 1: ...er, Hoshidan hot springs?

Dev 1: A Vallite banner with only blood relatives to Azura!

Dev 1: Why are you like this?

Edited by NekoKnight

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

well, sure. I can understand why people can be tired of another camilla alt. 
however, it's also tiring for those who do like Camilla (or don't care), and those who like Alts (or don't care) to have to do this for almost every seasonal banner. 

again. I respect the opinion of those who don't like alts, don't like seasonals, don't know why they are in bath towels, whatever. so basically. your orbs are safe.  what's there to be upset about? you can save your orbs for the banner that does tickle your fancy.  Alkaid really likes Camilla (so yay free Camilla), and wouldn't mind a CYL version (though people would be upst, but that's a wyvern of a different colour). and he (and I) really love fliers so we're excited. (and RIP our orbs)

That's fair enough, I'm just really tired of seeing so many Fates banners lately. Even an Awakening one right now would be more refreshing.

I'm upset IS , stop throwing those ranged fliers and cavalry, back to throwing armors already sob

My orb stash is down to two digit because of Leanne (even I  did get her she has bad IV), please let my orbs rest hhhhhh

One last hope is that Elise, Hinoka and Sakura's stats are not that offensive so I can NOT pull  hhhhh 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

Oh by naga what the hell is this? I mean personally I love this banner. Sakura and elise get an alt after a year of absence and hinoka gets her first seasonal. Also the art is GORGEOUS. Definitely gonna try and pull for sakura cause she's adorable. But seriously IS another Camilla? Like has the past couple of months not taught you anything? I mean good for people who like Camilla but god damnit we already have enough of her. Honestly if it weren't for camilla getting her 6th alt this banner would've been fantastic but no we get another camllia because everyone wants 6 versions of the same character. why can't we get other characters besides camilla? I mean there are other popular booby girls they can use like peri, Oboro(I think), selena, Beruka, etc. I'm just saying there are more characters besides camilla.