Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

Ryoma Emblem can now be complete... but I'm not going for it.

This banner doesn't impress me much, but the main reason why is that it just doesn't... look good. It's hard to make something of this concept fashionable and these alts only proved this point. The art looks bad too, imo. Ryoma, Sakura, & Hinoka all have looked better before. Ryoma isn't as handsome as he should be; his face looks old and tired. Sakura looks weird and Hinoka hardly looks like Hinoka. Elise is the only that looks good, but I have too many red and not enough other colors to figure out where to use her unfortunately. The red dagger is cool though. One reason I pull on banners is because I like looking at the art, but this banner just isn't doing it for me. I know it's a petty reason to not pull but I won't enjoy using units I don't like to look at.

I know these banners are planned MONTHS in advance and this was made before the Adrift Camilla controversy, but did they really not forsee this? I don't understand why they think there is such a huge demand for the same characters over and over again. If they wanted a sexy character from Fates, they still had options like Kagero (who wouldn't be well received) or Charlotte (who would be well received). They could've even used Felicia and it would've been way better received.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Umm aren't the people that make Heroes Japenese? I doubt it will ever reach them and even if it does... they don't speak english so...

There is a feedback feature in the game. Presumably the English team is reading them and taking them into... consideration (although when it comes to character choices, I'm sure the only thing they look at is sales data combined with their own biases to what they think we should like).

*Snacks on some corn on the cob* Anyone want some? I've got salt, butter, pepper, garlic, and avocado butter.

All this steam is good for something, like powering my Rhino Launcher. I wish I had a sauna. I'd also like to visit an onsen once- at least on paper, thinking about going to one more seriously, I'd be too nervous and uneased for that.

So Ryo the boy toy this time? I'll take a peek later, but then no more. I prefer it that way.

If they're giving tickets again, I'd be flabbergasted if any of these showed up- t'would be a great way to stab me game. 

40 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Rejoice only 14 Camillas to go and we can make Rival Domain teams full of Camillas. But one should dance please.

1. I suggest Vampire Camilla, after the vampire Carmilla.
  2. With so many alts, we should also get Solid Camilla, with some sexy facial hair, and armored via a cardboard box.
  3. Queen of Nohr Camilla, from an alternative universe where she became.
  4. Fashion Model Camilla, thank you my little nephew Forrey!
  5. A wild Giramilla approaches! Catch this Ghost Dragon FE character!
  6. Camilla Oda- the man who began the reunification of Japan during the Sengoku period if he were Camilla. So very Musou!
  7. Lorithia-Camillia for a GHB, the massive lategame headache boss from Xenoblade Chronicles returns! Counts as a Flying Armor Beast unit.
  8. Twinrova Camilla- a sorceress of fire and ice is sexy and nice.
  9. Bowser Camilla, because do you know who Bowser Jr.'s mother is? I do.
  10. Camilla of Altea- to honor the original hero of FE.
  11. 2C Camilla. You didn't know she is actually a robot from the moon, did you?
  12. Respect for the Aged Day Camilla- because Japan presently has 26% of its population over the age of 65. She is still gorgeous in old age, why it's almost like she hasn't aged a day, is she immortal?
  13. Hanami (flower festival) Camilla- for she is the dark rose of the battlefield.
  14. And lastly Return to Basics Camilla. Just her in usual outfit and as a Flier, albeit drawn by a different artist, with slightly changed stats, and she uses a Blue Tome instead.

Phew! That was harder than I thought it'd be.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

My response. I recommend everyone else who's frustrated to send in feedback as well.

?????✊?????

I shall begin working on my dissertation the same. 

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

Umm aren't the people that make Heroes Japenese? I doubt it will ever reach them and even if it does... they don't speak english so...

@Ice Dragon Be useful for once and translate our voices for us! And make it as insulting yet proper as possible, add some keigo, but make it facetious. (I joke.)

Well this is fun. But I should get back to what I was doing before I saw this pop up- fanficting the battle following the Miracle of Darna. I just about to get the moment when after the Crusaders effortlessly chopped down the Loptyrian cavalry and armored infantry, Bragi went forth and with a blessed voice preached to the approaching third wave of Loptyrian forces telling them to surrender their arms peacefully and hear the coming of holy salvation for Jugdral. Freedom shalt come to all who repent and to all who suffer!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

*sigh* Another Fates (or more specifically, Fates royalty) banner.  With two lolis.  And Camilla #6.

If I wasn't convinced before that IS doesn't actually care about our feedback regarding new banner units unless it's CYL time, I am now.  I always had this suspicion that IS mostly only puts characters they like in the game (which just happens to overlap with the tastes of 3DS-era fans) and now it's all but confirmed.

With all due respect, I think people are wasting their breath sending feedback.

At least Ryoma's hair is on point.  I guess.  Blah.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't get it.

Hinoka wants to know where her towel is after being stolen. But she's wearing it, right? 

This.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I mean they wouldn't put a feedback thing there if they couldn't read it. international feedback likely goes to treehouse first where it is translated and handed over to the devs at IS.

Focusing only on the skills, Hinoka has a side grade of dancer Elincia's dagger. I've always wanted to give Sakunya that one but the Desperation disabling was a turn off, I may try to get a Hinoka to give Sakunya a better dagger (her Res is good and the adaptive dmg nullify will work wonders for her).

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm only using my free pull for this banner and that's it, nothing else. I'm honestly okay with Hinoka getting an alt, but Ryoma again? Elise again? Sakura again? CAMILLA. AGAIN. If they REALLY wanted more Fates, why not Leo? Or Oboro? Or Kaze? Or Silas? Or Setsuna? Or Effie? Or Beruka?

Actually, Elise and Sakura only have one alt each so far (2 now including the baths) and both are not really used anymore due to powercreep. 

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Adrift was just over two months ago, so who knows. But this does ensure that whenever they do add Fates beasts, there will be even more hard feelings about it being a Fates banner.

The gap between alts keeps getting shorter. 2 Eirikas in the span of a month and a half, another Camilla after 2 months. IS is just doing the opposite of toning things down.  I think IS just doesn't care about the complaints, and maybe they have internal sales numbers to back that stance up (no idea, but I doubt they'd increase the alt count if they didn't think they'd sell well enough anymore).

17 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

It hurt Eirika. Its gotta at least kill some of the random "eh I'll throw her a vote as well I kinda liked her in Fates" votes.

Different beasts. New Year Camilla would have already stopped any “I like Fates” votes going to her in CYL2.

So will they pull that gag where Ryoma mistakenly enters the hot spring just as "ladies hour" begins? And then he has to hide from sight in order to avoid being labeled a perv. 

How does the game think I feel? I'm the one playing these damned chapters for the orbs.

Personally I've got nothing against Fates seasonals. I feel the problem is that IS isn't representing games with equal care. If Jugdral, Tellius, Valentia, and Archanea got some proper seasonals, I don't think there'd be as much backlash. Additionally, if we're to take Fates as a case study, they don't represent the characters within each game with equal care. Other than the overabundance of seasonals, I feel this is something we should give mention to

19 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hinoka wants to know where her towel is after being stolen. But she's wearing it, right? 

It's like a person who wear glasses and this same person is looking for his/her glasses, but the glasses are on his/her face.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Dude, what? Why would there even be a feedback feature in the localized version of the game if they can't use anything people send in it? They surely have someone translate for them or it goes to them translated through some kind of network.

You'd be surprised how many companies have a feedback section provided for another language but completely ignore it. In my job, we pass out evaluation forms and one side is in Spanish. However, no one down at the office knows Spanish so their feedback/suggestions are ignored. I can read some Spanish, but I'm not allowed to look at the evaluation forms due to privacy reasons.

I'm not saying Intelligent Systems doesn't have an English department; they obviously do because their game needs to get translated. However their English division is probably nowhere near their Japanese division. They're probably paying less people to read the English feedback.

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

There are people who translate Heroes into English. They can also have people to read English feedback and report on it back to the people who do make it.

It's a bit indirect, but that's to be expected with feedback on a large game. I expect Japanese feedback is handled the same way: read and reported on by people outside the main team. Regardless, I think it's worthwhile.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The gap between alts keeps getting shorter. 2 Eirikas in the span of a month and a half, another Camilla after 2 months. IS is just doing the opposite of toning things down.  I think IS just doesn't care about the complaints, and maybe they have internal sales numbers to back that stance up (no idea, but I doubt they'd increase the alt count if they didn't think they'd sell well enough anymore).

The weird thing is that they do respond to some complaints. There's a lag, but I'd think that by the time this banner was planned out (about six months ago, by my guesses) it would have been clear how people would respond.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

So will they pull that gag where Ryoma mistakenly enters the hot spring just as "ladies hour" begins? And then he has to hide from sight in order to avoid being labeled a perv. 

How does the game think I feel? I'm the one playing these damned chapters for the orbs.

It's like when Anna tried to hire me into drawing the bikini girls, back when I was playing.

I'm not sure whether this is great for bi/gay girl representation or horrible for females at all. I choose to believe the former, if only because I still need some faith in anything.

Edited by bethany81707
Mixed up my formers and latters.

Wow, the dislike bar really is massive and on both the English AND Japanese videos. Hopefully this says something to IS.

Those saying IS still hasn't learned though, keep in mind that each banner appears to be started six months in advance since lines are recorded that much in advance. So IS was working on this back in late summer while Adrift was being worked on at the start of summer. By the time our feedback got to them on Adrift and legend Azura and all, it was too late to turn back.

In a few months time, we should see signs that they learned. It's a wait, but it'd be better than them not learning.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The weird thing is that they do respond to some complaints. There's a lag, but I'd think that by the time this banner was planned out (about six months ago, by my guesses) it would have been clear how people would respond.

True, but like I said, maybe they've found these still make good enough money despite the complaints and dislikes they keep getting for these banners. That's the most important factor, after all.

Well I sent in feedback myself, I also disliked the video.  The more backlash IS gets the more likely they are to listen.  Sending feedback worked with Ayra and it can work again if enough people say something.