Special Heroes Arrive!! Hostile Springs (Jan. 23 ~)

Coolmanio

This banner is an easy skip for me. This is an odd theme. How does one fight wearing only robes/towels? Then again, the same question could be posed about fighting in swimsuits. 

At the very least, Camilla alts have variations unlike some other units (Hector). I'll give her that. If she's a money maker for IS, why is she the free unit? IS had no problems featuring her as a banner unit for NY despite not being Hoshidan. No reason to change that. 

Camilla's art is a downgrade from Adrift. Her art from that banner looked elegant and had better proportions. 

Her head looks too small and her face is just off. Her mouth is too low, eyes too off to the side and I guess she had her chin altered? It looks like she had a bust size increase. That or her previous outfits somehow flattened her chest somewhat. Her legs are fine but her arms in her idle pose look a little too thin. I think her damaged art looks better. Her proportions look a bit better. 

As for how she's able to fight without her towel falling off... I'm guessing double sided tape if it exists in the FE universe. 

Maybe she became a Malig Knight to learn a spell to solve the issues of lower back pain. 

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On another note, I just had another thought. How does Camilla not have any back pain from a chest that huge compared to her torso? I obviously don't know this from experience, but one of my grandmas had a chest too big for her and she had back pain from it.

pilates. 

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree with this. Maybe it's because I'm an asexual female though, and not a hetero male. And also, I suppose because I'm flat and look closer to a kid than grown woman that this kind of art turns me off too.

In fact, I've always disliked this kind of fanservice due to that. It purposely promotes the idea that large breasts, big butts, and maybe to a lesser extent, more height are the attractive thing while the opposite is not so much. I feel discouraged and not pretty as a shorter girl with a flattish chest. I wear glasses too, and how many fictional females wear those? I don't ever see many. But this is just how I feel, and maybe I might be overreacting a bit. But I still don't feel pretty seeing this kind of thing a lot, and I wouldn't want a chest that size anyway since as I said, the back pain would be annoying. And I don't think it's attractive regardless.

it was tongue in cheek my first comment but it doesn't automatically mean big chest = back pain.  to be very blunt - reading this comment can make those who happen to have large chests and big butts and more height to feel self aware of their bodies. people can be attracted to what they like but all bodies quite frankly are beautiful, big, tall, round, flat, whatever. not to mention true beauty comes within.

4 minutes ago, Paris said:

If she's a money maker for IS, why is she the free unit?

Camilla in the grail shop means Camilla whales have to put effort into Aether Raids, which means getting more mythic heroes.

Hm... after looking at her face in her idle art for a bit, I think most of the weirdness can be fixed by simply moving her chin down. It makes her face and head a bit bigger, which also makes the distance between her eye and nose less pronounced.

2 minutes ago, Paris said:

As for how she's able to fight without her towel falling off... I'm guessing double sided tape if it exists in the FE universe.

The black thing on the towel over her chest appears to be a pin of sorts (using a string instead of a metal pin, so maybe more comparable to a button). It's threaded through the front and back corners of the towel as can be seen in her damaged art.

And as long as the top edge of the towel is tightened enough, it won't slip past her breasts because they're being supported upwards by the swimsuit underneath, making them less compressible.

Her special art makes her look like a crazy person. But at least she has great fodder. Hone fliers is the obvious winner, but I can make very good use of atk/spd 2 and now I can use my extra Nephenee for wrath with a clear conscience.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

In fact, I've always disliked this kind of fanservice due to that. It purposely promotes the idea that large breasts, big butts, and maybe to a lesser extent, more height are the attractive thing while the opposite is not so much. I feel discouraged and not pretty as a shorter girl with a flattish chest. I wear glasses too, and how many fictional females wear those? I don't ever see many. But this is just how I feel, and maybe I might be overreacting a bit. But I still don't feel pretty seeing this kind of thing a lot, and I wouldn't want a chest that size anyway since as I said, the back pain would be annoying. And I don't think it's attractive regardless.

De gustibus not disputandum est.

There is no such thing as the "ideal body type". Not everyone will like the same things.  Camilla may be popular, but the shorter and flat-chested Lucina is even more popular. And flat chest didn't stop Cordelia from getting 2 fanservice alts.

Society will always try to paint some characteristics and qualities as the "best", like being tall, with blue eyes and a slim body. And yet at the end of the day it's only us that can decide what we like. If I see a muscular man, I don't feel insecure about how short and weak I am, it's a waste of time. The important thing is to like yourself, and then other people will find it easier to like you too.

Also, to give my two cents on the matter, my problem with Camilla were never her boobs. I like breasts. But I don't like tall women. I want to look my partner in the eye, and for that reason Camilla will never come close to being my ideal woman.

To all the people complaining about the art: remember that this Camilla was made by a different artist, that never did her before. Of course she looks strange and jarring at first, with a completely different artstyle. Perhaps at the end of the day the community will agree that the art is ugly. But they also agreed that Athena and OG Eliwood were ugly, and I never saw that so... to each their own.

Edited by GrandeRampel

Wow, even as someone who doesn't mind a little bit of fanservice, I think this is going too far. They went balistic on the boobs and everything else looks awful.

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

But they also agreed that Athena and OG Eliwood were ugly, and I never saw that so... to each their own.

I think it was more so just their eyes and not their entire art that was considered bad unlike the White Wolf turned Meth Head.

You know, with these responses, now I really want them to commission something from Honjou Raita just to see the reaction.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I think it was more so just their eyes and not their entire art that was considered bad unlike the White Wolf turned Meth Head.

Even with our favorite meth head, it's just his face and not his entire art.

17 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

De gustibus not disputandum est.

There is no such thing as the "ideal body type". Not everyone will like the same things.  Camilla may be popular, but the shorter and flat-chested Lucina is even more popular. And flat chest didn't stop Cordelia from getting 2 fanservice alts.

Society will always try to paint some characteristics and qualities as the "best", like being tall, with blue eyes and a slim body. And yet at the end of the day it's only us that can decide what we like. If I see a muscular man, I don't feel insecure about how short and weak I am, it's a waste of time. The important thing is to like yourself, and then other people will find it easier to like you too.

Also, to give my two cents on the matter, my problem with Camilla were never her boobs. I like breasts. But I don't like tall women. I want to look my partner in the eye, and for that reason Camilla will never come close to being my ideal woman.

Fair points, I suppose. Though I feel Lucina is liked for other reasons than her design. Cordelia though...Yeah, I can see a lot of her fans thinking she's pretty.

Well, if you're not a lot taller than me, you'd certainly be looking me in the eye. But more likely looking down at me, I'm not even 5 feet tall. I'm juuust under. And I like my guys tall and hunky, which is a reason I'm into dudes like Frederick and RD Ike. I'd look like a child next to them, and they'd be really looking down at me. I'm not sure they'd find that ideal, what with possibly getting a crick in their neck or mistaken for a pedo. I look that young. xP

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Even with our favorite meth head, it's just his face and not his entire art.

Fair enough, though I recall complaints that he looked washed out color-wise. Regardless, we can all agree he got completely shafted (not just in terms of art either) in this game when compared to his brother right?

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

unlike the White Wolf turned Meth Head.

*Looks over Nailah*

You're right, a mean meth head, her RD art was so chill. And her portrait serious, but ordinary and rational.

Spoiler

Nailahnailah_en.png

Fortunately, I consider every artwork in FEH an illegitimate born of incest between man and beast under the midwifery of the devil which was nursed with the blood of baby pandas and which have had their brain cells extracted and turned into jellybeans since the age of 3.

So this doesn't bother me so much, I just ignore the art entirely on a regular basis. The spritework is the real good visuals of this game- that we can hopefully all agree on.

...Oh, I just realized you meant Lloyd. Carry on. I didn't bother to do his GHB due to the hideousness.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

As units (not considering fodder application)...

Ryoma: no need to pull for him if you've been building Cordelia, Catria, or Shigure
Sakura: if you have Witch Mia, you have less of a need to pull her
Elise: if you have Summer Linde (or intend to get her - she should be on the upcoming Mythic Heroes banner!), you have less of a need to pull her (dagger cavalry aren't that great anyways)
Hinoka: if you have less of a need to pull her in general since you already get Eir and Camilla for free - even moreso if you have gotten New Year's Fjorm

God this is frustrating. Fire Emblem Heroes has just killed my enjoyment of the series.

You're telling me you can kill dragons with buckets of water!? 

Wait these are the first inheritable dragon killers right? And they have the "negate adaptive damage" effect? I feel like it's kind of a big deal these exist, but only as weapons on a seasonal unit. Like, waaay bigger deal than when we got a wo dao axe on spring Alfonse.

Also, as for Camilla having

Spoiler

Hone Fliers

as her 4-star skill,

Spoiler

RIP the chances of ever getting Hone Fliers as a skill on a 4-star summonable unit.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Wait these are the first inheritable dragon killers right? And they have the "negate adaptive damage" effect? I feel like it's kind of a big deal these exist, but only as weapons on a seasonal unit. Like, waaay bigger deal than when we got a wo dao axe on spring Alfonse.

Cloud Maiougi was the first.

And it's no worse than piercing armor with a fan.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Dancer Elincia is the first to carry inheritable dragon killer weapons. However, Hinoka is the first to have one that shuts down Wrathful Staff and adaptive damage.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Oh, I just realized you meant Lloyd. Carry on. I didn't bother to do his GHB due to the hideousness.

You aren't missing much at all. Even though his personal weapon did get a refine, he's still a rather unspectacular infantry sword. And unless you particularly like Iceberg, he doesn't even provide much of value fodder-wise either (Pass, Threaten Atk; Pass is the 4* unlock).

16 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Dancer Elincia is the first to carry inheritable dragon killer weapons. However, Hinoka is the first to have one that shuts down Wrathful Staff and adaptive damage.

Cloud Maiougi can run Mystic Boost for the same effect plus self-healing and doesn't have much to lose on that choice for the B slot since it can't run Desperation anyways.

20 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

You're telling me you can kill dragons with buckets of water!? 

It's divine water. And that got lost in translation.

The weapon's name in Japanese is 神泉の風呂桶 (shinsen no furo-oke), Divine Spring's Bath Bucket. So it's basically a bucket that Legendary Tiki breathed into until enough mist condensed to fill it.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hone........fliers................finally.....................free.....................and at 4 stars!  No there is no limit to the amount of flier teams I can make!  This is the best part of the banner and TT by far!

Camilla's art looks off, the face particularly in the attacking pose.  The dagger is interesting so I may keep the 5 star copy, but the 4 star copy will likely be eventually foddered. 

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Hot springs Camilla art was done by lack who previously did the art for Beruka, Kagero, Kaze, Nowi, and Saizo. I'm calling this a pikomaro Lloyd situation.

That was my immediate thought. It's hard to believe that they're from the same artist. Camilla's summer and New year's versions were pretty solid but this art... Very unfortunate for anyone who wanted to use her.

Camilla's art is just weird... How is she supposed to wield an axe when she has those noodle arms? With those proportions there's no way she woukdn't have massive backpain. It's strange since lack is usually pretty good. Did they make him draw this during a coffee break? 

Hone Fliers is awesome, but so is her dagger. I think I'll feed one copy to either my Nyakumi or Sakunyan. The other will get foddered to a flier.. Probably L!Azura.

Edited by Nanima

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

How is she supposed to wield an axe when she has those noodle arms?

When she is in the hot spring, the soft tissue in her arms slowly migrates to her chest. It returns to its original place a while after she exits the bath.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

When she is in the hot spring, the soft tissue in her arms slowly migrates to her chest. It returns to its original place a while after she exits the bath.

Well that explains it. xD