Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

2 hours ago, TheWill said:

Can we stop saying things like this?? First of all, I've literally only seen "minority" used as means to disregard a subset of people and their opinions. Similarly, how the hell is people being happy with Camilla a "majority" opinion? Whoever wins, whether Camilla, Micaiah or Robin, they most certainly don't have a majority of the votes. I agree using the term 'selfish' to describe others was unnecessary and ill-mannered, but this whole dismissal attitude people have as they label others as a minority and themselves as a majority is also just ridiculous and toxic, perpetuating the cycle. 

I didn't really mean majority and minority in absolute terms, and I was talking more relatively about a democratic process. Wouldn't suggest Camillia is getting anywhere near 50% of the votes. More accurate to what I was saying is that the people with the highest number of shared opinions will win while the people with the lower number of shared opinions will lose, IE, if people are grouped by whoever they vote for, the largest group would be the Camilla supporters (as an example, it's still possible she won't win and even now it's possible Alm is more popular than her). I don't actually care if Camilla wins or not, by in the minority I was referring to the people who want characters that stand practically zero chance of getting in (which I count myself. #VoteBloom). I encourage everyone to vote for what they want, in complete isolation of other people's votes. Even if a character won't win, it's still providing valuable data to the end result which I'm sure IS considers when guaging how popular a choice to include certain characters is.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What they should donis a first round of voting. Close it.

Reopen a 2. tound of voting but you can only pick from the top 5 male and females. That way the character most liked will win and the majority is happy. Instead of haveing all votes scathered across 200 chars. 

Voted for Eliwood today. I really like Alm, Marth and Eliwood so it's sad only two of them will win.

Female is a mess and I'm neutral at best for the current top 5 girls so I really don't care who wins. I would be slightly annoyed if F Robin wins though because she effectively got hundreds of votes per day from people that probably don't even play Fire Emblem just because of a prominent youtuber. 

Edited by zuibangde

I didn't plan on it but I actually gave old Michy a vote. She seems to be the one that needs it right now. Alm's spot seems relatively assured and its unlikely that Azelle gets much competition from the complete nobody gen one males that remain(aside from Lex of course). 

But Michy might have it really rough. With Robin apparently being successfully rallied for by some Youtuber despite really not needing more alts Michy runs the risk of being pushed out of the top two. And this is her last chance since the Three Houses girls will likely outrank her next time. The Brave spots for the girls will be quite bare for me it one spot goes to a character who annoys me and another that I barely care about. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Reopen a 2. tound of voting but you can only pick from the top 5 male and females. That way the character most liked will win and the majority is happy. Instead of haveing all votes scathered across 200 chars. 

I feel like they should've made a Nintendo Account a requirement so that multiple votes a day wouldn't be possible.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

With Robin apparently being successfully rallied for by some Youtuber despite really not needing more alts Michy runs the risk of being pushed out of the top two.

While I'm sure this matters, I've seen a ton of F!Robin support spread out across the web so there's definitely more to it than just Alpharad. What I'm curious about is where Eliwood's votes are coming from; he made a very impressive jump but I've not seen much vocal support for him.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

While I'm sure this matters, I've seen a ton of F!Robin support spread out across the web so there's definitely more to it than just Alpharad. What I'm curious about is where Eliwood's votes are coming from; he made a very impressive jump but I've not seen much vocal support for him.

Well, Blazing sword is still a popular game and both his son and his co lords are already in the Brave league. Maybe the fans of Roy, Hector and Lyn just naturally went to Eliwood after the other big GBA lords won their ballets. Eliwood might also benefit from the same neglect as Alm. Eliwood also got snubbed when it came to alts without being a Japan only lord to justify it. He's the first main lord in the west yet he still has only one alt and a rather unappealing standard art. 

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well, Blazing sword is still a popular game and both his son and his co lords are already in the Brave league. Maybe the fans of Roy, Hector and Lyn just naturally went to Eliwood after the other big GBA lords won their ballets. Eliwood might also benefit from the same neglect as Alm. Eliwood also got snubbed when it came to alts without being a Japan only lord to justify it. He's the first main lord in the west yet he still has only one alt and a rather unappealing standard art. 

Sure, but I've seen no rallies to him, unlike the other characters in the top. He was still below Owain last year.

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

Female Robin was the 20th in the CYL 2 Women's Side, 38th in total. I am pretty sure most of her votes are from the Youtuber's campaign. The same we could say about Louise.

Eliwood's Vote are probably because the others two (Lyn and Hector) are Legendaries, and fans want to complete the trio, which I am not against. He's also one of the main lord of the first FE released outside Japan, which makes his quite known.

It's interesting that units like Leif (9th in CYL 2), Kaeton (16thin CYL 2) and Kaden (19th in CYL 2) dissapeared from the Top 20 this time

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Female Robin was the 20th in the CYL 2 Women's Side, 38th in total. I am pretty sure most of her votes are from the Youtuber's campaign. The same we could say about Louise.

You're "pretty sure", but again, I've seen lots of tweets calling for support of her, same as many, many other characters. I'm not saying it doesn't have any impact, but there's a whole lot of campaigning going on, so attributing it to one source seems strange.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

He's also one of the main lord of the first FE released outside Japan, which makes his quite known.

And Robin is one of the main characters in the highest rated and second best selling game in the series, as well as a character in Smash.

It's interesting that units like Leif (9th in CYL 2), Kaeton (16thin CYL 2) and Kaden (19th in CYL 2) dissapeared from the Top 20 this time

Guess some space had to be made for Surtr and Líf.

F!Morgan dropped but Selkie remains in the top 20, which keeps me up at night.

Edited by Thane

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

Sure, but I've seen no rallies to him, unlike the other characters in the top. He was still below Owain last year.

True but maybe there didn't need to be an outright rally. Hector was still in the running last year and now he's not  some of his fans might have found it so natural to switch to Hector's buddy that they didn't feel the need to mention it. 

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

F!Morgan dropped but Selkie remains in the top 20, which keeps me up at night.

F!Morgan got in Heroes, Selkie didn't. I think it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

True but maybe there didn't need to be an outright rally. Hector was still in the running last year and now he's not  some of his fans might have found it so natural to switch to Hector's buddy that they didn't feel the need to mention it. 

This brings up an interesting question: where will the Camilla votes go next year?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

F!Morgan got in Heroes, Selkie didn't. I think it makes sense.

Yeah but Keaton and Kaden disappeared too. What is it about Selkie that's so appealing? I can't abandon my theory that the 50 Selkie fans each have access to hundreds of computers/accounts.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

This brings up an interesting question: where will the Camilla votes go next year?

Yeah but Keaton and Kaden disappeared too. What is it about Selkie that's so appealing? I can't abandon my theory that the 50 Selkie fans each have access to hundreds of computers/accounts.

Loki, probably.

I don't know what made Selkie do so well in CYL2, but the fact that she did well enough that she "should" have made it into Farfetched Heroes is probably keeping her fans going. Other beasts may be getting less attention now that the "will they add beasts and when" question is settled?

22 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I hope to Elise

Calm down there, Satan.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't know what made Selkie do so well in CYL2, but the fact that she did well enough that she "should" have made it into Farfetched Heroes is probably keeping her fans going. Other beasts may be getting less attention now that the "will they add beasts and when" question is settled?

Maybe.

Ooor...it's really just 50 people with way too much resources and free time. 

I call it the Kitsune Konspiracy.

Edited by Thane

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I wouldn't be against this. I'd also be fine with them only allowing you to vote if you have a Nintendo account.

That way they can stop people who don't have any interest whatsoever in Fire Emblem from voting for a character.

45 minutes ago, Thane said:

My guess is that people who like the "Touch fluffy tail" meme vote for her and give her a boost over the other two. 

8 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Today I voted for villains not in the game yet: Ashnard, Sonia, and Limstella.

A vote for Limstella = a good guy! She/he/it should be in the game ^^ but I think that we need Nergal if we want Limstella in the game

46 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I just realized this but since votes are being combined, Brom has a big chance to jump higher than the 300 ranks he was in individually from both previous CYLs.

Personally I'm hoping Tormod also gains something from Shotamod and Teenagemod sharing their votes rather than splitting them up. 

I missed some days, but I personally voted for Lethe in hopes that in the event that she doesn't show up for a while, she'll rank high enough to at least be included via the runner-up banner.

At those wondering where the Eliwood votes came from: there was a small-but-actually-a-thing rally around him on GameFAQs. I'm guessing that sort of thinking popped up on several sights at that level + lowest voting turnout yet. 

Also the GameFAQs SSBU board is pushing for Camilla votes out of spite for the number of FE characters in Smash, and supposedly /v/ is pushing Camilla as well? What I'm seeing is that Camilla is getting a lot of push from people who don't play the game. 

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Was tempted to help Micaiah against the YTber trying to hijack this contest but went for Petrine instead today.

I'm looking at the tweets (two of them) and they're one liners. One has like 130 something likes and the other is under a 100. Only if you played Heroes or are familiar with CYL would someone understand his tweets bcs they're vague and just say "I voted for Robin". No link, no "do what I tell you". I heard there was a YouTube community post, but there wasn't one when I checked just right now. It seems that someone blew the tweet way out of proportion out of spite for female Robin (I assume). Of course I could be missing something so notify me if I missed anything.

14 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

At those wondering where the Eliwood votes came from: there was a small-but-actually-a-thing rally around him on GameFAQs. I'm guessing that sort of thinking popped up on several sights at that level + lowest voting turnout yet. 

Also the GameFAQs SSBU board is pushing for Camilla votes out of spite for the number of FE characters in Smash, and supposedly /v/ is pushing Camilla as well? What I'm seeing is that Camilla is getting a lot of push from people who don't play the game. 

If it's like a few dozen or so then it's not that big of a deal. If it's in the hundreds and they're doing it just to light a shitstorm in the community out of spite for character representation in Smash then I'm a pit peeved. Source bcs I want to take a closer look at it.