Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I’m torn on who my last vote should go to. On one hand I just wanna vote for my favorite girl again but on the other I feel it’s best for the community if Camilla won. Ugh I dunno 

Vote for your favorite girl, I think that you will feel bad later if you don't. Don't do it for the community, do it for yourself ^^

And Camilla will be happy if you vote for her Tsundere vassal (I don't know for who you want to vote but it's funny if it's Severa/Selena ^^)

Edited by Drakhis

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

If Camilla doesn't win, think about next year. Camilla's fan will be unhappy. There will be more salt vote next time, more Camilla hate, more anti-Camilla hate, less real vote, and all...

You can vote for who you want, and it's the only good thing to vote for someone you like.

But for now, it's not the case: many people are not voting for who they, because of midterm-results. Some people vote against Camilla because they hate her, some people vote for her because they hate this community, and want to see more salt, some vote F!Robin not because they want her to win but because someone told them to. Those things could have been better if midterm-results wasn't there.

But if Camilla doesn't win, it will have consequences next year, and not some good one. It's pretty much a fact. There are some people who will do something stupid from both sides, and it will only get worse next year.

Yeah I think everything is a bit tainted. In a perfect world, people are voting for who they like. But it's not the case, so I'm hoping that CYL4 will change the rules.

There are problems if Camilla wins and problems if she doesn't win. There's no perfect solution at this point, any outcome will make some problem get even worse.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

There are problems if Camilla wins and problems if she doesn't win. There's no perfect solution at this point, any outcome will make some problem get even worse.

The thing I was trying to say is: The problems that we're going to have if she wins this year will be the same as if she wins next year, but you will have to add the problems that we will get if she lose this year.

But Yeah, there is no perfect solution at this point.

Edited by Drakhis

6 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

The thing I was trying to say is: The problems that we're going to have if she wins this year will be the same as if she wins next year, but you will have to add the problems that we will get if she lose this year.

But Yeah, there is no perfect solution at this point.

I don't think Camilla or anyone else is a guaranteed top ranking next year. By next year there will probably be a huge influx of Three House characters into the top positions. I think Camilla will handle her position a lot better against that than Michy but its not guaranteed. 

Due to the influx of new characters this year is definitely Michy's final shot but there exist a chance that its also Camilla's final chance .

12 hours ago, Othin said:

Camilla fans seem to feel differently. I have guesses as to why, but I'm also curious if any Camilla fans want to give their own take on the discrepancy.

Late response, but as someone who likes the top rankers equally, I also think it's along the lines of 'serious' vs 'joke/seasonal' alt type.

I also agree with people saying that's why Marth's rank isn't as high as people presumed. His Legendary form, which was released around the same time as CYL2 banner, is everything I would have envisioned from a CYL winner version of Marth, thus he effectively did win in my eyes. I consider his art being on the official CYL2 winners page combined with his subsequent Legendary alt as apologies by IS for snubbing him, while Camilla has received no such serious version. inb4 we get Mythic/Legendary Bolverk Camilla and her art on the CYL3 winners page if she drops to 3rd place

I don't see how a new Marth CYL form can top that incarnation in seriousness. The midterm male top rankers seems to support the above argument, with Alm having no alt, and Eliwood only having a mediocre joke/seasonal alt (not to mention his mediocre og form's art style).

9 hours ago, Lewyn said:

One other thing about Eirika vs Camilla fans that I didn't address, Adrift Camilla is just as "serious" as an alt as the wild far fetched Glepnir wielding Eirika.

Not sure about other people, but I think the art style affects what I consider 'serious' or not. Legendary Marth, Gleipnir Eirika, and Legendary Eirika all give that vibe, alongside all the CYL winner incarnations. Perhaps the soft art style of most Camilla alts is what prevents me from considering the Adrift Camilla to be 'serious' even if I know it's effectively a Fallen Heroes2 with heroes possessed by Anankos.

My apologies for the rambling, read through all the comments that I missed after I went to bed last night.

On the topic of this being Micaiah/Camilla's last chance to win CYL, wouldn't that be doubly the case for Eirika, Anna, Robin, and Azura? I have a hard time seeing them all remaining in their top spots once Three Houses comes out. I'm really hoping Eirika at least pulls second place on the female side because of that, she deserves to get the same CYL treatment her brother got.

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Day 5:

Hide contents

v2cfH96.png

@Fire Emblem Fan Took me a while but don’t worry, I got you covered ;):

Day 5 went to Brom! Best villager in the series (sorry Neph/Mozu) and, as Zihark put it, “the perfect Daddy!” A big man with an even bigger heart, Brom always sees the good in people and is always acting as a sort of father figure to others in the army. He absolutely adores his family and is always talking about how great they are every chance he gets. Despite not being immediately apparent, he is a rather sensitive man so please don’t make fun of him (Boyd)

Yay! Hopefully more people are using at least one vote for Brom. I know he's not gonna win, but it could help him get into the game!

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, it was a pretty random banner in general. And it seemed more like it was built around little Azura's special scenario than trying to be a true Valla banner, so I guess they decided to do some other ideas instead. My bet is Arete's in the pipeline to be a GHB at some point in the future anyway, at least. Perhaps Anankos could be slated for a mythic appearance, if they actually keep to the "godlike" descriptor.

But like, and correct me if there's some support out there saying otherwise, Camilla has like no connection to Young Azura at all (nor does Corrin for that matter, they never even met until the game itself I'm pretty sure). While Arete was Azura's mother and would have been way more suitable to get all introspective about.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

‘Sides, if she doesn’t win by now, she will win next year, so we might as well get this over with now

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

But like, and correct me if there's some support out there saying otherwise, Camilla has like no connection to Young Azura at all (nor does Corrin for that matter, they never even met until the game itself I'm pretty sure). While Arete was Azura's mother and would have been way more suitable to get all introspective about.

There is: When young Azura came to Nohr with her mother, she met Camilla. She wanted to be her sister, but Camilla's mother said no, and told Camilla to not get close with her. The young Azura dreamed about Camilla being her sister, this is why Adrift Camilla makes sense.

Spoiler

The following is not in the game but you can understand it: When Arete died, young Azura was sad. Maybe she erased the pain she felt by erasing her from her dream, and because she knew that Anankos was still there. Azura and her mother known about the curse, so even in her dream, I think that she is still scared. And for Corrin, she may have known them because of Mikoto being her aunt.

Edited by Drakhis

14 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Late response, but as someone who likes the top rankers equally, I also think it's along the lines of 'serious' vs 'joke/seasonal' alt type.

I also agree with people saying that's why Marth's rank isn't as high as people presumed. His Legendary form, which was released around the same time as CYL2 banner, is everything I would have envisioned from a CYL winner version of Marth, thus he effectively did win in my eyes. I consider his art being on the official CYL2 winners page combined with his subsequent Legendary alt as apologies by IS for snubbing him, while Camilla has received no such serious version. inb4 we get Mythic/Legendary Bolverk Camilla and her art on the CYL3 winners page if she drops to 3rd place

I don't see how a new Marth CYL form can top that incarnation in seriousness. The midterm male top rankers seems to support the above argument, with Alm having no alt, and Eliwood only having a mediocre joke/seasonal alt (not to mention his mediocre og form's art style).

Not sure about other people, but I think the art style affects what I consider 'serious' or not. Legendary Marth, Gleipnir Eirika, and Legendary Eirika all give that vibe, alongside all the CYL winner incarnations. Perhaps the soft art style of most Camilla alts is what prevents me from considering the Adrift Camilla to be 'serious' even if I know it's effectively a Fallen Heroes2 with heroes possessed by Anankos.

My apologies for the rambling, read through all the comments that I missed after I went to bed last night.

What if Camilla gets a CYL alt and it still doesn't use a serious style, if IS thinks it's not what her appeal is?

14 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

On the topic of this being Micaiah/Camilla's last chance to win CYL, wouldn't that be doubly the case for Eirika, Anna, Robin, and Azura? I have a hard time seeing them all remaining in their top spots once Three Houses comes out. I'm really hoping Eirika at least pulls second place on the female side because of that, she deserves to get the same CYL treatment her brother got.

Yay! Hopefully more people are using at least one vote for Brom. I know he's not gonna win, but it could help him get into the game!

I feel like that would get people saying Ephraim deserves the same New Heroes treatment Eirika got, to even it out again.

Personally I think they're balanced this way: a normal version, a second New Heroes version where they borrow a weapon associated with someone close to them, a promoted legendary version, and a seasonal version. I would have preferred to have both borrowed weapons be CYL, but I think this is the best we've got.

(Also, while Three Houses could take over much of CYL4, I think if we get a CYL5, it'll be pretty open field again. But who knows how things will be by then.)

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

‘Sides, if she doesn’t win by now, she will win next year, so we might as well get this over with now

If Camilla were to lose, it could slow the tide of other Camilla alts. Every time she gets an alt, it leads to more and more hostility towards Camilla, so that's a problem for even the Camilla fans that would get worse. (This is another reason why I oppose excessive alt counts for my own favorite characters, personally: I don't like overloading on them to the point of making other people like them less.)

Although who knows. They could take a Camilla loss as reason to release even more non-CYL Camilla alts to make up for it, especially after her fans have already demonstrated their dedication by taking her to the top. Given how they've acted so far, that might actually be a more likely possibility. Maybe everyone loses in that case. (Except people who voted for F!Robin.)

5 minutes ago, Midnox said:

But FE3H will be out by then. And provided FEH isn't absolutely tone deaf to new mainline FEs, Camilla would have to compete with ~20 new girls, and certainly some of them are going to develop a cult overnight. Will people still love her when she is no longer so young and beautiful? In the most optimistic of scenarios, I'd see her tussling for 2nd, first would have to go to a 3H girl.

I'm looking forward to the new venoms, no more Camilla-anti-Camilla. I can't imagine what the new female and male controversies are going to be. What objectionable plot actions are the new main characters going to take? What is 3H is going to get so terribly wrong? -Hopefully not much, or any at all, but there will be some in the fanbase of course.

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

she mate Camilla.

Whoa typo! None of that stuff here please!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whoa typo! None of that stuff here please!

Whoops sorry :( I'm French, but I know that so really sorry ^^ (Too lewd for me xD)

Edited by Drakhis

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I couldn’t really decide who I wanted to vote for today, does anyone have a strong case for Boyd, Heath, Stefan, or Basilio?

I say go Boyd. We need more axe people and Reavers looked freaking sweet.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

What if Camilla gets a CYL alt and it still doesn't use a serious style, if IS thinks it's not what her appeal is?

The WORST timeline right here. Honestly, it would be unforgivable since Adrift proved they can do a serious Camilla.

If this happens I will stop making excuses for IS and UNINSTALL the game.

It's a promise.

i really hope you guys don't mean it when implying to know what's best for the community

1) because serenes forest is a small, small part of it, as welcoming and peaceful as it is

2) because this cyl's result is gonna just one more grain of sand in a whole beach, it's either a win or a loss for everyone as a community, depending on how you want to look at it

i hope you know not everyone's gonna be satisfied anyway, so  "camilla's victory's gonna be the best thing for the community" or "camilla must be defeated for everyone's happines" are both of them objectively wrong statements

only IntSys knows best for the series (highly questionable), so please, don't put yourselves at the same level of arrogance those you criticize are

i'm sure you're better than this

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, Drakhis said:

Vote for your favorite girl, I think that you will feel bad later if you don't. Don't do it for the community, do it for yourself ^^

And Camilla will be happy if you vote for her Tsundere vassal (I don't know for who you want to vote but it's funny if it's Severa/Selena ^^)

thanks for the kind words and yes it is Severa/Selena. I just love her too much far more than I probably reasonably should. She deserves better damnit! 

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm with grande on this may not uninstall the game but dear god IS would pretty much lose all my respect if they were to do this.

11 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

The WORST timeline right here. Honestly, it would be unforgivable since Adrift proved they can do a serious Camilla.

It's a promise.

I think I will do the same if this happens and if they are not making some great change (Because if they fail Brave Camilla but the game became really better I will keep playing).

But if they make a really good alt, I will spend money to get at least two of the Cyl 3 units.

5 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i really hope you guys don't mean it when you imply to know what's best for the community

I don't know what's best for the community at all, but it's realistic to say that we will have some people doing stupid things in any case.

Edited by Drakhis

41 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

There is: When young Azura came to Nohr with her mother, she met Camilla. She wanted to be her sister, but Camilla's mother said no, and told Camilla to not get close with her. The young Azura dreamed about Camilla being her sister, this is why Adrift Camilla makes sense.

Hide contents

The following is not in the game but you can understand it: When Arete died, young Azura was sad. Maybe she erased the pain she felt by erasing her from her dream, and because she knew that Anankos was still there. Azura and her mother known about the curse, so even in her dream, I think that she is still scared. And for Corrin, she may have known them because of Mikoto being her aunt.

I suspected someone would pull out something like that, but Arete still seems like she would have been the most suitable character for that particular banner (though now I'm thinking Camilla could have stayed, but the Corrins should go. I highly doubt she ever would have met, or remembered meeting Corrin given that Corrin is described as coming to Hoshido as a baby).

9 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i really hope you guys don't mean it when implying to know what's best for the community

1) because serenes forest is a small, small part of it, as welcoming and peaceful as it is

2) because this cyl's result is gonna just one more grain of sand in a whole beach, it's either a win or a loss for everyone as a community, depending on how you want to look at it

i hope you know not everyone's gonna be satisfied anyway, so  "camilla's victory's gonna be the best thing for the community" or "camilla must be defeated for everyone's happines" are both of them objectively wrong statements

only IntSys knows best for the series (highly questionable), so please, don't put yourselves at the same level of arrogance those you criticize are

i'm sure you're better than this

I'm just being realistic. I can't say with 100% certainty that I know what is "best" for the community but if Camilla does win I suspect future CYLs will be a lot less toxic. Cause as far as I can tell the Camilla boogeyman is what's causing all this debate and which was even present during CYL 2(which Camilla was robbed from I'll admit). So if she wins people would have to stop complaining about her in the midterm results because she'd have already won and thereby be removed from the poll. 

26 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I don't know what's best for the community at all, but it's realistic to say that we will have some people doing stupid things in any case.

which is exactly what i said

i know it's sad and i'm sure everyone would love to see a peaceful community

but this isn't the case, and there's nothing we can do about it, except trying to be better than those we criticize, not by going all-out against them because they act stupidly, but by explaining them where and why they're wrong

the only ones who possess the power to actually change something is IntSys' guys themselves, so let's just place our trust in them

@Ottservia look, i'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, and i really appreciate your honesty

but if you're looking for a responsible for all this situation, someone to be mad at, that is IntSy: they're the one who let us know midterm results, thus allowing us to dramatically change the final results

i personally don't hate them, i think they make things a little bit spicier, and that's why i accept brave veronica's existance, and i personally can't really feel justified when i say camilla's been robbed, because IntSys let that happen, and they're the only one to be blamed for that: not those who voted for veronica nor anyone else

and no, i personally don't think any single camilla hater's gonna stop complaining if she's actually gonna win: in fact, they'll be even angrier, because they didn't manage to """fulfill their camilla-destruction campaign"""

Edited by Yexin

3 minutes ago, Yexin said:

which is exactly what i said

i know it's sad and i'm sure everyone would love to see a peaceful community

but this isn't the case, and there's nothing we can do about it, except trying to be better than those we criticize, not by going all-out against them because they act stupidly, but by explaining them where and why they're wrong

the only ones who possess the power to actually change something is IntSys' guys themselves, so let's just place our trust in them

Nah. I don't. All this irreverence is hella amusing.

28 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

It's a promise.

19 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I'm with grande on this may not uninstall the game but dear god IS would pretty much lose all my respect if they were to do this.

19 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I think I will do the same if this happens and if they are not making some great change (Because if they fail Brave Camilla but the game became really better I will keep playing).

But if they make a really good alt, I will spend money to get at least two of the Cyl 3 units.

This seems like good common ground: an outcome both Camilla fans and non-Camilla-fans can agree on as undesirable, at least this particular fraction of both groups.

I'm actually feeling better about this whole thing, seeing that. If Eirika or one of my other favorite lords had gotten a ton of seasonals but no serious alts, I'd want IS to knock it off with the seasonals, but I can see myself seeing CYL as a hope of finally getting them a serious alt. (On that note, I wonder how Xander fans feel.)

Hahaha... I know, unless something very strange happens; Camilla will remain in the Top 1; and it's pretty much impossible now to make her leave the Top 2.

But I don't mind it; I would like to see what IS does with a half-serious interpretation of Camilla instead of going pretty much exclusively sexy older sister in (almost) all her alts (the Adfrit just has the big sister part).

But I'm worried about Micaiah; she suddenly jumped to the Top 2 without a particular organized movement; product of many circunstances in the last year; and these circunstances makes this year pretty much her only opportunity to win CYL, for at least 4 years; who knows how many popular gals ends bringing 3H, and how any future Alt of Micaiah affect her overall position in the next CYL.

Edited by Troykv