Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

Eh as a Marth fan, he has everything he needs, even a Binding Shield alt. The only thing he could possibly get is a Toga form.

Personally I care far more about new characters and canon alts that are missing like Shadow Dragon!Hardin, Path of Radiance!Sothe, or BindingBlade!Hector.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's true, then it's a near perfect result for me. Alm winning was the biggest thing I wanted.

As for the females, Micaiah is a worthy winner. And while Camilla didn't get completely knocked out as I would have preferred, she did still get knocked down to 2nd which means Micaiah gets the Prf skill. Overall, a good result.

Oh man, if this is true...

Spoiler

Not only we protected Miccy from falling off the Top 2, we pushed her high enough to actually place first! We did it, fam! Camilla staying on Top 2 is fine with me, since I like her and it also means not having to deal with this salt next year.

As for the guys, Alm's cool, but I don't know if I should feel happy for the Eliwood fans (seriously, that was SOME work you guys did!) or sad for the Marth fans.

If the results are true...

Spoiler

I'm pretty bummed. Miccy is fine, I actually like her and Alm deserves it too but Camilla doesn't need to be there. She has what 6 alts, she doesn't need a brave IMO (tho CYL is a popularity contest at the end of the day so whatever). As for Eliwood, I actually am happy for him since he has always been my fav out of the Blazing Blade trio and he deserves way more than he gets but at the cost of Marth, I'm super sad. Tho I will take solace in the fact I'll possibly be able to get a free L!Marth if the datamine is real.

Spoiler

HAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL. Sorry, had to get it out of my system. It's kinda funny when people said that Marth will definitely win like it couldn't have gone any other way. No offense to Marth fans. I hope his time comes next year as he''s been screwed in the ass on several occasions.

Camilla winning is good for the community as people won't be at each others throats next year.

I personally like both characters on the male side and Micaiah. I hope they get the game sorted out so that I could roll for them. Otherwise I'll keep on waiting for skill refinery

Spoiler

I don't know how to feel about the males side. I like Eliwood and I think it's neat that we managed to get all three of the Blazing Blade trio CYL alts across the three years, but it does sting that it had to cost Marth his spot in the process. What makes it worse is that it would be the second year in a row that he's gotten screwed over by IS' handling of the system.

As for females, happy that Micaiah stuck it out, she was the one I was rooting for the most out of the females so I'm happy she managed to take it.

Edited by Medeus

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Now we can start with the predictions about what color, movement type and weapon type each character will be!

Spoiler

Micaiah - Infantry Red Mage
Camilla - Flying Axe
Alm - Infantry Bow
Eliwood - Horse Lance

18 minutes ago, Jave said:

Oh man, if this is true...

Hide contents

Not only we protected Miccy from falling off the Top 2, we pushed her high enough to actually place first! We did it, fam! Camilla staying on Top 2 is fine with me, since I like her and it also means not having to deal with this salt next year.

As for the guys, Alm's cool, but I don't know if I should feel happy for the Eliwood fans (seriously, that was SOME work you guys did!) or sad for the Marth fans.

Spoiler

I know right! So Happy. 
Now. put Micaiah on a pegasus please. 

On 30/01/2019 at 7:02 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Were you thinking of the Blood Pact when you thought of this?

Edit: I somehow forgot Sothe existed. And I guess I was drawn to more depressing thoughts.

TBH the first time I thought of a dagger Micaiah alt, I thought of what she can potentially do in chapter 3-13. It's such a gutsy move which is why I like it. It also contrasts her indecision in chapter 3-12. That's actually my favourite part of the blood pact. Even if you can rewrite the plot so that Daein can side with Begnion, you wouldn't have the whole fiasco of chapter 3-13. 

Spoiler

If these results are accurate (and I'm inclined to believe they are) then I'm satisfied with the placing of the guys, but not particularly excited for either side. As for Marth, he's pretty much guaranteed to win next year, so nothing to be sad about there. All that's needed is a little patience. And by then, he'll have powercrept many others. Now, as for the women's side, I'm not a fan of Camilla('s tailor) or Micaiah (as a person and character, though her design is very good), but that doesn't mean them winning is bad news. The fans got what they wanted, so good on them. And for people like me who don't particularly like them, we can choose not to summon them and save orbs. We can also go to CYL4 not worrying about their inclusion. So, again, everyone wins in some capacity. :)

It's not too surprising that Alm, Marth, and Eliwood's race was so close, either. They're all pretty similar (kind, mostly-mild-mannered guys who will somberly do what they must for the greater good, even if it means killing), and I don't dislike any of them.

All that said, I'll probably wind up summoning for skills this year, which is unusual for me. Most likely, one of Alm or Eliwood.

As for predictions on weapons, movement types, designs influence and titles:

Micaiah: She could go several ways, but I think I'd be happiest with a design based on Sothe. Maybe his promoted form. So, that outfit, plus daggers. Getting a "blue dagger" sort of vibe, though its effect could be something like the Heron Wings. Infantry. Brave Dawn.

Alm: Following the theme presented by my Micaiah suggestion, Alm could get an outfit based on Celica's SOV standard clothes. I think that'd be interesting. It's more likely that he'll have an outfit based on his original design, or on Rudolf's armor, though. If it's the red-and-white scheme, he'll probably get a red bow. If it's based on his original armor, he may get a sword (again) or a bow of some sort. If it's based on Rudolf's armor, I could see him with a lance. Cavalry, infantry, armored, respectively. Brave Emperor.

Camilla: I may not know too much about her, but I fear that whatever they put her in, it's going to be fanservicey. Could be something based on Corrin's outfit? To me, she's the biggest mystery. "Brave Beauty" is almost guaranteed.

Eliwood: He looks a lot like his dad, and dresses a lot like his dad (iirc.) So, something based off of Ninian's outfit or his mom's outfit would be cool. He'll probably be a cavalry unit, and wield a lance or a tome. Either way, my guess is that he'll be a blue unit. Brave..."Marquis" was already taken, wasn't it? Can't remember if that was Hector's title or not. If not, I could see "Brave Marquis" but "Brave Pharae" works, too, provided I spelled that right.

Spoiler

If these are the results then I would be more than happy. I supported Micaiah and it is nice seeing her go  1st (does that also mean that she will get a special skill?). Camilla 2nd is nice too I guess as it does save us from a lot of salt. Men is ok too and Marth will win next year most likely.

26 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:
  Hide contents

Micaiah - Infantry Red Mage
Camilla - Flying Axe
Alm - Infantry Bow
Eliwood - Horse Lance

Spoiler

Cool! I could also see Alm as a Cavalry Lance unit, just like his father or Granpapa Mycen. And I agree that Camilla will be a flier, because she doesn't know how to use her legs in this game.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Now that I think about it the results have some pretty great variety. Almost every part of the fanbase gets something. 

We got a NES character(technically)

A GBA and a Gamecube character

And one character to represent the 3ds era. 

You say the NES characters is on a technicality, but say there's a Gamecube appearance with no strings attached?

Spoiler

Micaiah was (probably) alluded to without being named in one of Sothe's lines of dialogue, but she's got less claim to the GCN than Alm has to NES.

I am probably one of the few people who is more interested in who is in the top 50 of each gender over who won, since it will give me an idea of which of my favs have a shot at actually getting into Heroes in the next year.  

If true results are better than I expected even if not ideal. 

Spoiler

Camilla is still there which is unfortunate but at least she got knocked out of first place by Miciah.  Alm is great, Eliwood completes the blazing trio and is a very nice choice.  Though I feel a bit bad that Marth got knocked out, his legendary version is just perfect.  Meanwhile both Eliwoods are rather lacking, the armor one isn't bad but doesn't really stand out compared to other blue armors.  

30 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

TBH the first time I thought of a dagger Micaiah alt, I thought of what she can potentially do in chapter 3-13. It's such a gutsy move which is why I like it. It also contrasts her indecision in chapter 3-12. That's actually my favourite part of the blood pact. Even if you can rewrite the plot so that Daein can side with Begnion, you wouldn't have the whole fiasco of chapter 3-13. 

Weird, so I was right.

I in a way remember that parallel and the her statement made concerning 3-12 during it, but perhaps it hasn't been as felt as you've felt it. Perhaps I thought the moment belonged more to Pelleas than Micaiah, with his signature composition playing in the background, though both can own it.

And it is unusual for a lord to do, most refuse to sacrifice anyone, and never do or allow it inasmuch as they stop it from happening. It was for the greater utilitarian good, and the sacrifice accepted it, but for once, a lord was willing to sacrifice another. And RD had a similar case earlier, albeit they had to decide then, Micaiah didn't quite have it forced upon her.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am probably one of the few people who is more interested in who is in the top 50 of each gender over who won, since it will give me an idea of which of my favs have a shot at actually getting into Heroes in the next year.  

Oh; that is true; soon we'll know how exactly it changed the results compared with last year.

Spoiler

Female results are pretty much the dream come true for me, only problem is that I can only choose one as my free unit. Two of my absolute favourite Fire Emblem characters. Here's hoping they get some badass designs. And I for one hope that Camilla doesn't start using her legs any time soon; cavalry and flying units remain superior.

Male results are interesting. I feel like Marth is afflicted by the same thing that afflicts Chrom; he's well-liked but few people love him, so despite always doing well in these he has a hard time getting over the top. Honestly, this doesn't bother me much, because I feel like I lot of people vote for Marth because they feel he "deserves" to win rather than they like him, and IMO that's missing the point of the contest. (Also, Marth is in Smash Bros. I think that's worth about 30 FEH alts.) That said, it does suck for his genuine fans to get the false hope at the midterm results and then get disappointed, so I feel for them there.

Happy for Eliwood; though not an all-time favourite, he is towards the top of the male lords for me (behind only Chrom) and I've always resented how he gets overshadowed by the other Blazing lords, so nice that he didn't have to wait long to join them.

Not much to say about Alm! I hope he gets a magic alt inspired by Celica since turnabout is fair play and we're seriously overdue for a male character to get a magic alt; for some reason that's so far been reserved for women. (Lucina/Lyn/Camilla/Eirika have 'em, Xander/Chrom/Ephraim/Hector don't, etc.)

Hoping for Chrom and Eirika to do well next year!

Spoiler

I'm happy about Micaiah, happier that she even managed to place 1st. I don't like Camilla, but them's the works, I guess.

I also don't like Alm. Marth and Eliwood being the winners would have been the perfect scenario on the male side for me, but if Alm had to win I am happy Eliwood could get in there as well.

Most likely I'll just be taking Micaiah and leaving it, but there's a chance I'll try to get Eliwood, too. Always preferred him to Hector.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Oh; that is true; soon we'll know how exactly it changed the results compared with last year.

Yes, I am looking forward to seeing if anyone climbed up the list and who might be a far fetched this year.  I am just hoping that some of my favs like Cormag and Elphin did well.

Spoiler

Really glad to see Micaiah take the top spot (I know who I'm going for on my free summon).  I'm also really glad to see that Alm will finally get an alt (even though it wasn't a shocker).  Kind of sad to see Marth loose the 2nd place spot again, but I'm also happy with Eliwood.  Sucks that Camilla actually made it in the top 2, but it's just one small blemish... plus she can't be in another CYL.

1 minute ago, Nora said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Really glad to see Micaiah take the top spot (I know who I'm going for on my free summon).  I'm also really glad to see that Alm will finally get an alt (even though it wasn't a shocker).  Kind of sad to see Marth loose the 2nd place spot again, but I'm also happy with Eliwood.  Sucks that Camilla actually made it in the top 2, but it's just one small blemish... plus she can't be in another CYL.

Without Camilla a lot of the salt in the CYL will be eliminated.

It's unlikely a character in 3H will be as impactful in the fanbase as Camilla

Spoiler

I REALLY hope the data mines are true, because I'm just here for Eliwood, haha. Marth was my second favorite, so, if he'd won, I would've been happy, but I prefer Eliwood-Alm win to an Eliwood-Marth win, because Alm really needs an alt, ASAP. I'm glad about the female's division, too -- I'm pretty fond of Micaiah, and I think Camilla placing second is perfect; there won't be as much salt as if she'd won 1st, nor will there be Camilla salt during the next CYL. Anyway, crossing my fingers that it's all true -- all seven of my votes went for Eliwood, so I think my stance is pretty clear.

Edited by LdotRage

Well...the “leak” was taken from the source code of the official webpage so it’s pretty much legit.

Spoiler

Nice to see that the Eliwood surge was very real. Camilla being pushed my Micaiah was rather unexpected but it’s good to see that Micaiah wasn’t pushed to 3rd place due to the agressive pushing F!Robin got. 

Marth can still win next year’s CYL just by being Marth. His biggest competition would be Dimitri and Claude, followed by Chrom and M!Robin. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Now we can start with the predictions about what color, movement type and weapon type each character will be!

Well...

Spoiler

Alm: Colored Bow or lance infantry, cavalry or armored unit

Micaiah: Green tome or staff infantry

Camilla: Colored dagger or sword flier to keep the trend of all Camillas being flying units

Eliwood: tome cavalry unit, any color. Even colorless