Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Alistair said:

If I'm reading the results correctly, this means that Farfetched Heroes 3 will be Líf, Bruno, Awakening!Anna and Selkie, assuming none of them get in before then.

i wouldnt be surprised if they skip Anna. Semanticly she is allready in the game.

Just now, Hilda said:

i wouldnt be surprised if they skip Anna. Semanticly she is allready in the game.

To add onto this: Lif will probably get skipped as we can expect the Book 3 OCs to have their own banner later. Bruno is a question mark to me - Farfetched Heroes aren't alt versions of character but the normal versions. Not sure if they have a plan in mind already for his release and will skip over him in Farfetched because of that, or if they will shrug and include him. 

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Eh, not really, considering Awakening!Anna uses swords and staffs, while Heroes Anna wields an axe and is almost certainly a different person. 

Besides, IS apparently considers them distinct enough to warrant separate, non-pooled vote counts to begin with.

@TheNiddo

Loki got in last year in Brave Redux, separate from both Book 2 OC banners, so I see no reason Bruno won't.

Edited by Alistair

Hooray for Micaiah for not only staying in top 2 but actually getting 1st place!

Don't really care about Camilla getting 2nd - at the very least, Camilla haters would probably be pleased that Camilla will no longer be in the running should FEH make it to CYL4.

Wonder how good of a unit Brave Micaiah would be.

1 minute ago, Alistair said:

Eh, not really, considering Awakening!Anna uses swords and staffs, while Heroes Anna wields an axe is almost certainly a different person. 

Besides, IS apparently considers them distinct enough to warrant separate, non-pooled vote counts to begin with.

Those 2 Annas are completely different people so it shouldn’t be a problem. 

The next Farfetched Heroes banner? They’ll most likely skip Líf and Bruno. 

13 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Loki got in last year in Brave Redux, separate from both Book 2 OC banners, so I see no reason Bruno won't.

I'm honestly still surprised they put Loki in Brave Redux, but I think she'll be the exception. I imagine they have different plans for Bruno.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm honestly still surprised they put Loki in Brave Redux, but I think she'll be the exception. I imagine they have different plans for Bruno.

Maybe they'll give us Bruno and Original Veronica for free on the anniversary. Similar like the Askrtrio. Unmergable originals, considering Embla is heavily involved in the Story about Hel.

Edited by Hilda

Glad to see Ranulf do so well. Granted he just missed making the Farfetched Heroes mark since four non-playable characters are above him, but he not only did better then last year, he held out and made Top 15 male side despite most of his Beast brethren dropping into the 50s or lower. I'm very happy with that result since it means one way or another he's still getting the push I was hoping for with him. 

Medeus on the other hand I would've liked to have seen him do better, but I'll take the slight bump up for now. I just have to push for him even harder next year provided he still doesn't pop up by then. 

Oooh! Great results. I'm so glad Alm & Eliwood won. Alm just because I hate his current art in heroes, so hopefully they do him justice. And Eliwood was just my favorite lord/it was the first game I played as a kid, so I'm personally attached to him (and I've always hated Hector so I wanted Eliwood to finally get some love). Also I care so little about Marth (sorry I never played his game), so I'm actually really happy he's not in the top 2 because I had 0 excitement around him winning. I really hope Eliwood looks amazing though, I'm so excited for him!

Also super glad Camilla got pushed down to #2. Glad she finally got her CYL alt so she can be finally removed from the pool and people can stop complaining, but I do enjoy the fact she didn't get number 1. Though technically Anna got #2 if it wasn't for vote splitting, which makes me unnecessary gleeful, cause I like Anna! Micaiah being top is cool! I always liked her, though Radiant Dawn is such a distant memory to me unlike the old games which I played like 3-4x each, I only played RD once.

4 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Glad to see Ranulf do so well. Granted he just missed making the Farfetched Heroes mark since four non-playable characters are above him, but he not only did better then last year, he held out and made Top 15 male side despite most of his Beast brethren dropping into the 50s or lower. I'm very happy with that result since it means one way or another he's still getting the push I was hoping for with him. 

Medeus on the other hand I would've liked to have seen him do better, but I'll take the slight bump up for now. I just have to push for him even harder next year provided he still doesn't pop up by then. 

I voted for him if it means anything.

4 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Also super glad Camilla got pushed down to #2. Glad she finally got her CYL alt so she can be finally removed from the pool and people can stop complaining, but I do enjoy the fact she didn't get number 1. Though technically Anna got #2 if it wasn't for vote splitting, which makes me unnecessary gleeful, cause I like Anna! Micaiah being top is cool! I always liked her, though Radiant Dawn is such a distant memory to me unlike the old games which I played like 3-4x each, I only played RD once.

God, I just don't understand how people can be so petty about this

6 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Re: The Bolded: I don't think this is necessarily the case. Farfetched Heroes banners in the past have been 2 male and 2 female units, so unless Lif gets onto Farfetched Heroes 3 (which I feel would be farfetched, since he's most likely being saved for an End Of Book III banner that he can share with Thrasir and either Hel or an introduced-mid-Book-III OC), Ranulf's got the last spot since there's only one other guy above him that could qualify for Farfetched Heroes (Bruno).

However, I too am happy that Ranulf placed highly, considering that I wanted him to do well.

9 minutes ago, Medeus said:

If Duma is any indication of what to expect for Mythic Heroes, then Medeus is gonna show up as a Mythic Hero at some point in the future, so you shouldn't have to worry about him not popping up by 2020.

Yes!! All of the yes! Finally I can go back to sleeping peacefully. Never been so happy to see the results. Not even when I was on team Veronica.

And seeing Anna in 3rd place instead of Robin tells me that hate-voters who said they would vote her to knock Camilla out FAILED spectacularly. High five Anna fans, we showed 'em what's the difference between voting who you love and voting out of spite.

I don't want to sh*t over true Robin fans, but so many of us made peace that she would atleast knock-out Micaiah and maybe Camilla too, that it feels so good. Soooo good.

And congratulations to Micaiah fans. Good Game, you beated us fair and square. Enjoy your special CYL outfit, we will enjoy ours for sure.

Alm fans, long have yoy waited, but with such a showing IS can't ignore you guys anymore.

And Eliwood actually did it, WTF?

I may have hoped for this since I like BB way better than SD but I didn't dare to hope it would happen. So happy.

Press F to pay respect to Marth.

I said multiple times that if anyone had to drop to 3rd, he would have been the better choice, but it still sucks for his fans.

Anyway, Mila is in the top 100. Now you have no excuses IS. Make her Mythic.

And Naga too.

Here to say that Takumi getting kocked out of the top 10 is an injustice and only because Intsys doesn't have a clue how to to handle releasing alts of specific characters.

If anyone comes at me saying he is actually less popular now, I will laugh in their face.

Yes I am very salty over a specific tomato obsessed someone.

The biggest crime of these results is that Julia only went from 146 to 142.

Oh well, unless Eirika manages to push herself to the top 2 next year I won't vote for anyone but Julia next year since the only other character I really like and that had a chance managed to get in (Miccy).

I still think it's crazy that Camilla got a win since she already has the most alts of any character but whatever, we won't have to deal with her next time and I'm glad that a character that actually deserves a lot more attention from the fanbase managed to beat her and take the number one spot.

Really glad for Micaiah.

Surprised that Eliwoord took over on the male side. I guess FE7 still has a lot of power going for it.

Edited by Hekselka

27 minutes ago, Florete said:

I agree. Lif could also end up being a Mythic hero instead since he's described as the guy who invented AR, after all.

Welp, R.I.P. Marth. He's gotta get in next year. If he doesn't then I'm pretty sure a cruel joke is being played by everyone on him. Regardless, Alm getting first was expected. Hoping for him to be either a lance unit, or a green bow. Eliwood is, meh. Not a big fan of him tbh. He's a fine enough lord, but Hector is just way better than him in every conceivable manner. I think he should either be a lance unit, or maybe a colorless dagger unit. Miccy is someone I feel I should've expected, but didn't. First is neat. She's alright. I kinda want her to wield a sword. If CYL is her using the Ragnell, I'd find that hilarious. Sure, it makes no sense, but it'd also be funny. Camilla, it's Camilla. Whatever good will I had towards her is gone and replaced with a general apathy. She merely exists. Make her what you want IS, enjoy it, for this is probably the last Camilla alt you can get away with.

In other news, Felicia is still kicking around at 46, just give me an alt of her IS, come on. Meg got 370th, which I was initially mad about, because I hate Meg, but then I saw she got exactly 420 votes, said "Nice", and let it happen. Unfortunately, no one got 69 votes. Macellan was one short. Shenanigans with a certain Youtuber allowed Louise to get up to 23rd place, which I personally think is well deserved. And last but not least, Bloom (the last year least voted person) has gained 292 places, with an extra 60 votes. So that's fun.

Well, that sucks for me. Eliwood winning is going to make it harder for me to not want to pick him as my freebie. Still going to pick whoever is the agreed upon F2P unit as much as it will pain me.

Alm as an archer or as a lance unit based on Rudolf or Mycen. He can't ride horses in-game, but bow knight or lance cavalry Alm could work. I'd laugh if they give Alm a version of Royal Sword or Falchion instead. Cue Gaiden Alm as a sword armor with a version of Falchion that is the first Distant Counter weapon with another effect.

Elbert and Eleanora come to mind for Eliwood. I personally lean towards Eleanora even though it might not make sense at all since Eliwood wasn't shown being capable of using magic as far as I know or remember. Being based on his mother gives him more room to stand out unlike with his father where he'd likely end up as a lance cavalry which Binding Blade Eliwood might as well be instead. Granted, Brave Eliwood could have a different weapon, probably Rex Hasta, than Binding Blade Eliwood, but I feel like there's enough lance cavalry to go around in general unlike what could happen with him being based on his mother. Eleanora is a bishop in Blazing Blade, so tomes and staves, and according to Eliwood and Ninian's B support conversation, she is capable of dancing. That last part doesn't mean Brave Eliwood has a claim to being a dancer if he were based on Eleanora, but imagine that chance of that. Brave Eliwood could be a mage, healer, or dancer of some sort. The only issue here is that he'd be infantry-locked unless they decide Brave Eliwood should still be a cavalry, be an armor, or even a flier. And cue Eliwood being based on Hector and having Wolf Beil instead.

Camilla's a tough one when her other alts have covered tomes, the other weapon she can use as a Malig Knight, swords, and daggers. They're all fliers fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you view it, so Brave Camilla being a non-flier would unique compared to her other selves. That is to say, a dark mage (infantry) or dark knight (cavalry) Camilla could stand out. Lances would be one weapon she hasn't been introduced using that she could if you reclassed her as a Wyvern Lord in Fates, but I don't know if there's any lances in Fates that would be associated with Nohr or her.

I don't know enough about Micaiah to say anything about her. I would find it amusing if she ends up being green or colorless and still has effective damage against armors and cavalry. One more Micaiah alt after her Brave self and we could have four Micaiahs all with effective damage against armors and cavalry.

Edited by Kaden

"Marth is a lock for CYL 3", they said. "Marth doesn't need my vote because he has it in the bag", they said.

I flipping told you not to get overconfident

Oooh, it hurts. It very much hurts.

Don't get me wrong, I like every character in the top four, heck, Eliwood is going to be my free summon, so I'm not mad, I'm just...disappointed.

And now he probably has no chance if they do a CYL 4 because of Three Houses...

We knew about winner, but how the hell (pun not intended) did Lif managed get so high? He doesn't have even proper personality yet and yet he ranked higher then Best Onee-chan. That's just plainly weird.

In other hand I am pleasantly surprised how popular Leila is, given she wasn't even playable and yet got higher score then Beruka, Sanaki or Seth. It would be nice if we got her this year.