Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

In my opinion, these are perfect results. Micaiah’s great, Camilla’s fine, Alm wins as expected, and Eliwood finally did it. He’s getting what he deserves!

I can sleep happy knowing that Eliwood is getting a brave alt now. I knew he could do it!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

To add onto this: Lif will probably get skipped as we can expect the Book 3 OCs to have their own banner later. Bruno is a question mark to me - Farfetched Heroes aren't alt versions of character but the normal versions. Not sure if they have a plan in mind already for his release and will skip over him in Farfetched because of that, or if they will shrug and include him. 

They just have to say that he's a different Bruno just like they did with Loki. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Oh my Bruno and Lif will get in as farfetched heroes! followed by Selkie and Louise!

Lif will likely be on a Book 3 banner with Thrasir and Hel like with the Book 2 characters.

As for Bruno, guess that depends on what IS does with him.

27 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Here to say that Takumi getting kocked out of the top 10 is an injustice and only because Intsys doesn't have a clue how to to handle releasing alts of specific characters.

If anyone comes at me saying he is actually less popular now, I will laugh in their face.

Yes I am very salty over a specific tomato obsessed someone.

Rank 21 and 24 for Leo and Takumi respectively is honestly pretty good for both of them. I'd be annoyed if Xander ranked above Takumi though.

Haha! Bloom avoided last place. 526 baby. 67 votes. The power of coming last. And now Dannan won't even get a jump in votes next year because Frost has jumped into the last position spot. I only need Bloom to get maybe a hundred times as many votes next time for him to stand a chance of getting into the game.

Edited by Jotari

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Rank 21 and 24 for Leo and Takumi respectively is honestly pretty good for both of them. I'd be annoyed if Xander ranked above Takumi though.

Yeah, but I bet Intsys is going to take this as "Looks like they don't care about him anymore." Remember how in Warriors it was Takumi and Camilla getting costumes? We don't actually know if that was because they were the most popular of each family or because they were the most popular male and female in Fates. I wouldn't be surprised if they now choose Leo and Camilla for Fates rep in other games, leaving Hoshido without anything. 

I was really hoping Camilla wouldn't get a 7th alt, but here we are.

Aside from that, I hate Micaiah, but she's a refreshing choice, Alm winning was expected but I did not expect Eliwood to come and scoop up 2nd place from Marth like that. I actually expected Marth to be #1 and Alm to be #2. People really love their Echoes it seems. I'm glad to see the actual protagonist of FE7 to finally get some love though and share a spot among the meta with his comrades.

In other news, Anna got robbed hard. If she hadn't been split between Heroes and Fates/Awakening she would have had an easy #1/#2 spot. All in all, pretty great results barring Camilla. Micaiah will likely get her Light Priestess outfit. No clue about the other 3. Maybe Alm will be that fabled red bow unit everyone seems to want for some reason. Don't see how that could possibly be meta but would be interesting to see how they could make that desirable.

Hoping Marth and Chrom take it next year. Wouldn't mind F!Robin on the girls side but I'm sick of Eirika alts at this point. Being a brave hero with her brother would have been cool if she didn't already have 3 alts.

I'm quite miffed.  Marth gets shafted for a third time in a row.  I know I said Remember Brexit.  So, REMEMBER IT.  And I swear if he misses the next CYL. . .

Ahem. . .

Unless Alm is supergreatamazing, I'm going with Eliwood for my freebie.  My first two were Lyn and Hector, so it feels right.  I don't care how busted Micaiah is, I don't like her, and I'm really beginning to dislike Tellius, so she's not going to be my free pick, ever.  I like Camilla more than I like Micaiah, but I feel a lot more strongly about Eliwood than her.

Okay, now that I've had time to digest, let me talk about the rest:

I am really glad Micaiah made it to the top. She is one of my favourites and deserved the spotlight and love. 

Alm is my least favourite Lord after Corrin. I don't care too much about him winning though, since that's mostly due to lack of alts. I'll just ignore him and whatever he shows up as in August/September.

Camilla is getting yet another alt, which sucks. But at least she landed in second place, and won't be up next year. Let's hope this Brave alt is going to be her last.

Pretty neutral on Eliwood. I should really get around to finishing FE7 one of these days. I feel sorry for Marth, but it's nice to see this guy unite with his buddies in Brave Heaven.

I did think that I would be careful about choosing this year. And go with the unit used mostly in F2P solutions. But after these results I really really want Micaiah. Should probably hoard a few orbs for August then. 

1 hour ago, Lau said:

"Marth is a lock for CYL 3", they said. "Marth doesn't need my vote because he has it in the bag", they said.

I flipping told you not to get overconfident

Oooh, it hurts. It very much hurts.

Don't get me wrong, I like every character in the top four, heck, Eliwood is going to be my free summon, so I'm not mad, I'm just...disappointed.

And now he probably has no chance if they do a CYL 4 because of Three Houses...

I'm really sorry Lau.

If there was any reason why I voted Marth it was mostly because I wanted you get your man. At least Marth has everything else to fall back on.

Satisfied with the results, I guess. I'll pick which one I want after I see what they get. I'm pretty indifferent between Marth and Eliwood, so it doesn't really matter that much to me.

Also pretty satisfied with the positions of Ninian (61), Rinkah (65), and Ilyana (67).

It looks like the top contenders for the next Farfetched Heroes banner are Louise, Haar, and Jill as I'm under the assumption that we'll never get Bruno, that Lif and Thrasir will get a banner of their own after Book 3, and that the higher-placing beasts will also get their own banner before November. If we get another Tellius banner with Haar and Jill before November, then Rinea and Severa are next.

I'm barely disappointed in Camilla to be honest. I'm too busy being confused about Eliwood.

Like, Alm okay, I gave him a few votes myself so I clearly wanted him to. Micaiah is a good choice for 1st place. Camilla... well, clearly there's enough people fond of her to keep her in the top 10 long enough for everyone higher than her to be kicked out and let her be in the top two, even after she gets yet another sexytimes alt... but Eliwood?! I don't remember the last time anything has been said about Eliwood that was... well, even bad press is good press, as they say. He pales in comparison to Lyn and Hector and is pretty much "Roy's Dad" in my opinion.

...also this means that all 3 CYLs so far featured one Binding Blade character each.

Edited by Xenomata

Despite being one of the more controversial CYL I like almost all of the winners unlike the last 2 where I only liked Celica of the eight

I hope they don't make Alm an armored unit. It'd be cool if he'd either Mycen's armor or his own version of Berkut's one, but with a coat of blue

I'm happy to see Anna go from 6th place on the women side to third. Yeah, she could have gotten first if her votes were not all split but if nothing else she is almost guaranteed to show up on some sort of banner this year whether it's Farfetched/Brave Redux, an Awakening themed banner or maybe even an all Anna banner? considering she landed in the top 100 three times with her being in 5th, 15th and 66th.

Other than that I was surprised to see Cherche sitting in 42 place. I think that is the best she has done yet. Felicia is pretty much still in the same place she always have been so maybe some day my salmon haired girls will both get alts. Seeing Chrom bunched together with both Robins along with Female Corrin and Azura right on top of each other seemed appropriate. What disappoints me though is that Elise is now the lowest ranking Fates Royal. I wonder what happened there to cause her to get below Hinoka and Xander? At least tomatos are better than pineapples this time apparently (sorry Takumi fans).

As for the winners I am content with Alm and Eliwood. Alm is one of my favorite lords in the series and Eliwood is my favorite out of the Blazing Sword Lord trio. I'm hoping Alm is a lance cavalier dressed as Mycen or Rudolf or if they are going to mirror Brave Celica make him an infantry unit with Ragnarok Omega, Seraphim or even Mila's Bow. Just please don't make him a sword unit that most people will fodder off because they have the next level of powercreep skills. That goes for Eliwood too. I'm hearing people suggesting Eliwood be a cavalry mage unit of some sort. Don't really care about the women though, both Micaiah and Camilla are both 'eh' to me.

Regarding there being more votes in the top-cut. We're already a few years in and for some there really aren't all that many characters left that they want in the game. It's quite likely that people voted for a character they wanted to win instead of new ones into the game

Camilla did not get first place, but at least she still got in!

Awakening!Anna got third place, so that was really good. I hope the developers puts her into the game eventually.

It is also nice to see F!Robin, Eirika, Azura, Loki, Anna, and Tharja all rank so high too.

On the dudes' side, I am surprised Alm got more votes than Micaiah, as all other males of the equivalent rank in the top 10 got less votes than their female counterpart.

It is also nice to M!Robin and Reinhardt up there in the top 10 too.

2 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I still think it's crazy that Camilla got a win since she already has the most alts of any character but whatever, we won't have to deal with her next time and I'm glad that a character that actually deserves a lot more attention from the fanbase managed to beat her and take the number one spot.

I seriously don't know why people gotta be this disrespectful.

I guess this just a standard for every community out there no matter what the medium is.

5 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

I guess this just a standard for every community out there no matter what the medium is.

Do you have any actual thoughts on the results, instead of just being judgmental?  Because you're not helping.

Wow, Marth really lost by quite some margin. What just happened there...

I personally rejoice and fear a bit because of one another thing.

The five top scoring fate units not in the game are:

• 1.Selkie (22)
  • 2.Velouria (55)
  • 3.Keaton (64)
  • 4.Rinkah (65)
  • 5.Kaden (71)

I am grateful to all Rinkah voters, not only did she score better. She also has beaten Charlotte. I expect them to do a Fate Beast Banner anyway. So my recommendation is putting Rinkah on the list for Farfetched or whatever we call the banner.

Another placements worth mentioning.

The Blazing Blade

• Louise (21)
  • Ninian (61)
  • Nils (85)
  • Rath (90)
  • Pent (102)

My thoughts here would be. Please let Louise not be alone. My Idea would be... Just make Pent a TT unit and fill the banner with the Rest. I don't mind Ninian alt, because Nils would be in the banner and Eliwood gets his brave version.   

Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn

• Ranulf (26)
  • Jill (52)
  • Lethe (60)
  • Ilyana (67)
  • Caineghis (81)
  • Shinon (86)

The fans are crying for Ranulf and Jill, I'll be damned if they don't think of a banner here.

It is also worth mentioning that Greil placed 119. 

The Sacred Stones

• Selena (79)
  • Cormag (92)
  • Ross (128)
  • Gerik (141)

Difficult, just difficult. But compared to last year it looks overall better. Whoever voted for Selena may have opened the door for the other 3. Also Myrrh still placed high. Another Myrrh alt might be considered? 

Genealogy

• Larcel (110)
  • Altena (136)
  • Ced (123)

It is totally clear that characters from Genealogy who are in Heroes placed better. They might choose to go for some alts and they are set. Altena should be added anyway. Ced might have a good chance? If I missed something here tell me. I know very well that new players accept them more than some oldschool players may think. It also lies a bit in Insys for bad promotion of Genealogy.

The Shadow Dragon

• Wrys (72)
  • Naga (78)

Wrys alt anyone? Also Naga seems to be set anyway for Mythic Hero I guess.

Gaiden/Echoes

• Rinea (56)
  • Conrad (84)
  • Berkut (95)
  • Mila (99)
  • Python (100)
  • Silque (111)
  • Tatiana (169)

I looked for Tatiana here. A banner is set. Mila should be a candidate for Mythic Hero, let us have our decadent god here.
Rinea is a character I also like to see, maybe they could add her in a seasonal with Berkut. But I think as a GHB or TT unit she might also work.
Berkut alt for Rinea? Why not.
Tatianas chances? I think slim. Silque could have priority. And unless Tatiana gets carried by Zeke I don't know I will see her. More orbs for Rinkah.

No more for now. xD But I just wanted to sort myself a bit on thoughts, not only about the winners. I know CYL is taken with grain of salt. But if I look at the Nohr banner with Ophelia, Nina and Silas. They might take a look and see if they can make a banner out of it.

Edited by Stroud

15 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

I seriously don't know why people gotta be this disrespectful.

Camilla does have a lot of alts. Micaiah only has one.

From what I've heard Micaiah got a lot of undeserved criticism  thrown her way back in the day so I'm glad a lot of people voted for her meaning that most people don't feel the same way about her anymore and unlike Miccy I do think that Camilla deserves the criticism she's been getting since her release.

7 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

From what I've heard Micaiah got a lot of undeserved criticism  thrown her way back in the day

Oh boy is this ever true. I was around when RD was new and lemme tell ya, no one would have ever predicted at that time that Micaiah could win a poll like this.

I must admit I feel rather vindicated, having been a fan of hers since the beginning.