Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

6 hours ago, Yexin said:

as long as a character has a reason to be so sexualized (and loki, differently from camilla, does) and IntSys doesn't shove her ass and boobs down our throats, i'm fine with that

i also like loki a lot, so yeah

Let’s compare  two other recent FE fanservices with Camilla

-Tharja: her fanservice is hardly commented on her. Her main focus is her being a token evil teammate archetype

-Loki: while her design choice also scream fanservice at the same levels, if not more, to Camilla, the game doesn’t waste time to remind you from the start that she’s a dangerous...... whatever the hell she is. The only instance of blatant attached fanservicey character would be Forging Bonds, but other than that it reminds you constantly that she’s a serious threat 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Midnox said:

-Tharja: her fanservice is hardly commented on her. Her main focus is her being a token evil teammate archetype

and that's why i think tharja is a better character than camilla (talk about great achievements) imho

-Loki: while her design choice also scream fanservice at the same levels, if not more, to Camilla

how exactly is that loki is more fanservicey than camilla?

i mean, camilla's outfit doesn't even try to hide her ass and pubes

loki only has big breasts and only one exposed leg iirc

The only instance of blatant attached fanservicey character would be Forging Bonds,

that's why i like "enemy loki" more than "ally loki"

i think the latter completely annihilates her whole character, but that's probably just me

still, i'd like to see a brave loki

Edited by Yexin

8 hours ago, Jachkey said:

why are the annas discriminated?

marth apparently got his votes from his four different games, yet anna is separated from each of the games.

and camilla sucks

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

After reading a lot of comments on various sites, I'm starting to get kinda glad Camilla won, despite not really being a fan of her. I remember all the hate Lyn and Lyn fans got when her Valentine's variant was revealed, and then the increased hate from her Legendary; it was awful, and I know made a lot of Lyn fans genuinely feel bad and like crap for liking the character. Camilla fans have been getting that, and they don't deserve it. Congrats to them all, good on ya.

Valentine Lyn got very good reception, especially as it was her return to Wada Sachiko. Legendary Lyn was one that people hated. 

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

and that's why i think tharja is a better character than camilla (talk about great achievements) imho

that's why i like "enemy loki" more than "ally loki"

i think the latter completely annihilates her whole character, but that's probably just me

still, i'd like to see a brave loki

I still think Enemy!Loki and Ally! Loki are same Loki and she mess both with us and her "true" master. 

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

She almost shows her nipples XD. Then again, that’s the kind of character who uses sex appeal to distract you and later kill you over. Loki is rather scary, and the game doesn’t let you forget

my opinions about farfetched heroes 3 or whatever name it'll get

since we recently got laguz units with a rd banner, i expect a kitsune/wolfskin-featuring banner, with selkie, velouria and their respecvive fathers, is already in developement, and i think we'll get it somewhere around june or july

due to this feeling i have, i don't expect intsys to release another laguz banner anytime soon, and that's why i think ranulf will be in farfetched 3, along with haar, whose reason is pretty obvious

since we got 2 heroes from the same game in redux banner (owain and aversa), i don't see why we couldn't get ranulf along with haar

yeah, there's the problem of who'll be the tt/ghb reward unit, and while my heart says "haar'll be summonable while ranulf'll be a tt reward", my brain says "ranulf'll be summonable while haar'll be a ghb unit"

i think it's pretty safe to assume awakening anna and louise could be the two female characters of the banner, since they're both in top 15

i don't expect jill to come along with haar, i think she would fit a "daein's defenders" banner, with guys like zihark and tauroneo, much better

about bruno and líf, i don't see them coming in near future neither: 2 years have passed, and we still don't have a playable bruno, so probably they have their own reasons, while for líf it's just too soon, and his situation is not exactly comparable to loki's, we'll probably be getting him along with thrasir and maybe other book 3 villains, just like we got laegjarn, laevatein and helbindi together

Edited by Yexin

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Valentine Lyn got very good reception, especially as it was her return to Wada Sachiko. Legendary Lyn was one that people hated.

Eh, maybe, but I do remember some people hating it because of the Bride seasonal earlier. I've seen some saying it and the Legendary made her "ridiculous" and "overexposed" and other super stupid stuff. But anyway, yeah, congrats to the fans.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh, maybe, but I do remember some people hating it because of the Bride seasonal earlier. I've seen some saying it and the Legendary made her "ridiculous" and "overexposed" and other super stupid stuff. But anyway, yeah, congrats to the fans.

You can probably find someone somewhere complaining about virtually every character that has been included in the game thus far.

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Personally I think the Bride seasonal is the real issue. Normal/brave/legendary/seasonal is a fine lineup for a character that popular, she just didn't need two seasonals. And they were both "Lyn wears a fancy dress and does magic" except the Valentine's one did it way better.

Bride was her first alt and dazzling staff was pretty game changing around that time. She and Genny was basically first viable healers in game. 

Valentine Lyn wasn't that big deal in comparison. She had Armor March and was decent unit, but she certainly wasn't as revolutionary as her bride version. 

On 2/1/2019 at 12:07 AM, toxic1 said:

If that's your way preventing things from being escalated then I'll stop.

I just don't like it when people give beef to people who just want like a character, especially when it's popularity contest.

Not that anyone cares even care my opinion about this poll anyways

Look to yourself, before you point at others.  The best way to do that is to actually respond to the topic, even if you're not happy with the results.  There's ways of expressing yourself without putting others down.

I'm not sure why the Annas would be grouped together. Anna from Awakening for example is vastly different from Anna from FEH. Not to mention they are technically different characters. You'd have a better time arguing that they group Zelgius and the Black Knight together tbh. Considering they actually are the same person/character.

With all the negativity there is to Camilla it should be noted that both Alm and Micaiah had more votes than her and Eliwood almost as much. It's not surprising in the slightest she made it this far. I don't care that she did well in CYL. I just don't like how many alts she has.

I feel bad for Marth, even though I admittedly laughed pretty hard. Ironic and happy laugh, because I wanted Eliwood to win so desperately. He really deserved it last year, but he at least did get that sick Legendary Hero.

Predictions for outfits:

Alm: Rudolf's armor w/lance. I mean, I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. The male CYL heroes have always worn their father's clothing thus far, I don't see why it'd change now. Armored or cavalry unit.

Eliwood: Elbert's clothing w/sword. Same reasoning as above. Unsure what sword or weapon he would wield. Possible he could wield a tome? Cavalry unit perhaps.

Micaiah: Sephiran's clothing w/staff or tome. I see this as possible since he's her only relation (not in her generation) seen in the series. Even though he's a male, the clothing is close enough that it could work. Infantry unit. I considered Lehran's outfit at first and making her laguz unit, but I doubt that'd happen.

Camilla: Garon's clothing w/axe. Again, I realize this is male clothing but it could be fit to be more female like. Doubt they'd release Camilla without her cleavage showing. Infantry or flying unit.

With the exception of Lucina, Camilla is the only CYL female yet whose parent is actually seen in their game. Lucina's outfit didn't really look like her father's and was more resemblance to her Great Lord outfit. However, I do think there's a strong possibility she will have Garon's outfit. But I think for both Micaiah and Camilla it'll be a bit more up in the air with what they will wear. I definitely think Alm and Eliwood will wear their father's outfits though, I'm not really considering anything tbh.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:50 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

I voted for him if it means anything.

Means a lot! 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:56 PM, ILikeKirbys said:

Re: The Bolded: I don't think this is necessarily the case. Farfetched Heroes banners in the past have been 2 male and 2 female units, so unless Lif gets onto Farfetched Heroes 3 (which I feel would be farfetched, since he's most likely being saved for an End Of Book III banner that he can share with Thrasir and either Hel or an introduced-mid-Book-III OC), Ranulf's got the last spot since there's only one other guy above him that could qualify for Farfetched Heroes (Bruno).

However, I too am happy that Ranulf placed highly, considering that I wanted him to do well.

I did forget about the even male/female split for the banner, but I'm still a little skeptical. They did release Loki last year outside of the Book II banners and despite being a recurring villain, so it's possible that both are instead thrown onto a Farfetched Heroes banner instead of Ranulf. Still, I will concede that it is one lone example so it all depends on what IS has in mind for the banners come this fall. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:56 PM, ILikeKirbys said:

If Duma is any indication of what to expect for Mythic Heroes, then Medeus is gonna show up as a Mythic Hero at some point in the future, so you shouldn't have to worry about him not popping up by 2020.

He's definitely a strong candidate for it, but I'm hesitant to rely on it since there are other characters that can easily take those spots. Plus, Archanea hasn't gotten any banners since Fall 2017 and Gharnef and Hardin have been the lone additions since then, so there's always that possibility that he gets overlooked. 

3 hours ago, Medeus said:

He's definitely a strong candidate for it, but I'm hesitant to rely on it since there are other characters that can easily take those spots. Plus, Archanea hasn't gotten any banners since Fall 2017 and Gharnef and Hardin have been the lone additions since then, so there's always that possibility that he gets overlooked. 

Or you could look at it this way: that Gharnef and Hardin were the only two Archenean characters released and they happen to be 2 of the top 3 villains, leaving only Medeus, making him quite likely to follow the trend. May get overlooked a while but I feel this pretty much guarantees his eventual release. He's a dark dragon and that's just too fitting one of the elements. 

Corrupted Hardin totally could have been a Mythic hero as well. Perhaps even Gharnef. Both were basically literally invincible forces stalking you for a part of the game. 

Edited by Vince777

6 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

You'd have a better time arguing that they group Zelgius and the Black Knight together tbh. Considering they actually are the same person/character.

SD hardin and NM hardin are the same person as well, but they act very differently, thus the separation

the same goes for bk and zelgius: the former is greil's murderer and his son's nemesis, while the latter is one of begnion's greatest generals

they're indeed the same person, but they act so differently that they couldn't but separate their votes

7 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Alm: Rudolf's armor w/lance. I mean, I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. The male CYL heroes have always worn their father's clothing thus far, I don't see why it'd change now. Armored or cavalry unit.

I agree that Rudolf is the most likely route, but note that there's one exception. Hector is themed around his brother, not his father.

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Or you could look at it this way: that Gharnef and Hardin were the only two Archenean characters released and they happen to be 2 of the top 3 villains, leaving only Medeus, making him quite likely to follow the trend. May get overlooked a while but I feel this pretty much guarantees his eventual release. He's a dark dragon and that's just too fitting one of the elements. 

Corrupted Hardin totally could have been a Mythic hero as well. Perhaps even Gharnef. Both were basically literally invincible forces stalking you for a part of the game. 

The trend also sends a message of "Archanea has most of its significant playable characters already and therefore is low priority for a full banner, but it has some noteworthy villains people want, so they get released as one-offs". So it makes sense for that to continue with Medeus as a mythic.

(As for mythic Hardin/Gharnef, I don't think that's enough for mythic status. FE has had a fair number of characters like that: Black Knight, Julius, Surtr, etc.)

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

I agree that Rudolf is the most likely route, but note that there's one exception. Hector is themed around his brother, not his father.

Checking his lore... it mentioned that his parents died of a disease and that's about it. We don't know them at all. I don't think they even have a name...

Compare this to Ike (Greil), Roy (Eliwood), Ephraim (Fado), and now Eliwood (Elbert), and also the fact that besides his classic Gaiden appearance (like Celica), the only other person Alm could possibly borrow the armor of is Mycen, who actually cared for him. Everyones parents are pretty important, and then Hectors parents... they practically don't exist when compared to Uther.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Checking his lore... it mentioned that his parents died of a disease and that's about it. We don't know them at all. I don't think they even have a name...

Compare this to Ike (Greil), Roy (Eliwood), Ephraim (Fado), and now Eliwood (Elbert), and also the fact that besides his classic Gaiden appearance (like Celica), the only other person Alm could possibly borrow the armor of is Mycen, who actually cared for him. Everyones parents are pretty important, and then Hectors parents... they practically don't exist when compared to Uther.

Alm also has a sibling. Stick Alm in Young Celica's little dress! She stole his sword, he can steal her clothes.

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Gharnef could still get in as a mythic if they use his ghost form from Mystery of the Emblem. I'd love to see them try to actually use Imhullu's invincibility in some way instead of the odd area of attack that knocks out counter attacks (though given how long it took Gharnef to get into the game in the first place and his status under Medeus, I doubt it's actually going to happen, still Ghost Gharnef is possible).

Edited by Jotari

18 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Predictions for outfits:

Eliwood: Elbert's clothing w/sword. Same reasoning as above. Unsure what sword or weapon he would wield. Possible he could wield a tome? Cavalry unit perhaps.

Alm had no real ties with Rudolf (aside DNA) so...I’d say B!Alm should get Mycen’s armor instead since that’s the one who actually raised Alm. Maybe adding the Emperor’s Lance to reference Rudolf so he can have both parental figures represented. 

Eliwood can go and wear Elbert’s clothes and “steal” the Apocalypse tome from FE6. His mother is a Bishop with Dark affinity so it’s a way to reference her as well. 

Camilla with axe, Camilla with axe...armor...no. She’ll most likely be a flying unit to keep the trend of all her other variants and probably get Siegfried, Brynhildr, a staff to reference Elise or...an entirely made-up weapon like Brave Lucina did. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Gharnef could still get in as a mythic if they use his ghost form from Mystery of the Emblem. I'd love to see them try to actually use Imhullu's invincibility in some way instead of the odd area of attack that knocks out counter attacks (though given how long it took Gharnef to get into the game in the first place and his status under Medeus, I doubt it's actually going to happen, still Ghost Gharnef is possible).

I think Gharnef is a bit too low on the villain totem pole to be a mythic hero. Even when ignoring Medeus Gharnef still doesn't seem very ''mythic''. For all his tricks Gharnef has never really been portrayed as godlike even with Imhullu. 

I also suspect most Mythics will be brand new characters to keep them as very special additions. 

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Alm had no real ties with Rudolf (aside DNA) so...I’d say B!Alm should get Mycen’s armor instead since that’s the one who actually raised Alm. Maybe adding the Emperor’s Lance to reference Rudolf so he can have both parental figures represented. 

Eliwood can go and wear Elbert’s clothes and “steal” the Apocalypse tome from FE6. His mother is a Bishop with Dark affinity so it’s a way to reference her as well. 

Camilla with axe, Camilla with axe...armor...no. She’ll most likely be a flying unit to keep the trend of all her other variants and probably get Siegfried, Brynhildr, a staff to reference Elise or...an entirely made-up weapon like Brave Lucina did. 

Before Rudolf's death, Alm didn't have ties with him, but he began learning more about him afterward, and Alm was specifically set up to take on his legacy. I think Alm in Rudolf's armor could make plenty of sense, and give him stuff to say about both him and Mycen.

I think affinities are pretty sketchy ground to reference, especially ones that aren't even viewable without hacking in the first place.

There's no law saying Camilla can't have a non-flying version. Variety is nice.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Gharnef is a bit too low on the villain totem pole to be a mythic hero. Even when ignoring Medeus Gharnef still doesn't seem very ''mythic''. For all his tricks Gharnef has never really been portrayed as godlike even with Imhullu. 

I also suspect most Mythics will be brand new characters to keep them as very special additions. 

Heroes, not using every excuse they can to gives use Alts? Ha! We can only hope.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Before Rudolf's death, Alm didn't have ties with him, but he began learning more about him afterward, and Alm was specifically set up to take on his legacy. I think Alm in Rudolf's armor could make plenty of sense, and give him stuff to say about both him and Mycen.

I think affinities are pretty sketchy ground to reference, especially ones that aren't even viewable without hacking in the first place.

There's no law saying Camilla can't have a non-flying version. Variety is nice.

I’d prefer Mycen’s armor. Maybe the Gaiden version of the armor so those “dong armor” enthusiasts are satisfied. 

@affinities without hacking: Eirika getting Gleipnir was even more sketchy and that got through so it doesn’t really matter. 

@B!Camilla: Tell that to Hector. I never said that it was a law or that it had to be. Just that it’s more likely that she’ll be a flying unit. She was much closer to Corrin and her half siblings than she ever was over Garon.