Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

Spoiler

It's not like I expected Eirika to win this time but it surprises me that Anna didn't either. Oh well, hopefully she'll win in CYL5 because it's certain CYL4 is going to be Three Houses fest if it releases this year

I'll take a free Alm or Micaiah (depends on how far into RD she is) unless Camilla/Eliwood ends up as the next f2p goddess/god, not that I care about such things when I have enough 5* units to cover everything but those tend to be on the OP side of the spectrum.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

While I'm usually someone who tends to be wary of leaks, the chance of these ones to be false are really slim. I went to check the CSS of page and looked up the url for the pictures and it indeed looks like the Alm and Micaiah are the winners with Eliwood and Camilla coming second.

I'm really shocked that Camilla actually dropped in standing. I was actually afraid that Micaiah might lose her place to Robin since she's not from a recent FE game, but she somehow managed to beat instead Camilla. So when are we getting the 6th Micaiah alts IS?

On the Man's side, I'm happy for Alm and Eliwood, since they were both a bit wanting in more representation and they'll be able to join the other lords of their games as Brave heroes. It is a shame that Marth failed to get in the top 2 yet again, but at least we have his legendary version, which is close enough to a Brave version in my book.

Considering I decided to go all out for Micaiah this year instead of just choosing a different unit each day, I'm quite happy with those results. Never really saved orbs for CYL, but I'll definitely be saving all the orbs we get until the CYL banner comes around this year to see how many copies of Micaiah I can pull. 

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well...the “leak” was taken from the source code of the official webpage so it’s pretty much legit.

Hide contents

Nice to see that the Eliwood surge was very real. Camilla being pushed my Micaiah was rather unexpected but it’s good to see that Micaiah wasn’t pushed to 3rd place due to the agressive pushing F!Robin got. 

Marth can still win next year’s CYL just by being Marth. His biggest competition would be Dimitri and Claude, followed by Chrom and M!Robin. 

Unless Dimitri has a good personality or something, I have hard time believing most people get past the design

41 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am probably one of the few people who is more interested in who is in the top 50 of each gender over who won, since it will give me an idea of which of my favs have a shot at actually getting into Heroes in the next year.  

I've been more interested in the lower results too.

11 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's not like I expected Eirika to win this time but it surprises me that Anna didn't either. Oh well, hopefully she'll win in CYL5 because it's certain CYL4 is going to be Three Houses fest if it releases this year

I'll take a free Alm or Micaiah (depends on how far into RD she is) unless Camilla/Eliwood ends up as the next f2p goddess/god, not that I care about such things when I have enough 5* units to cover everything but those tend to be on the OP side of the spectrum.

Spoiler

When you mean "Depending on how far in RD she is", do you mean when you first get Micaiah in RD? Or which of her classes her CYL version will be based?

People keep saying Three Houses will dominate CYL4. I'm really not so sure.

Despite being the most recent game at the time, Fates didn't take any CYL1 slots. Or CYL2, for that matter. Only one Echoes character took a CYL2 slot.

I think at least one fan-favorite character from 3H is a shoo-in, but depending on what old characters get alts this year I still imagine some of the top contenders from CYL3 will take the rest. If Anna remains ignored somehow, I fully expect her to be a winner...although we could get an Anna in 3H and have that Anna win, and then she'd be a 3H winner anyway.

The real thing that will help 3H get in won't be so much its recency but the fact that the 6 most popular characters of each gender will be out of the running.

Edited by Florete

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

Despite being the most recent game at the time, Fates didn't take any CYL1 slots. Or CYL2, for that matter. Only one Echoes character took a CYL2 slot.

I think at least one fan-favorite character from 3H is a shoo-in, but depending on what old characters get alts this year I still imagine some of the top contenders from CYL3 will take the rest. If Anna remains ignored somehow, I fully expect her to be a winner...although we could get an Anna in 3H and have that Anna win, and then she'd be a 3H winner anyway.

The real thing that will help 3H get in won't be so much its recency but the fact that the 6 most popular characters of each gender will be out of the running.

Well, Fates DID have to contend with Ike and Roy who are well loved by FE players and Smash fans, as well as Awakening which was also recent and popular and that gave CYL1 Lucina. But Heroes did get one of its own characters in Veronica for CYL2 and Heroes is one of the most recent FE games as well.

I do think one or two Three Houses characters have a high chance of winning CYL4.

Edited by Anacybele

Fates was a year old (in English; older still in Japanese) when FEH came out. Echoes is a remake. There's reason to believe Three Houses will have a stronger immediate impact than either's first CYL appearance as a result.

That said I fully agree with you that I don't expect it to "dominate"; as I've said earlier in this thread, if it gets more than two out of the four slots I'll be quite surprised.

3 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Just pray that your favorite isn't the red unit. 

If that ends up being the case, just use your free pull on the Red CYL Hero to ensure you get your favorite.

As for that new leak,

Spoiler

I'm okay with the Eliwood upset, but then I would've been happy with any combination of Alm, Marth, Eliwood, Chrom and Robin on the men's side.

Pleasantly surprised by Micaiah supplanting Camilla in first, makes me feel better about only voting Ranulf six times instead of the seven I originally planned. Would've been fine with Robin getting in there somewhere too, but this is alright with me.

Curious as to what they'll end up getting, now. And who they'll base Eliwood's on (Ninian? Fiora? Elbert? Roy?).

Can't wait for the full CYL3 results now.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

I think it will depend on close to the CYL 4 votes 3H's release date will be and how good its story is. If it comes out months before and its story is Conquest-level, we might see one character in the top 4 since the hype around the release will have died down. But if the story and characters are interesting and/or it releases close to the votes, it might have enough hype to get several of the top spots. 

It also depends on how popular the game is and by extent, how much Nintendo advertise it. Echoes just dropped out of nowhere, which might be why it didn't have as strong a showing in CYL. At the moment, we know absolutely nothing about 3H other than the reveal trailer. I really hope we'll get an update soon and more attention from Nintendo during the year if it does come before 2020 rolls around. 

Three Houses might have a better shot at getting CYL wins, just because the most popular characters who won previous years get taken out of the voting pool, so there will be less competition.

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Curious as to what they'll end up getting, now. And who they'll base Eliwood's on (Ninian? Fiora? Elbert? Roy?).

Normally, I don't ship Ninian and Eliwood, mostly because Ninian exists for Eliwood. But the idea of Eliwood in a mermaid gown, perhaps with Ninis's Grace as a weapon, I like the picture. We've not gotten a male in dancer's garb since Inigo. Fiora's attire works too, if a little too short maybe. Or they can cater to me and put him in Lyn's usual clothes.

Or he can carry the dagger Elbert with the last of his strength stabbed Nergal with, forcing him to abandon his dragon summoning plans for a quite a few chapters thereafter.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm okay with the Eliwood upset, but then I would've been happy with any combination of Alm, Marth, Eliwood, Chrom and Robin on the men's side.

Pleasantly surprised by Micaiah supplanting Camilla in first, makes me feel better about only voting Ranulf six times instead of the seven I originally planned. Would've been fine with Robin getting in there somewhere too, but this is alright with me.

Can't wait for the full CYL3 results now.

Spoiler

Probably Elbert since Roy’s outfit would look terrible with Eliwood’s longer frame. 

24 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Hide contents

When you mean "Depending on how far in RD she is", do you mean when you first get Micaiah in RD? Or which of her classes her CYL version will be based?

Spoiler

Depends on how far she is in RD's story. I'm not a big fan of Micaiah's behavior on part 3 so I'd prefer if her CYL variant had 0 lines about that part of the game. I'm not a fan of her 3rd tier class but that doesn't worry me because Brave units will always reference something else.

Thinking about it, it wouldn't be surprised to see  B!Micaiah in Sanaki's clothing.

Looooool what the fuck is up with leaks

I had absolutely no expectations, and I'm not sure whether I should be happy that Eliwood snuck into top 2 or sad that Marth got fucked over again. Micaiah being first is cool. Really hope to find out where Tormod and Rath ended up.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

Depends on how far she is in RD's story. I'm not a big fan of Micaiah's behavior on part 3 so I'd prefer if her CYL variant had 0 lines about that part of the game. I'm not a fan of her 3rd tier class but that doesn't worry me because Brave units will always reference something else.

Thinking about it, it wouldn't be surprised to see  B!Micaiah in Sanaki's clothing.

Spoiler

Looking back at the previous CYL units, they mostly make references to them being chosen by thousands of people and to the person that influenced their outfit. So chances are we'll get a Sanaki inspired,a Sothe inspired or a Sephiran inspired outfit or a Black Knight inspired outfit for her  instead of her 2nd or 3rd promotion outfit. 

Regarding the leak

Spoiler

If it's true, I'll be ecstatic that Micaiah held on, but bummed about Marth falling to third. The poor guy really should've gotten a win by now.

And as for CYL4, I don't think Three Houses would dominate too much. I'm sure the main characters will, but fans will definitely keep rallying behind old favourites too, so minor characters will probably place high overall but not dominate the top 20.

Really hoping we get a confirmation on the results soon.

Spoiler

If this true, then for starters, I'm really glad Alm won. It's about fucking time my favorite lord got an alt.

I do feel bad for Marth fans tho. I would've been fine with either him or Eliwood winning 2nd, but the fact that even with his votes merged he STILL got screwed over by the midterms results just really hurts. I really do hope he wins next year.

Micaiah I'm fine with winning the female side, but Camilla...ugh. I seriously hope after Brave Camilla we never get another Camilla alt again.

Whatever, I'm just glad Alm is finally gonna get an alt

Glad it was a comprehensive victory by Eliwood over Marth instead of a narrow one, such that it surely couldn't be seen as being controversial by most reasonable folk.

In the other bracket, Anna coming in third makes me feel better about Camilla getting in. Sure, it's not ideal, but knowing the alternative is a novelty character makes it more palatable.

Oof, Leo pushed Takumi out of top 10.

I blame Leo not getting any alts since the first year of this game than people suddenly liking him better than Takumi.

EDIT: Rath broke into top 100! Sure, he's 90, but that's still good in my book.

Edited by Sunwoo