Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Anna got screwed over by split voting this time. Sure was a lot of vote stuffing this time around the winners last time had a combined total of 135,062. Compared to this year's 207,987. Severa and Laevatain 57th and 58th made me laugh.

I was thinking that too, since the numbers seem too bloated to be fully legit. All the top placings are way higher than last time, when I expected they'd go down a bit more this year if anything.

I'm glad all the kicking and screaming wasn't coordinated well enough to bump Camilla into third. That big margin Micaiah has over her when she was below her at first shows just how many people jumped ship thanks to the midterms, though. Staying first would have been nice, but she still gets her CYL alt so I'm happy.

Let me compile some statistics:

Highest non-OCs not in yet from the top 100:

Spoiler

22. Selkie

23. Louise

26. Ranulf

52. Jill

54. Panne

55. Velouria

56. Rinea

58. Severa

60. Lethe

64. Keaton

65. Rinkah

66. Anna of Fates

67. Ilyana

71. Kaden

74. Charlotte

77. Lilith

78. Naga (how is she below Lilith?)

81. Caineghis (good to see the old man doing so well)

83. Idunn

84. Conrad

85. Nils

86. Shinon

90. Rath

92. Cormag

94. Nah

99. Mila

100. Python

In summary: Tellius is doing good, SoV too, and Fates. But the main lesson?

Beastie Game

We all know it's what we want

Held fast in a breath help until

I turn blue

I really want to play in another

Beastie Game

The moment fades away

I think I'll create a topic to dissect the whole of CYL3.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I personally like Takumi better.

At least Tharasir wasn't nearly as high for women?

I know you do, so that's why I had it struck through. It was just a stupid, per my standards joke.

And yeah I guess, though you'd think she'd be the more popular choice instead.

Did a quick ctrl-F of the top 200, by cast:

• Fates - 39
  • Awakening - 30
  • Radiant Dawn (includes all PoR characters) - 27
  • Heroes - 20
  • New Mystery (includes Shadow Dragon) - 18
  • Echoes - 17
  • Genealogy - 15
  • Sacred Stones - 15
  • Blazing Blade - 14
  • Binding Blade - 6
  • Thracia - 5

This overcounts slightly because of FE4/FE5 overlap and Whitewings overlap I believe, too lazy to check all the details. Also, the results really highlight why some games hardly ever get banners and some games get a lot.

11 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Also, yes! Seliph was 16 on the men's side! Maybe now he'll get a damn legendary version and not be relegated to being shit forever.

So much this, god his regular version is awful even after the refine.  Legendary will be on a horse with a new type of Tyrfing and probably be pretty awesome.

So again very disappointed that Camilla still got in there, but at least Miciah took 1st of females.  Eliwood is a very pleasant surprise I didn't know he had so many fans.  Everyone goes they love Lyn or love Hector, I haven't run into many who liked Eliwood most but maybe it is very different in Japan.  Marth got knocked out again, but Eliwood needs a good summonable version and CYL should do just that.  

Anna is definitely getting some love this year, with the high rankings....both her versions making top 10 and one is at #3.  Maybe we finally get Bruno on Far fetched heroes.  Lif is very surprising he had like one line, but I guess he's cool looking?  Rinea doing well is great hopefully she gets in soon.  Ooh Altena at #136, I think that is much higher than last year.  Seeing as the ones in top 100 from Genealogy are already in the game, she has a great chance on the next new hero banner for Genealogy whenever that is.  The strong showing from Genealogy in top 100, maybe we finally get a Judgral legendary hero....should be Seliph if there is just one.  

24 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Anna got screwed over by split voting this time. Sure was a lot of vote stuffing this time around the winners last time had a combined total of 135,062. Compared to this year's 207,987. Severa and Laevatain 57th and 58th made me laugh.

Yeah the twintailed dere duo getting so close together gave me a bit of a chuckle. Happy my fave girl got into the the top 60.

anyway oof I feel bad for marth but eliwood is pretty great. Also really glad camilla won so now the community won’t turn into a fucking salt mine for next year’s CYL. Now all’s that’s left to do is pray to naga, mila, duma, grima, or whatever god of your choosing that she doesn’t get another alt for the rest of the year.

*sigh* who am I kidding knowing IS we’re gonna get one next week aren’t we?

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I know you do, so that's why I had it struck through. It was just a stupid, per my standards joke.

And yeah I guess, though you'd think she'd be the more popular choice instead.

Considering that I find it baffling Lif is so high up, perhaps it's for the best. The women's competition is always crowded so it's possible Thrasir just didn't have enough time to make an impression like Laevatein or Loki. Also, it's possible that there are quite a few people who just want to see more male OCs so they pushed Lif up high?

I got nothing.

Soren at 9th and Micaiah won! I couldn't be HAPPIER. This may be heartless of me but I'm so happy Eliwood- aka the better Marth won! Haha. And look at Alm, I'm so proud of you Alm. This has to be my fav Cyl by far!

16 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Aside from Eliwood snatching second in the men's divisions, the results are fairly expected.  I can't say I'm that enthusiastic about any of the victors, but right now my priority is Alm if only because I never pulled his first iteration.  ...Unless they go the Celica route and give him his original Gaiden design.  Sorry, but there's a good reason he was redesigned from the ground up.

Not that I'm surprised, but it's so depressing seeing the bottom two lists being dominated by Genealogy and Thracia characters. =(  

Sad but not unexpected. It's not going to change until they finally get the nerve to remake Genealogy and bring it to the West.

They're going to be held back by being Japan-only until such a time, no matter what Heroes does.

32 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Anna is like Nurse Joy; different people that look the same. That’s why they didn’t merge the Annas. 

As for Marth, he should have no problems winning next year. Byleth, Dimitri and Claude could give him a run for his money but he should be able to secure first place. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Anna is like Nurse Joy; different people that look the same. That’s why they didn’t merge the Annas. 

As for Marth, he should have no problems winning next year. Byleth, Dimitri and Claude could give him a run for his money but he should be able to secure first place. 

The Annas in the first 5 games at least was the same person.

She and Jake even refer to Linda of Archanea in FE4.

I feel sorry for marth fans for him getting screwed out of a cyl version again but at least he has a kickass legendary, eliwood making it too two makes me very happy as does Miccy claiming first

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

The Annas in the first 5 games at least was the same person.

She and Jake even refer to Linda of Archanea in FE4.

Yeah but that was in the past. They’ve gone full Nurse Joy with them now. 

Wow, Eliwood made it!
I do still feel a bit bad for knocking out Marth, I'm going to make sure he gets one of my votes next year.

By the way,
Thanks for the list Interdimensional Observer, I was wondering about what characters we might get in a future banner.

Camilla may not deserve an alt, but her fanbase sure as hell did. Congratulation to you all, I'm sorry you guys couldn't get 1st place.

I rather have Marth win, but Alm having the most vote overall barely surprises me.

I'm more surprise that the best lord in the series actually got 2nd place, way to go Eliwood. Granted it took 2 of your fellow lord & your son to finally get that chance but stiil he won 2nd place.

Well since I don't care about the winners I will look at the other rankings.  Looks like if we don't get Bruno before far fetched he will be on that so that makes me happy.  Cormag is in the top 100 so hopefully he will be on the next SS banner.  I sadly cry in the corner seeing that Elphin only got rank 471 which means he is probably never getting in unless he is somehow on the March banner.