Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

22 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I'm glad Zelgius managed to hold on to 20th place, hopefully next time they will combine his votes.

I thought they did combine his votes from both games? If you're talking about a certain armored guy, that wouldn't work. I used nearly all of my votes for the him this time, but if they had combined him with Zelgius, I would have voted for someone else. I wouldn't mind a Zelgius in Begnion armor though, but I assume we'll get that eventually even without a brave version. :):

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, how about Micaiah with a colourless Galdr of Release magic attack that summons Yune or something. 

26 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I just noticed: all four losers (CYL2 had a tie) are from different games. We have Thracia 776, Gaiden, Genealogy and BS/New Mystery representatives in Glade, Garth, Bloom and Frost, respectively.

...Who's next?

They should really release the bottom four on a banner. Would be fun.

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

lmao if they atually do it

i don't understand all this recent anna love

i mean sure, she's the series' mascot, but... what else is she except this?

i personally never liked anna that much even though her recurrence was quite funny, but since awakening she's become a greedy ass merchant, basically an 200% extreme version of past annas, and i don't like this

Yeah I feel the same ever since she was made into a bunch of greedy sisters instead of one quirky shopkeeper/helper.

However, I'd be ok with an all Anna banner. It could have Awakening Anna with a Levin Sword, Fates Anna with the Shining Bow, original Anna with coin toss or something, and Tellius Anna as a Pegasus Knight.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

I vote for an alternate version of Apocalypse.  Because why not.

But Celica already has a tome named after an event regarding the world being ravaged, isn't that an alternate version already? :P

In any case, I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Alm and Micaiah get more time in the sun, and Eliwood winning out of nowhere is a surprise! Shame Marth's out again, but eh, can't use the vote split excuse this time.

what if alm functions as a beast unit where he has a pet cat and sics said cat on his enemies similar to grima summoning his dragon head

1 hour ago, Zelgius said:

I'm glad Zelgius managed to hold on to 20th place, hopefully next time they will combine his votes.

Looking forward to seeing what the Micaiah and Camilla units will be like.

I don’t think so, but it’ll be kick ass if either of his version makes it. He’s one of my all time favorite characters

31 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Ok, how about Micaiah with a colourless Galdr of Release magic attack that summons Yune or something. 

that would be too amazing

which means we won't get anything like that

Lif, Thrasir, and Selkie are definitely already planned to be on their own banners rather than Farfetched Heroes. Probably Ranulf, too. I'm less sure about Haar and Jill, and I have no idea what they're going to do with Bruno. Anna and Louise seem like safe bets for Farfetched.

My guess is that Ranulf, Jill, and Lethe will be on an FE9 banner sometime before CYL3, while Haar joins Anna and Louise. The other guy could be Bruno if they go that route, or... huh. Keaton and Kaden also seem likely to be set for normal Fates banners (either one with all four of the beasts or two with a Hoshido/Nohr split), but if we exclude them, Ranulf, and the two OCs, that means the next guy on the list is Caineghis, all the way down at #81. That seems like a stretch, but who knows. If it comes down to that, they might just break gender balance and make it an Anna/Louise/Haar banner with someone like Rinea as the free unit.

The Fates beasts in general seem to have dipped somewhat. It seems like now that beasts are in the game at all, there's less pressure, and an expectation that they're on the way anyway. Which is probably true. I wouldn't be surprised if we get at at least the Hoshido ones this month.

As for the finalists, I'm surprised by how much Eliwood won by. Marth losing is a shame, but next year should be easier, as the pool of conventional lords keeps getting thinner. Three Houses will add more, but one game can only get so many votes, and Edelgard seems like its strongest candidate. The male lords will be competing with each other, and may also take some votes from Marth's closest competition (Chrom and Robin) due to also being from the recent era. (The pool of conventional lords thinning also helps Edelgard, since Eirika is currently the only female non-avatar lord left.) Also, now that we have full sets of Elibe, Tellius, and Valencia lords, it cuts down on how concentrated the "voters jump from a finalist to another lord from their game" effect can be. Camilla's voters may be more concentrated, but probably not in favor of anyone in Marth's division.

Whatever they do with the alts for the winners, Alm is at the top of my list right now. He's my favorite of the four, and the only lord I don't currently have any version of.

Edited by Othin

I could see next year being between Edelgard, Anna, Robin, and Eirika on the women's side, and Marth, Chrom, Robin, and Claude (he seems to have gotten the most positive reaction so far) on the men's side. I wonder what they'd do if both Robins won.

Of course, if there's characters that end up being really broken/memey/waifu bait in Three Houses they could be contenders as well.

I'm super happy Alm won and is finally gonna get an alt, although I really do feel sorry for Marth fans, cuz even with his votes merged he STILL got screwed over by the midterm results. Here's to hoping he wins CYL4 next year

Anyway my predictions for this year's Farfetched Heroes banner are Haar, Selkie, and Awakening!Anna, with Bruno as a GHB

I also checked out Tine's position and I'm glad to see that she went from 396 from to 279. Still not one of the top 5 most wanted FE4 characters but it's nice to see her rise through the ranks. Also happy to see that Jill raised a lot thanks to her votes being tallied.

8 hours ago, Florete said:

Oh boy is this ever true. I was around when RD was new and lemme tell ya, no one would have ever predicted at that time that Micaiah could win a poll like this.

I must admit I feel rather vindicated, having been a fan of hers since the beginning.

Yeah, I've heard about it. I wasn't a part of the FE Fandom yet back then, I only played RD 2 years ago after buying it for way too much but it always surprised me when I read how much hate she used to get since I quite like her and think she's one of the better female lords.

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

Interesting that Anna, who lost due to split votes the same way Marth did in CYL2, isn't featured on the podium like he was(not that it ultimately meant much, but Marth did get an alt and a legendary in 2018). I suppose that yes, all these Annas are different persons - most likely anyway - but when it comes to the fanbase, they all treat her as the same being, and they all share the same character. So those are some strange double standards by IS.

I think you answered your own question here; the Annas are different people, whereas Marth is the same person. And I can't speak for the fanbase as a whole, but I certainly view the Annas separately myself; I like Awakening Anna a lot; she's a witty, greedy, sword-wielding merchant full of James Bond-like one-liners. None of the others do anything for me.

On the other hand Zelgius and the Black Knight are also the same person, so if I were in charge I'd certainly combine them, but I guess they figure different names = don't combine. That or they care about spoilers even though that ship surely sailed when they put helmetless Zelgius in his black armour.

Alm needed that win. It shows IS that its alright to give him one alt. Just one.  I did not expect Micaiah to beat out Camilla, but i'm not complaining there either.

I like Eliwood. He might actually be my favourite of the fe7 lords. So I certainly like him getting a legendary alt. On the other hand I do wish Marth had gotten that silver medal.

35 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I think you answered your own question here; the Annas are different people, whereas Marth is the same person. And I can't speak for the fanbase as a whole, but I certainly view the Annas separately myself; I like Awakening Anna a lot; she's a witty, greedy, sword-wielding merchant full of James Bond-like one-liners. None of the others do anything for me.

I feel like yours is a relatively uncommon preference. I rarely see anyone ever make the distinction between each of them...

Anna is a special case for sure, but whenever a new one gets announced, we do not lament/rejoice that it won't be the same... most likely because for all intents and purposes, it is the same. Though yes, those from Awakening have one-liners, and Heroes' is a bit more serious most of the time, outside of that, all of them are greedy and witty.

57 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Whoever voted Camilla and made her win...

I don't know who you are, but I will find you, and I will complain to you.

Chill out. It is one thing to criticize a character, but it is not okay to bag on her supporters.

Camilla fans deserve the same amount of acknowledgement and respect as any other Fire Emblem fan.

26 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I'm voting Leif and Seliph next year for sure.

Don't forget Sigurd. We need that Alternate Scenario where his marriage to Deirdre was acknowledged and he became Emperor instead of Alvis.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Chill out. It is one thing to criticize a character, but it is not okay to bag on her supporters.

Camilla fans deserve the same amount of acknowledgement and respect as any other Fire Emblem fan.

Except Danann fans. Screw those guys.

Edited by Jotari

Splitting Anna makes perfect sense. Her incarnations are distinct enough that it makes sense to have votes for specific ones, not just some conglomeration, and they aren't even the same person. This will probably get both a Farfetched Heroes version of Awakening Anna and a seasonal version of Heroes Anna, anyway.

Sigurd and Seliph do seem poised to finally get alts. I'm guessing a seasonal for Sigurd (Valentine's Day, maybe?) and a legendary for Seliph, at least for now. Leif might get left out in the cold again, which could lead to another spike in votes for him in CYL4. (It'd be funny if it carried him all the way to victory, Alm-style. I might even jump aboard in that case.)

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Splitting Anna makes perfect sense. Her incarnations are distinct enough that it makes sense to have votes for specific ones, not just some conglomeration, and they aren't even the same person. This will probably get both a Farfetched Heroes version of Awakening Anna and a seasonal version of Heroes Anna, anyway.

Sigurd and Seliph do seem poised to finally get alts. I'm guessing a seasonal for Sigurd (Valentine's Day, maybe?) and a legendary for Seliph, at least for now. Leif might get left out in the cold again, which could lead to another spike in votes for him in CYL4. (It'd be funny if it carried him all the way to victory, Alm-style. I might even jump aboard in that case.)

I never considered Sigurd for a valentine's day alt funnily enough. He's by far the most "romantic" character in the series, by which I mean both traditional romance and lovey dovey romance. A Sigurd Deirdre themed Valentine's Day series of alts could be one of the few seasonals I'd enjoy as an idea.

They'd have to go Master Knight Leif if he gets a serious alt. Though I'm not sure how they'd pull that off since the Master Knight's gimmick is incompatible with Heroes. If they want to be accurate to how useful he is in his own game, they'd make him a mounted Staff user. Alternatively they could go the Sais route and give him a weapon identical to Gae Bolg without actually calling it Gae Bolg.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Whoever voted Camilla and made her win...

I don't know who you are, but I will find you, and I will complain to you.

You can at least be glad that now that Camilla is ineligible for CYL4+, we won't get this exact kind of vitriol next year.

I know that I am, at least, both happy that Camilla finally won and that I won't have to deal with this steaming cesspool of shit and toxicity next year.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can at least be glad that now that Camilla is ineligible for CYL4+, we won't get this exact kind of vitriol next year.

I know that I am, at least, both happy that Camilla finally won and that I won't have to deal with this steaming cesspool of shit and toxicity next year.

Calling it now, Three Houses will have a character ten times worse than Camilla that will soak up all the spare vitriol.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Calling it now, Three Houses will have a character ten times worse than Camilla that will soak up all the spare vitriol.

Another day, another problem, but at least it won't be the same one. I feel like I've read both sides of the Camilla argument a thousand more times than necessary (once) by this point. At least it would be an argument that isn't already the burnt radioactive pile of ashes that used to be a dead horse.

Though I'm already preparing my salt collector for next year's Marth situation.

38 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I never considered Sigurd for a valentine's day alt funnily enough. He's by far the most "romantic" character in the series, by which I mean both traditional romance and lovey dovey romance. A Sigurd Deirdre themed Valentine's Day series of alts could be one of the few seasonals I'd enjoy as an idea.

That banner wouldn't be complete without Arvis.