Fire Emblem: The Tempest War (working title)

Byliyth

Hi, my name is Byliyth!

Fire Emblem: The Tempest War (working title) is a FE8 rom hack and my first attempt at rom hacking.

The game revolves around multiple conflicts in the country of Valysia and the struggle people go through to try and resolve them.

The team is small, so if you wish to help, feel free to DM me!

Plot

Spoiler

The setting is the year 781 within the continent of Valysia. You play as Russ, a young man living near the border of the country Zethus, who escaped his village with his sister as it burned down thanks to soldiers from Amphion, a nearby kingdom. After escaping to the capitol of Zethus, Russ and Holly turn into beggers, asking others for money. Zachary, a commander for Zethus' army, finds them and offers Russ a job as a soldier in exchange for food and a place to sleep for him and Holly. Meanwhile, the princess of Zethus, Belle, fights for her life as she tries to protect herself from those who know her secret...

Characters

Spoiler

Russ

When Russ’ hometown gets destroyed by soldiers from Amphion, a country south of Zethus, he barely escapes, taking his sister, Holly, with him as they fled into the capital. They lived on the streets, panhandling, since they didn’t take any money with them. Eventually, a knight from the army of Zethus, Zachary, offered to train Russ so he could join the army. He agrees since he has to take care of not only himself, but Holly as well. Russ is devoted to protecting Holly and his friends. He tries to be optimistic and charming, though when he tries flirting, it may lead to awkward moments.

Holly

Holly is a young girl you loves her brother dearly. She dislikes how Russ fights and feels bad that he needs to be a soldier in order for him to take care of them. For some reason, she can't remember her childhood...

Zachary

The youngest commander for the Zethian army, the ostensible reason Zachary fights is for his country, but in reality he fights to find his parents who left him at a orphanage as a child. He's a strong person, both physically and mentally, and likes to cook, especially for others.

Belle

Belle's mother died giving birth to her, while her father from a genetic disease. Fearful that she, too, would get this genetic disease, she was pressured into being experimented on and was given the blood of the divine dragon Nagi. Though she tries to keep it a secret from her people, rumors have begun spreading of what she really is...

Screenshots

Spoiler

screen1.png.8847f7c7eac8e48b4815dea6e74315c4.png

screen2.png.17ece5669ab53be1e8be1b2c0035a746.png

(Still WIP!)

Features

Spoiler

HP bars

Mounting/Dismounting

Skills

(Ill put credits when I get back home, on the go right now)

Edited by Byliyth

I'm afraid I can't really offer much in the way of actual assistance (I've got no romhacking/spriting/arting experience), but its always good to see more people out there working away.

The story and characters seem interesting enough, to the extent they're provided so far. Simple, but classic. I hope you'll be able to do good things with them. The screenshots, well, they look like FE screenshots. Not really much else to say about them, other than I'm always happy to see more magic Lords/MCs, and interesting to see he uses the pupil sprite (I think).

As a side note, you might want to consider listing in your first post any existing patches that you're using and other added features like that. With the HP bars on the map, I assume its not just new maps and story but also some new (to SS, not to romhacks) features, and its (probably) important to let people know both what is going in and who helped develop these additional patches. Unless you're developing all the enhancements yourself/within your team, in which case, good on you.

Best of luck with your project!

6 hours ago, alatartheblue42 said:

I'm afraid I can't really offer much in the way of actual assistance (I've got no romhacking/spriting/arting experience), but its always good to see more people out there working away.

The story and characters seem interesting enough, to the extent they're provided so far. Simple, but classic. I hope you'll be able to do good things with them. The screenshots, well, they look like FE screenshots. Not really much else to say about them, other than I'm always happy to see more magic Lords/MCs, and interesting to see he uses the pupil sprite (I think).

As a side note, you might want to consider listing in your first post any existing patches that you're using and other added features like that. With the HP bars on the map, I assume its not just new maps and story but also some new (to SS, not to romhacks) features, and its (probably) important to let people know both what is going in and who helped develop these additional patches. Unless you're developing all the enhancements yourself/within your team, in which case, good on you.

Best of luck with your project!

Ah, thank you! I’ll make sure to do that~