Do you want a post game in Three Houses?

Alistair

Do you want a post game?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Postgame: Yay or nay?

• Yay
    • Nay
  2. 2. If you do want onw, what kind of post game?

• Trial Maps. like Binding Blade and Path of Radiance
    • Creature Campaign, like the Sacred Stones
    • A dungeon, like Thabes in Shadows of Valentia

Strangely, Fire Emblem tends to have very little in post game content that's not the unlocking of new difficulty modes. The only ones to have any kind of post game content were the Trial Maps in FEs 6 and 9, the Creature Campaign in FE8 and the Thabes Labyrinth in FE15.

Personally, I like Trial Maps the best, at least conceptually.  They're meant to provide a robust challenge, which most people who have cleared an FE game should be prepared for. The Creature Campaign can be too grindy, while Thabes can get ridiculous towards the bottom floors. 

Personally, I think it's too soon for this thread. I'd actually like to know how the game plays first before deciding whether or not a postgame should be a thing.

where's the "i just want the game not to suck idc about anything else" option

btw, i'd like to see some trial maps

maybe maps that were supposed to be in the main story, but didn't manage somehow, yet made playable as an extra

that would be interesting imo

Edited by Yexin

Who wouldn't want some post game content? Voted for a dungeon 'cause I really enjoyed Thabes but it of course would have to fit the gameplay.

I'd be also up for a randomized rogue-like 100 floor tower or something in that vein. 

I like how if I want to vote no for the first question, I'm forced into voting for a postgame anyway, since OP lacked the foresight to include a no option in question two...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

This depends tbh. id prefer just a great story, world and characters if i got all that and i was guaranteed post game content then probably DLC stories of the characters. Like go into there background more or venture off on some idea that one of the characters had (Danved wanting to be a dancer or Jesse wanting to build a Mercenary Country) stuff like that. 

I wanna make sure they focus on the main parts of the game first. I really want this one to hit home. I will always love Fire Emblem but i really need a solid entry in the series. Feels like i havent had one since Radiant Dawn (As in extremely over the top perfect) Awakening and Valentia were actually good in there own ways but i want everything as a whole to be good. 

1) Yes. For what you're already paying, you simply can't get too much post-game content.

2) All of the above, plus Apotheosis-type challenges and a Map Maker with online functionality. Minimum. Obviously not going to get all of that, of course.

I don't know why I'd be particularly want less content. Beats a slew of DLC, in my opinion. I didn't like the Thabes dungeon that much actually, I'm surprised to see Creature Campaign so poorly represented. I had fun just fucking around and unlocking extra characters. Maybe that combined with Trial Maps would be cool? Or something new entirely!

Definitely! Having post-game content is always a good thing in my book. It would be nice if there were mini side-stories that flesh out some characters personalities so that we can learn about that in-depth and their way of thinking/ideals. 

On 1/25/2019 at 6:56 AM, NinjaMonkey said:

I like how if I want to vote no for the first question, I'm forced into voting for a postgame anyway, since OP lacked the foresight to include a no option in question two...

Ditto. I'm not voting until there's a "no" option for question two.

I want to say yes to a post game, but after looking at the options for the second question I've realized that if it did have a post game it wouldn't be anything I'd like to do immediately (if I get to it at all). Most of the postgame stuff that I like includes extra story bits and such that wouldn't normally be in FE. The closest thing would be Thabes Labyrinth, but it was so annoying to get through that I just didn't have much fun going through it at all.

Honestly I don't care very much about FE postgames. They don't really offer me the things I look for in Fire Emblem, that is a tightly balanced campaign where you have to balance the need to overcome current challenges with the need (or at least desire) to develop units for future ones. Usually when I finish FE, I find that I'd rather dive into a replay and experience the same excellent maps with different units and strategies (and in some cases, difficulty level) than go try some often far less well-balanced maps for my already completed party.

I'll never vote nay to having one, of course.