Our First Mythic Hero Banner Appears! Duma: God of Strength (Jan 30 ~ )

Coolmanio

...Didn't see this coming. Duma certainly looks strong, though he's an Armored Dragon so past experience with Grima and Halloween Myrrh says he's gonna be great.

Although, Upheaval looks kinda weak for a Prf skill. The structure-busting might be nice, but the 7 damage is auto-healed off by anyone who brings a Eir and/or a Healing Tower that doesn't get Upheaval'd (though I can already see all-Duma/Surtr-with-Anima-Blessing defense teams being annoying with it).

I'm probably gonna try on this, if only because it has Tiki (don't have, but want), Eirika (don't have, but want) and Lyn (have, but want a second to merge for SPD-bane-removal). Colorless would be nice too since everyone on that color is good fodder (Linde has a neat dagger that I'm sure Legault would like, Genny and Jaffar want Loki's C Duel Infantry, and Duma has DEF/RES Solo for my +RES/-ATK Winter Ephraim so he can achieve maximum lonelywall).

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, I just realized. Maybe this is how we'll get Ashera and/or Yune into the game. Although I'd hope that they're some of the later ones to be added to make them extra strong, as they are actual divinity rather than super powerful dragons.

I was expecting Yune this month, either by way of Micaiah-possession or just as her own thing. But yeah, this probably is how we're gonna get various God-tier characters like Ashera/Yune/Naga/Mila, maybe also Fomortiis and Loptyr (Loptous?), and possibly whatever the First Dragons of the Fates games were (...those were a thing, right? I honestly don't remember much of Fates's plot, so I'm not sure if I'm just making something up here or not).

Also, I get the feeling this means Idunn will be March's Mythic Hero, considering that's gonna be Binding Blade Banner Month. I'm gonna get my hopes up now so they can be crushed in two months.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this was a very pleasant surprise. Probably the best one this game's given me in some time. Not super feeling Duma, but that's a lot more due to personal preferences and him being an armored dragon, though that makes complete sense for him, than anything to do with him as a character. He looks a bit more posh that I thought he would based on his silhouette, but overall, he looks really solid. The rest of the banner is a pretty hard pass aside from Elincia since I have everyone else I want. I certainly wouldn't complain about getting Duma by any means whatsoever, but I don't think I'll be making a point to pursue him; gotta save up some orbs again (fuckin' Tibarn).

All in all, Duma alone makes this banner for me, and I'm so very happy they're actually following through with the god-like element. I do wonder how far that extends though. Like the Crusaders make plenty of sense having basically been given the powers of certain gods, but does it extend to people like Anri who just wielded the weapon instead of making a bond with the god, and what about Elibe's heroes? I do hope this is a chance for all of them to get it. Heck, maybe this'll be a chance for us to get some lore on Magvel's heroes. Again, this is so awesome! I'm actually going to like the video and send feedback.

Oof, this banner. I'd love to pull on it but I'm saving for Valentines Lyn's rerun.

Green: Lyn's here but I wouldn't turn down Elincia. Ephraim is... meh.

Red: Eirika merge will be more than welcome, especially to get rid of that Atk flaw or, better yet, get an Atk asset copy. Not really prioritizing Ike or Laegjarn though.

Blue: Kliff is tempting, if only if I do intend to build and merge Nowi in the first place. Not really caring about Tiki. Wouldn't mind Ryoma.

Colorless: Don't really care much aside from maybe Loki.

Huh, I thought he seemed familiar but I had to look him up to remember lol. Was not expecting them to do a character that wasn't in the game yet. Hmm, kinda gives a whole new possibility to what they'd release. Are they really only going to do deity like characters then? That concerns me, maybe we won't get Micaiah or Eliwood after all. Hope we do though. Besides of not really remembering this guy, he looks pretty sick and I might attempt getting him.

I dislike how many people are shrugging off saying that they don't want to pull on this banner because they don't know the character Duma. At least it's not another Camilla! This kind of shows that there are a lot of people in the community that cherish characters they already know like Fates and Awakening, which fuels the reason as to why IS keeps sending out more alts. I feel like people should be more excited to see a character on a banner even if they don't know who it is. The latter will prove my point when the trailer gets really low likes than dislikes from other fates special hero banner trailers and other trailers that pissed off the community.

16 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Because Duma's such a lame pick man. Give us someone like Naga or something.

Good grief, have patience. I'm sure Naga or somebody else of your interest will show up later down the line. Let the people who want Duma celebrate, alright?

Will be pulling for Duma with my TT orbs.  I am so glad to see some SoV love and if I get him I can have a color balanced male dragon team which makes me very happy.  I will pull blue on the circles without colorless since Tiki would be a nice pity breaker. 

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

Good grief, have patience. I'm sure Naga or somebody else of your interest will show up later down the line. Let the people who want Duma celebrate, alright?

Literally who asked for Duma, my guy? I'll wait for an answer.

2 minutes ago, Spectraman said:

I dislike how many people are shrugging off saying that they don't want to pull on this banner because they don't know the character Duma. At least it's not another Camilla! This kind of shows that there are a lot of people in the community that cherish characters they already know like Fates and Awakening, which fuels the reason as to why IS keeps sending out more alts. I feel like people should be more excited to see a character on a banner even if they don't know who it is. The latter will prove my point when the trailer gets really low likes than dislikes from other fates special hero banner trailers and other trailers that pissed off the community.

I'm also surprised by all the complaining, but the videos seem to be doing pretty well. Duma's English trailer is at 3.5k likes right now despite being up for less than an hour (with only about 130 dislikes), while after over a week, the hot springs banner has 5.4k likes and 12k dislikes. I think it'll catch up to the likes, and it's doing worlds better in terms of dislikes.

(The Japanese trailers have much lower numbers, but compare similarly.)

2 minutes ago, Decerd said:

I did, and I'm hyped.

Well, Duma was probably the last character I would've expected but W O W. He looks great and Upheaval looks both fun and disgusting. I frankly expected Dheginsea because of the Radiant Dawn banner, but it's nice to see SoV finally get more recognition. And they didn't take the easier option in Mila, surprisingly enough! He's might eventually become one of those characters we all end up hating to face in PvP, but for now, I'm really excited!

But more importantly, I'm just so happy IS is keeping their word and making Mythical Heroes actual god-like figures in the games. I always thought that this is what Legendary Heroes should've been and got really disappointed when it instead just served as a way to pump out more alts. Finally, we can see characters like Altina, Soan, and maybe even the First Exalt from Awakening in action. And I can't wait for the day Ashera or Ashunera drops. Also maybe we can see Lehran how he was before? Ooooh, I'm giddy just thinking about the possibilities!

I did not expect them to actually go for God-tier units, and especially not Duma over Mila since the latter's far more popular. Nonetheless, I'm happy that they went for it and Duma looks good, I'm looking forward to his banner.  

27 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Considering it took us two and a half years to get Gharnef, I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: Derp, 1 and a half years. I'm an imbecile.

To be fair though, we did eventually get Gharnef out of nowhere and as Duma proves they're willing to dig deep for this since he was very low on the CYL2 poll as well (369 to be exact). So he has a decent chance if IS feels he can coast on being a Dragon, which are highly valued as units, as well as being a legacy character. 

Edited by Medeus

8 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Ummm, as soon as they announced Mythics would be god-like characters, Duma was one of the characters I saw plenty of people wanting~

I just realized, I have all the units in this banner except for Duma (obviously) and the three blues. Might as well pull blue until I get a 5* since at least it would be a new one.

That was very unexpected. Some people speculated that Dheginsea would have been this month's mystic hero as a continuation of the beasts and Tellius banner, but Duma and our first non-alt Gaiden/SoV character since July 7, 2017, Alm's Army and Celica's Army? Totally unexpected. Obviously, it doesn't imply anything, but I hope we get more Gaiden/Echoes characters in February.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The later the character is implemented, the more broken they will be.

Speaking of which. The stats boost Duma gets from Fell Breath against opponent's at full health is 12 points, Atk/Res+6, and it also prevents the opponent from making a follow-up attack. Tibarn's Hawk King Claw guarantees him a follow-up attack against opponents at full health and when transformed, Tibarn's a 3 movement flier. Both weapons also give them Atk+3. In comparison, mage knight Eirika, L'Arachel, and Lloyd with refined Regal Blade only get Atk/Spd+3 against opponents at full health. Additionally, Gleipnir gives Eirika Res+3 which is sort of helpful against other mages considering Eirika's resistance isn't high, Ivaldi gives L'Arachel Def+3 which isn't that great when her base defense is 17, and Lloyd can choose between the stat refinements or the unique refinement for HP+3 and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 if he's within 2 spaces of an infantry mage.

Granted, Duma is a mystic hero and a god, so he should be pretty damn powerful, the effect only works against opponents at full health where giving him Lightning Breath or whatever might be more practical for some even though Fell Breath is essentially a 19 Mt breath, and the resistance boost would only really work against dragons or mages with Close Counter. That said, he's an armor who of course came with Bold Fighter by default, so if he's like all the other speed dump armors we've been getting, then he doesn't give a damn about his speed stat unlike Eirika, L'Arachel, and Lloyd or even Tibarn in certain situations. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the exact same stats as M!Grima.

Eirika and L'Arachel at least have a chance of gaining the ability to refine their weapons, but Lloyd's locked in unless they decide to ever upgrade or change effects on personal weapons that were given the ability to be refined.

9 minutes ago, Decerd said:

So, a grand total of 2 people?

Seems like more than 2, even if I'm just including myself. I was saving orbs, but Duma's worth pulling for to me (and I usually don't pull for tactic reasons; I'm just really happy and surprised Duma's in.) I just hope that a little over 100 orbs will be enough.

11 minutes ago, Decerd said:

If it were on the table that he were a possibility, I definitely would've asked for him lol.

I welcome this banner: New character in Heroes, isn't pandering to fucking Fates/Awakening, new unit typing we didn't already have and it brings hope that Mythic heroes in the future can be expected to be completely new entries as opposed to alts like Legendary heroes. My only gripe with Duma is his C skill, for F2P players it's barely anything to discuss but when going up against whales in AR defense... it's not gonna be pleasant to be hit by this thing stacked multiple times. 42 damage from 6 of this dude is not pleasant no matter how you slice it.

4 minutes ago, Decerd said:

You're trying too hard boy.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

21 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I was expecting Yune this month, either by way of Micaiah-possession or just as her own thing. But yeah, this probably is how we're gonna get various God-tier characters like Ashera/Yune/Naga/Mila, maybe also Fomortiis and Loptyr (Loptous?), and possibly whatever the First Dragons of the Fates games were (...those were a thing, right? I honestly don't remember much of Fates's plot, so I'm not sure if I'm just making something up here or not).

Also, I get the feeling this means Idunn will be March's Mythic Hero, considering that's gonna be Binding Blade Banner Month. I'm gonna get my hopes up now so they can be crushed in two months.

I'd like to see Yune, Ashera, and Anir(?) as Mythic Heroes. That would be cool to see.

5 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Image result for hmm meme

Image result for i quit meme

You're hopeless.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

That was very unexpected. Some people speculated that Dheginsea would have been this month's mystic hero as a continuation of the beasts and Tellius banner, but Duma and our first non-alt Gaiden/SoV character since July 7, 2017, Alm's Army and Celica's Army? Totally unexpected. Obviously, it doesn't imply anything, but I hope we get more Gaiden/Echoes characters in February.

Don't forget Kliff!