Dai

X6FK6nm.png

So, it's finally being released worldwideΒ barring the six weeks' early theft, and all the leaks from then up until now.

I just got back with my copy and am letting it update. I've been looking forward to this game for some time...I'm just a bit disappointed that my work week starts tomorrow night, so I only have about twelve hours to play it, if that, and then I have to wait until Sunday to continue. How about you? Will you be picking up the game? Are you going to wait until later? Regardless, have fun! =D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing since friday since the game released earlier in Europe for once.

But anyway so far I like most things. Only complaint is that magic works a bit oddly because the upgrading mechanic kind of get lost in all the other stuff you can activate with the same button.

I find it funny that someone in Twilight Town makes mention of Seifer "taking off with Fuu and Rai on some warrior's journey" or something. I only caught a flash of the text before it vanished.

started yesterday, so far all good. i'm still in early game thou, can't judge just yet.

it seems they kept some fighting mechanics from Dream Drop Distance, i'm curious to see what else is waiting ahead.

The damn social media loading screens are killing me. XD Seeing Sora talk about how badass Zeus' thunderbolts are compared to his own thunder magic. Which is funny...I DON'T HAVE THAT, YET.

Edit: Oooooh...cooking is...not automatic. I...was afraid of that.

Edited by Dai

Congrats to all KH fans! I'm not one of them (I don't care for Disney), but I know this has been loonnnggg in the wait. Hope it's all good!

Β 

And I found this about KHIII's development. So apparently Nomura wrote most of theΒ dialogue and everything else in the final draft related to the story by himself. That sounds like realΒ micromanaging to me, and it's secretlyΒ been this way since 358/2! Apparently, one of his reasons for this is how complicated the story of KH has become.

Im planning on picking it up eventually. just bought a ps2 and playing through 1 and 2. i was Nintendo growing up and didntΒ get PlayStation till the 3rd one. so far i love the whole idea behind the game, crossover games are sweet. im planning on just playing the main titles and looking up youtube videos to prep me for 3

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Congrats to all KH fans! I'm not one of them (I don't care for Disney), but I know this has been loonnnggg in the wait. Hope it's all good!

there's probably a good amount of people who have been playing with KH since the first gameΒ on PS2 that never really cared much about Disney related stuff, but rather they have always been more interested in the crossover between Final Fantasy characters.

in my case, feelings are kinda mixed at the moment.

i'm not exactlyΒ "crazy" about KH III.Β despite having a really messed up story writing, iΒ like the game for what it is and the fact that it's part of my childhood,Β but the main and only reason that made me buy the 3rd chapterΒ it's simple curiosity, because all i care about is just to see how the main story finally ends after 15 years of spinoffs.

Ah, too bad I don't have the means to play this. Much as I'd want to. Man, I can still remember when I first became aware of this series.Β This brings me back...

Oh well. Perhaps someday... in the meantime, I suppose I can just look stuff up, as always.

I’m in the Frozen world, and man this world you gotta be creative when exploring. Then again, it is a snowy mountain, they’re notΒ exactly easy to navigate.

It’s interesting how the worlds seem to defined in styles, as in some worlds are in the KH1 style with focus on exploring, where other worlds are in the KH2 style with focus on battles and you mostlyΒ follow a straight line. It actually helps things stay interesting and fresh.

Picked it up last night, played through the first world and loving it so far. My biggest complaint is the cutscenes are so long, I don't remember if it was like this in the other main titles but I was just trying to save at 1:30 in the morning and they wouldn't stop talking haha. It also feels a bit easier than the other games.Β 

It's an incredible feeling to play this game after so long since II. Over 10 years of spinoffs! I got emotional with the opening (love the version of Chikai that plays)Β and then the title screen and this version of Dearly Beloved... damn.

First and secondΒ worlds spoilers...

Spoiler

Blown away by how huge Olympus is, and how beautiful it looks! Fighting the Titans was some epic shit, as well as getting to explore the realm of the gods, even if there was nobody around. Felt bittersweet to visit a world that's been around since the first game for what seems like the last time. As far as I know there's only one other returning Disney World, would've liked to see a couple others to say goodbye. Been avoiding spoilers so not sure how accurate I am on that.

Got into Twilight Town and ended there. The whole sequence with Riku was so cool, and I'm ready for feels in Twilight Town. Bless this series.

Β 

My experience with Kingdom Hearts is super weird. I've played almost all of the spin-off games, but none of the main line games(aside from the first two worlds of KH1 at a friend's house which got me interested in the series). I've mostly just kept up with the series by playing what I could and watching the cutscenes from any game I couldn't play online. So since I don't have a PS4 for KH3 I caved into my old habitΒ and watched all the story stuff online again. Don't worry I'm not here to spoil anything, but I will say I loved seeing the story finally reach its conclusion in a way that wasn'tΒ disappointing, for me at least.

6 hours ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

I know nothing of what happens in Final Chapter prologue other than D3HD, so I need to do a lot in order to start KH3.

If you own Dream Drop Distance HD, then that means you own the final chapter prologue. It's a two hour game casually, one hour of which is cutscenes. You could knock it out pretty quick.

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If you own Dream Drop Distance HD, then that means you own the final chapter prologue. It's a two hour game casually, one hour of which is cutscenes. You could knock it out pretty quick.

I don’t actually. I just own the original, and I do not feel the need to play it again.

So, I do not have Final Chapter Prologue.

I'veΒ been doing a marathon of the old KH games, in the order they were released, not chronologically,Β before 3 released, but wasn't able to finish them. And by that I mean I was halfway through two when three showed up on my doorstep. I've still never really played Final Chapter Prologue (played half an hour or so, and hated basically every second of it), but I knew enough of the base plot to understand it. My plan is to play through KH3 right now, on proud. Then I'll finish, or re-finish every other game, and hopefully by then Critical mode gets patched in since I am barely being challenged on Proud currently.

18 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

I don’t actually. I just own the original, and I do not feel the need to play it again.

So, I do not have Final Chapter Prologue.

Oh alright then, well like I said it's a short game. You could watch it on youtube if you've got a coupleΒ hours to kill. I will say that game's plot definitely pertains to a primary subplot of KH3.

5 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Picked it up last night, played through the first world and loving it so far. My biggest complaint is the cutscenes are so long, I don't remember if it was like this in the other main titles but I was just trying to save at 1:30 in the morning and they wouldn't stop talking haha.

Oh yeah, KH1 and 2 have veryΒ long openings. Though they definitely had more opportunities to save. I think the reason there are fewer save points in KH3 is because you can put the game on sleep mode on PS4 by just going to the home menu.

Edited by Glennstavos