Today is the Wii Shop Channels last day

Jedi

22 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Not an expert on Wii hardware, but I believe its possible to copy the wiiware hardware onto a SD card, in which case you could even sell the SD Card for money online.

No, you can't do that. The data downloaded to your SD card is intrinsically linked to the Wii that downloaded the title. Otherwise people could just distribute the game for free (or well the cost of having an SD card) by downloading it to multiple SD cards.

Edited by Jotari

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

No, you can't do that. The data downloaded to your SD card is intrinsically linked to the Wii that downloaded the title. Otherwise people could just distribute the game for free (or well the cost of having an SD card) by downloading it to multiple SD cards.

What about people with hacked wii-s?

To my understanding, pirates really figured out how to crack and modify the wii hardware?

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

What about people with hacked wii-s?

To my understanding, pirates really figured out how to crack and modify the wii hardware?

Well yeah, but if we're going there then one could just emulate the games regardless of the Wii Shop.

25 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Neither Life as a King nor its sequel Life as a Dark Lord were ever re-released.

well I'm convincing myself to get it. Hopefully it has a discount.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well yeah, but if we're going there then one could just emulate the games regardless of the Wii Shop.

It sounds like a hacked wii can't give the data to a regular/non hacked wii though unlike with say F-zero GX save data. For reference, F-zero GX save data is normally uncopyable unless a action replay code is used, in which case it can be copied to any memory card. 

Wait how do we add Wii Points? I don't see the menu to do it. 

Or am I just that blind?

EDIT: We can't add them anymore. Looks like I won't be downloading anything. Bummer.

Edited by Dandy Druid

23 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Wait how do we add Wii Points? I don't see the menu to do it. 

Or am I just that blind?

EDIT: We can't add them anymore. Looks like I won't be downloading anything. Bummer.

There's still a menu redeem cards, don't know if it works though..

Apparently adding points was turned off all the way back in March 2018.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

There's still a menu redeem cards, don't know if it works though..

Apparently adding points was turned off all the way back in March 2018.

Yeah I don't have any of those.

9 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

I had 5200 Wii Points and bought some stuff. I still have 1100 points left. Anything important I should buy?

Contra and the "MY life" final fantasy games.

7 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah I don't have any of those.

I don't either.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

48 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

I had 5200 Wii Points and bought some stuff. I still have 1100 points left. Anything important I should buy?

You probably want to net the exclusives that stand a chance of being lost forevermore, but I think that might be just enough points to get Sin and Punishment, although it's also available on the EShop (and maybe it's 1200). Don't get Final Fantasy IV the after Years though. It might look like it's only 800 points, but like 80% of the game is DLC (which sounds extravagant but it basically means it's just the price of a full game and by and large it is worth it).

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

Ended up getting Dr. Mario Online Rx since it was a WiiWare exclusive. I’m satisfied with my purchases. Rather unfortunate a lot of games will be lost to time now...

Someday there will be a wii classic I'm sure.

That'll be a while though..

Y'know, this made me realize that there's probably some people that somewhere in the future will be interested in Sonic 4 Episode 1 with the Wii's audio files for it since it sounded different to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions due to restrictive hardware.

There's probably someone that's downloaded those files already though...