Mythic Hero candidates

Midnox

Well, it has been said all Mythic Heroes in the game would be god-like FE characters by the developers. I wasn’t too excited because I was expecting more lords and other plot-important characters like the Legendaries. They certainly weren’t kidding when, surprisingly, Duma was revealed to be the first non OC Mythic Hero, changing the whole deal and expectations. Question is, what other god-like characters exist to be Mythic Heroes? Here are some of mine:

Light:

-Naga: It’s not a matter of if, but when, as she THE FE god-like character. Question is, what type of unit she will be? Most obvious choice would be manakete, but with this list possibly being full of them, we should add more flavor to it. She could be a sword user using a more beefed-up Falchion as seen in a tapestry in Mystery of the Emblem

latest?cb=20100815045732

-Ashera: what more god-like than an actual god? FE mentions gods at times, and worship some characters as such, but an outright in-flesh god is a rarity, so it’s also a manner of time of WHEN, like Naga. I think she’ll be kept as a magic caster, possibly armored due to her being stationary in RD

-Mila: if Duma made it, so will Mila. Question is, what will she be? Like Naga, she could be manakete, but Mila Bow is a thing

Anima:

-Athos: backstory characters are usually revered as gods, and they have the power to back it, but to be actually playable is a rarity. 

-Dheginsea: he has been blessed by Ashera, and he’s one of the most powerful bosses in the whole franchise. With beasts introduced in the game, there’s no impediment for him to be in the game

Astra: this one is a weird element. I think they’ll use a star theme to put characters in the category, as this one is a specific skill, or a weapon, but not a spell or the like

-Anankos: I think due to the battlefield in the Revelations route fits him as an astra hero. Manakete obviously

-Gotoh: had no idea who else to suggest, but later remembered Gotoh and the Starlight spell

Dark:

-Yune: she isn’t technically a dark goddess, but due to her tittle as one, fits for it. I don’t think of anything other than spell-casting, flying possibly

-Lyon/Fomortiis: surely they’ll go with the same thing as the Robins and Grima, calling them by the name of the host, but we all know who are we really using. He could be treated as an armored beast unit

I know the list it’s is incomplete, but those are the only ones I can think of, but feel free to speculate and add

Edited by Midnox

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What about Ashunera, the original form of Ashera and Yune? I think she could be Astra.

Initially I was thinking of just Ashera, but that too could be interesting. Regardless of which one they do, I agree thinking they'd be Astra.

I don't know about elements, but these all seem like good candidates. Also Medeus.

I also think we may get more mythic OCs over time. From what I understand, Askr, Embla, Nifl, and Muspell would all qualify. I think Hel will be a regular character like the Muspell ones, just because her stat screen doesn't show an element, but she could also get a mythic version, I guess?

You've covered all the obvious examples in the OP. Only a few other suggestions I can think of

-Nergal, Medeus and Idoun, not because they're any more mythic than other villains but because they aren't in the game yet. Although Medeus probably is on Duma's level.

-The Rainbow Sage. He's a Manakete, but he could wield a weapon for some more diversity, either the Omega Yato or some made up weapon. He made all the legendary weapons in Fates so basically anything could be justified for him.

-Dehghensea and Lehran

-Could be a good way to introduce backstory characters that are mythic in Fire Emblem, like Anri and the Crusaders. Soan in particular would be good for beefing the number of beast units (I fear they've blown their load kind of early in that regard by giving us almost all the royals out the gate. Units like Muriam and Vika would be such a step down).

Edited by Jotari

Broadly speaking, any major continental backstory characters (the 12 Crusaders, the 8 Heavenly Generals, Morva and the 5 Demon Slayers, Ashera's 3 Chosen, the First Exalt and the 12 First Dragons and their blood bonders) are eligible to be Mythics. That being said, Athos and Dhehginsea are the most likely considering they play an important role in their games.

Most final bosses are also eligible IMO, except for Veld, Ashnard, Fallen!Takumi and Dragon!Garon. Of course those not already in the game will come 1st (Medeus, Idpun, Nergal, Fomortiis and Ashera, and Anankos).

Wouldn't Dheginsea go under Dark, like Yune!Micaiah? Both he and Micaiah share Dark Affinity in RD, so this would make the most sense to me. (although of course they could end up putting them on whatever element they want)

11 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Initially I was thinking of just Ashera, but that too could be interesting. Regardless of which one they do, I agree thinking they'd be Astra.

I'd go for all three. There are a lot of legendary heroes now, so why not go for as many mythic ones as possible too? Besides, Ashunera is so pretty.

latest?cb=20080919025039

10 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Wouldn't Dheginsea go under Dark, like Yune!Micaiah? Both he and Micaiah share Dark Affinity in RD, so this would make the most sense to me. (although of course they could end up putting them on whatever element they want)

honestly, given dheginsea's allegiance to ashera and his moral compass being very aligned with order (he was the only laguz king to say no to the alliance and war with begnion), dark makes the least sense if you want to talk about characterisation, I think light, or anima make the most sense.

edit: oh, right, the topic, I want to see fomortiis, I really don't know why I just think it would be cool, he would probably be an armored beast, though if he used demon light he could justify breath and dheginsea I think could be an armored beast, unless they can give dragons weapons that allow them to shift on the map which is also an option to maintain the flier movement and arrow immunity while shifted.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

Astra: this one is a weird element. I think they’ll use a star theme to put characters in the category, as this one is a specific skill, or a weapon, but not a spell or the like

In Japanese, the name for the Astra element is "Sky" or "Heaven", the same as Heaven affinity in the Tellius games.

I can see IS adding Yune to the game. She is a bit unique when compared to other godly beings so there are worse picks then her.

I'm still a bit confused about what makes a hero mythic though. Will it be only divine figures and the like or is there also room for ancient heroes like Athos and Roland.

51 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

honestly, given dheginsea's allegiance to ashera and his moral compass being very aligned with order (he was the only laguz king to say no to the alliance and war with begnion), dark makes the least sense if you want to talk about characterisation, I think light, or anima make the most sense.

edit: oh, right, the topic, I want to see fomortiis, I really don't know why I just think it would be cool, he would probably be an armored beast, though if he used demon light he could justify breath and dheginsea I think could be an armored beast, unless they can give dragons weapons that allow them to shift on the map which is also an option to maintain the flier movement and arrow immunity while shifted.

That all depends on how you characterize dark.

49 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

So if Grima is out of the question maybe Forneus? Who better than the fell dragon than the demon alchemist who created him

He doesn't have a character design so I find it unlikely. I mean, they could just make up a character design for him, but I don't really expect them to do that. I think if they're designing characters they'd rather design OCs.

6 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I can see IS adding Yune to the game. She is a bit unique when compared to other godly beings so there are worse picks then her.

I'm still a bit confused about what makes a hero mythic though. Will it be only divine figures and the like or is there also room for ancient heroes like Athos and Roland.

Eir is a mythic hero and she's no god so I'm sure Athos and Roland can apply.

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

The Japanese name for Mythic Heroes is "Heroes among the ranks of the gods". The heroes of legend I'd say are in a gray area where they themselves aren't among the gods, but many of their weapons are (both Falchions are made from Naga's fangs, the crusader's weapons were bestowed upon them by the gods, the divine weapons had powers rivalling the gods).

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

what more god-like than an actual god?

What exactly makes Ashera count as a god and Naga, Mila, and Duma not?

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese name for Mythic Heroes is "Heroes among the ranks of the gods". The heroes of legend I'd say are in a gray area where they themselves aren't among the gods, but many of their weapons are (both Falchions are made from Naga's fangs, the crusader's weapons were bestowed upon them by the gods, the divine weapons had powers rivalling the gods).

Ashunera gets the credit for creating the world while Naga actively shuns the label of creator and god (Duma and Mila embrace their titles of god, but they're clearly subordinate to Naga while we have no evidence to suggest Ashunera isn't the real deal).

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thor didn't create a world. Or Aphrodite. Or Susano-o.

Well maybe they're not gods, has anyone ever asked them? Someone asked Naga though and she denied godhood.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Based on what Naga says, the power of creation. 

Which is honestly BS when you think about it. Like, Elibe shows that Divine Dragons can create War Dragons, which are similar to Morphs. They are living creatures. And though we have not seen War Dragons or morphs in Archanea, Dragons possess much higher form of magic and knowledge than humans do, and as we have seen in Gaiden/Echoes, the clerics can use the Invoke Spell to create constructs of humans. Dragons oughta be able to take that to a much higher level and make them much more realistic.

FE11 has Nagi be from another dimension, and to get her, we fight soldiers, but normal humans shouldn't exist in that dimension, meaning these were all created by Nagi. 

Not only that but despite Ashunera being a god, she never created the laguz or beorcs. She didn't even create the Zunanma, either. She only created animals, who underwent years of evolution before that happened. And then later on, when the Great Flood occurred, it's rather interesting that she can't even revive the dead. Mila can, and she does it in spades. All the spring water that does that runs out because Mila has been sealed. 

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well maybe they're not gods, has anyone ever asked them? Someone asked Naga though and she denied godhood.

And who is to say she wasn't just being humble and didn't want to be revered as a god? People tell lies. Gods tell lies. Just ask Loki.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Which is honestly BS when you think about it.

My thoughts exactly.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Based on what Naga says, the power of creation. 

Which is honestly BS when you think about it. Like, Elibe shows that Divine Dragons can create War Dragons, which are similar to Morphs. They are living creatures. And though we have not seen War Dragons or morphs in Archanea, Dragons possess much higher form of magic and knowledge than humans do, and as we have seen in Gaiden/Echoes, the clerics can use the Invoke Spell to create constructs of humans. Dragons oughta be able to take that to a much higher level and make them much more realistic.

FE11 has Nagi be from another dimension, and to get her, we fight soldiers, but normal humans shouldn't exist in that dimension, meaning these were all created by Nagi. 

Not only that but despite Ashunera being a god, she never created the laguz or beorcs. She didn't even create the Zunanma, either. She only created animals, who underwent years of evolution before that happened. And then later on, when the Great Flood occurred, it's rather interesting that she can't even revive the dead. Mila can, and she does it in spades. All the spring water that does that runs out because Mila has been sealed. 

Ashera can revive the dead. She resurrects an army full of soldiers to fight at the end of Radiant Dawn, though of the zombie variation more so than the Aum variation. Yune was also able to bring Sephiran back to life (albeit when he'd only been dead for a few seconds).

And by power of creation I think Naga was being a bit more spiritual in nature than scientific. Any old pair of animals willing to do get down and dirty posses the power of creating another living being. Naga probably meant it more in the vein of creating something literally from nothing, which Morphs and Invokes expressly don't do (as they sacrifice HP or quintessence to make them). Idoun we don't know exactly how she works, maybe she's doing some quintessence magic or maybe she is creating war dragons out of the ether. No real explanation, I always assumed she was giving birth to them, though there's nothing to suggest that in game I believe. The closest we get to an explanation are the infinite spawning reinforcements which come from statues in her boss battle.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And who is to say she wasn't just being humble and didn't want to be revered as a god? People tell lies. Gods tell lies. Just ask Loki.

My thoughts exactly.

Well then who's to say Old Hubba isn't actually a god who's being humble about his almighty power? If something doesn't have the decency to call itself a god then I aint calling it one either.

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Ashera can revive the dead. She resurrects an army full of soldiers to fight at the end of Radiant Dawn, though of the zombie variation more so than the Aum variation. Yune was also able to bring Sephiran back to life (albeit when he'd only been dead for a few seconds).

Ashera brings bodies without souls. That's not truly reviving the dead. And Yune only uses the power of Sacrifice that Micaiah already has, as it is the power to heal without using any magic, and even then, it's used with such a timing that it had to be at the precise moment. However, even if you go along with that, why did Ashunera, who oughta be much more powerful than both, not bring back the lives lost by the Great Flood? Seems like something she oughta be able to do.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

And by power of creation I think Naga was being a bit more spiritual in nature than scientific. Any old pair of animals willing to do get down and dirty posses the power of creating another living being. Naga probably meant it more in the vein of creating something literally from nothing, which Morphs and Invokes expressly don't do (as they sacrifice HP or quintessence to make them). Idoun we don't know exactly how she works, maybe she's doing some quintessence magic or maybe she is creating war dragons out of the ether. No real explanation, I always assumed she was giving birth to them, though there's nothing to suggest that in game I believe. The closest we get to an explanation are the infinite spawning reinforcements which come from statues in her boss battle.

As I said, Dragons possess a level of power far above that of humans. Humans using magic to create Morphs is just paltry compared to what dragons are capable of doing. This is because as Nergal says, dragons possess quintessence and power far greater than any human. And the knowledge they possess is far greater than that of humans too. 

So Idunn is utilizing capabilities that are far greater than what humans can do. However, the only reasons Divine Dragons DON'T do it is because it's a violation of the laws of nature. And as I said, even the concept of Ashunera creating life is really not that great when you realize that she never created sentient life. Rather, natural evolution did that instead. Also, she didn't create the world. She existed in a world that's already there, but only covered in water. I guess she created the land, so there's that. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I don't know about elements, but these all seem like good candidates. Also Medeus.

Fuck me, I forgot him :>_<:. Dark dragon, not earth dragon XD. Still, unlike the divine dragons, earth dragons haven’t been revered as deities, but considering their powers rival the former, he could qualify

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Naga herself said both she and Grima aren’t gods, despite some evidence of the contrary. Mila was more subtle by saying that humans call Duma and her gods. Ashunera, and by extension: Ashera and Yune, despite everything, fit the term even further. World created? Check. World almost destroyed by simply crying? Check. Ending all life by turning virtually every motherfucker into stone? Check. Plan to literally destroy the world and begin anew? Check. Revive the dead? Check. Cheap-ass defenses like 8 tiles of shields and the ability to retaliate with half damage to the attacker to both herself and her eight shields? Check. Instead of taking either normal to critical damage as most final bosses, she takes either normal damage to none AT ALL? Check. The ability to fully recover herself unless the final blow has the full power of her other half? Check

You see? Despite those divine dragons being worthy of being called gods, Ashunera, and by extension Ashera and Yune, are even closer to the description to an actual god

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ashera brings bodies without souls. That's not truly reviving the dead. And Yune only uses the power of Sacrifice that Micaiah already has, as it is the power to heal without using any magic, and even then, it's used with such a timing that it had to be at the precise moment. However, even if you go along with that, why did Ashunera, who oughta be much more powerful than both, not bring back the lives lost by the Great Flood? Seems like something she oughta be able to do.

As I said, Dragons possess a level of power far above that of humans. Humans using magic to create Morphs is just paltry compared to what dragons are capable of doing. This is because as Nergal says, dragons possess quintessence and power far greater than any human. And the knowledge they possess is far greater than that of humans too. 

So Idunn is utilizing capabilities that are far greater than what humans can do. However, the only reasons Divine Dragons DON'T do it is because it's a violation of the laws of nature. And as I said, even the concept of Ashunera creating life is really not that great when you realize that she never created sentient life. Rather, natural evolution did that instead. Also, she didn't create the world. She existed in a world that's already there, but only covered in water. I guess she created the land, so there's that. 

the circumstances for ashera reviving the dead is difficult to say for certain, she can raise them (which is an incredible feat in and of itself, we can't even get an organ to start working after an hour), but we really can't say if she could get their souls back, she had no good reason to even bother, the disciples of order were finatics who thought they were the chosen ones, but yune already said that this was not the case and ashera was just going to throw them away when it was over, so there souls were unneeded, the great flood also seems to be what prompted ashera and yune to split, so it is likely that they could have had the power to reverse the damage when together.

11 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Fuck me, I forgot him :>_<:. Dark dragon, not earth dragon XD. Still, unlike the divine dragons, earth dragons haven’t been revered as deities, but considering their powers rival the former, he could qualify

Not quite. Earth dragons are the closest in strength to the Divine Dragons, but not necessarily their rivals. Dark Dragons though are equal to the Divine Dragon, though Medeus was not yet fully revived at the time.

11 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Naga herself said both she and Grima aren’t gods, despite some evidence of the contrary. Mila was more subtle by saying that humans call Duma and her gods. Ashunera, and by extension: Ashera and Yune, despite everything, fit the term even further. World created? Check. World almost destroyed by simply crying? Check. Ending all life by turning virtually every motherfucker into stone? Check. Plan to literally destroy the world and begin anew? Check. Revive the dead? Check. Cheap-ass defenses like 8 tiles of shields and the ability to retaliate with half damage to the attacker to both herself and her eight shields? Check. Instead of taking either normal to critical damage as most final bosses, she takes either normal damage to none AT ALL? Check. The ability to fully recover herself unless the final blow has the full power of her other half? Check

You see? Despite those divine dragons being worthy of being called gods, Ashunera, and by extension Ashera and Yune, are even closer to the description to an actual god

Ashunera didn't create the world. The world was already there. I guess she created the land, but the planet itself was already in existence, as it was just water originally.

The Great Flood is impressive, but she's moving what's already there, and it kills others because it's a weakness living creatures have, the need for oxygen.

Ashera tried to end all life, but she couldn't even do that when she got up, despite having every intention to do so. And for some reason, couldn't do it cause she needed to charge up for some reason, despite there being a limited amount of people around. Also, petrification 

Also, I mentioned it above about the inconsistencies about her reviving the dead, which other deities accomplished far better than her.

24 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Honestly, the "destroy the world" bit gets thrown around way too often. But it was even stated that Naga clashing against Duma and Mila nearly caused the world to be destroyed too. And create life anew? Even Ashunera couldn't create sentient life, and we are to expect Ashera can?

Also, Grima literally one-shotted the entire army when they battled him that Naga had to heal them so they could keep going, and Robin resisted Grima. Ashera couldn't even do that when the enemies were right in front of her. 

It's hard to really consider what gameplay effects can be utilized. Lorewise, Grima should be harmed by nothing but Falchion. Earth Dragons in general like Medeus are stated to be impossible to beat unless they had Falchion or Tiki. Look at Gerxel at TRS. His Black Rain can kill the entire world apparently, and it does kill your units save one that is spared on purpose if you fail to stop him in time. Just as lorewise, Grima cannot be die by anything but himself.

9 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

the circumstances for ashera reviving the dead is difficult to say for certain, she can raise them (which is an incredible feat in and of itself, we can't even get an organ to start working after an hour), but we really can't say if she could get their souls back, she had no good reason to even bother, the disciples of order were finatics who thought they were the chosen ones, but yune already said that this was not the case and ashera was just going to throw them away when it was over, so there souls were unneeded, the great flood also seems to be what prompted ashera and yune to split, so it is likely that they could have had the power to reverse the damage when together.

Ashunera split because the others convinced her to. But if Ashunera had the power to revive the dead, why didn't she? The problem is that Ashunera and her two counterparts are inconsistent.