Our Predictions for this year's Farfetched Heroes/Brave Redux banner.

Gregster101

Well...looks like we have another Bruno situation here. Now that Louise is technically in the game now, does this mean she's off the list of potential characters for this year's Farfetched banner? Admittedly I kind of hope this is the case if it means Jill's chances on this year's Farfetched banner are increased.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Is IntSys using the CYL 3 results to decide new Seasonal Units? If so, Summer Jill when?

I actually don't want Jill to be added via a seasonal because 1. She deserves better than being added via a seasonal before her regular self, and 2. It's been two years since we've gotten Bride Charlotte and we still haven't even gotten Regular Charlotte yet. Who knows how long it would take for Regular Jill?

12 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I actually don't want Jill to be added via a seasonal because 1. She deserves better than being added via a seasonal before her regular self, and 2. It's been two years since we've gotten Bride Charlotte and we still haven't even gotten Regular Charlotte yet. Who knows how long it would take for Regular Jill?

I am not a fan of seasonal alts from units that are not present in the game. I agree with you that Jill deserves better than have the same treatment as Charlotte, Noire and others.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Honestly, since I see you are a big fan of Jill I need to ask you this. If it was the only other option, would you rather she doesn't get added to the game at all?

I mean for all we know Anna and Louise will be the females for the Brave Redux and maybe IS is planning to have the next regular Tellius banner in 2021. 

Wouldn't you enjoy to see Jill in the game in some form? It would still be Jill. Look at Bride Charlotte, she has the same personality Charlotte always had. Same thing for Valentine Greil, he IS Greil and says what Greil would say.

As you can guess I am a huge Tanith fan and I don't mind at all to have the alt version first. It only took one line to prove she is the same Tanith I remember from PoR, just wearing a different outfit. Which gives me faith that all her other lines will also be in line with her character. 

Of course there is the BIG downside that being a limited unit may mean you lose the chance to get her for the year, but I still think it's better than ZERO chance of getting her because she isn't in the game.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Well...looks like we have another Bruno situation here. Now that Louise is technically in the game now, does this mean she's off the list of potential characters for this year's Farfetched banner? Admittedly I kind of hope this is the case if it means Jill's chances on this year's Farfetched banner are increased.

I'm not seeing the comparison with Bruno here. He never had a shot to be added in a Farfetched Heroes banner. Bruno is almost certainly in Micaiah's situation where he will be skipped because he is already planned for release on a specific other banner. I don't think we'll get him until we finally get vanilla Veronica. (Lif and Thrasir are also likely to be skipped for the same reason.)

Currently, we have no precedence for seasonal-only units to be included or skipped for Farfetched Heroes banners.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Is IntSys using the CYL 3 results to decide new Seasonal Units? If so, Summer Jill when?

Considering it takes them roughly 6 months to create the units for the CYL banner in the first place, the probability that they're using it to decide seasonal units released 4 months after CYL is highly improbable.

I don't think Louise getting a bridal alt will exclude her from being on Farfetched Heroes since this alt was probably planned some time before the CYL 3 voting event. The only way I see Louise not being in the next farfetched banner is if there is a Blazing Sword banner with her on it coming out some time before or shortly after November.

My guess for farfetched now is Awakening Anna, Louise and Conrad with freebie Nils but I guess it is always possible they might change it up this year and make it all females with Awakening Anna, Louise, Jill and free Rinea since they are technically the highest voted characters who don't have their...default appearance in the game. Did IS ever said Farfetched Heroes had to have two males and females for the event or was that just something we the fans assume? I mean sure it worked out well the first two times since we had popular males not in the game in the top 50 but for CYL 3 we have a ton of females not in the game who ranked high (at least 12 of them in the top 100) and the most popular male not in the game (who isn't a Heroes OC) is Conrad at rank 80.

I am definitely curious how they are going to go about it this year and daresay I am more excited for the Farfetched Heroes banner than I am CYL3 Brave Heroes.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Honestly, since I see you are a big fan of Jill I need to ask you this. If it was the only other option, would you rather she doesn't get added to the game at all?

I mean for all we know Anna and Louise will be the females for the Brave Redux and maybe IS is planning to have the next regular Tellius banner in 2021. 

Wouldn't you enjoy to see Jill in the game in some form? It would still be Jill. Look at Bride Charlotte, she has the same personality Charlotte always had. Same thing for Valentine Greil, he IS Greil and says what Greil would say.

As you can guess I am a huge Tanith fan and I don't mind at all to have the alt version first. It only took one line to prove she is the same Tanith I remember from PoR, just wearing a different outfit. Which gives me faith that all her other lines will also be in line with her character. 

Of course there is the BIG downside that being a limited unit may mean you lose the chance to get her for the year, but I still think it's better than ZERO chance of getting her because she isn't in the game.

Ok I suppose if I had to choose between Jill being added via seasonal or not being added everl, I would pick the former, but you get what I mean right?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not seeing the comparison with Bruno here. He never had a shot to be added in a Farfetched Heroes banner. Bruno is almost certainly in Micaiah's situation where he will be skipped because he is already planned for release on a specific other banner. I don't think we'll get him until we finally get vanilla Veronica. (Lif and Thrasir are also likely to be skipped for the same reason.)

They added Loki with the Brave Redux banner, and her role in the story still isn't even over yet, just like Bruno. They could easily use the excuse of Farfetched Bruno being from another universe like they did with Veronica and Loki.

I don't recall my predictions exactly but I remember not putting Louise on it, believing she'd get on her own banner with Pent. Now that this banner happened but was a seasonal, I'm not sure what to think anymore. 

I'd guess this still takes her out of the running though.

Jill is the unit I'm most confident will be on it now. Tellius has gotten a lot in 2019 and I very much doubt they're getting another banner. With her, I'm predicting Anna, Rinea & Ilyana. 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering it takes them roughly 6 months to create the units for the CYL banner in the first place, the probability that they're using it to decide seasonal units released 4 months after CYL is highly improbable.

Yeah... you are probably right... So we will have Halloween Jill then.

5 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

If i dont get original Bruno in Farfetched i will go Daenerys Targaryen on KingsIntelligent Systems-Landing. Although if I would go Danerys Targaryen i woulndt even need a good reason for that, just some bells ringing.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

They added Loki with the Brave Redux banner, and her role in the story still isn't even over yet, just like Bruno.

Loki has a role in the story but not an actual story arc to "finish" like the Embla and Muspell characters do or did.

The Nifl and Muspell characters all got banners by the end of Book 2 when their story arc concluded, and we can expect Hel, Lif, and Thrasir to receive banners by the end of Book 3 (and possibly also Gustav and Henriette). Veronica and Bruno's story arc is not yet complete and also isn't currently active, so we are unlikely to see them released anytime soon. But, we cannot say the same of Loki, who has no story arc to speak of and therefore no story arc to finish. Loki's situation is not comparable to Bruno's.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

They could easily use the excuse of Farfetched Bruno being from another universe like they did with Veronica and Loki.

If the writers intend for us to receive Veronica and Bruno upon resolving their story arc, then this excuse would certainly not work. It works for Loki because she has no story arc, and it works for Brave Veronica because she plays zero role in the story (as she is intended to be a different Veronica from the one in the story).

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Loki has a role in the story but not an actual story arc to "finish" like the Embla and Muspell characters do or did.

The Nifl and Muspell characters all got banners by the end of Book 2 when their story arc concluded, and we can expect Hel, Lif, and Thrasir to receive banners by the end of Book 3 (and possibly also Gustav and Henriette). Veronica and Bruno's story arc is not yet complete and also isn't currently active, so we are unlikely to see them released anytime soon. But, we cannot say the same of Loki, who has no story arc to speak of and therefore no story arc to finish. Loki's situation is not comparable to Bruno's.

If the writers intend for us to receive Veronica and Bruno upon resolving their story arc, then this excuse would certainly not work. It works for Loki because she has no story arc, and it works for Brave Veronica because she plays zero role in the story (as she is intended to be a different Veronica from the one in the story).

Oh screw off! Would you just let me theorize goddammit?!

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

If i dont get original Bruno in Farfetched i will go Daenerys Targaryen on KingsIntelligent Systems-Landing. Although if I would go Danerys Targaryen i woulndt even need a good reason for that, just some bells ringing.

It's reassuring to discover that a fantasy with worse writing than Fates Revelation exists.

Thank you a lot season 8 of GoT. You made me revaluate a lot of stuff.