How Do You Stop an SJW?

This is a very strange way to go about approaching some pretty serious accusations. If you knew about the accusations, this thread REALLY comes off as you trying to stop people from exposing a voice actor of some pretty heinous acts. If you don't, this feels very knee-jerk and reactionary. But you've done a good job at listening to people here, so yeah, don't feel too bad. Just take a breath and ask around next time. But your friend should feel like an asshole for worrying that a character they like might be written out, rather than worrying that the accusations might be true.

Even if the information that @Johann just provided isn't accurate, there is enough there to make assumptions about people, since this really isn't just one or two isolated incidents. All of the reports of him getting comfortable with underage girls is suspect enough to give the "SJW" side some slack here, because clearly something's going on there. Or, at the very least, it's very, very bad optics and Vic should really know better.

I don't think he's a Nazi or anti-Semitic, since comparing things to the holocaust was a very safe, yet edgy joke for a long time.

And I pretty much have no doubt that he's homophobic. He's a hardcore Christian. I really don't want to just lump him into being homophobic since I've met plenty of hardcore Christians who are totally fine with gay people and gay marriage, but they largely fall on one side with the issue. And given Vic's comments, I think it's safe to say he falls towards the "I'm not a fan of gays" side. To his credit, though, he does seem to try to give off a neutral air about it, though I feel like a lot of this has to do with the industry he's in, which has a very diverse audience, and has a lot of activist co-workers. He knows that making overly blatant statements will get him shitcanned. But comments like "Gay relationships are lustful" slip through, which really doesn't help his case when his seemingly predatory attitude towards underage girls is so prominent.

Edited by Slumber

kinda surprised this thread didnt turn into a garbage can fire, so good job on that one. as for the accusations themselves, thats ultimately up to a court to decide the validity of but given the long record of vics generally awful behavior this isnt really a shock to me. if your wondering how one should feel about his body of work however... that mostly falls down to personal feeling and opinion. im not gonna personally go out of my way to avoid projects hes done voices for, but id be perfectly happy to see him shelved from the industry forever. lord knows there are more talented voice actors out there who are less awful and deserve more recognition then fuckin vic.

30 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Pick better things to spend your time stopping. Actual racism, sexual harassment, and social injustice in the world and whatnot...

This.
Add voting rights and the Republicans (if you live in the US) from taking the money you and your parents have put into Social Security in order to make up for the Tax cuts for the rich that have consistently resulted in a worse economy every time a new president comes in.

Also remember that someone's innocent until proven guilty, the accused always starts with the advantage and unless the accused is losing their livelihood as direct result of "unfounded accusations", that person doesn't need defending from third parties like fans.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Welp. I suppose if these accusations are true, then what happens next is deserved. If not though, it's still a reminder that the eyes of the world are watching everyone with some amount of fame. If you don't take precautions to be above reproach, then you can't really say you deserve to escape situations like this. This is a harsh world.

I was seeing some stuff on this. Like everyone else, I imagine, I really hope it's not true. It could potentially be "he's a popular voice actor (especially with the Dragon Ball movie doing so well) who happens to not have the beliefs and political leaning I do so let's get him!"... or it could be true. 

Also, OP, you seemed (to me at least) a bit hard on yourself on "shutting up". You shouldn't feel like you have to "shut up" on a message board. Think responses through? Sure, but you have a right to speak just like everyone else.

The solution to fucking up isn't to run.  It's to confront what went wrong, and address the root issue.  Yeah, it'll be scary, and it's gonna suck big time, but it'll ensure that the same mistake doesn't happen twice.  Otherwise, those mistakes will come back with buddies.  See: the dude who this thread is about (who very obviously didn't reform his behavior, if that link dump earlier was any indication)