Feh Channel Out Now

Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It must be easier to progress through tiers in the future if they bump you down to Tier 21 after every week, yet expect you to be able to climb 6 tiers in one week.

I do like the cap on aether cost, though.  It will make it easier to play when I want to.

The Dragon flowers, I'm unclear.  Do they show up on enemy units in Arena and Aether raids?  If so, I'm not a fan.  Facing essentially +12 Surtr on every map isn't something I'm looking forward to.

Possibly, though it still means instead of skirting the bare minimum to maintain tier 21 you're pressed to actually play seriously again. I was glad to have gotten over the climb and get a rest for a while, with just the issue of maintaining top 3k in rank later on. The cap change is nice, though it also means you have to play more in total since you'll be able to do basically twice as many matches as you can now in 21.

Dragon flowers sound like straight up permanent +1 to all stats when maxed out (or +2 to old infantry units).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I was unclear on this too, though I think it's that Dragonflowers don't affect Arena and Aether Raids... I think. Dunno for sure tho.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that it means they won't show the bonus,or it just won't affect the Arena score match-up system.

If it's the former, it's a net enemy buff, since the enemy is sure to buff their Arena team, but you as a player aren't going to be able to flower up your bonus unit every week.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It must be easier to progress through tiers in the future if they bump you down to Tier 21 after every week, yet expect you to be able to climb 6 tiers in one week.

It is. Run through the footage when the AR tiers are shown slowly and you'll see that tiers past 21 are separated by 400 lift or so and those tiers past 21 award Grails and Aether stones at half the rate the earlier tiers did.

Free 5* is nice. Seasonals are meh. Guess colorless for 2018. No clue for 2017. Looking over the list, I'm realizing there are basically none that I want that I don't have. Maybe grey again in hopes of getting Bride Lyn so I can give Loki Dazzling Staff?

I'll bet money the four heroes end up being:

Red: Tibarn
Blue: L!Azura
Green: Surtr (maybe W!Fae)
Colorless: Duma

Of those, it'll be very tough to pick between Tibarn, Duma, and Azura. Azura would be the smart pick, but personally, Duma and Tibarn >> her. Tibarn would be something I don't have, but Duma would be more useful in AR, which I already suck at.

All-in-all, pretty meh.

Edited by bottlegnomes

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was about to post this myself. I really wanted to see one for Frederick. :(

But I get to try for another Summer Freddy at least!

You know, if Frederick had Cherche's axe or something similar, he'd instantly be Tier 2-3, and that would be awesome.

I'm still waiting on Lukas', Berkut's, and Hawkeye's refinements, among many others. 

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

You know, if Frederick had Cherche's axe or something similar, he'd instantly be Tier 2-3, and that would be awesome.

Yeah, though I'd have to change my entire build on him for it to work to its max potential. Cherche has a prf brave axe which is a player phase thing and I run an enemy phase build on Freddy. But I'd be willing to do it to keep him awesome, even if I love how insanely well he tanks things for me. lol

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, though I'd have to change my entire build on him for it to work to its max potential. Cherche has a prf brave axe which is a player phase thing and I run an enemy phase build on Freddy. But I'd be willing to do it to keep him awesome, even if I love how insanely well he tanks things for me. lol

Or you could slap Quick Riposte on him and work him into a solid mixed phased unit. Either way works, and his high mobility would make him perfect for a player phase PRF.

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Or you could slap Quick Riposte on him and work him into a solid mixed phased unit. Either way works, and his high mobility would make him perfect for a player phase PRF.

He actually already has QR3, but I guess that could work too! His Def is a slightly better stat for him than Atk though, so I feel like he'd still be a bit better running a prf defensive weapon. He'd still do great with a player phase oriented weapon since he has a great Atk stat too though, and that's the awesome thing about Freddy in this game, he's really good with multiple different builds. He can even run a Spd build well when you give him +Spd on top of horse buffs and junk. He's really flexible which is why I think he's still one of the best non-5 star exclusive green units today. And also, this is fitting for him because Freddy's so the kind of guy that's mastered multiple combat styles.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting stuff. The Aether changes should make things less stressful, and while I don't see much point in dragonflowers (especially without better catching up the units that are further behind, BST-wise), the new maps types with them sound cool. No "pick a free legendary" event but we do get two seasonal events like that, plus something that looks like a new A Hero Rises where you pick one of four winners and then can summon from them?

A bit frustrating the seasonal events don't seem to guarantee having each orb color available. I'll have to make a list and figure out color preferences for each of them: I'll probably go red for 2018, if I get a red orb at all. 2017 doesn't have much I'm still after... maybe green, in hopes of getting a Christmas one?

Actually I can just make a list right here.

• 2017 Red: Summer Leo, Halloween Nowi, Winter Tharja, NY Camilla (4)
  • 2017 Blue: Spring Lucina/Xander, Bride Caeda/Charlotte, Summer Robin/Corrin, Dancer Shigure, Winter Robin (8)
  • 2017 Green: Spring Chrom/Camilla, Summer Tiki/Elise/Xander, Dancer Inigo/Azura, Halloween Henry, Winter Chrom/Lissa, NY Azura (11)
  • 2017 Colorless: Bride Cordelia/Lyn, Summer Gaius/Frederick, Dancer Olivia, Halloween Sakura/Jakob, NY Takumi (8)
  • 2018 Red: Bride Tharja, Summer Tana/Tiki, Dancer Micaiah, Halloween Myrrh, NY Hrid/Gunnthra (7)
  • 2018 Blue: Valentine's Lyn, Spring Catria, Bride Ninian, Summer Cordelia/Camilla, Dancer Ryoma, Halloween Niles, Winter Ephraim (8)
  • 2018 Green: Valentine's Hector/Lilina, Spring Alfonse/Sharena, Bride Sanaki, Summer Innes, Dancer Elincia, Halloween Kagero, Christmas Fae, NY Fjorm (10)
  • 2018 Colorless: Valentine's Roy, Spring Kagero, Summer Noire/Linde/Takumi, Dancer Xander, Halloween Mia, Christmas Eirika, NY Laevatein (9)

For 2017, I'm missing 2/4 red, 4/8 blue, 6/11 green, and 5/8 colorless. For 2018, I'm missing 4/7 red, 4/8 blue, 5/10 green, and 7/9 colorless. Looks like colorless gives me the best odds of a new unit on both cases, but they aren't the ones I'm as interested in.

Thinking more on this, I'd say my personal priority order is:

2017: Green > Red > Colorless > Blue

2018: Red > Colorless > Blue > Green

Highest priorities for the units I'm missing are Lissa for 2017 and Myrrh for 2018, which works.

If the Dragonflowers are player end only, it's a nice buff, but if it also appears on enemy units in Arena and Aether Raids, it's a stealth nerf on the player end that you have to use just to maintain your current power level.  Everyone will buff up their Arena and Aether Defense teams, but you can't do that with your bonus unit every week.

I actually don't like the AR change. My whole issue with AR is that I hate playing it. Right now I only have to play the mode like 10 times a week even assuming I fuck up badly.

That said, the tier difference in flower acquisition isn't too high. (It looks like 1 extra flower/week per tier, with a base of ~30 at T21, so as long as the rank rewards aren't too harsh I'll just potato through the mode.)

Also, from the way the flower stuff is worded, Nailah can get +2 all stats, since she was released 'up to now.' I do like her for her performance, and this will make using her ultra-mega easy mode. But the problem is that Nailah existing means that I'll probably never bring Selena to any serious mode. Their overlap in terms of what they do is just way too high.

Edit: @Rezzy AR teams carry tons of dead-weight anyway, so the bonus unit flower thing doesn't matter too much. Eir could be level 1 and still do 95% of her job in the teams I'm running her on. Admittedly, my type of team very much isn't the kind of team she's supposed to be on.

Edited by DehNutCase

Now that I think about it. It could take a while to upgrade an old infantry unit 10 times.
The cost increases like this 40+80+120+160+200 = 600 for 5 times.
I guess for Infantry units it could be either calculated differently or maybe caped at 200 for each time after 5? That would be 1600 Dragonflowers? Or are the costs cut in half so it remains at 600 overall?

Edited by Stroud

17 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Free 5* is nice. Seasonals are meh. Guess colorless for 2018. No clue for 2017. Looking over the list, I'm realizing there are basically none that I want that I don't have. Maybe grey again in hopes of getting Bride Lyn so I can give Loki Dazzling Staff?

I'll bet money the four heroes end up being:

Red: Tibarn
Blue: L!Azura
Green: Surtr (maybe W!Fae)
Colorless: Duma

Of those, it'll be very tough to pick between Tibarn, Duma, and Azura. Azura would be the smart pick, but personally, Duma and Tibarn >> her. Tibarn would be something I don't have, but Duma would be more useful in AR, which I already suck at.

All-in-all, pretty meh.

That does seem likely. I already have Tibarn, Surtr, and Duma, so in that case I'll go for Azura. Which is what I was expecting to get out of a normal A Hero Rises event anyway, so that works out nicely. Guess she's the one I'll cast my votes for, to help make sure of it.

Dragonflowers are nice. Not a huge game-changer, but handing out extra stats is at least useful, and infantry can really use that additional boost.

I'm liking the Aether Raids changes. It's a bit crummy that you still have to play at least 2 or 3 runs on Tuesday, but it's better than having to play every single day.

The addition of new tiers is also reasonably thought out. It makes it so that there's actual motivation to earn points even once you've secured your spot in Tier 21.

I guess the only thing that bugs me is that the changes make it so that I no longer get the break I was so looking forward to. Oh well.

Not only am I highly salty that they're not rerunning Elise and Leo's BHB Banner but I'm MORE salty that they are rerunning Seliph and Julia's when they JUST had a Refine Banner with all three of those units on it. Not to mention, the Ike and Soren Banner was not even that long ago~ Like how TF did they decide which Banners they were going to rerun, SIGH~

For the Special Heroes banners,

First banner will have a total of 31 units with :

Spoiler
  • 4 Reds
    • Summer Leo
    • Halloween Nowi
    • Winter Tharja
    • New Year Camilla
  • 8 Blues
    • Spring Xander
    • Spring Lucina
    • Bridal Caeda
    • Bridal Charlotte
    • Summer F!Robin
    • Summer F!Corrin
    • Performing Arts Shigure
    • Winter M!Robin
  • 11 Greens
    • Spring Chrom
    • Spring Camilla
    • Summer A!Tiki
    • Summer Xander
    • Summer Elise
    • Performing Arts Inigo
    • Performing Arts Azura
    • Halloween Henry
    • Winter Chrom
    • Winter Lissa
    • New Year Azura
  • 8 Colorless
    • Bridal Cordelia
    • Bridal Lyn
    • Summer Gaius
    • Summer Frederick
    • Performing Arts Olivia
    • Halloween Jakob
    • Halloween Sakura
    • New Year Takumi

Second banner will have a total of 34 units with :

Spoiler
  • 7 Reds
    • Bridal Tharja
    • Summer Tana
    • Summer Y!Tiki
    • Hoshidan Festival Micaiah
    • Halloween Myrrh
    • New Year Hrid
    • New Year Gunnthra
  • 8 Blues 
    • Valentines Lyn
    • Spring Catria
    • Bridal Ninian
    • Summer Cordelia
    • Summer Camilla
    • Hoshidan Festival Ryoma
    • Halloween Niles
    • Winter Ephraim
  • 10 Greens
    • Valentines Lillina
    • Valentines Hector
    • Spring Alfonse
    • Spring Sharena
    • Bridal Sanaki
    • Summer Innes
    • Hoshidan Festival Elincia
    • Halloween Kagero
    • Winter Fae
    • New Year Fjorm
  • 9 Colorless
    • Valentines Roy
    • Spring Kagero
    • Summer Noire
    • Summer Linde
    • Summer Takumi
    • Hoshidan Festival Xander
    • Halloween Mia
    • Winter Eirika
    • New Year Laevatain 

Edited by LuxSpes

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

That does seem likely. I already have Tibarn, Surtr, and Duma, so in that case I'll go for Azura. Which is what I was expecting to get out of a normal A Hero Rises event anyway, so that works out nicely. Guess she's the one I'll cast my votes for, to help make sure of it.

Yeah, this has kind of given me motivation to summon on Duma. Feb doesn't seem to have anything I'll want, a month is plenty of orbs for FE6, and having to choose between Duma and Tibarn will be a lot harder than Tibarn and Azura.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The addition of new tiers is also reasonably thought out. It makes it so that there's actual motivation to earn points even once you've secured your spot in Tier 21.

You can't see me right now, but I'm flipping motivation a big middle finger. I'm just going to potato AR until I get tons more free time.

That said, another patch of this kind and AR should be basically auto-pilot for me in terms of difficulty. (Flowers are absurd for the more recent infantry like Nailah---and the dragon Corrins have 168 BST to start with, so they might end up being pretty great too.)

24 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Like how TF did they decide which Banners they were going to rerun, SIGH~

They picked one BHB banner to represent each game from the looks of it except for 3/12 I guess since Minerva & Maria is the only Archanean BHB we've gotten so far.

Edited by Tybrosion

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They picked one BHB banner to represent each game from the looks of it except for 3/12 I guess since Minerva & Maria is the only Archanean BHB we've gotten so far.

I'm still salty

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'm still salty

That's perfectly fair, given they could've split Fates up between its three versions and have Leo & Elise for Conquest and Corrin (M) & Azura (or Corrin and his daughter) for Rev.