Special Heroes - 2017 (Feb 1 ~) & 2018 (Feb 8 ~) Free Summoning Event! Which colour will you choose?

Coolmanio

8e4v9mwho2e21.png

EVERYONE IS HERE! (Sorry, I had to)

As announced on our surprised anniversary FEH Channel, we will be getting 2 anniversary presents! One banner will include all the special heroes from 2017 and the other from 2018! You are GUARENTEED a 5* unit!....

The catch is, you can only pick a colour! Not a specific unit! So summoners, who are you going to go for? 

2017 Heroes

Spoiler

550px-Banner_Focus_Spring_Festival.png?v550px-Banner_Focus_Bridal_Blessings.png?550px-Banner_Focus_Ylissean_Summer.png?v550px-Banner_Focus_Nohrian_Summer.png?ve550px-Banner_Focus_Performing_Arts.png?v550px-Banner_Focus_Trick_or_Defeat.png?v550px-Banner_Focus_Winters_Envoy.png?ver550px-Banner_Focus_Happy_New_Year.png?ve

2018 Heroes

Spoiler

550px-Banner_Focus_Love_Abounds.png?vers550px-Banner_Focus_Hares_at_the_Fair.png550px-Banner_Focus_Bridal_Bloom.png?vers550px-Banner_Focus_Summers_Arrival.png?v550px-Banner_Focus_A_Sketchy_Summer.png?550px-Banner_Focus_Festival_in_Hoshido.p550px-Banner_Focus_The_Lands_Bounty.png?550px-Banner_Focus_Gifts_of_Winter.png?v550px-Banner_Focus_New_Years_of_Fire_and

Edited by Coolmanio

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't even get to entirely pick a color as far as I can tell, it seems to run on the same "unit first, hide behind color" as normal summoning.  So there's a chance that the color you want won't show, and unlike normal summoning, there is absolutely zero way to retry.  If you fail the first time to get the right color, you totally flunked.

I'll probably go colorless on both.  If I can.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Aside from the guaranteed 5*, it looks to be your standard summoning, so you may not even get the color you want.  I already mentioned my issues with this in the other thread, but I believe I'll prioritize the colors like so:

2017 Pool: Green > Colorless > Red > Blue.  Main targets for me are Henry, Lissa, and Jakob.  Olivia, Lyn, and NY!Azura wouldn't be bad consolation prizes either.  Red and Blue are pretty much worthless to me.

2018 Pool: Red > Colorless > Blue > Green.  Red has Myrrh, Micaiah, and there's some good Colorless options in Mia and Eirika.  There's not many duds in the 2018 pool, I just don't want something I already have, or any of the easter, bride, or summer units. 

Edited by DLNarshen

I'm not the biggest fan of seasonal units in the first place, but I guess I'll go for Gray, assuming I get any Grays, since my Bridelia has come in handy since I first got her, and most of the seasonals I like seem to be bows or staves.

Red or blue on the first since those two colors are ones I don't have,  green or blue on the second because those two have the units I want.  I really hope that I get lucky with my colors since I will be stuck with what I get.  I would have rather this had been that "legendary" banner in the datamine, but I will take what I get.

I want to grab a Tharja from both.

But the first banner has Nowi, Camilla, and Leo sharing the red colour with her (assuming a red orb even appears)… and the second one is even worse with Tiki, Micaiah, Myrrh, Gunnthrá, Hríd, Tana all sharing the colour. Damn it.

Year 1:

Red - No one. If I get completely boned and have all red, I'll hope for a Summer Leo since tomato. Maybe a Winter Tharja for good fodder. I'd say NY!Camilla, but I already have a red flier on my flying team, and I'm not about to build a second one. 

Blue - Not a priority, but I'd grab either Caeda, Summer Robin or Summer Corrin since I like their art.

Green - The main priority. Summer Tiki for the art, PA!Azura and NY!Azura for the merges, and winter Chrom/Lissa since I hear they're good.

Colorless - Secondary priority, since these are the actual good units. Bridal Cordelia, Halloween Jakob. That's it. I already have Soup Takumi, and I don't even use him so I don't need a second one.

Year 2:

Red - Tana for the art, Michiah for dancer and art, and Gunthra since I hear she's good.

Blue - Summer Camilla and Winter Ephraim, mainly for art. Lowest priority. 

Green - Valentine's Hector for merges, Elincia for dancer and art, and Innes, Sanaki, and Valentine's Lilina for art

Colorless - Rabbit Kagero and Summer Takumi for memes, Noire and Winter Eirika for a back-burner choice, and Halloween Mia for the prize.

So Green for year one, and really any of them for year two. I'd say the pecking order is Red/Green>Colorless>Blue. 

Looking at all the seasonal's laid out like this made me realize how I barely have any of the Red ones.

Priority Order, based on the probability of how I am less likely to pull a duplicate unit:

2017: Red/Blue/Colourless/Green

2018: Red/Green/Colourless/Blue

OK, definitely colorless on the first session for me. Of the eight possible units I only have two, so I'm sticking with the color that gives me the best odds of getting a new one. As long as I don't pull Frederick or Takumi, I'm cool. For all other colors I'm missing two units, so if I don't get colorless I'm going for red, then green.

Here's the list in case you want to check your odds.

Red

Summer Leo
Halloween Nowi
Winter Tharja
Hoshidan Summer Camilla

Blue

Spring Xander
Spring Lucina
Bridal Caeda
Bridal Charlotte
Summer F!Robin
Summer F!Corrin
Performing Shigure
Winter M!Robin

Green

Spring Chrom
Spring Camilla
Summer A!Tiki
Summer Xander
Summer Elise
Performing Inigo
Performing Azura
Halloween Henry
Winter Chrom
Winter Lissa
Hoshidan Summer Azura

Colorless

Bridal Lyn
Bridal Cordelia
Summer Gaius
Summer Frederick
Performing Olivia
Halloween Jakob
Halloween Sakura
Hoshidan Summer Takumi

Edited by Jave

Blue (or green if none show up) for the first, colorless for the second. The first year’s an easy pick, as all but one of the ones I really want are blue. Year two there isn’t anyone in particular I really want because I was lucky enough to get most of who I pulled for, but colorless has the most interesting ones for me (plus the ones I wouldn’t mind duplicates of).

Red for year 1 because I have none of those units and I still low-key want W!Tharja even if she's not OP anymore (and if she's -Atk then W!Eirika will get CC).

For year 2 it's either Colorless to gamble for another W!Eirika, Blue for B!Ninian or Red for S!Micaiah. The problem with this banner is that I have at least 3 heroes from each color so the odds of me getting a dud are extremely high.

Of course Shrodinger's Orb is going to drive me crazy if I get two gray orbs and agonize over which one I'm going to pick, since I can only pick one.

Year 1
Reds: 4/4
Blues: 5/8; Missing: Xander, Caeda, Charlotte
Greens: 11/11
Colorless: 7/8; Missing: Gaius, also do not currently have a Bride Lyn but previously did

Year 2
Reds: 5/7; Missing: if you know me, you'll know exactly which two I don't have
Blues: 4/8; Missing: Lyn, Ninian, Ryoma, Ephraim
Greens: 7/10; Missing: Fae and two insignificant OCs
Colorless: 6/9; Missing: Roy, Linde, Alolan Severa

So just based off this, I'd be wise to go blue for both if I want a seasonal I don't have. If I can't get a blue for either, then my priority would be Colorless > Red > Green for Year 1 and Green > Colorless > Red for Year 2.

For both years, colorless has the biggest fraction of units I'm missing, but not of units I actually want.

My priorities:

2017: Green > Red > Colorless > Blue

2018: Red > Colorless > Blue > Green

Huh. That's actually quite a similar order between the two years, just with green dropping all the way down to the bottom for 2018.

Biggest hopes for me are Lissa and Myrrh.

Yikes, this is a hard call. For 2017, It's either red or green. I'm missing 2 out of 4 reds, and 6 out of 11 Greens. My highest priority of those are Winter Tharja and Summer Elise, since those are Valor skills I'm missing. Even though I reasonably shouldn't care since I just dump a blessing on any high cost unit that I raise and SP grinding is much easier now than it was in 2017. So ultimately I should nab the red if one appears, but the most likely scenario is I'll be picking a green due to the low odds of a red appearing in the first place.

For 2018 it's a much easier pick. I am missing all seven of the red seasonals from 2018. If no reds appear I really can't go wrong with the remaining colors since at most I own four of the ten green options.

I have to say this event kind of bums me out. I was crossing my fingers for a 4 star summoning event for these units, at least the 2017 ones. Or perhaps adding old seasonals to the Holy Grails section. But I guess I shouldn't complain, my collection isn't going to fill itself out.

Edited by Glennstavos

I wish I could just who I get, but oh well. It'll be colorless (H!Sakura/H!Jakob) for the first one, not sure about back up color. I'd go red, but I don't want to get another S!Leo, since he would be fodder. For the second one, colorless (W!Eirika) with a back up of blue (Dancer Ryoma/B!Ninian)

Edited by Poimagic