Special Heroes - 2017 (Feb 1 ~) & 2018 (Feb 8 ~) Free Summoning Event! Which colour will you choose?

Coolmanio

Meh, bride Cordelia. Hello feathers I guess. I already have her and don't really care to give her merges. Should've been able to get Summer Frederick.

This is why we should've just been able to pick an actual hero, not just the color. There are too many, so it's too random and you have a high chance of getting someone you already have or don't want. And the IVs won't even always be neutral? Yeah, screw that too. Worst anniversary event ever.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were two blue stones and one of them gave me Summer Corrin, one of the seasonals I wanted most! She’s +hp -atk but I’m not gonna complain about getting a character I’ve wanted since her debut for free. 

Here’s hoping the next one goes well!

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I got Summer Leo, I got robbed. Oh well... attack ploy fodder and 5k Hero Merit.

So many people got Leo but didn't want him, and I wanted him but didn't get him.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

So many people got Leo but didn't want him, and I wanted him but didn't get him.

Well for collection purposes I wanted him, but he is not doing to do much outside of waiting to be farmed then foddered.

Plus I thought you would get an orb of each color, instead I got like 4 green and one red so... yeah.

Picked colorless in hopes of getting PA!Olivia. merges for halloween Jakob or bridal Cordelia would have been cool too, or bridal Lyn for skill fodder for Lucius. Got summer Frederick instead which... I guess I'm fine with? I have no idea what to do with him though.

It's unfortunate they made these banners be random like that. At least they could have made sure we get a full choice of color, but alas. free 5* is still free 5* at least.

I'm hoping to be able to go red (the only color I didn't get today) on the 2018 seasonals banner. Main price would be New Year's Hrid, but New year's Gunnthra, summer Tana/Tiki, halloween Myrrh or summer Micaiah merge would all be okay too. If I don't get any red, green > colorless > blue would be the order of desirablity.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster

Darn not having the colours you want is so annoying. Yeah I wanted colourless on my second account (Bridelia pls) but somehow got 4 greens and 1 red instead -___-. The one time you don't want greens (and I already have Tharja anyway so red is meh)

And the green was Summer Tiki who I already had...but somehow with a worse +Res/-Atk (my original one is +Def/-Spd). I don't particularly use her too often (mostly for Axe Valour and some AA matches), so the +3 Spd isn't that important.

I guess I could fodder Melon Crusher (does anyone want that these days) or Close Def?

As for my main, I at least got 2 colourless (Jakob pls). Got NY Takumi instead which...is at least new (and thankfully not another Sakura). +Atk/-Spd though so a bit mixed. Can't even fix the bane because the banner rerun just ended but oh well, he's new.

--- 

Hoping for colourless for the second round for flying Mia so I can skip her legendary banner. Might go red for Micaiah if no colourless.

I was fortunate enough to get Green, just got a unit I already had~ I only had 1/11 shot for a better S!Elise so I can't be too upset about it~ But the fact that we can't choose is quite annoying. Sorry you got a repeat, too~ I guess save her for now, see if anyone can use one of her Skills. NY Taku is nice, at least~

I'm also planning to go Colorless for the next Banner~

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Could have been Spring Xander.

I got Summer Xander who is also not good. Haha. Poor Xander.

But yeah, I wanted PA!Azura (for a merge), but did not getttt her unfortunately. But I guess Infantry Rush from Xander will be useful for one of my infantry teams, so fodder is always helpful.

For the next round, gonna do Red (if I GET a red orb, since it's just random which is weird).

I had one blue, and some greens. and colourles
Blue would have been nice (Charlotte/Shigure) but Xander scared me.
I wanted Tiki and Sakura. 

I got Elise +atk. 
which is great. I mostly use lewyn - but now i have a green unit ready for bladetome use. (while my intention is still building a +10 nino, this can do and having Green Tome Valour is always nice). 

Hmm. After getting burned by a duplicate Halloween Nowi on the first one, I'm starting to rethink my approach for the second.

I was planning on going for red, in hopes of getting Myrrh or Tiki, to have a flying or armored red dragon, and Myrrh in particular seems really strong. That's only 28% odds, though, with 43% odds of getting a duplicate. The duplicates all have decent skill inheritance, but even Hrid's isn't something I have that much need for. (Although I do have Tana and Micaiah do a lot of heavy lifting, so they'd be able to get good use out of a merge, and Micaiah in particular would appreciate losing the HP bane. Still, I don't like prioritizing upgrading old units over getting new ones.)

On the other hand, colorless would drop my odds of getting a duplicate down to 22%. Linde is the only unit with a type I'm missing, so just 11% odds, but also my last concrete color-independent type rather than just another slightly different dragon. Also, Mia and Eirika are the two duplicates, and they have pretty sweet skills to offer. Still, that's probably less significant than a Micaiah merge, and maybe even a Tana merge. Also, the other six possibilities (Roy, Kagero, Noire, Takumi, Xander, and Laevatein) aren't too exciting... but they're still new units. Hrm.

Well, I've still got a week to decide, and even then it won't even matter unless both red and colorless show up anyway. I guess the most accurate approach would be to rank the units for each color, and then figure out what each unit would compare to with an equal amount of luck in the other color, and figure out when that is or isn't preferable?

My options were: 2 Colourless, 2 Greens, and 1 Blue circle. I picked the blue circle and ended up getting a +Res/-Speed... Winter Robin. If I ever felt like using him I'll most likely give him Quick Reposte, use one of the M!Kana for Brazen Def/Res for tanky build. I'm not upset by what I got, I could have been worse. I hope I get Red for the second banner.

My plan was to pull from the colorless or red pool, but that plan got dashed pretty quickly when my session consisted of 4 green orbs and 1 blue. Decided to for green and ended up with my second copy of PA!Azura. Not all that exciting considering that she has nothing of value to fodder. At least she has a better nature with +Atk/-Res compared to +HP/-Def, but it's not like being +1 and +Atk will make her substantially more useful than before since I use her mostly as a support unit.

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I was over in my corner kinda hoping to get him just so I could have every alt of each Nohr royal. I can at least say I did get a blue bunny.

Same here. I was hoping for SF!Xander, but I got a neutral SF!Lucina. At least it is a free 5* Hero. I hope I can get him when the Spring Festival Focus comes around again.

I hope I will get LA!Lilina or LA!Lyn for the next free summon, but I am not expecting to get them either.

I hope I can fully complete my Special Heroes collection this year.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Meh, bride Cordelia. Hello feathers I guess. I already have her and don't really care to give her merges. Should've been able to get Summer Frederick.

This is why we should've just been able to pick an actual hero, not just the color. There are too many, so it's too random and you have a high chance of getting someone you already have or don't want. And the IVs won't even always be neutral? Yeah, screw that too. Worst anniversary event ever.

Once you merge, the unit will have its Flaw fixed in the upcoming update. If either of your BB!Cordelias got a -Atk or -Spd, merging will fix that and be a huge boon to her offensive power. At the bare minimum, it will give her much needed bulk, so even if she is not +Atk/Spd, her +HP/Def/Res will help her eat counterattacks.

Sending units home for Feathers is generally the worst way to utilize extra Heroes in my opinion as players can now just turn them into Manuals instead if they need space. The measly 1,000 Feathers is nothing compared to a stat gain of +2 or +5 if it is the first merge. Even units like Oboro and Virion are better off being turned into Manuals so you can obtain their Weapons, Assists, and/or Specials to more efficiently utilize more valuable fodder like Roderick, Sothe, and Barst.

Oboro > Roderick
Rally Def > Firesweep L, Firesweep L+, Rally Spd/Def

Virion/Hana > Sothe > Barst
Night Sky, Life and Death 2 > Glimmer, Life and Death 3, Spur Attack 1 > Reposition, Spur Attack 3

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Once you merge, the unit will have its Flaw fixed in the upcoming update. If either of your BB!Cordelias got a -Atk or -Spd, merging will fix that and be a huge boon to her offensive power. At the bare minimum, it will give her much needed bulk, so even if she is not +Atk/Spd, her +HP/Def/Res will help her eat counterattacks.

Sending units home for Feathers is generally the worst way to utilize extra Heroes in my opinion as players can now just turn them into Manuals instead if they need space. The measly 1,000 Feathers is nothing compared to a stat gain of +2 or +5 if it is the first merge. Even units like Oboro and Virion are better off being turned into Manuals so you can obtain their Weapons, Assists, and/or Specials to more efficiently utilize more valuable fodder like Roderick, Sothe, and Barst.

Oboro > Roderick
Rally Def > Firesweep L, Firesweep L+, Rally Spd/Def

Virion/Hana > Sothe > Barst
Night Sky, Life and Death 2 > Glimmer, Life and Death 3, Spur Attack 1 > Reposition, Spur Attack 3

Don't care. I want feathers more than I want Cordelia merges, she has no good skill fodder, and sending home a 5 star gets you 1000 feathers which is a nice amount. Also, you're too late anyway, I already threw her away and I don't regret it. Loving the feathers! Oh, and just to point out, neither Cordelia was +Atk, +Spd, -Atk, or -Spd. One was +HP, -Res and the one I got today was neutral. Merging would've only given her Res which doesn't help because her Res is shit no matter what.

What the hell do those other units have to do with anything?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Hmm. After getting burned by a duplicate Halloween Nowi on the first one, I'm starting to rethink my approach for the second.

I was planning on going for red, in hopes of getting Myrrh or Tiki, to have a flying or armored red dragon, and Myrrh in particular seems really strong. That's only 28% odds, though, with 43% odds of getting a duplicate. The duplicates all have decent skill inheritance, but even Hrid's isn't something I have that much need for. (Although I do have Tana and Micaiah do a lot of heavy lifting, so they'd be able to get good use out of a merge, and Micaiah in particular would appreciate losing the HP bane. Still, I don't like prioritizing upgrading old units over getting new ones.)

On the other hand, colorless would drop my odds of getting a duplicate down to 22%. Linde is the only unit with a type I'm missing, so just 11% odds, but also my last concrete color-independent type rather than just another slightly different dragon. Also, Mia and Eirika are the two duplicates, and they have pretty sweet skills to offer. Still, that's probably less significant than a Micaiah merge, and maybe even a Tana merge. Also, the other six possibilities (Roy, Kagero, Noire, Takumi, Xander, and Laevatein) aren't too exciting... but they're still new units. Hrm.

Well, I've still got a week to decide, and even then it won't even matter unless both red and colorless show up anyway. I guess the most accurate approach would be to rank the units for each color, and then figure out what each unit would compare to with an equal amount of luck in the other color, and figure out when that is or isn't preferable?

So, my way of visualizing my rankings is:

1. Linde | Myrrh
  2. Xander | Tiki
  3. Laevatein
  4. Roy | Tharja
  5. Takumi | Gunnthra
  6. Noire | Micaiah
  7. Kagero
  8. Eirika | Tana
  9. Mia | Hrid

A bit rough, but accurate enough rankings, I think.

• Linde: 11% Myrrh. Linde is a better fit collection-wise, but Myrrh is way more powerful, and there will be other dagger cavalry. Hell, there's one available right now, although I'd prefer to avoid that banner.
  • Xander: 3% Myrrh, 8% Tiki. I'd like Xander, but compared to my unit type collection, he's not really in his league.
  • Laevatein: 6% Tiki, 5% Tharja. Dragons still win, and I like Tharja's dress.
  • Roy: 10% Tharja, 1% Gunnthra. Tharja's dress still wins. I like her skill set, too. Gunnthra has little overlap but I'd give it to her as well.
  • Takumi: 12% Gunnthra. Gunnthra wins by not being redundant with what I already have.
  • Noire: 1% Gunnthra, 10% Micaiah. Loses to Gunnthra. Honestly, I'm not sure her being new is enough to give it to her over Micaiah. New unit I don't care about vs small upgrade for one of my main Aether Raids units.
  • Kagero: 5% Micaiah, 6% Tana. See Noire. I feel like Tana could turn it into a toss-up if she's +Atk or +Spd, since that's an upgrade to my existing Tana's +Res, but removing her -Def isn't worth more than a new unit. I guess I could make a case that this part of Tana's ranking roughly corresponds to the good natures?
  • Eirika: 8% Tana, 3% Hrid. If I say that this is the Tanas that aren't +Atk or +Spd, this is finally a real victory for colorless. But it's a pretty small one, honestly.
  • Mia: 11% Hrid. I... think Mia wins this one? Who knows. Even narrower than Eirika.

This doesn't look particularly good for colorless. Red is a lot better if I actually get a new one, and even in the 21% chance where I'd get a duplicate in red but not in colorless, red gets useful merges while colorless gets units I don't really like. Colorless has a small win at the bottom of the list, with duplicates for both, but who even cares about that.

It's a bit of a strange hypothetical, but I like thinking about things this way. Fully applying this approach, I might have gone colorless over red on the 2017 one, although it ends up inconsequential for what I got. (Nowi would correspond to a duplicate Jakob or Gaius, which is either just as bad or worse.)

Edited by Othin

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't care. I want feathers more than I want Cordelia merges, she has no good skill fodder, and sending home a 5 star gets you 1000 feathers which is a nice amount. Also, you're too late anyway, I already threw her away and I don't regret it. Loving the feathers!

The average player is also being showered thousands of Feathers every week, so Feathers are amongst the least valuable currency, with only Crystals and Badges being more worthless. 1,000 Feather cannot even promote a single 3* to a 4*. Between gaining 2/5 points in stats permanently and promoting half a unit, the permanent stat boost is a lot more valuable since it can help players tackle more difficult content like Abyssal difficulty.

BB!Cordelia also got Rally Atk/Spd, which is super helpful in Arena for your cheerleaders to buff your Bonus units.

If you really want those Feathers, then it is all fine and good. It is just that I see so many players have trouble with more difficult content in the game that could have been avoided if they simply just held on to stuff instead of sending things home on a whim.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What the hell do those other units have to do with anything?

I am highlighting the fact that sending units home is the worst way to utilize extra copies of characters. Even characters with little value in Skill Inheritance are valuable enough to be turned into Manuals since they no longer take up any space.

Today I got a +hp -atk  Summer Leo the only red I didn't want with an even lower attack. The quality of the units for the banner is too high from amazing to utter crap. It's like the GSSR banners in FGO but even worse when IVs are in the picture. 

@XRay I think arena medals are the most useless. I'm taking their absence in your post as confirmation. :D:

Tried to get an armored bow unit on the first Halloween banner, but got two Sakuras instead. Got another one randomly on a legendary banner. On the 5* Seasonal banner: red has good skills and good odds, but no red orbs appear. I have only one of the colorless here, and many look useful, so let's try that. Oh...

Edited by Tree

I was a bit iffy on what to pull on. I am missing two of the reds. 3 greens. 1 blue and 1 colorless.

Reds - best chance to get a new unit, but neither Leo nor Camilla excite me much. And more Nowi and Tharja is just kinda meh.

Greens - I am missing both Chroms and Summer Adult Tiki. I really would like Adult Tiki since I don't have that valor yet. Bunch of good units. Potentially reasonable fodder and I wouldn't mind a merge on many of them. But is the most bloated hero count.

Blues -  Caeda. She has been avoiding me ever since she appeared. She isn't exactly a huge priority. Neither fodder nor merges excite me.

Colorless - Missing Frederick. Merges wouldn't be terrible. Could fix natures.

So green and colorless are my priorities. I get two greens. Two blues and a red. I pick a green and get Gifted Leader Chrom. Tiki would have been preferred, but I didn't have him yet so that is a plus. +RES/-SPD so not a terrible boon/bane combo. I am satisfied I guess.

Round two will be tricky though.  I lack the most in green, but merge and skill wise I feel meh towards them. Colorless is my second biggest lack. But again I don't care much about that which I am missing. Blue comes in third in lack and I would like to merge my Ephraim up and I certainly wouldn't say no to another Catria. Red though has the most excitement merge wise. My Tiki really wants to neutralize her attack bane and Myrrh is just my fav. In addition while I may not be missing a huge number, the smaller pool means I have nearly a 50% chance of getting something new. But other than Gunny they don't excite me much. Still I am leaning red.