Special Heroes - 2017 (Feb 1 ~) & 2018 (Feb 8 ~) Free Summoning Event! Which colour will you choose?

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Tree said:

I think arena medals are the most useless. I'm taking their absence in your post as confirmation. :D:

Yeah, those too. I am sitting on 47,561 right now and the pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It is only a matter of time before it gets as big as my Crystal and Shard piles.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

The average player is also being showered thousands of Feathers every week, so Feathers are amongst the least valuable currency, with only Crystals and Badges being more worthless. 1,000 Feather cannot even promote a single 3* to a 4*. Between gaining 2/5 points in stats permanently and promoting half a unit, the permanent stat boost is a lot more valuable since it can help players tackle more difficult content like Abyssal difficulty.

BB!Cordelia also got Rally Atk/Spd, which is super helpful in Arena for your cheerleaders to buff your Bonus units.

If you really want those Feathers, then it is all fine and good. It is just that I see so many players have trouble with more difficult content in the game that could have been avoided if they simply just held on to stuff instead of sending things home on a whim.

Deciding to hold onto ONE duplicate unit isn't going to suddenly make certain abyssal or infernal maps easier. Besides, Bride Cordelia isn't nearly as good as she once was. She's pretty meh overall now and I don't even use her much anymore.

Yes, I really wanted those feathers because I have a few merge projects. Specifically female Robin, male Morgan, and Silas.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am highlighting the fact that sending units home is the worst way to utilize extra copies of characters. Even characters with little value in Skill Inheritance are valuable enough to be turned into Manuals since they no longer take up any space.

You didn't need to go into all that detail though, I get it. I'm not a noob. And anyway, Cordelia is better off as feathers than a manual because she has no good skills. Even her normal version is better since she comes with T-Adept and Galeforce. Feathers I'll use. Any of Bride Cordelia's skills, I won't.

Edited by Anacybele

I was hoping for some red stones so I could get NY Camilla or Winter Tharja. I just got Green and Colorless however, went for green and got Summer Tiki. Uh well I didn't have her before, so I will take it.

Welp, that was a wasted summon. I got the only unit I didn't want, being Spring Camilla. There were two greens, and I picked the one with Spring Camilla. My terrible luck is only matched by my apathy towards this.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Deciding to hold onto ONE duplicate unit isn't going to suddenly make certain abyssal or infernal maps easier

I know 2/5 points in stats might not look like much, but every little bit helps. Sometimes one or two stat points is all the difference between beating a harder difficulty immediately versus having to try to find another strategy or inheriting more buffs. Even if you do not use her often, it is still helpful to have a variety of built up units on the bench just in case when you need it. Having better Rally skills also makes it easier to score higher in Arena, and her Rally Atk/Spd makes it a lot easier for Bonus units to secure kills.

We get 200 Feathers daily, plus whatever amount we get from events, so 1,000 Feathers will only speed up merge time by 2 or 3 days at most. Being patient and waiting a few more days is worth it to make the game easier in the long run in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I know 2/5 points in stats might not look like much, but every little bit helps. Sometimes one or two stat points is all the difference between beating a harder difficulty immediately versus having to try to find another strategy or inheriting more buffs. Even if you do not use her often, it is still helpful to have a variety of built up units on the bench just in case when you need it. Having better Rally skills also makes it easier to score higher in Arena, and her Rally Atk/Spd makes it a lot easier for Bonus units to secure kills.

We get 200 Feathers daily, plus whatever amount we get from events, so 1,000 Feathers will only speed up merge time by 2 or 3 days at most. Being patient and waiting a few more days is worth it to make the game easier in the long run in my opinion.

I have better archers to use in arena and the really hard maps. I have better units in general to use in harder maps. I only really use Cordelia in the blessed gardens and arena assault and she's done what I've needed her to there.

And anyway, nothing you say will change anything since like I said, I already got rid of her.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And anyway, nothing you say will change anything since like I said, I already got rid of her.

I know, it is just something to think about in the future. There are often quest requirements that need an infantry unit or just simply having an easier time in Arena with Rally Atk/Spd.

Opened the Special Heroes1 circle to see 4 Greens and 1 Red. Initially I was going to pick green in the hopes of nabbing Axura or NYAzura (or WLissa for Bold or HHenry for Armor March fodder at worst), but when I saw the huge list of garbage greens, I chickened out. 7 I didn't want vs 4 want/acceptable.

Took the red which was WTharja, the best possible red I could have pulled from the 4 options (I owned none of them, so any would have been great for the 5K feathers from HM farming, but she's the one I deemed most useful). Unfortunately she's +spd -def but whatever, collection purposes and emergency CC fodder if I'm truly desperate.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

I know, it is just something to think about in the future. There are often quest requirements that need an infantry unit or just simply having an easier time in Arena with Rally Atk/Spd.

lol who uses rally skills over stuff like Repo, Swap, etc? I'd be surprised if anyone did. I highly prefer Reposition, Swap, and Draw Back.

It hurts me to see so much disappointment in this thread, this 'gift' really is rubbish :(

I myself got lucky though, went for colorless cause there were only two units I didn't want (Summer Gaius and Frederick) and got H!Jakob with +Def, -HP! Not the one I wanted the most but didn't have him yet and he's a great unit so I'm happy enough.

For the second round:

Red
Units I want: NY!Hrid - 1 unit
Units I don't mind: SY!Tiki, H!Myrrh, B!Tharja - 3 units
Units I already have/don't care for: NY!Gunnthra, Summer Tana, Hoshidan Micaiah - 3 units

Blue
Units I want
: Bridal Ninian, Summer Cordelia - 2 units
Units I don't mind: LA!Lyn, S!Camilla, Winter Ephraim - 3 units
Units I already have/don't care for: Spring Catria, HS!Ryoma, H!Niles - 3 units

Green
Units I want: B!Sanaki, Winter Fae - 2 units
Units I don't mind: LA!Hector, H!Kagero, NY!Fjorm - 3 units
Units I already have/don't care for: LA!Lilina, Spring Alfonse, Spring Shareena, S!Innes, HS!Elincia - 5 units

Colorless
Units I want: H!Mia (for better IVs) - 1 unit
Units I don't mind: S!Linde, S!Takumi, Winter Eirika, NY!Laevatein, HS!Xander - 5 units
Units I already have/don't care for: LA!Roy, Spring Kagero, S!Noire - 3 units

Hmmm this is a really hard choice, none of them really stick out for me when it comes to units I want. Green is a no for sure cause it has the most units I don't care for. Colorless has the most units I like and wouldn't mind, so will maybe just grab that one then but ooffff I just don't know, I need to think about this longer.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

lol who uses rally skills over stuff like Repo, Swap, etc? I'd be surprised if anyone did. I highly prefer Reposition, Swap, and Draw Back.

Many players run Rally skills to have a higher score in Arena. Dual Rallies cost 300 SP, while mobility Assists cost only 150 SP. Combined with other high scoring skills, it allows a player to get into higher tiers of Arena without switching to a higher scoring unit.

SP scoring skill sets are obviously worse than performance skill sets for modes outside of Arena, but getting into a higher Tier in Arena gives you more resources. Additionally, once you score above 720+, enemies actually get easier since they are running SP scoring skill sets too and have crappy performance, so running a performance skill set at that point is just overkill and you want your Bonus unit to get the kills, not your primary cheerleaders.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I almost always use Dual Rally skills over Swap or Draw Back. Almost any team at a given time has two units with Reposition and two units with Dual Rally Skill (if not using a dancer). Everyone has different playing styles, don't be so surprised.

I unthinkingly went straight for colourless, hoping for Bride Lyn. Luckily, the game wasn't too hard on me, giving me Summer Frederick - the only other year 1 colourless that I didn't have.

I might actually think before pulling on year 2's one.

Picked blue in the hopes of getting PA!Shigure or Spring Xander. Other option I considered was green for Halloween Henry or Inigo. Got...Bride Caeda. … Well, free 5* seasonal, so I won't complain, but not only did I already have her (she was my free summon last year when her banner rolled around) but I don't actually like her... Oh well. Maybe in the next banner I'll get someone I'm going for. This was still a generous event on IS' part. :)

24 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

This was still a generous event on IS' part. :)

Well, last year we got 56 more orbs. These two random 5* seasonal summons are worth less than that to me. If you really like seasonal units and also happen to get one you like, then perhaps that is better than 56 orbs. I doubt that is the case for most players. Free orbs and units are still good though even if it isn't as good of a deal as last year. :):

Edited by Tree

Thoughts on next week's summon:

Red: 
Want: B!Tharja, S!Tana, HS!Micaiah
Okay: S!Y!Tiki, H!Myrrh, NY!Gunnthra 
Ugh: NY!Hrid. 

Blue:  
Want: S!Camilla
Okay: LA!Lyn, Bride!Ninian, S!Cordelia, HS!Ryouma, H!Niles, Winter!Ephraim
Ugh: Spring!Catria. 

Green:
Want: Winter!Fae, HS!Elincia
Okay: LA!Hector, LA!Lilina, Spring!Alphonse, S!Innes, H!Kagero, NY!Fjorm, B!Sanaki
Ugh: Spring!Sharena

Colourless:
Want: Sunkumi
Okay: LA!Roy, Spring!Kagero, S!Noire, HS!Xander, H!Mia, Winter!Eirika, NY!Laevatein
Ugh: S!Linde

So my priority will be: Red>Green>Blue=Colourless

Now watch there be only colourless...

13 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Red: 

Blue:  

Green:
Okay: LA!Hector, LA!Lilina, Spring!Alphonse, S!Innes, H!Kagero, NY!Fjorm, B!Sanaki

Colourless:
Okay: LA!Roy, Spring!Kagero, S!Noire, HS!Xander, H!Mia, Winter!Eirika, NY!Laevatein

Looking at that red is easily the best again.  Fewest units, and every single one of them is powerful and has good fodder.  I mean you literally can't lose here, well unless no red orbs show up.  What the hell is with that, there should be one of each color....I mean you can end up with 5 of your least wanted color and be forced with that.

Either way year 2 is much better.  From Performing Arts 1 each seasonal banner has been full of good to great units.  

37 minutes ago, Tree said:

Well, last year we got 56 more orbs. These two random 5* seasonal summons are worth less than that to me. If you really like seasonal units and also happen to get one you like, then perhaps that is better than 56 orbs. I doubt that is the case for most players. Free orbs and units are still good though even if it isn't as good of a deal as last year. :):

Woah, I respect every opinion but hold on a second here. Yes, the fact it's random sucks, but in which universe 56 orbs are better than two 5* heroes? I have seen people so unlucky they got crazy pity rates of 7% only to be pity broken by the trashiest character possible. For how the game works you could spend 100 orbs and get nothing.

Are you arguing that "nothing" is better than two 5 stars? 

Even if you got two seasonals you already have, wouldn't that be better than free orbs to spend on a promising new banner, just to get pitybroken by Mist/Luke/Leo?

Besides, orbs come and go, but we don't know how they are gonna bring back year 1 seasonals. For all we know this could be the last chance to get them at all, making them more valuable than simple currency on principle.

24 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Red: 

Blue:  

Green:

Colourless:

I like your way of organizing this. Think I'll copy and tweak the format.

Red:

Want: H!Myrrh, NY!Gunnthra

Merges: S!Y!Tiki, NY!Hrid

Fodder:

Okay: Summer Tana

Didn't have, didn't care: Bride Tharja,  HS!Micaiah

Don't want and have: 

Blue:  

Want: H!Niles

Merges: HS!Ryoma, Christmas Ephraim

Fodder:

Okay: LA!Lyn, Bride Ninian, Summer Cordelia, Summer Camilla

Didn't have, didn't care: Spring Catria

Don't want and have: 

Green:

Want: Spring Sharena, H!Kagero, NY!Fjorm

Merges: LA!Hector, Spring Alfonse, Summer Innes, Christmas Fae

Fodder:

Okay: LA!Lilina, Bride Sanaki

Didn't have, didn't care: HS!Elincia

Don't want and have: 

Colorless:

Want: H!Mia, Christmas Eirika, NY!Laevatein

Merges: LA!Roy, HS!Xander

Fodder:

Okay: Summer Takumi

Didn't have, didn't care: Spring Kagero, Summer Noire, Summer Linde

Don't want and have: 

Looks like green's the way to go for me (unless I got some of the colors wrong, here.) Though, of the ones in the "want" category, the ones I want the most are red. I'd much rather have a new unit than one I already have, though, and green and colorless are the most plentiful in the "want" category. Tricky.

This format's good for counting your blessings. :)

If we assume a 6% total 5* rate (3% focus, 3% regular pool) and 4 orbs per summon, it takes an average of about 67 orbs to get a 5*. (And not necessarily one you want and/or don't already have, either.)

There are all sorts of confounding factors (unit and banner quality, reliability), but 28 orbs for a 5* sounds like a pretty good trade to me. I wouldn't pay 28 orbs for another roll of the 2017 banner, but I'd definitely do it for the 2018 one.

I got S!Lucina who I did not have, so I will take her even though she won't be replacing Ishtar as my blue infantry mage any time soon.  I am really hoping I get to pull green next week so I have a shot at Hector or Innes since those are the two from last year that I don't have but want.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Picked blue in the hopes of getting PA!Shigure or Spring Xander. Got...Bride Caeda.

31 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I got PA!Shigure today. I was hoping for S!Lucina

16 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I got S!Lucina

lol

50 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Woah, I respect every opinion but hold on a second here. Yes, the fact it's random sucks, but in which universe 56 orbs are better than two 5* heroes? I have seen people so unlucky they got crazy pity rates of 7% only to be pity broken by the trashiest character possible. For how the game works you could spend 100 orbs and get nothing.

Are you arguing that "nothing" is better than two 5 stars? 

Even if you got two seasonals you already have, wouldn't that be better than free orbs to spend on a promising new banner, just to get pitybroken by Mist/Luke/Leo?

Besides, orbs come and go, but we don't know how they are gonna bring back year 1 seasonals. For all we know this could be the last chance to get them at all, making them more valuable than simple currency on principle.

The 3* and 4* units I would get in 56 orbs would provide better skills than the actual 5* I got. The fact that it's two 5*s helps the value somewhat though. The orbs might not directly result in a 5*, but statistically they would contribute to more copies of my target units. For those that don't like most seasonal units, there isn't that much value here. With the color distribution of these particular seasonal units, even trying to get units with useful skills is hard.

The pity percent isn't that big of a deal as far as actually getting units. Honestly, I'd take Mist, Luke, or Leo since I don't have any of those. (I like 5* healers. Luke and Leo would be good for my cavalry brigade, and they both have at least one good skill too.)