Special Heroes - 2017 (Feb 1 ~) & 2018 (Feb 8 ~) Free Summoning Event! Which colour will you choose?

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Why do these guys even have natures anyway?

Because it's basically a normal summoning session with the 5* rate set to 100%. Units with guaranteed neutral natures are all guaranteed acquisitions of that unit, but this is randomly generated even though you're guaranteed a 5*.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled red again, which was actually the color I wanted this time. Got Gunnthra, who I was less interested in than the other three reds I was missing but a lot more than the three I already had. So an exactly middle-of-the-road result, I guess. (In contrast to my duplicate Halloween Nowi from the last one, which was the possibility I had least wanted, and I would have preferred green that time anyway.) Her prf is pretty neat, as well as Joint Hone Spd. Nature is average (+Res, -HP).

Speaking of prfs, I'm struck by how many more red has in this pool than the other colors. If I'm counting it right, 6/7 reds have them (all except Hrid), while it's 2/8 for blue, 4/10 for green, and 0/9 for colorless.

Gunnthra is certainly a better middle-of-the-road pull for me than what the other colors have to offer. In colorless, the only other color I was really considering, it'd be Takumi, who isn't bad but also I don't actually care about him. I have two bow Takumis already, plus a different bow flier, so he's not offering anything I don't already have. For blue and green, I already have half the units, and my last pick of the ones I don't have is still one I'd easily pick Gunnthra over (Cordelia and Alfonse). So I'm certainly happy with my color choice.

Got Hrid, +Spd -Atk so he's not going to be doing anything anytime soon. Pretty much my least-desired unit from red, but not by a huge margin so whatever. At least it wasn't Bride Tharja. Had I known the red was Hrid, I'd probably have gone for grey, but then I'd probably get Noire and be even more disappointed.

I got Summer Tana! I actually didn't have her, yay. ^^ I also don't have as many red mages as I do blue and green. My opinion from before still stands though, that we should've been allowed to pick a unit rather than just a color.

Oh yeah. +Res, -HP, so effectively neutral and that's fine with me. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Seems despite my colorful language, I forgot to say why Dancing Ryoma is such a waste of my time.

Yeah if you've any idea the summoning I did in the Mythic Hero Duma banner, you'd know I got multiple copies of every hero there, Dancing Ryoma included. Even one of the heroes I already had from Blue orbs would have been fine... all the others I had already at least have good weapons, Ephraim at least has Atk/Def Solo and Bold Fighter... but not that one.

Honestly... all they had to fucking do was let us pick any colored orb, not this bullshit...

Edited by Xenomata

Wanted VRoy and got a +Spd/-Res Happy Takumi.  

It’s not a perfect result, but I’ll take it.  The nature is basically exactly what Happy Takumi wants, and I do like Takumi well enough.

please be nice LA rerun, wherever you are.

I was going to pull red or blue, but all I got were green and colorless. Didn’t want to risk getting child bride Sanaki or bunnies so I went with colorless. Only two there I really want to avoid. ...and of course it’s a fucking bunny. 

So that makes both free seasonals awkward units I’ll never use. 

Got stuck with an all green summoning ring that gave NY!Fjorm, the only green unit I didn't care about because I already had her. And she's neutral like my first. I'd fodder her, but I can't think of any unit that would vastly improved by getting any of her skills.

So when I take into account the duplicate PA!Azura I got from the previous one, I can't say I'm all that impressed with this celebration gift. I would have taken the 50 orbs they gave us last year instead.

i'm in the group of no red luck, especially since I wanted to pull red this time -_-

Well, let's see who it is...

...Alfonse. Really? Well, guess I used all my luck on the Devoted banner. And I can give Def Smoke to someone. Back to saving for Hríd and Summer Micaiah.

Got wtharja in the first session (1 red 4 greens)
Got bulgephonse in the second session (2 green 2 blue 1 colorless)

Average luck overall I guess, but I didn't own either of these so that's a win in my book.

Well I opened the session and have no reds. So no H!Myrrh possibility for me. 1 Green. 1 Blue. and 3 colorless. I am currently sitting on the decision. Green is probably what I will go with. And it matches my mood. I am green with envy towards those who could pick red. Blue makes me afraid of getting another Dancing Ryoma. He ruined my attempt to get L!TIki. I certainly don't need another one of him.

But lets see.

Blue -
Wants: W!Ephraim for merging to remove my DEF bane.
Mehs: Cordelia and Camilla are missing from my roster, but I kinda have their roles filled otherwise. A Lyn merge wouldn't be terrible. Catria is cute, but I have her and have her merged for bane removal so rather low on my desire list.
NO: Niles, Ryoma, and Ninian I would be disappointed to see.

Green-
Wants: W!Fae
Mehs: Kagero, Fjorm, Alfonse, Elincia are all missing from my barracks. But I don't really care for any of them much. Shareena and Lilina have bad assets or flaws. LA!Hector would mostly be wanted for DC fodder since I already have one with a solid asset/flaw combo.
No: Sanaki I already have and her bane doesn't matter. Same with Innes. A merge wouldn't be terrible, but not exciting either.

Colorless- I don't want to pull here much since I'll always wonder what was in the others.
Wants: W!Eirika for DEF bane removal.
Meh: Kagero, Takumi, Laev, and Noire are missing but I don't care much. Since it would be my only copy I wouldn't fodder so the fact that Kagero, Laev, and Noire have decent inheritance options isn't a big draw for me.
No: Roy, Linde, Mia, and Xander are all present in my barracks with assets/flaws that don't particularly bother me and would be a bit of a disappointment. Only Mia getting a spd asset would be at all notable to me.

Yeah green appears best to me, but that 1/10 chance to get the unit I really want is a bit uggh. Why couldn't I have had a red? That would have been like a 4/8 chance or something like that. Well I plan to play some Thea before finishing my pull. I'll see what I feel like after sitting on it a bit.

Oofff so much bad luck in this thread, that really sucks, sorry you all :(

I actually surprisingly had good luck both times. First time was H!Jakob who was on my list of wants, second one was LA!Lyn, who was also on my list of wants! Both not the one I wanted the most but I didn't have them yet and they're both great units who will help my armor teams. Especially happy I can finally have Armor March on my main Armor team :D

So yeah, all in all I'm really glad with my pulls but still greatly dissatisfied about how this event was done. The least they could've done is just give everyone one of each color. Next to that, making them all neutral would've been nice too, so whatever you pull will at least be useful.

But really, why couldn't we just choose whoever we wanted? I can't imagine that two free choices of seasonals would hurt IS in any way, there's still way more than enough of them for people to pull for.

Between Winter Robin on the first banner and not Winter Eirika on the second banner, it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. Something I noticed was that Winter Eirika had her weapon already equipped. I really appreciate that change, I hated training healers when summoned at 5 stars because they didn't have a weapon when summoned. I hope that is a regular thing now.

3 minutes ago, Mau said:

But really, why couldn't we just choose whoever we wanted? I can't imagine that two free choices of seasonals would hurt IS in any way, there's still way more than enough of them for people to pull for.

Or at least let us pick a color directly rather than relying on luck of the draw.

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Pulled a +Atk, -Spd Halloween Myrrh.

Seems kind of a waste as I don't use seasonals. :v

Times like this make me wish we could trade. I almost certainly have a 5*locked you would want. *Sigh*

2 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

Between Winter Robin on the first banner and not Winter Eirika on the second banner, it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. Something I noticed was that Winter Eirika had her weapon already equipped. I really appreciate that change, I hated training healers when summoned at 5 stars because they didn't have a weapon when summoned. I hope that is a regular thing now.

Oh goodness yes. I completely forgot that 5* healers didn't come with a weapon when I got Loki recently. I wanted to cry.