Find and Vote Heroes - A Brand New Minigame and ANOTHER Guarenteed 5* : RESULTS ARE IN!

Coolmanio

They are still en route to having it be a random summon with the 4 gold stones, as it mentioned within the results notification.

They are showing no signs of changing that.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I'm going to refrain from making assumptions about how much the voting bias swung the vote. Azura won by a landslide and she's wasn't in the "starter screen" bunch. Duma was also comfortably ahead of the next colorless. I also won't assume that most people will be pissed about pulling Lyn. Lyn being a mistake is a meme at this point. Again, I get that she wasn't the best pick but I've been hearing all kinds of garbage about her, even saying they'd rather have a reposition fodder or Bartre. Part of the blame is on IS for making a mistake but I think a lot of people have shitty, entitled attitudes.

I weep for the state of the community sometimes.

Azura and Duma were the two obvious winners. Of course they got enough support even without needing the help.

I think double is pretty reasonable. It puts Lyn a bit below the similarly popular and much stronger Lucina, for one thing. I refuse to believe that Lyn would have gotten 10k more votes than Lucina without the help, which is what she would have needed to beat Hector and Surtr.

Those complaints certainly sound overblown. Speed Tactic isn't bad fodder, but... it's nothing compared to Vengeful Fighter or Steady Stance 4.

It's worth noting that distorting people's perceptions is part of the whole premise of gacha. It's how they get people to spend far more than they would on an entire typical $60 game on getting a new costume for their favorite character or on getting a few extra stat points on that character so it can be even stronger than it has any need to be. Those shitty attitudes are how gacha squeezes money out of people, by convincing them that they need and deserve something trivial.

Just now, Othin said:

Those complaints certainly sound overblown. Speed Tactic isn't bad fodder, but... it's nothing compared to Vengeful Fighter or Steady Stance 4.

This event made me realize just how subjective "valuable" units are. There is no universally valued unit nor universally valued skill fodder. I'd rather have Spd Tactics than Steady Stance 4 and I already have Vengeful on my armors that want it.

Lyn: I like Lyn as a unit and character and there have been a lot tactics teams I've not been able to build because I couldn't fodder my only Lyn.
Azura: A valuable unit for me since I don't have her but fairly useless to anyone who already does.
Duma: Def/Res Solo could be interesting but he's conceptually a very boring unit to use.
Myrrh: I want her for her character but she's not going to please anyone who doesn't like armor units.

Those are my priorities for which characters I want the most. The next person might have very different considerations for which units are the most valuable. If I had to take a guess at the most universally valuable fodder, I'd have to say it's Distant Counter, but disregarding Lyn usurping Hector, Nailah didn't win blue nor did Hrid win Red. 

Well, glad H!Myrrh won red. She's definitely the one I'm hoping to pull. I don't have L!Azura or L!Lyn, though, and it's not like getting rid of my Duma's Res bane would be a bad thing. Still, I want H!Myrrh MUCH more than the other three. So, here's who I'm hoping for in order of priority:

H!Myrrh > L!Azura, L!Lyn > Duma

Mixed bag for me, 75% of getting something useful.

HMyrrh: don't own one yet, and would appreciate getting another unique armored dragon
LAzura: would appreciate getting a second copy for AR defense/PVE content
Duma: don't own one yet, and would appreciate his use in AR defense
LegLyn: big oof. Already pulled 2 copies of her from leg banners, and never once needed Spd Tactics

It's a shame we didn't get a midterm rankings list for this, otherwise that might have helped avoid this LegLyn situation. Poor Hector though, guess he's the Anna for the this event, getting split into 3 great green units/fodders cost him dearly, he would've had ~48k votes if combined into one version.

This anniversary has taught me the ability to save orbs, and that is the greatest gift of all. But to look at the positives.

• H!Myrrh: I have her already with fantastic IV's, Vengeful Fighter and or Armour March could be nice.
  • L!Azura: The one I want the most, I voted for her. It would be cool if I got her, but I rather wait until March's Legendary Banner to have a chance. I can go for L!Lucina as well.
  • L!Lyn: I have only one Wind Legendary unit and his bonuses is ineffective for most of the units I have with wind blessings. 
  • Duma: Looks like a good unit. Having a use for astra (or was it anima) blessings could be nice.

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

So I’ve already gotten Duma and now I’m terrified to get a duplicate since we don’t seem to choose a colour.  :(

I’ll take any of the other three.

At least with Duma if you care about AR, he'll double your defense loss decrease. It's why I'd be absolutely okay with him even though I already have one.

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

But this is the same company that refused to change how arena scores units so they could sell you a solution with Duel skills.

I still stand by my opinion that Duel skills are a way better solution than pretty much any other suggestion I've heard from players, granted they should have been made purchasable as Combat Manuals instead of being restricted to rare summons.

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

At least with Duma if you care about AR, he'll double your defense loss decrease. It's why I'd be absolutely okay with him even though I already have one.

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't. Plus if I get him I'll merge him.

Don't care either about fodder. I just want something I don't already have.

Edited by Vince777

Man, I'm already in a weird position with my duplicate Lyn from the Duma banner. My original is +Atk -Def, which is fine and has little need for a merge, but at the same time Spd Tactic isn't even a skill I'm that interested in inheriting. I want it on a seal I can move around like Def and Res Tactic, not locked to a single character. So either use of her seems pretty weak to me.

Well I think I want Myrrh the most. Which means I can pretty much expect to get someone else. Of the other three I am not sure who I would most want. All would be interesting.

But yeah Lyn was not who I was expecting to pull the win. Would have preferred Hector, but she is not terrible.

Personally, I want both Myrrh and Azura, but I'm planning on pulling blue on the March legendary banner so I don't need to pull for Azura here. Myrrh will probably also be returning in March but I don't expect to want to pull red there. Single red on a 4-character banner isn't great either, but it's the same as her rerun banner will be, so I guess I'll give it a shot if I don't get her as my free pull. I should have around 200 orbs by the time the banner launches, and I'm not planning on jumping on much else right now.

I really want to get Azura here, but I'll have close to 400 orbs for March's banner. I'll probably get her then, but 2 would be ideal. And I'll also want to pull for the new Mythic on March (probably Green, if I'm not mistaken), so that could make things a little harder then.

This banner is so random. I’d be the few who’d be glad for speed tactic fodder since I don’t want to use Ylgr for it. But i dont’t really mind who I get. I think they all have some potential for fodder. 

Well L!Lyn sure was....extremely unexpected. I guess I don't mind too much since I like her and wouldn't mind a merge. But yeah I would've preferred DC fodder for sure.

As for the rest of the results:

• H!Myrrh - Already got one, though she's -Atk. If the freebie is neutral I don't think I'd replace her cause she's also +Def hmm. Could merge her but don't care for her that much, would probably use her to give H!Jakob Vengeful Fighter instead.
  • Duma - Ew, he's Bold Fighter fodder for sure.
  • L!Azura - The only unit I would actually use, though sorta against my will cause I don't like her but she's too OP to not use -_-

So all in all, none of these results would make me really happy. Which is only for the better I guess, since we can't actually choose.

5 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

This event made me realize just how subjective "valuable" units are. There is no universally valued unit nor universally valued skill fodder. I'd rather have Spd Tactics than Steady Stance 4 and I already have Vengeful on my armors that want it.

Those are my priorities for which characters I want the most. The next person might have very different considerations for which units are the most valuable. If I had to take a guess at the most universally valuable fodder, I'd have to say it's Distant Counter, but disregarding Lyn usurping Hector, Nailah didn't win blue nor did Hrid win Red. 

Yeah, the value of skills mostly depend on the play style of players, how much investment the game demands, and how easy the skill is to get. There are some skills that are universally rejected as bad though, like Defiants and Sorcery Blade, due to mismatched costs and gains.

As a Player Phase player, while I still would like more copies of Distant Counter, now that I got Olivia, Azura, and HNY!Azura all with Gem Weapons and Distant Counter, I value Distant Counter much less now even though I still have Dancers/Singers that I want to give that skill to because the game simply does not require me to utilize more Distant Counter Dancers/Singers. Steady Breath and Warding Breath are now the top Enemy Phase A skills I want as I plan to expand my roster to include Enemy Phase dragons, although I am in no rush to acquire Breath fodder to build my dragons either since my Player Phase teams can handle all of the difficult content already.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Azura is stronger on an AI-controlled team compared to a player-controlled team.

What Azura does well is increase the team's map coverage and help snipe units. The AI only needs to snipe the player's units. The player needs to snipe the AI's units safely.

Yes, probably why she is on every Aether defense team and a ton of arena defense teams.  If everyone has her though at least everyone will have that big advantage when they build their defense squads.  

Ah I forgot that Legendary Azura will appear on March banner along with Legendary Lucina, both units I want and don't have.  I guess I won't pull for Azura here if she isn't my freebie.  Hope for H! Myrrh or Duma then....even though they need Distant counter so it will be quite a long time likely before they can reach their potential. 

Edited by Lewyn