What musical instrument(s) do you think best fits/represents a character?

indigoasis

I thought of making this a while ago, but then I was like, "Nah, it sounds kinda dumb. I don't think anyone is gonna understand it anyway." Then the idea came back to me, and I think it's a neat idea, so I decided that I might as well give it a shot and see what happens. The topic question is a bit strange, but I'll do my best to explain. If the explanation is bad, I apologize in advance.

You know how certain characters have their own theme song or something along those lines? The fighters in Street Fighter are a great example. Instead of a theme song, what about a theme instrument? Each party member in Mother 3 has their own instrument assigned to them, and that instrument will play a note when you land an attack. A bass guitar represents Duster, barks (that's not even an instrument) represent Boney, an electric guitar represents Kumatora, etc. So if we could assign an instrument to any character in Fire Emblem, what instrument do you think would best represent them? Some characters might be more obvious than others, like a piano for Azura or a flute for Lewyn for example.

(The instrument isn't going to play when they land an attack, I just used Mother 3 as an example of instruments representing a character.)

If you have multiple instruments that would make a good fit for a character or a single instrument that would be a good fit for multiple characters, feel free to share them all. Also, if there's a specific instrument riff that you think fits a character, go ahead and share that, too.

Anyway, I think an electric guitar represents Seliph (and I guess to an extent, Sigurd) nicely. I can't really think of any other instruments that would suit him better. 

22 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Also, Maribelle plays the violin, so...

So does Brady, not by choice.

I like to think Chrom would be best represented by a Trombone, or as I've been realizing it should be called in this case, a Chrombone! Eh? Eh?

...I'll see myself out...

Nyna: Violin that plays sad music.

Donnel: Banjo

Any Armor Knight except Wendy: Tuba

Wendy: Baritone (it's like a small tuba)

Laslow/Charlotte/Tethys/Anyone considered sexy or flirtacious: Saxophone

8 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Nyna: Violin that plays sad music.

Donnel: Banjo

Any Armor Knight except Wendy: Tuba

Wendy: Baritone (it's like a small tuba)

Laslow/Charlotte/Tethys/Anyone considered sexy or flirtacious: Saxophone

This just made me think that Elise should have a Recorder.

1 hour ago, indigocean said:

Anyway, I think an electric guitar represents Seliph (and I guess to an extent, Sigurd) nicely. I can't really think of any other instruments that would suit him better. 

I'd say the piano fits either of them better. I don't really know what about electric guitar really fits them, but the flowery, classical dialogue of FE4, and Sigurd's proper character(Passing on to Seliph) would be more grand piano-y, if anything. A versatile, but very classical sounding instrument. Plus, shifting from minor chords to major chords is super easy on piano, which fits FE4 pretty well. It's a bit more difficult on guitar.

I don't think any of the lords would be guitar.

For a few more lords:

• Ike would be a double bass. A very mellow, but powerful and commanding instrument.
  • Hector would be a full band drumkit. A loud and violent instrument that plays the beat that all of the other instruments follow. Alm would be a more focused snare drum. 
  • Celica would be a harp.
  • Eliwood is a concert flute and Roy is a piccolo. The nerdier, smaller flute.
  • Chrom is a triangle. Or maybe a cowbell.
Edited by Slumber

Duesel is a Baritone. Not quite a Tuba, but not quite a Trombone.

Any pegasus user is a clarinet, since they're always fairly prevalent.

Likewise, archers are oboes, since there are never any good ones (ooh oboe burn). Besides the joke, I am serious. Oboes really only sound good later, like archers are only good as prepromotes, and most people quit on the oboe, or the archer, way before they could even get to that point.

On 2/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, Light Strategist said:

This just made me think that Elise should have a Recorder.

It's oddly fitting.

And Fae with a harmonica.

Brady/Maribelle - Violin, but Brady also often plays Fiddle, which is just folk music with it instead of something “sophisticated” like Maribelle would like him to.

Lute/Owain/Python - Blow Horn

Dorcas/Niles/Heath/Cormag - Harmonica

Florina - Harp

Lyn/Celica - Spanish Guitar

Alm - Maracas

Sonya/Leon - Castanets

Mordecai - Cello

Natasha/Boey - Lyre

Nephenee - Fiddle

Brom - Accordion

Meg/Makalov/Joshua - Bottles

Shigure/Jakob/Kent - Piano