Awakening Plot Hole involving Kellam

HellMagic

So, in Awakening there are all these people like "cHrOm GiVe Us ThE fIrE eMbLeM" like Gucci Gangrel and Validar iirc so why doesn't Kellam just hold the Fire Emblem? It sounds like a joke but seriously no one would even know where it is because it wouldn't basically exist. I think that this is a pretty big plothole. Chrom could literally save the entire kingdom of Ylisse from havoc if he just gave Kellam the Fire Emblem. But... what if Chrom didn't even remember Kellam? Well..., in order to get Kellam you need Chrom to talk to him in Chapter 3, which is at least 1 interaction with Chrom in the game, and knowing how much Kellam is forgotten, Chrom should give him the Fire Emblem if he has any sort of brain. So, we have 3 conclusions,

• A plothole
  • Chrom is dumb
  • It is a game calm down

-The End-

This is one of the most quality shitposts I've seen this year.

I think it'll be hard to top.

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

Maybe Kellam is a non-canon character and Chrom never found him

Though this reply comes close to matching the OP's quality.

Because Kellam isn't actually invisible? Even if it is by accident most of the time, all of his support partners can obviously find and talk to him. Heck, Sully and Cherche start conversations without having to look for him first, and they don't have the "heightened senses" excuse that Panne and Nowi use.

Besides, every enemy in the game can spot and attack Kellam. Chances are, if Chrom did leave the Fire Emblem with Kellam, all it would have taken was some observant enemy to notice where he was and send a ton of enemy units to either kill him or steal the Fire Emblem. Heck, Chrom kept in on him because he believed it was safest in his hands, and only a mind-controlled (though not really) Robin caught him off guard.

This reeks of a troll post, so enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

2 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Besides, every enemy in the game can spot and attack Kellam.

*Most.

In his recruitment chapter, enemy AI will literally ignore him. I don't remember if they keep ignoring him in the same chapter after you recruit him, but before they certainly do.

Edited by Arcphoenix

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

*Most.

In his recruitment chapter, enemy AI will literally ignore him. I don't remember if they keep ignoring him in the same chapter after you recruit him, but before they certainly do.

Although those same enemy units will attack him on sight the moment he joins your army proper, although I see what you are getting at.

And for once, the AI in a Fire Emblem game won't screw over a green unit! Congratulations Kellam! You can wear that accolade with pride!

tbh i wasn't even trolling this was just a thought that came to my mind and i added a splash of my humor to it, you don't have to find it funny but this ultra-serious tone isn't making you sound like a great person to have a discussion with. also ik that kellam is recognizable but he is obviously the most defensively powerful/hidden character in the games lore so it doesn't really matter what Chrom thinks. Chrom = better unit offensively and Kellam = better user defensively in order to protect the emblem the #1 thing you don't want to happen is die.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

This reeks of a troll post, so enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

No really? It's more a shitpost dude calm down.

4 minutes ago, HellMagic said:

ok sorry if you dont like my post but it was genuinely an intriguing thought (for me) that has been plaguing my mind for a while. i have learned my lesson to not have humor on this forum.

No, you haven't learned your lesson, you're running from your mistake.  Which means I may have to yell at you again.

So. . .the lesson is to read the rules before you post, then ask yourself how others may take your post before actually typing anything.  You'd be surprised how much better everything will be if you take those two into account.

Okay, thank you for linking me to the rules, I didn't know that this site had rules that were different to other forums. I am sorry for appearing to be a troll even though by definition,  my post is not a troll, just comical. Thank you for informing me on the sites rules though and I will try to make more "sophisticated" posts.

e.PNG

rule 5.PNG

I am ashamed to admit that I actually enjoyed that joke even though the joke of kellam's ~invisibility~ has already been driven into the ground by now....

but I appreciate this topic and idea

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

This is one of the most quality shitposts I've seen this year.

I think it'll be hard to top.

Though this reply comes close to matching the OP's quality.

Well the year is still young... guess I'll take this as a challenge.

I think the best course of action is to pair up Chrom with Kellam. Chrom should still hold the Fire Emblem because it is safest in his hands, but he should hide inside Kellam's armor too for added protection and stealth.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, Hawkwing said:

Besides, every enemy in the game can spot and attack Kellam.

I wish they would fix that bug in the game. He is not supposed to be attack-able.