Rumors of the 13th: XX-XX-2019: The Official Discussion and Speculation Thread for the Currently Unannounced First Nintendo Direct of 2019

BZL8

2/3/2019: I hope the title is clear. I apologize if I cause any unwarranted excitement.

Due to some users here thirsty for a direct and using other threads to discuss information pertaining to it, and a lack of a general thread on this forum to discuss and speculate on both the date of and the contents of the first Nintendo Direct of this year, this speculation and discussion thread has been created with permission from the mods.

That said, when a direct, date, and time are officially announced, this thread will become the official thread for the direct, with this OP and thread title updated to reflect the changes.

For now, feel free to use this thread to discuss and speculate on both the date and the contents for the unannounced first direct of 2019. 

For an official 2019 software lineup from Nintendo, check the current Earnings Release (here, pages 6-8, not counting title page).

Rumors Post:

(2/8/2019):   Prominent ResetEra user "King Zell" , who has a near-spotless track record regarding Nintendo, as well as fellow user NateDrake and admin Emily, teases happenings on the 13th. Whether it is February 13th is the date is not fully known (Source)

Edited by BZL8

I am almost positive that they're holding off on the Nintendo Direct until they either have something to show for Joker for Smash, or are ready to reveal the trailer for the second DLC character.

Or both.

I totally believe the theory that the January Direct was scraped due to Metroid Prime 4 going to be remade from the start. I think they were expecting it to be the main event of the Direct. So i think start to mid february may be the most likely date.

My guess for when the Direct will be: Eventually.

My guess for what will be in the Direct: Video Games.

In all seriousness, I feel like it could be dropped on us at anytime this month. A friend and I have talked about it being on a Thursday, since that's when Directs usually are, or so he tells me. I don't pay attention to what day they fall on, I just watch 'em. As for the content of the Direct, I expect some info on Yoshi's Crafted World since it comes out in March, and maybe Luigi's Mansion 3.

Looking at the PDF linked in the OP, I'll share my thoughts in a spoiler box thing since I don't wanna spoil the potential contents of the Direct.

Spoiler

We're getting Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn? I wasn't expecting that, but is it gonna be a port/remake of the Wii version with extra content or will it be a brand new game altogether? I wouldn't put the former option past Nintendo since New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe exists.

Three Houses is still slated for a Spring 2019 release. We might get info on it in this next Direct, so fingers crossed for this one.

Gen 8 of Pokemon will probably come out in Fall because that's when they've been releasing new Pokemon games these past few years. Animal Crossing info would be nice, but I stopped playing forever ago, so I could care less really.

I'm not too stoked about the ambiguity of it all, but it'll be that much more of a surprise (or a sigh of relief) when the Direct date is announced.

20 hours ago, RexBolt said:

I totally believe the theory that the January Direct was scraped due to Metroid Prime 4 going to be remade from the start. I think they were expecting it to be the main event of the Direct. So i think start to mid february may be the most likely date.

I agree, considering several announcements happened, and Plant was kind of just.... added in Smash.

I'm definitely in the camp that was surprised at no January Direct. Not because it's a hard and fast rule to have one each year, but because it makes logical sense. After E3, Nintendo knows they can't waste marketing space on something they're selling after the holiday season, so all the marketing for 2019 products would get pushed back past the new year. 

But I can make a prediction. I predict a general Nintendo Direct probably at the end of the month, simply because there are so many Nintendo games announced for this year (Yoshi, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pokemon) and I doubt any of them will get harshly delayed past this year. The way I imagine it, I think Luigi's Mansion will be the main attraction, Yoshi will get a reminder of its existence along with any 3DS games that are still coming. Pokemon gets a teaser probably very similar to this one where no footage of the game is shown, but we get a title, a vague indication of the new region, and probably a single pokemon reveal. A lot of us will be asking where's Animal Crossing, and we'll be answered at some point before E3 where that game gets its own single focus Direct. Also Joker trailer, and Joker is the only of the five season pass characters that is announced and released before E3 where we get most of the rest.

Fire Emblem is the wild card. It's been so long since we've heard from it. I know the earnings report still maintains the Spring 2019 release, but I'll remind everybody that its 2018 release was reinforced by an earnings report as well. And that one came in late April. That's just one month before E3 where we finally heard about the delay to next year. These lists almost always regurgitate existing release windows rather than serving as informative updates about products.

• BZL8 changed the title to Rumors of the 13th: XX-XX-2019: The Official Discussion and Speculation Thread for the Currently Unannounced First Nintendo Direct of 2019