[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

This was quite a surprise. Greil's now the first non-Awakefates character to show up in an "alternate" sense before a regular version.

Also, Soren's outfit actually looks pretty awesome. Oh, and looks like red mage Titania's there, too.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Also, Greil having Fury 4 is... fitting... and at the same time very sad.

why did you have to say this

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the highlight of this banner is the generic armor dude wearing the pink lacey hat thing. 

Jokes aside, I quite like the banner. Probably will pull until I get one of the four since I like them all pretty equally. I had hoped there would be at least one infantry seasonal but I guess not. Also is this the first time a seasonal banner covered all 3 tome colours? 

Edited by zuibangde

A dedicated Tellius Seasonal? Well more diversity in Seasonal representation is a good thing. Unlike last summer which was 50% safe 50% "risky" on both banners, they chose to make one early 2019 100% conservative Seasonal, and then follow it with a 100% experimental Seasonal. The results is the same level of risk, just distributed differently.

And it is also good to see IS avoided the temptation of going for a sultry VDay again- albeit only right after a Seasonal that is ~90% sultry in theme.

Still not going to summon, Seasonals of any kind I personally abhor. And if there is a TT one, they'll be turned to paper. Sounds like Titania here, sorry, I only want your canon self. The same for you Soren.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Also, Greil having Fury 4 is... fitting... and at the same time very sad.

And is Fury 4 really necessary? Placing it on a Seasonal though sounds like a perfect way of forcing people to go for it.

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Oh boy nina is gonna have a field day with this one.

Given I once read Japan seemingly has had less hoopla over Priam's lineage, I think Japan might not actually see IkexSoren as romantic/sexual the way the West does, or at least not the same degree.

Cool banner. Gad that PoR is getting proper representation for seasonal banners. Maybe SoV and Judgral can get seasonal banners later on. 

Mist looks much better than her original version. Overall, her face is better proportioned. Her eyes are now smaller, slightly more width and less height. Don’t know why Miwabe Sakura rendered the eyes differently as they have a similar angle but in opposing directions. 

Her dress is lovely as well. 

Ike looks cool. I guess capes are now in the similar vein of bikinis in that they're very heavy. 

Passing. I need orbs for either the legendary banner or a Hero Rises banner. 

Edited by Paris

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Now imagine this Ike with Elincia. Practically a dance.

Yeah, so true! I might even draw that sometime. Though it'd have to be more of an Elincia-teaching-a-nervous-and-awkward-Ike-to-dance scenario because Ike assuredly has not had any experience here. lol

10 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Congratz Ana, it's finally Ike's turn to shine in the seasonal spotlight. This whole banner is really cute, especially Mist. Honestly, Mist has my favourite art out of the bunch and I might pull just for her. I'm not all that attached to these characters(except maybe Mist and Titania) so I'll most likely skip this banner. I don't have a lot of orbs anyways and I want some sort of stash for Find a Hero. 

YES, I FINALLY GOT MY SEASONAL IKE THE WAIT IS OVER!! Even if this one was the last seasonal I'd put him in. lol I'll take it! I think he looks spectacular! And I love his pretty flower. lol Even tough manly dudes can rock flowers, after all!

8 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Just realized that we have 3 males on this banner. What is this sorcery? 

And the only female is a young girl, not a sexy one. What IS this sorcery indeed? lol But I'm not complaining! SEASONAL IKE AT LAST!!

And I might be finally seeing The Princess and the Frog in Disney Magic Kingdoms on Friday too, and they've been my most wanted characters in that game! BEST FRIDAY EVAH?!!

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Given I once read Japan seemingly has had less hoopla over Priam's lineage, I think Japan might not actually see IkexSoren as romantic/sexual the way the West does, or at least not the same degree.

I think the genius thing about this banner is that it lets people interpret what Ike and Soren's relationship is. 

People can interpret Soren and Titania as close friends of Ike's family which is why they're part of the banner. OR people can argue that IS is suggesting Ike and Soren's relationship as romantic due to the theme. 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Japan in general is very conservative all things considered but as far as I can tell IS is certainly not opposed to ship teasing with Fujioshi's if Inigo's harvest scramble conversations are anything to go by. 

2 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I think the genius thing about this banner is that it lets people interpret what Ike and Soren's relationship is. 

People can interpret Soren and Titania as close friends of Ike's family which is why they're part of the banner. OR people can argue that IS is suggesting Ike and Soren's relationship as romantic due to the theme. 

I agree and hey if it keeps the fujioshi's happy.

Edited by Ottservia

Hmm...

I like the banner.

The theme of family and friend is a nice substitute, possibly preferable

The addition of Greil is fantastic

More non-infantry mages is certainly a plus

But I feel like this Banner won't sell that well due to those weapon effects... they just seem so underwhelming.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

I like this trend of the free unit being the best (or near-best) one.

(The banner itself is a skip but I don't mind it being there)

Hmm? When did this trend begin and what are some examples of it? We have no way of knowing if Titania really is the best unit out of the set as we haven't seen her stats.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Well, now I'm really glad the hot spring banner was kind and gave me Elise and Sakura quickly and painlessly.  Screw the Pick and Find banner, this is where it's at for me. I'd like to have them all but Ike is the biggest priority.

Also as a random side note, this Ike is the first sword armor added since wait for it...Zelgius.

This banner looks nice but at the same time I'd only like to get that Mist but Greil shares color with her so I think I won't summon at all until the F&V winners are revealed (if L!Eirika wins then I'll skip this, if any other red wins then I'll pull for V!Mist).

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, so true! I might even draw that sometime. Though it'd have to be more of an Elincia-teaching-a-nervous-and-awkward-Ike-to-dance scenario because Ike assuredly has not had any experience here. lol

That'd be adorable. Ike learning how to awkwardly dance. XD

4 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I VERY much agree with this line of thinking. I never interpreted Ike and Soren's relationship as romantic. But I most certainly would never say that people are wrong to interpret it as romantic. So I like to think that this banner makes Titania and Soren be like family members. Soren like a little bro, and Titania the mom. One big, happy familly.

14 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Just realized that we have 3 males on this banner. What is this sorcery? 

LOL XD So true. So used to seeing more girls than boys in banners.

WAIT. I actually called this banner totally right!

I said in the other thread "what if the left figure is actually PoR Ike and the right is Greil and we have a theme around Ike's family with Titania as a TT unit?" I ACTUALLY GOT ALL OF IT RIGHT, I CALLED MIST AND SOREN TOO. HOLY SHIT.

As for the interpretation thing, I of course only see Ike and Soren as friends. Soren COULD be gay for him, but it's probably more just him being super devoted and attached to him because Ike was the first person to show him kindness. And Ike really doesn't have any implied sexuality period. He's oblivious to romantic feelings for anyone or towards him if anything.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

WAIT. I actually called this banner totally right!

I said in the other thread "what if the left figure is actually PoR Ike and the right is Greil and we have a theme around Ike's family with Titania as a TT unit?" I ACTUALLY GOT ALL OF IT RIGHT, I CALLED MIST AND SOREN TOO. HOLY SHIT.

It's a Valentine's miracle.

5 minutes ago, Paris said:

Ike looks cool. I guess capes are now in the similar vein of bikinis in that they're very heavy. 

Ever heard of iron curtains? The thing Winston Churchill said fell on Europe after WWII originally referred to a stage curtain that would be lowered should a fire break out on stage. That way the flames couldn't spread quite as easily.

4 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

That is a good thing. Leave it open to all and leave open EliwoodxHector and LynxFlorina then, particularly if there is some gay kid out there who sincerely finds solace in IkexSoren.

All I will assert is that a definitive answer beyond a reasonable doubt to the relationship is not possible. Not in the original games themselves at least, and hopefully IS leaves it this way everywhere else.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Japan in general is very conservative all things considered but as far as I can tell IS is certainly not opposed to ship teasing with Fujioshi's if Inigo's harvest scramble conversations are anything to go by. 

And I thought I heard Niles is particularly risque with Leo in the unreleased Fates scramble DLC. Although I'm also aware he is risque with all already.