[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

3 hours ago, Integrity said:

EDIT: i'll at least say yeah shuffle the ike's sexuality stuff off to another thread c'mon guys you're largely adults

i'm starting the doubt this statement crikey

is there literally nothing else to discuss

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think that Titania was planned to be a color staff unit? Do you think she was originally designed to be a Red Staff user? I feel like it's only a matter of time we get color staff unit. Although I doubt they would release one for free.

27 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Do you guys think that Titania was planned to be a color staff unit? Do you think she was originally designed to be a Red Staff user? I feel like it's only a matter of time we get color staff unit. Although I doubt they would release one for free.

I thought the same, but it's probably not the case. Ice Dragon answered my similar question here:

27 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Maybe she was supposed to be a colorless staff unit but they changed their minds when the art was already finished and they switched to red tome... But I do think that coloured staff will be implemented sooner or later...

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Well as pointed out this isn't a love banner, it is devotion and connection to Greil.  Also why this IkeXSoren pairing is offensive is people are altering Ike's very nature his sexuality, so it is much worse than Ike being paired with a woman.  Ike and Elincia, Ike and some other woman....well yeah it is at least possible.  However pairing a straight guy with another dude, that isn't.  

Hey I think HinokaxCamilla is hot, can I propose that as a canon pairing!?  Oh Hinoka isn't a lesbian?  Well I make her one anyways in my head.  Or lets say Hinoka and Orochi, even though neither are lesbian.  Ah but they could be right, who's to say?  That is fine but don't propose it as some sort of canon thing, I certainly don't.  Don't make Ike and Soren gay when nothing indicates they are.

Also sad how this excellent banner the majority of discussion has gone to who is Priam's parents and Ike's sexuality.  Want to ship Ike and Soren, Ike and Ashnard, Ike and whatever?  Go ahead.  Just super annoying when people put this forth as something that is absolute truth and confirmed when there is actually zero evidence supporting it.  People put it forth like we are talking about Marth and Caeda.  

Sigh.

First of all, do some research if you're going to discuss the topic, because there's been tons of analyses and discussions on what evidence there is for Ike and Soren. It isn't fans shipping them randomly like your example of Camilla and Hinoka. 

Second, if you claim there's no evidence for Ike being gay, how can you say he's clearly straight when he

- never displays attraction towards any women

- actively rejects women seeking his attention

- has no paired endings with women

Is it because you assume straightness is the default? Because if anything there's a ton of evidence that, at the very least, Ike is asexual. But there's nothing in his character that suggests he is attracted to women, and a lot to contradict it.

And I agree with you that it's offensive to change his sexuality just for ships, which is why it's frustrating that despite all the hints and having two paired endings with men, people like you still label him as straight just because he isn't covered in rainbows.

Also, as was pointed out, no one in this topic ever said he and Soren are canon. What happened is people rushed in to declare him straight at the first mention of the possibility of the pairing. 

4 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Maybe she was supposed to be a colorless staff unit but they changed their minds when the art was already finished and they switched to red tome... But I do think that coloured staff will be implemented sooner or later...

But disregarding stat spreads, couldn't that be a real threat to the use of Tome units? No  -blade access or use of many A Skills and Specials, but would Dazzle-Wrath be too powerful? Any metagame crunchers want to weigh in?

And this whole thread (plus everything else I've seen all over the internet) is exactly why I was hoping it wasn't Ike on this banner.. *sigh*
Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic Ike gets a seasonal but every time he shows up anywhere near Soren this crap show starts flying and people on both sides get angry. Why can't we all just agree to disagree and move on?

Titania has amazing art for this but as others have mentioned her weapon looks a lot more like a seasonal staff than a tome. It's odd but I adore the sunflower theme she has going on so I'm definitely going to get her.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But disregarding stat spreads, couldn't that be a real threat to the use of Tome units? No  -blade access or use of many A Skills and Specials, but would Dazzle-Wrath be too powerful? Any metagame crunchers want to weigh in?

That's something I hadn't considered actually... I had just thought they would add them because the staff is the only weapon left which isn't available in every colour... 

10 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Sigh.

First of all, do some research if you're going to discuss the topic, because there's been tons of analyses and discussions on what evidence there is for Ike and Soren. It isn't fans shipping them randomly like your example of Camilla and Hinoka. 

Second, if you claim there's no evidence for Ike being gay, how can you say he's clearly straight when he

- never displays attraction towards any women

- actively rejects women seeking his attention

- has no paired endings with women

Is it because you assume straightness is the default? Because if anything there's a ton of evidence that, at the very least, Ike is asexual. But there's nothing in his character that suggests he is attracted to women, and a lot to contradict it.

And I agree with you that it's offensive to change his sexuality just for ships, which is why it's frustrating that despite all the hints and having two paired endings with men, people like you still label him as straight just because he isn't covered in rainbows.

Also, as was pointed out, no one in this topic ever said he and Soren are canon. What happened is people rushed in to declare him straight at the first mention of the possibility of the pairing. 

I think there's a lot of merit in what you say. By the time of POR and RD people probably really did assume Ike was straight by default and dismissed the pairing because of it and the way Ike is writen in the Tellius games does leave him open to being gay and asexual just as much as him being straight. 

But the era of the Tellius game was quite a long time ago and in the meantime Ike got himself a descendant. So people dismissing the thought of Ike being gay ''just because he's not covered in rainbows'' isn't really accurate anymore now that Priam exists. 

7 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Legendary Azura also uses a stick for a weapon. It counts as a blue tome.

I see no reason why they'd bother with colored staves when colored tomes already exist and would basically be the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dazzle staffs don’t really care about color, but if anything they’d want a green one to counter Nailah, other than general armor tankiness and large hp, I can’t think of any particular bad matchups were they’d need the extra damage or defense.

15 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

That's something I hadn't considered actually... I had just thought they would add them because the staff is the only weapon left which isn't available in every colour... 

Swords aren't! And Swords definitely need to come in Blue and Green and Colorless.

I counted 41 Sword Infantry so far, and we have at least 33 more canon ones to add. By comparison, we have 16 Axe Infantry and only at least 30 canon additions. We have 19 Colorless Bow Infantry and at least 16 that could be added.

Swords in other Colors would allow new additions to stand out of what is already the most bloated pool of all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic Ike gets a seasonal but every time he shows up anywhere near Soren this crap show starts flying and people on both sides get angry. Why can't we all just agree to disagree and move on?

Yeah, I agree with you here, I hate when that crap gets brought up myself. Shipping wars are just never fun at ALL and are only trouble.

It's strange that while the weapons are mostly parallel in style, Titania's "tome" has a different appearance from the other two. I wonder if it has the same type of name, or a different one.

oh my fucking god you guys

4 hours ago, Integrity said:

EDIT: i'll at least say yeah shuffle the ike's sexuality stuff off to another thread c'mon guys you're largely adults

this includes parthian shots at the guy i suspended. i'm passing out a round of warnings this time. stop.

I won't be spending a lot in this banner, possibly until I get a 5* and I will call it a day. I really would like Ike as red armors are quite rare and seasonal most of the time, but I can do without him. I don't want Soren as I recently started investing in a Reinhardt. Mist could be interesting. I don't like Fury 4 as most tier 4 skills are broken and then comes Fury one of my most liked skills and does 8 damage. But Greil does have armor March which I need desperately, but I will get a chance to one in the future. I am most looking forward to Titania as she is the freebie and the unit I will most likely be using in arena (unless I pull one of the armors). Also her class is nice and if she follows the trend she will most likely get some nice fodder. Now I will make a wild prediction and say that this weird weapon of hers is going to be a personal weapon as none of the banner units had one (alternatively it has the same effect as the rest).

Will we get stats and all that stuff with the update?

I hope a bit that Titanias weapon indicates that she will have another effect. I do not know if I like those and I do not want Titania to end up with blade tome. Really like to be gifted with her, that is 3 TT units in a row I prefer more than the units in the banner. I guess there might be a pattern? At least Cecilia and Titania. After maintenance we may know more. I intend to use her, I have Eirika, but I like Titania more and she can be merged more easily. Something new for us.

Also glad that I do not feel the need to spend on the banner, Julia and Seliph would have been too much for me to handle know. I rarely have under 100 orbs and now I have around 80.

Fury 4 is tempting for my Deirdre, depending on new B skills they release it could enhance more.

Edited by Stroud

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think Ike's flower might be an accessory we get and I want it so bad

Yes, if you look at the generic enemies that are being attacked, they have Ike's flower and Mist's flower crown.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

No? Her weapon isn't s Staff, it just looks like one~ Doubt there are any plans for Colored Staves

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

No? Her weapon isn't s Staff, it just looks like one~ Doubt there are any plans for Colored Staves

Even if she was planned to be a staff unit, it could have been just as a regular staff unit.