[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Um, no, it happens in Part 3 of RD.

Huh, I don't remember that part. But this implies that Ike has come close to his dad's level. So perhaps at the end of the game, sans blessing, Ike would be there.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, I don't remember that part. But this implies that Ike has come close to his dad's level. So perhaps at the end of the game, sans blessing, Ike would be there.

I don't think that by the endgame he'd have been at his father's level without the blessing since the blessing gave him a boost in power. Perhaps after several more years of training, he'd be at that level. But it does still say a lot about how powerful Greil was as Gawain if it took all that for Ike just to be his father's equal.

Got a neutral Lute and a +Spd/-Res Valentines Soren in the first session. Not bad!

With Lute, I've summoned all 4 Farfetched Heroes. For the case of Soren, I have a TT bonus unit, another source of 5K HM feathers and 40 cavalry flowers. And I think MCorrin wouldn't mind getting Rally Atk/Spd+.

Well it seems that I won’t have nearly as much success this time now that I don’t have basically the entire game’s supply of free orbs to work with. Burned through all 52 of the anniversary orbs I saved up since the end of the Laguz banner, and I didn’t get a single banner unit. I figure I’ll be lucky to get one before the month ends.

Also, to the people talking about Ike’s power level, he beat Zelgius in the tower of guidance and THEN got blessed, and Zelgius conceded at that point Ike had become his father’s equal.

Edited by Alastor15243

6 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Well it seems that I won’t have nearly as much success this time now that I don’t have basically the entire game’s supply of free orbs to work with. Burned through all 52 of the anniversary orbs I saved up since the end of the Laguz banner, and I didn’t get a single banner unit. I figure I’ll be lucky to get one before the month ends.

Also, to the people talking about Ike’s power level, he beat Zelgius in the tower of guidance and THEN got blessed, and Zelgius conceded at that point Ike had become his father’s equal.

actually he received a blessing from yune at the start of part 4 which was depicted as a class change, I would say that Ike's blessing sped up his gain in natural ability, this makes sense because pre class change he was still able to keep up with BK (and Ike never mentions having peaked prior to part 4), but he wasn't "there" yet, it is probably right to assume that Ike would have reached zelgius' level in due time, but that was not time that anyone had to work with given the circumstances.

but the blessing that happened in the tower was given to ragnell not Ike (or Ike by proxy if you want to be that way), though you could argue that everyone in the tower was blessed directly given the laguz's "weapons" getting enhanced, but the only trait that the blessing seemed to have was the ability to penetrate mantle, no buffs, no class changes, just an unbreakable weapon(still pretty good though).

7 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

but the blessing that happened in the tower was given to ragnell not Ike (or Ike by proxy if you want to be that way), though you could argue that everyone in the tower was blessed directly given the laguz's "weapons" getting enhanced, but the only trait that the blessing seemed to have was the ability to penetrate mantle, no buffs, no class changes, just an unbreakable weapon(still pretty good though).

Granted, as long as you aren’t playing on easy. Then you get a global +5 to all stats.

Anyway yeah, I forgot Ike’s promotion was technically a “blessing”. I don’t think about promotions much with regards to the plot, and yeah, given everyone else can promote naturally it seems weird to think it canon that main characters would genuinely peak a tier lower without magical intervention.

Edited by Alastor15243

4 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Granted, as long as you aren’t playing on easy. Then you get a global +5 to all stats.

Anyway yeah, I forgot Ike’s promotion was technically a “blessing”. I don’t think about promotions much with regards to the plot, and yeah, given everyone else can promote naturally it seems weird to think it canon that main characters would genuinely peak a tier lower without magical intervention.

honestly, if you could class change Ike prior to part 4 he would be legitimately broken.

poor japanese mist doesn't get to class change until part 4 chapter 3

Edited by thecrimsonflash

19 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Ike, Sothe, and Micaiah are the only ones that entered their 3rd Tier promotions from a blessing from Yune through the story. And it seems to have been a rather powerful boost, as Ike and Sothe both comment on the power they feel, and Yune stating that Micaiah's blessing promotion will make her very powerful to be capable of handling most of the fighting. 

So storywise, Ike only achieved his father's level through the blessing. 

19 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ike, Sothe, and Micaiah are the only ones that entered their 3rd Tier promotions from a blessing from Yune through the story. And it seems to have been a rather powerful boost, as Ike and Sothe both comment on the power they feel, and Yune stating that Micaiah's blessing promotion will make her very powerful to be capable of handling most of the fighting. 

So storywise, Ike only achieved his father's level through the blessing. 

Nope, not buying it. By that logic Ike only beat Ashnard because Elincia tapped a sword on his shoulder. And given how utterly easy the fight with Zelgius is, it’s easy to say that initial power boost (ignoring the extra 20 level ups it allowed from a gameplay perspective) did not make or break Ike surpassing Greil.

Edited by Alastor15243

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

Nope, not buying it. By that logic Ike only beat Ashnard because Elincia tapped a sword on his shoulder. And given how utterly easy the fight with Zelgius is, it’s easy to say that initial power boost (ignoring the extra 20 level ups it allowed from a gameplay perspective) did not make or break Ike surpassing Greil.

Different story promotions have different contexts about what they do. Lord Ike is unusually on the weaker side, alongside Light Sage Micaiah and Prince Leif probably. On the other hand, Roy, Ephraim, Eirika, Eliwood, Hector, and RD Ike and Light Priestess Micaiah all actually seem to actually gain significant magical power on promotion.

Also:

Yune:
“How do you feel?”

Ike:
“…Strong. Like I can take on anyone.”

Sothe:
“Wow. Amazing… I feel incredible, like I could arm wrestle Skrimir.”

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Different story promotions have different contexts about what they do. Lord Ike is unusually on the weaker side, alongside Light Sage Micaiah and Prince Leif probably. On the other hand, Roy, Ephraim, Eirika, Eliwood, Hector, and RD Ike and Light Priestess Micaiah all actually seem to actually gain significant magical power on promotion.

Also:

Yune:
“How do you feel?”

Ike:
“…Strong. Like I can take on anyone.”

Sothe:
“Wow. Amazing… I feel incredible, like I could arm wrestle Skrimir.”

The thing is though, you can still easily have Ike be called Greil’s equal by Zelgius even at level 1 Vanguard. That tells me by the time you reach the tower and fight him, he’s surpassed Greil without the blessing’s help.

Edited by Alastor15243

21 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

The thing is though, you can still easily have Ike be called Greil’s equal by Zelgius even at level 1 Vanguard. That tells me by the time you reach the tower and fight him, he’s surpassed Greil without the blessing’s help.

There's a certain loose form of gameplay-story integration and segregation. 

In the manner over here, Ike's promotion of Vanguard is a blessing from a goddess and is a great power up. The stats and level of the promotion do not matter as storywise, Ike's promotion itself to Vanguard has made him become Greil's equal. Level 20 or Level 1, Ike is Greil's equal on both equations. 

You need to be able to realize how to understand the gameplay-story integration and segregation in these regards.

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

There's a certain loose form of gameplay-story integration and segregation. 

In the manner over here, Ike's promotion of Vanguard is a blessing from a goddess and is a great power up. The stats and level of the promotion do not matter as storywise, Ike's promotion itself to Vanguard has made him become Greil's equal. Level 20 or Level 1, Ike is Greil's equal on both equations. 

You need to be able to realize how to understand the gameplay-story integration and segregation in these regards.

Even in that context, if Sothe thinks the blessing was enough to let him arm wrestle Skrimir, I think it’s safe to say it’s not nearly as significant as it feels like. That screams of hyperbole.

Edited by Alastor15243

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Even in that context, if Sothe thinks the blessing was enough to let him arm wrestle Skrimir, I think it’s safe to say it’s not nearly as significant as it feels like. That screams of hyperbole.

But you ARE missing the context that this is a blessing from a GODDESS. Pretty sure that a blessing from a goddess is MORE than simple hyperbole. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But you ARE missing the context that this is a blessing from a GODDESS. Pretty sure that a blessing from a goddess is MORE than simple hyperbole. 

What makes you say that? She was very weak when she first woke up and continuously got tired from doing any sort of magic, and even when fully rested she barely had the strength to bless the weapons of the party with enough strength to pierce Ashera’s mantle. What makes you think she had enough strength to give Ike a boost so massive it’s inconceivable that Ike didn’t need it to surpass Greil?

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

What makes you say that? She was very weak when she first woke up and continuously got tired from doing any sort of magic, and even when fully rested she barely had the strength to bless the weapons of the party with enough strength to pierce Ashera’s mantle. What makes you think she had enough strength to give Ike a boost so massive it’s inconceivable that Ike didn’t need it to surpass Greil?

Because there's a difference between using one's powers to bless several people than to focus on just one person, which is what Yune did. She focused her power into a single person to bless. She even made the statement that with the power she grants Micaiah, she can handle enemies by herself. Yune never once indicates herself to lie or bluff, but rather says what she truly thinks. 

Of course, the goddesses themselves are inconsistent as hell, whether they are Ashera or Yune.

But the claim that the power up is minor and nothing more than a hyperbole is a rather poor excuse to use. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Because there's a difference between using one's powers to bless several people than to focus on just one person, which is what Yune did. She focused her power into a single person to bless. She even made the statement that with the power she grants Micaiah, she can handle enemies by herself. Yune never once indicates herself to lie or bluff, but rather says what she truly thinks. 

Of course, the goddesses themselves are inconsistent as hell, whether they are Ashera or Yune.

But the claim that the power up is minor and nothing more than a hyperbole is a rather poor excuse to use. 

Really? Then what about Ike’s behavior? Do you really think if it was only thanks to Yune that he became his father’s equal, he wouldn’t recognize that immediately?

2 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Really? Then what about Ike’s behavior? Do you really think if it was only thanks to Yune that he became his father’s equal, he wouldn’t recognize that immediately?

The fact that Ike comments that he can feel the power surging inside him, commenting that he felt "strong" and that he can "take on anyone" gives a very strong indication that he can tell that he's gotten stronger. Ike, and even Sothe for that matter, both are trained fighters, working to become as strong as they can be. So if they both notice that they feel themselves having grown stronger, like, actually FEEL it, that means they can tell that they've gotten a huge boost in power.

Alright, I just checked the script, and the blessing isn’t even relevant, because Zelgius and Ike weren’t talking about strength. They were talking about skill.

Ike: Was I as skillful as you remember my father in his prime years? Did you see his shadow in my sword?

[the screen goes white, then back to the battlefield]

Zelgius: I certainly did, Ike. Thanks to you, I was able to fight my master at the height of his glory days.

So I think this demonstrates that unless Yune actually just cheated and messed with his brain (which there’s no indication of) then yes, Ike did become Greil’s equal without Yune’s help.

Edited by Alastor15243

2 minutes ago, Xenovia said:

So...is this the Path of Radiance banner IS mentioned would be coming out in 2019 (after the Dream banner fiasco)?  If so, it looks like Jill won't be added to the game any time soon :( 

Last year is was announced that a Radiant Dawn banner will come out in January (Laguz royals). These seasonals are icing on the cake for Tellius fans.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Last year is was announced that a Radiant Dawn banner will come out in January (Laguz royals). These seasonals are icing on the cake for Tellius fans.

OOF.  I hope at least that Miledy will be added in the Binding Blade banner (instead of a Roy/Lilina/Cecilia alt).  So we get at least one OP wyvern rider.

15 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Alright, I just checked the script, and the blessing isn’t even relevant, because Zelgius and Ike weren’t talking about strength. They were talking about skill.

Ike: Was I as skillful as you remember my father in his prime years? Did you see his shadow in my sword?

[the screen goes white, then back to the battlefield]

Zelgius: I certainly did, Ike. Thanks to you, I was able to fight my master at the height of his glory days.

So I think this demonstrates that unless Yune actually just cheated and messed with his brain (which there’s no indication of) then yes, Ike did become Greil’s equal without Yune’s help.

As I mentioned before, Ike and Zelgius fought in Part 3, and if Ike wins, Zelgius comments that Ike is still not at Greil's level. 

Black Knight: Impressive. You have indeed begun to walk in Gawain’s footsteps.

Ike: Do you admit defeat, then?

Black Knight: No, but I have finished taking your measure. You have made great progress, but still fall short.

Ike: The next time we meet, it will be for the last time. I will avenge my father!

Black Knight: Continue to train, Ike, son of Gawain. We will meet again.

The empowerment of the blessing isn't simply a boost in raw power. Their skills and abilities would obviously grow as well. 

So Ike before the blessing not being a Greil's level, then soon enough getting a blessing and is suddenly at Greil's level. This jump in power is a clear indication that the blessing played a major part. 

Like, seriously. There isn't any reading between the lines here. It's straight up stated.