Nowi's parents discovered using logic!

Jotari

Nowi's an oddity in Awakening. She was thrown in there clearly  to capitalize on the loli dragon archtype without caring for how it actually interacts with the lore established in Mystery of the Emblem. Regardless, she's there now and IS clearly don't care, so it's up to the fans to discover what the hell her deal is. Watch as your magnificent OP proceeds to do so using completely unfailing logic.

First, we need to figure out what the hell Nowi even is. Like she's obviously a manakete, but what kind? The obvious suggestion is that she's a divine dragon, however she's never once identified as one in the text. It would be an assumption to believe she is. However, it'd be just an equal assumption to believe she's not. I believe she is a divine dragon with the evidence being the fact that she shares dragon stones with Tiki and can learn the WyrmsBane skill similar to how Divine Dragons deal effective damage to other dragon tribes in previous games. Some have suggested Tiki is merely using the stones of some other unidentified tribe, however this ability of hers actually isn't supported by lore and in heroes Adult Tiki's Special quote (where she uses type of sprite as Nowi) is "Breath of the Divine Dragon". Not Breath from a Divine Dragon, but the breath of the Divine Dragon. Which means at least as far as Heros is concerned (it canonicity to the main series is up to you), Adult Tiki is attacking using her powers as a Divine Dragon. So while it's ambiguous, there are far more reasons to assume Nowi is a Divine Dragon than to assume she's not a Divine Dragon.

So, with that being established, we need only look at the existing Divine Dragons to determine who Nowi's parents are. Those characters are Tiki, Naga, Nagi, Gotoh and Xane. I think we can strike Tiki off the list straight away, as if Nowi was her daughter then it would certainly have come up in conversation during the game. Likewise Naga/Nagi being Nowi's mother would have been commented on. Tiki is the voice of Naga and an important figure in the world. Her younger sister would not have been so casually dismissed without a comment. That leaves only one possibility...

Yes folks, it's the only rationale explanation. Tiki's parents are none other than Gotoh and Xane. I guess being the only matured Divine Dragons for thousand of years made them closer than one would expect...

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Explain to me how two guys can procreate with each other.

Xane could shapeshift into a woman first, but that would have to be temporary.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Nowi's parents were just some other random Divine Dragons.  But where they could've gotten additional Dragonstones is beyond me.  I'm just going to assume this is a plot hole/oversight that IS forgot to address properly.

Should point out that the Valentian Timeline reveals that the royal family of the Divine Dragons apart from Tiki perished from the war. So it's safe to say that there are now other Divine Dragons other than Gotoh and Xane. In fact, I believe in a Japanese only text about Nowi, she came from a Manakete village that's hidden. There could be other Divine Dragons there.

Also, Nowi states that she was born "left" which Donnel assumes west, and it is across the ocean. Since it can't be Valentia/Valm, as we go through that continent, there's only one other continent it could be, Jugdral. 

Of course, Fodlan could end up being on the same planet as Archanea, or at least I hope so, and that could be where Tiki's folks are from.

I'm guessing I'm missing something but Awakening shows that half-breeds can still use dragonstones right? Can't Morgan if you pair Nowi with Robin?

In that case, Nowi could be a descendant of Xane without needing him to transform into a female. 

Since Time Travel is a thing in this setting, we also can't rule out the possibility of Xane going back in time to find himself, one of him shapeshift into a woman and y'all already know where this is going.

5 minutes ago, ping said:

Since Time Travel is a thing in this setting, we also can't rule out the possibility of Xane going back in time to find himself, one of him shapeshift into a woman and y'all already know where this is going.

Certainly can't be ruled out. Naga is the one who grants the ability to time travel and she does it as a seemingly undead spirit. Xane as a divine dragon without his dragon stone can probably manage sending himself into the past if he could have come in contact with a completed Binding Shield.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Certainly can't be ruled out. Naga is the one who grants the ability to time travel and she does it as a seemingly undead spirit. Xane as a divine dragon without his dragon stone can probably manage sending himself into the past if he could have come in contact with a completed Binding Shield.

So you're basing your "logic" on probably's and could haves? No wonder you idea is so flimsy! Oh, and you still haven't come up with a solution to the Manakete gestation problem that I stated earlier.

28 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So you're basing your "logic" on probably's and could haves? No wonder you idea is so flimsy! Oh, and you still haven't come up with a solution to the Manakete gestation problem that I stated earlier.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth". That's all sciencey 'n shit.

7 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Do you seriously think I'm supporting the idea that Xane went back in time to impregnate himself to conceive Nowi?

8 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

I think Xane is the real Loptous.

Well he does say he hates humans...which is like the only trait we know about Loptous...

I do think he was Desaix's doppelganger in Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia. That guy didn't just look and act identically to Desaix, he had identical stats too. The only difference being that he had the Dragon Shield and Xane is a dragon. Coincidence? I think possibly not!

Edited by Jotari

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well he does say he hates humans...which is like the only trait we know about Loptous...

I do think he was Desaix's doppelganger in Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia. That guy didn't just look and act identically to Desaix, he had identical stats too. The only difference being that he had the Dragon Shield and Xane is a dragon. Coincidence? I think possibly not!

why is this thread not in FFtF?