IF their is a special edition, will it be hard to get?

Stone76

My first FE game was Conquest so I'm still kinda new to the series as a whole and I'm not sure how difficult special editions were to get near launch in the past. Are special editions easy to purchase near launch or do they sell out extremely quickly? I'm not sure b/c the warriors special edition is still p cheap but warriors also had mixed reviews and wasn't a main game

22 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

if you don't preorder you get what you get, seriously, if you are worried, keep an eye out, special editions are always in short supply.

no I plan to preorder but like I'm just saying I'm not sure if preorders sell out quickly or not

30 minutes ago, Slumber said:

They sell out quickly. Scalpers are really bad when it comes to FE games. The Fates special edition was a total train-wreck.

Hey, those paid for my sophomore year textbooks!

1 hour ago, Stone76 said:

My first FE game was Conquest so I'm still kinda new to the series as a whole and I'm not sure how difficult special editions were to get near launch in the past. Are special editions easy to purchase near launch or do they sell out extremely quickly? I'm not sure b/c the warriors special edition is still p cheap but warriors also had mixed reviews and wasn't a main game

special editions( or rather, limited editions in the case of Fates ) usually get sold quickly due to being, well, limited in quantity.

Gamestop for example had some issues before with canceled pre-orders due to lack of copies. the fact that i got my pre-ordered limited edition of Fates 3 weeks after launch worried me enough back at the time. sadly, the luck i had with Fates didn't manage to stay around for Echoes too, so in the end i missed that limited edition.

there's even Amiibos of Echoes like Celica that are hard to come by( unless you want to spend way more than their standard price ), so that's one more thing to consider.

long story short: if you really believe the special/limited edition of a FE game is worth your money( game, DLCs, artbooks, music, posters, whatever ), don't wait for it. pre-order as soon as you can.

Edited by Fenreir

Yeah they are hard to get, I had to have my mom preorder both the Fates and SoV special editions on the first day they were up to make sure I could get them.  I always preorder in store I do GameStop since it is close to home and the manager remembers me (being the only white girl who shops there is nice), and I always pay my preorder in full within a week of placing it.  I have never had a preorder canceled so I recommend paying in full when you order.

Depends where you're based. PAL versions of Warriors and SoV were/are pretty easy to get. Fates was a disaster but that was pretty much peak 3DS & Fire Emblem popularity. 

When preordering in Europe look for shops that get their games from one of Nintendo's official distributors like Conquest Entertainment in Poland/Czech Rep. - that lowers the possibility of a cancellation. 

Yeah. The moment pre-orders go up, jump at it. Waited too long in the case of Fates and was rewarded with unavailable online stock and the closest available physical retailer being 100+(!) miles away. Recommend using some online tracker to catch any available shipments. 

Fates was hard to get but it was it was from a massively marketed game and actually had something worthwhile in its collector's edition (all three routes on a single cartridge). I picked up SoV's collectors edition at a store after launch day without any trouble.

Mixed bag. Fates like others mentioned, big oof. Warriors I got the special edition nearly 40% off just a few months after launch. I am not going to be taking any precautions and I'm going to hold onto my money waiting for one to pop up. They did special edition stuff even for Diablo 3 for Switch, so I guarantee we'll be getting something!

Listing's up at Best Buy but pre-order is unavailable. I don't think they lost available limits so quickly so they probably just don't do them on SEs of Nintendo products anymore cuz of all the issues. Personally I'm gonna try picking it up there since I still got my GCU with them.

1 minute ago, Kanethedragon said:

Listing's up at Best Buy but pre-order is unavailable. I don't think they lost available limits so quickly so they probably just don't do them on SEs of Nintendo products anymore cuz of all the issues. Personally I'm gonna try picking it up there since I still got my GCU with them.

pre-order unavailable??? That's where I just got mine

2 minutes ago, Kanethedragon said:

Just got mine from there. You had to give them a minute too update their store to allow preorders.

Amazon doesn't have it listed yet though

8 minutes ago, Stone76 said:

pre-order unavailable??? That's where I just got mine

All I see on the app is "coming soon" granted if I put it on my list to save I could probably pre-order it.

-Edit- Yeah Preorder is available. Gotta do it via PC though instead of through the app.

Edited by Kanethedragon