School and Heteronormativity

FigurativelyDeadBooty

Did the stuff. Good luck.

Btw, I mind because I feel it safest for you to use the messaging system on this site to contact me, so do so if you wish.

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout
Needed to say something.

Did the survey. There's one thing I'd like to comment, however:

Do you feel children are disadvantaged when raised in non-nuclear families?

The question is a bit vague, because 'disadvantaged' can mean many things. I said 'yes' because educating children is hard, and single parents usually have a harder time taking care of everything concerning their child versus sharing their burden with another parent. This doesn't however back up the general cliche that fatherless (or grandfather-less) families lead to delinquent children because of the lack of a male reference, which as far as I've seen has no evidence backing the allegation up.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:49 AM, Rapier said:

Did the survey. There's one thing I'd like to comment, however:

The question is a bit vague, because 'disadvantaged' can mean many things. I said 'yes' because educating children is hard, and single parents usually have a harder time taking care of everything concerning their child versus sharing their burden with another parent. This doesn't however back up the general cliche that fatherless (or grandfather-less) families lead to delinquent children because of the lack of a male reference, which as far as I've seen has no evidence backing the allegation up.

Yeah, the phrasing of that question is SUPER loaded. From an absolutely LITERAL standpoint, a child would absolutely be "disadvantaged" in the sense that they would have access to fewer raw resources that an additional support figure would provide, such as time, money, connections, etc.

But that's not the only interpretation of that question. As you pointed out, there is the implication that the child would be affected mentally or psychologically which has a completely different meaning than the literal context of the question.

Edited by dragonlordsd