Let's speculate/overthink about trivia! (Spoilers!)

Yukiko

I recently rewatched a playthrough of both PoR and RD and there are a couple of little details that piqued my curiosity, but were never explained further, nor in the games, nor in other material such as the "Tellius Recollection" books. So I wanted to discuss them with you, since I rarely see them being brought up (except for the first one maybe...). I'd really like to hear your thoughts, since we have no official confirmation about those facts and also because I adore speculating about videogames and their characters. Important: the discussion contains spoilers about the plot.

Was Vika captured or was she born as a slave like Muarim? Vika is a character we know almost nothing about and I've always wondered about her origins. I read through all of her quotes but there isn't any hint about this and both of the options seem equally likely. If I were to guess I'd say she was born as a slave and that she isn't from Kilvas. In fact, ravens are often described as sly and cunning, while Vika seems to be rather honest, kind and in no way treacherous.

How can Sephiran have human hears while Lehran has pointy hears? How can he change their shape? Does he use magic? Or is it something the developers didn't take care of and forgot about? I really think the answer is the latter... They could have just used his long hair to cover the hears! And is he still able to fly? It was said that he lost his powers, but I have the impression that it refers to the fact that he can't use galdrar magic anymore... So I actually think he can still fly.

The last question is about the Laguz kings' meetings that takes place at the end of chapter 14 in Path of Radiance. While the kings are discussing about Crimea's situation, Deghinsea scolds Naesala for attacking the Beorc ship that was carrying Elincia (the attacks happens in chapter 12). Naesala seems to be aware of the fact that Elincia was on that ship as he shows no surprise. Caineghis, instead, gets angry and the Raven king replies saying the following:

Naesala
Don't act surprised! I have no intention of ruling some tiny island nation forever. I will make Kilvas a name to remember!
To that end, no amount of gold is enough. Laguz or beorc, I care not. If the pay is right, there's nothing I won't do.

Really, why should Caineghis be angry or surprised? Everyone in Tellius knows that ravens plunder as many ships as they can. It shouldn't be a surprise that Elincia's ship was attacked too. Unless... Considering the Lion king's reaction and the fact that Naesala seems to be aware of whom he attacked... Did the writers want to hint that Naesala had the intention of capturing Elincia and maybe sell her to Daein? A princess who barely escaped from her homeland couldn't have with her a lot of gold and treasures. So, plundering her ship probably wasn't that convenient. And it wouldn't be surprising from Naesala to sell her to Daein, considering that he sold his childhood friend Reyson to gain some more gold.

What do you guys think about this? Let me hear your thoughts!

For Vika I strongly suspect she was either born a slave or spend most of her life as one. She's naturally pessimistic with Michy's offer to visit her immediately being met with the expectation she won't actually do it. A lifetime of slavery would make anyone rather sullen. Her kinda revealing attire might also have stemmed from that time. I guess Tormod and Muarin eventually broke her out and that's why she stuck with them. 

Kidnapping Elincia and selling her off or at the very least robbing her blind while she flees is definitely something Naesalla would do. But that's something we know and that Caineghis doesn't necessarily know himself. Galia doesn't border Kilvas and Dheginsea said it was a long time since all kings met so maybe the kings of Galia and Kilvas don't know each other very well. The Laguz are also pretty big on honor with only the Ravens being an exception. Caineghis might just think that a true Laguz wouldn't have the heart to attack a girl who already lost everything. 

Sephiran doesn't look like a Heron primarily because it would give away the plot twist too easily if he did. But there's definitely some magic involved and a flashback shows he can indeed sprout wings when he wants to. When villagers tell him about Serenes one of them screams about wings growing from his back.

Edited by Etrurian emperor