Any male here suffered from low testosterone? What was your experience? (NOT ASKING FOR MEDICAL ADVICE)

Fryer

Greetings all, I hope this isn't violating the rules of the forums.

I got diagnosed with low testosterone as a 19 year old male last month. My results came out with 131 ng/dL and 0.7 ng/dL of free T. I took up weightlifting 10 months ago but did not have much strength or muscle gains despite eating at a caloric surplus and sleeping 7-8 hours a night. Decided to get my blood checked and low and behold, these numbers came out.

Outside the gym, I felt relative normal. Yet I did feel occasional bouts of depression and I rarely ever have a sex drive.

Anyone experienced this before? I am not asking for help, but I curious about other people's issues.

I've been diagnosed with kallmann syndrome since I was born and as such my body doesn't even produce testosterone on it's own. I've taken measures to assure I get the levels I need(shots, rubbing gel, etc.) but every now and I again if I forget, I do tend to get relatively tired pretty quickly because I don't have the levels I need. Also there are times when I run out of the stuff and can't get a prescription for a week and yeah I start to feel really under the weather. 

2 hours ago, Fryer said:

Greetings all, I hope this isn't violating the rules of the forums.

I got diagnosed with low testosterone as a 19 year old male last month. My results came out with 131 ng/dL and 0.7 ng/dL of free T. I took up weightlifting 10 months ago but did not have much strength or muscle gains despite eating at a caloric surplus and sleeping 7-8 hours a night. Decided to get my blood checked and low and behold, these numbers came out.

Outside the gym, I felt relative normal. Yet I did feel occasional bouts of depression and I rarely ever have a sex drive.

Anyone experienced this before? I am not asking for help, but I curious about other people's issues.

Do you know what exactly caused it?

2 hours ago, Lyon's Dirge said:

Do you know what exactly caused it?

No idea. I did an MRI scan recently and I am expecting the results anytime soon. My endocrinologist believes there may be a tumor in my pituitary gland. If I can be honest, I may have been like this for at least 2 years now.

I don't feel like death exactly but I am far from a functioning healthy man. I've been lifting for about 10 months now and gained 20 lbs, the most I can bench is 100 lbs (including the bar) and squat 2 plates, both for a rep. In case you aren't gym savvy, this is rather unimpressive for a average male. I've also had periods where I feel down and mentally disturbed.

Make sure to keep your doctors updated on how you feel and whatnot.  But since this isn't really a discussion, and IMO a bit too personal. . .yeah.  Good luck with that, since I can't really relate.