What defines your favorite characters?

What is most important for your favorite units?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rank these qualities:

• Performance > Appearance > Personality
    • Performance > Personality > Appearance
    • Appearance > Performance > Personality
    • Appearance > Personality > Performance
    • Personality > Performance > Appearance
    • Personality > Appearance > Performance

4 hours ago, LJwalhout said:

There isn't really an aspect that I find more important than another when I decide which characters I Iike. I try to look at all aspects and then evaluate my overall opinion based on these factors.

Because of this some of the characters that Iike are mostly because of gameplay (Fee, Asvel, Rutger, Percival, Marcus, Palla and Robin) some because of their appearance (Deirdre, Nanna, Dagdar and Ike) and others because of their personality (Tiltyu, Azel, Zihark & Inigo). Most characters that are my favourites are really strong in 2 of these categories and average in another (Seliph, Innes, Celica, Titania, Haar, Frederick, Quan & Ares). The only character that I think is good in all 3 categories is Leif. Also, if a characters is really strong in 1 category but weak in all others than there is still a change that I will dislike them (Micaiah & Corrin). Same with characters that are average in 2 categories and horrible in one (Gwendolyn, trainees in fe8 & Nowi).

The game that they're from is also very important because some games I like a lot and some games I don't like that much. Fe4, Fe5 & Fe6 characters are ranked higher on average then characters from the other games because I like these games more, play them more often because of this and have more experiences with their characters because of this. Meanwhile fe8 & fe13 only has a couple characters that I like a lot and the most positive I'm about a fe14 character is neutral. This has nothing to do with the writing quality, it's just that I don't care much about these games and because of that I don't care about the characters unless there is something about them that I really like.

Looking at your post activity and every comment you make I think that if I need to write an essay I will ask you for help :P

On 20-2-2019 at 1:47 AM, Critical Sniper said:

Looking at your post activity and every comment you make I think that if I need to write an essay I will ask you for help :P

Seems fun, as long as I'm not doing everything and I'm not busy with other things. But be sure to check the grammar since that's not something I'm good at (btw what do you mean with post activity?).

Also can there be the option Performance=Apppearance=Personality?

I'd say Personality is first. I might like units at first for their appearance or their performance, but to pick my favourites they need to have some interesting personality. Heck, sometimes I'm training units who on paper perform badly, but my devotion will pay the bill, so performance can be put on the bottom of the list. I like some units for their appearance, but usually not my favourite picks when they are boring personality-wise. Personality is their character, that is what makes them interesting - either if they are heroes or villains. Appearance and performance can help picking favourites, but sometimes they can be deceiving.

14 hours ago, LJwalhout said:

Seems fun, as long as I'm not doing everything and I'm not busy with other things. But be sure to check the grammar since that's not something I'm good at (btw what do you mean with post activity?).

I mean of course! If I ever need help I will ask you, oh by post activity I meant more so how your posts are in every topic,  unlike I, you seem to think them out and then deliver the best product. Mine has errors and I'm the type to send and then edit. :P

On 2/19/2019 at 1:59 PM, LJwalhout said:

There isn't really an aspect that I find more important then another when I decide which characters I Iike. I try to look at all aspects and then evaluate my overall opinion based on these factors.

Because of this some of the characters that Iike are mostly because of gameplay (Fee, Asvel, Rutger, Percival, Marcus, Palla and Robin) some because of their appearance (Deirdre, Nanna, Dagdar and Ike) and others because of their personality (Tiltyu, Azel, Zihark & Inigo). Most characters that are my favourites are really strong in 2 of these categories and average in another (Seliph, Innes, Celica, Titania, Haar, Frederick, Quan & Ares). The only character that I think is good in all 3 categories is Leif. Also, if a characters is really strong in 1 category but weak in all others than there is still a huge change that I will dislike them (Micaiah & Corrin). Same with characters that are average in 2 categories and horrible in one (Gwendolyn, trainees in fe8 & Nowi).

The game that they're from is also very important because some games I like a lot and some games I don't like that much. Fe4, Fe5 & Fe6 characters are ranked higher on average then characters from the other games because I like these games more, play them more often because of this and have more experiences with their characters because of this. Meanwhile fe8 & fe13 only has a couple characters that I like a lot and the most positive I'm about a fe14 character is neutral. This has nothing to do with the writing quality, it's just that I don't care much about these games and because of that I don't care about the characters unless there is something about them that I really like.

This sounds like a more accurate way of how I look at characters, right down to the part where the game they come from is important: most of my favorite characters are concentrated in the games I like (Tellius, Fates, SoV, and Awakening), but on the other hand, the most positive I can feel about most Jugdral characters (read: everyone except Lana, Safy, Sara, Tina, and Linoan) is neutral.

Edited by Shadow Mir