Bound Hero Battle (Ablaze): Cherche & Virion

SatsumaFSoysoy

Rosanne's former Duke and his servant stand in our way of 8 precious orbs...

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

0Mxvpl3.png

Infernal

Spoiler

9Ejj6iw.png

Infernal Enemy Stats

Cherche

Spoiler

HP: 73
Atk: 56
Spd: 23
Def: 35
Res: 17

Weapon: Cherche's Axe
Assist: Pivot
Special: Draconic Aura (charged)

A: Atk 3
B: Spd/Res Link 3
C: Fortify Def 3
S: 

Virion

Spoiler

HP: 75
Atk: 48
Spd: 36
Def: 29
Res: 15

Weapon: Silver Bow+ [Spd]
Assist:
Special: Astra (1 cd)

A: Brazen Atk/Res 3
B: Null Follow-Up 3
C: Atk Opening 3
S: 

Lance Cavalier

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 51
Spd: 27
Def: 28
Res: 33

Weapon: Slaying Spear+
Assist:
Special: Moonbow

A: Mirror Stance 3
B: Guard 3
C: Drive Res 2
S: 

Sword Pegasus

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 45
Spd: 38
Def: 23
Res: 39

Weapon: Slaying Edge+
Assist: Rally Atk/Spd+
Special: Glacies

A: Brazen Def/Res 3
B: Chill Def 3
C: Air Orders 3
S: 

Red Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 45
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Rauðrraven+
Assist:
Special: Glimmer

A: Death Blow 3
B: Vantage 3
C: Drive Spd 2
S: 

Bow Knight

Spoiler

HP: 55
Atk: 47
Spd: 19
Def: 27
Res: 27

Weapon: Brave Bow+
Assist: Harsh Command
Special: Growing Flame

A: Atk/Res 2
B: Bowbreaker 3
C: Def Ploy 3
S: 

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cecilia sniped the lance cav over the trenches and got repositioned back by Reinhardt. On my next player phase, Titania fried Cherche and Reinhardt zapped Virion. Then Titania (with DD3 seal equipped) deleted the bow cav while Reinhardt shot down the flier. Then the mage killed herself at Reinhardt and stage clear.

Inferno Virion had enough raw hp to survive Reinhardt, which was surprising. Figured I'd get away with being lazy since he doesn't have Res worth jack, but I ended up actually needing to position properly (which is code for 'smack Virion once with a pain staff') before Reinhardt got to Vantage sweep.

26 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Inferno Virion had enough raw hp to survive Reinhardt, which was surprising.

no idea what you’re talking about
Screenshot_20190212-155034.png

I mean yes, mine is +Atk, +2, under a Hone Cav buff, runs DB3 and Atk+3 but hey

Infernal Cherche & Virion in one turn:

My Cherche is faster ;-) 

Luckily I had more time than anticipated this morning. Cheers!  

Man I didn't expect this to work so well.

Hard cleared with low HM units, though I was surprised to see Alm nearly get 1-rounded by Cherche on enemy phase.

Lunatic cleared with Kliff, Summer Xander, Alm and Leon, wherein Xander tanked the pegasus and cav well near the end, Kliff didn't get to 1-shot anything and took a couple of well-aimed hits and Leon proved surprisingly effective.

Infernal cleared with M!Robin, M!Marth, NY!Fjorm and Brinian. M!Robin was the MVP hands down with QR on him, taking out the archers and red units on his own while I probably could have had him take on the cav if I was in the mood, likely as it was to not work. Fjorm took out it and Cherche, with Robin finishing on the pegasus thanks to her Atk/Spd link.

Edited by Dayni

With that starting map position, I'm surprised Cherche doesn't have Flier Formation. EDIT: I meant Aerobatics, but I forgot that Air Orders gives both Flier Formation and Aerobatics and not just Flier Formation.

I'll try this one out later... busy catching up at work from being sick yesterday.

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lt. Serge

Lol. Most of the jokes fly over my head, but I got this one.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@mampfoid Oh my god when I saw “my Cherche is faster” I was assuming faster than their Cherche not their Virion! Amazing as always, especially getting Cherche to double things she really shouldn’t be able (also props for getting Cherche to kill Virion because that seems appropriate).

I originally was just gonna let the mages handle this, but it felt weird to not let Cherche do anything for her own BHB.

A couple of new inheritance skills make their debut here, and that red mage is what finally made up my mind about Joint Hone Speed. Luckily I had a few pitybreakers with Drive Attack to give it to someone else (and hey, it’s not like Celica struggles to kill anything these days). Fury 4 is already turning out to be a great choice on Celica so thanks Greil! Overall this felt like a really easy BHB, that or my team’s gotten a lot stronger.

@mampfoid Cool as always! It always feel weird to see Hector as a Smite bot but then again, it's not like these kinds of maps require his sheer powress. 

@kirauza343 Fury 4 on Celica, nice! It's also very interesting to see you use speedy Micaiah, I'm a bit too used to use her as a nuke (i.e doing tons of one-shots in the Duma map) that I forget she can do more than that. 

A classic Eirika clear, this one took 3 tries because That Guidance-like skill caught me off-guard twice but outside of that it wasn't very hard (Cherche hits really hard, though).

This is an Awakening map so I'll probably do a Cordelia Emblem +daughter clear later this week.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

My Cherche is faster ;-) 

Indeed she is. Her quatting Virion was incredibly amusing to see. Hector seemed to be throwing Roy at the velocity of a cannonball with how he impacted. No chance for the enemy at all. Congrats!

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I originally was just gonna let the mages handle this, but it felt weird to not let Cherche do anything for her own BHB.

Good decision! I loved seeing Cherche sweep the sword flier. Your mages handled themselves excellently of course. I think the ease is a combination of the map being simple and just having better and better skills available over time,

As for my clears:

@mcsilas @Landmaster @daisy jane @Azuris @Sasori @ruruo @Zeo

Music: Hills of Radiant Wind - Nier Gestalt/Replicant 

Wow, this one was over in an instant. Probably the least difficult challenge map for the Takusquad so far. The reason today's music is so breezy is.. because it was a breeze really. I would have cleared it first try, but I had to go back and equip Bowbreaker on Skadikumi. Not much else to say about this one, except that I actually liked the ease since I didn't have to invest a lot of time.

Next for the Princesses:

Music: The Lost Forest - Nier Gestalt/Replicant

Not quite as simple for the girls, mostly thanks to the Ravenmage. I also had to do some Atk stacking ong Senkura (since I didn't want to cheese with Kinoka), which was a bit vexing. Today marked the first time I earnestly thought "If only she wasn't -Atk.", which is... a bad sign for things to come. Still, not too big of a deal clearing this map. 

I think I can managed to squeeze out at least one Star Squad clear. Maybe tomorrow or the day after, we'll see.

I will probably figure this out with FlySquad - I have no doubt they can handle it. but I was determined to give myself a little bit of a challenge, and use  MagicSquad instead. and by that,, I mean, instead of using Myrrh to solve the problem, I decided to use Ophelia to solve the problem. Ahh. Bless Nukes. For Hard and Lunatic, I used Tharja as the cheerleader/debuffer/buffer for Ophelia, but it simply was not working - because of the cool new C skill of Air Orders. So, i had to run another Dancer. (so. yes. ;) my goal of not running dancers... not today!) 

MagicSquad was:
HS!Micaiah - +Atk/-Res 
Lewyn +def/-res 
Ophelia +spd 
and Minizura (neutral)

I honestly feel i have to record all my attempts until i get it because i got it after the third try (first time w/Azura) then it took me FOREVER to remember for recording. (so don't be impressed that i didn't need the guide ;) ) i just did it so many times i didn't need it. 

@Nanima,, @mcsilas, @Landmaster 
(sorry everyone else. SF decided i can't tag other people)

@mampfoid

Wow that was fast. Yay for Hector again. And at least in this one it didn't seem Roy had problems getting into WoM range after the merge change. Also only Darting Blow 1 seal? I thought you might like that one.

Very nice 1 turn clear again. Well done.

@Alexmender

That map may have been a bit too easy for your Eirika skills. Even though Cherche did hurt it was nothing your Eirika couldn't handle. Very nice clear again. Good job.

@Nanima

You keep getting better and better and then they give you a map that isn't all too hard. I hope you could enjoy the break instead of being disappointed. As for the clear, great movement and sniping as always and I also really like how you set up most of them to get hit by Skadi's effect.

Some nice healer damage in the Princess clear again. Ouch did that red mage hurt, but your Sakuras still managed to overcome it and take him down.

Great clears again. Well done.

I just realized that both Virion and Cherche are drawn by Wada Sachiko.

It took me a little bit of finagling with my skills, but I managed to clear this one pretty easily with my infantry Lyn squad:

+10 Lyn [+Spd] (Sol Katti [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wrath 3, Spur Spd 3, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Drive Def 2, Drive Def 2)

The only skills that ended up needing to be switched out were Lyn's Def Ploy 3 for Atk Ploy 3 and Bride Lyn's Drive Res 2 for a second stack of Drive Def 2.

Legendary Lyn did what she does best and tanks both Virion and the red mage on the first turn, killing the red mage because fuck the weapon triangle. Virion, Cherche, and the lance knight are both killed on the next player phase. With Atk Ploy, Distant Guard, and the two stacks of Drive Def, the Brave Bow bow knight is unable to kill anyone on his next turn, leaving the enemy open to being finished off on turn 3.

It's so nice that the merge update removed the Def Flaw on all four of them.

One of these days I'll replace Lyn's and Legendary Lyn's C skills with something actually useful.

No great trouble this time. Julia, Lucina, and Ike cleaned house as usual, with Linde tagging along as spare of the week. Unfortunately my original plan of Julia sniping Virion on turn 1 got negated by his Astra charge, but she ended up wiping out him, Cherche, and the lance cavalier anyway. Linde took out the mage and pegasus, while Ike got the bow cavalier. It's remarkable how much damage that pre-charged Draconic Aura does though. Even Ike got easily obliterated. I could have buffed him with some stuff, but why bother with that when Julia can just Naga-bomb anything that looks at her funny?

Sorry I'm late, took a while to figure this out with the team I wanted to do, which was Mia and Soren Emblem!~

Hardest part was getting it so they can actually get full kills on the turn when they're all cornered. Key ended up giving Mia Desperation since she needs it to get rid of Cherche without taking too much damage (or needing H!Mia to waste a turn healing her). V!Soren needed all those Def and Res (Including Brazen) buffs to be able to survive the first turn and Mia needed DD3 to live the Bow Cav. The rest ended up being down to positioning since OG!Soren needs to be around enough Allies to kill the Bow Cav. Those trees really ended up saving both Sorens lives~

Now for the replies!

16 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Cherche & Virion in one turn:

My Cherche is faster ;-) 

Luckily I had more time than anticipated this morning. Cheers!  

Your Cherche out Cherche’d their Cherche~

9 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid Oh my god when I saw “my Cherche is faster” I was assuming faster than their Cherche not their Virion! Amazing as always, especially getting Cherche to double things she really shouldn’t be able (also props for getting Cherche to kill Virion because that seems appropriate).

A couple of new inheritance skills make their debut here, and that red mage is what finally made up my mind about Joint Hone Speed. Luckily I had a few pitybreakers with Drive Attack to give it to someone else (and hey, it’s not like Celica struggles to kill anything these days). Fury 4 is already turning out to be a great choice on Celica so thanks Greil! Overall this felt like a really easy BHB, that or my team’s gotten a lot stronger.

Celica pretty much handled the map herself, the others just picked off whatever she couldn’t

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

A classic Eirika clear, this one took 3 tries because That Guidance-like skill caught me off-guard twice but outside of that it wasn't very hard (Cherche hits really hard, though).

This is an Awakening map so I'll probably do a Cordelia Emblem +daughter clear later this week.

Eirika just needed those buffs and was good to eat the whole map. Cheche came close to getting the KO but she took it like a champ, nice job!

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

Music: Hills of Radiant Wind - Nier Gestalt/Replicant 

Wow, this one was over in an instant. Probably the least difficult challenge map for the Takusquad so far. The reason today's music is so breezy is.. because it was a breeze really. I would have cleared it first try, but I had to go back and equip Bowbreaker on Skadikumi. Not much else to say about this one, except that I actually liked the ease since I didn't have to invest a lot of time.

Next for the Princesses:

Music: The Lost Forest - Nier Gestalt/Replicant

Not quite as simple for the girls, mostly thanks to the Ravenmage. I also had to do some Atk stacking ong Senkura (since I didn't want to cheese with Kinoka), which was a bit vexing. Today marked the first time I earnestly thought "If only she wasn't -Atk.", which is... a bad sign for things to come. Still, not too big of a deal clearing this map. 

I think I can managed to squeeze out at least one Star Squad clear. Maybe tomorrow or the day after, we'll see.

Takusquad did good to snipe fully Charged Cherche quickly~ Virion also went down with ease. Skadkumi’s tanky enough to handle that annoying Bow Cav and Nyakumi deals with Raventome with no problem. Nice to see OGTaku getting the final kill.

I like the strategy you went with taking the map from the left side in both cases. Never occurred to me to try it myself when I was killing off half my Barracks, haha! Well, Senkura’s a little toughie taking Cherche out as easily as Takumi, not to mention the Bow Cav. Which is super satisfying to see for a Flier (and as -Atk!). The Raventome Mage was annoying but nothing Sakura and Sakunyan couldn’t handle. All the chip damage made it easy for everyone to go down here, the last Sword Flier never stood a chance. Nice strategy on both clears!

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I will probably figure this out with FlySquad - I have no doubt they can handle it. but I was determined to give myself a little bit of a challenge, and use  MagicSquad instead. and by that,, I mean, instead of using Myrrh to solve the problem, I decided to use Ophelia to solve the problem. Ahh. Bless Nukes. For Hard and Lunatic, I used Tharja as the cheerleader/debuffer/buffer for Ophelia, but it simply was not working - because of the cool new C skill of Air Orders. So, i had to run another Dancer. (so. yes. ;) my goal of not running dancers... not today!) 

MagicSquad was:
HS!Micaiah - +Atk/-Res 
Lewyn +def/-res 
Ophelia +spd 
and Minizura (neutral)

I honestly feel i have to record all my attempts until i get it because i got it after the third try (first time w/Azura) then it took me FOREVER to remember for recording. (so don't be impressed that i didn't need the guide ;) ) i just did it so many times i didn't need it. 

Ophelia and Lewyn with two Dancers. It’s almost not even fair, Ophelia just blows everyone up. I will also be forever bitter you didn’t let Micaiah blow up the Bow Cav BUT we can let Lewyn do it so Ophelia’s not just stealing the show

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

My attempt:

Oh lord, Galeforce Naesala is a monster, that was a nice clean clear, glad Marth and Caeda got to show up again~

I found quite funny how Cherche has pretty much all her basic skills with only so flavour added (the B Skill and Cherche's Axe)... compared with Virion that has his ABC Skillset replaced with premium skills... all of them xD.

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I found quite funny how Cherche has pretty much all her basic skills with only so flavour added (the B Skill and Cherche's Axe)... compared with Virion that has his ABC Skillset replaced with premium skills... all of them xD.

He was tired of being the butt of everyone's jokes so he got gud~

I have a new video too! I actually figured I'd find a solution for this one quickly, so I recorded while still attempting the first clear this time. :) No stat page views this time because it's the same team and setup as last time.

Yes, expect a lot of Frederick-related titles in my videos, because he's the core of a lot of my strats. lol

Also, nice try there against him, Virion. lmao

Edited by Anacybele

18 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

no idea what you’re talking about
Screenshot_20190212-155034.png

I mean yes, mine is +Atk, +2, under a Hone Cav buff, runs DB3 and Atk+3 but hey

I'm running -blade CC Reinhardt, I kill everyone except the red tome by the end of the first enemy phase.