Bound Hero Battle (Ablaze): Cherche & Virion

SatsumaFSoysoy

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

I found quite funny how Cherche has pretty much all her basic skills with only so flavour added (the B Skill and Cherche's Axe)... compared with Virion that has his ABC Skillset replaced with premium skills... all of them xD.

Do you think Virion should be built with those skills he got in the BHB? 

OT: This BHB was very easy for Tibarn, Naesala, Leanne and Reyson. 

Edited by Icelerate

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found quite funny how Cherche has pretty much all her basic skills with only so flavour added (the B Skill and Cherche's Axe)... compared with Virion that has his ABC Skillset replaced with premium skills... all of them xD.

The skills in the same slots as Virion's default skills still follow the same theme as his default skills, though, which is a nice touch. Defiant Res was replaced by Brazen Atk/Res, which boosts Res after taking damage, and Seal Spd was replaced by Null Follow-Up, which restricts the opponent's ability to perform follow-up attacks.

Edited by Ice Dragon

It's worth noting that this launch unit, two years later, still has the highest Atk stat of any Axe Flier. Her son slightly powercreeps her with 2 more Def and 3 Res (which is still trash), but otherwise, Cherche I guess has held up statistically. -To speak of in a little symbolism.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's worth noting that this launch unit, two years later, still has the highest Atk stat of any Axe Flier. Her son slightly powercreeps her with 2 more Def and 3 Res (which is still trash), but otherwise, Cherche I guess has held up statistically. -To speak of in a little symbolism.

You can't call Gerome power creep when Cherche not only has a legendary-tier Brave Axe, which has 3 Atk over the inheritable version, but also just beats him by 3 Atk outright even before the weapon is considered.

And with the merge update, she (160-161) is now in the same stat bracket (160-164) as Gerome (164).

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's worth noting that this launch unit, two years later, still has the highest Atk stat of any Axe Flier. Her son slightly powercreeps her with 2 more Def and 3 Res (which is still trash), but otherwise, Cherche I guess has held up statistically.

Yeah, but that's not too impressive when you realize that we haven't gotten many new axe fliers to compete with her. Narcian, Michalis, Gerome, NY Azura, Summer Innes I think...and is that it? In terms of those that have been added, not there at launch. And three of them are free units who are always mediocre while one is a dancer/singer which always has lowish Atk.

19 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Do you think Virion should be built with those skills he got in the BHB? 

OT: This BHB was very easy for Tibarn, Naesala, Leanne and Reyson. 

If you seriously want to build Virion, the generic Archer st 101 is still the best bet(Brave/Firesweep). Sadly he wasn't as good as he used to be

...to be exact as hard it is to believe Virion was Tier 3 for a stupidly long time in every tier list once things really settled. His statsline is actually really unfair

@AnacybeleFunny you mention it, but Michalis is actually better than every flier you listed except Azura, and is Top 5 alongside Minerva Cherche

Hauteclere is really stupid good. Camilla is also close in terms of how good she is overall but shes not as monstrous offensively as Mich

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but that's not too impressive when you realize that we haven't gotten many new axe fliers to compete with her. Narcian, Michalis, Gerome, NY Azura, Summer Innes I think...and is that it? In terms of those that have been added, not there at launch. And three of them are free units who are always mediocre while one is a dancer/singer which always has lowish Atk.

You're correct. Narcian and Michalis are pretty much launch units too. So non-launch has only given three Axe Fliers, two of whom are Seasonal, reasonable since Axe Fliers weren't a thing until FE9. They're actually canonically rare.

Axe Cavs have an even smaller pool so far, if slightly larger canonically. The game in its early days had only Gunter (inferior Fred), Freddyteddybear, and later the Fairy Queen. Walhart is effectively a boon/baneless Frederick the Great, so only Fonnyhop and Bride Marth have added diversity the Axe Cav pool.

For so a game of so many, when you really think about, some categories are strapped for units, and not just those FEH has practically invented like Dagger Flier.

26 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Funny you mention it, but Michalis is actually better than every flier you listed except Azura, and is Top 5 alongside Minerva Cherche

Hauteclere is really stupid good. Camilla is also close in terms of how good she is overall but shes not as monstrous offensively as Mich

I see. I'd use Minerva and Michalis more, but my Minerva is -Atk and I like Gerome enough to use him as my current main axe flier. Cherche's weapon is great though, so sometime I'll probably make a 5 star of her.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're correct. Narcian and Michalis are pretty much launch units too. So non-launch has only given three Axe Fliers, two of whom are Seasonal, reasonable since Axe Fliers weren't a thing until FE9. They're actually canonically rare.

Axe Cavs have an even smaller pool so far, if slightly larger canonically. The game in its early days had only Gunter (inferior Fred), Freddyteddybear, and later the Fairy Queen. Walhart is effectively a boon/baneless Frederick the Great, so only Fonnyhop and Bride Marth have added diversity the Axe Cav pool.

For so a game of so many, when you really think about, some categories are strapped for units, and not just those FEH has practically invented like Dagger Flier.

Exactly, this is a reason I've been begging for Kieran! I love him and he'd add to a group in desperate need of additions. He's an axe cav.

Anybody see my video? Just curious. I know it's more Freddy tanking which we've seen in my previous two, but it's still fun to see him tank so much stuff, lol.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Jill and Haar when? 

Not too difficult, this one.

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Sasori

Not too much to say here, though it's nice that everyone got to chip in for a change.

Also you can see in the video that the result of my 300 orbs on Hinoka's banner was....1 merge. Oh well, at least I fixed her HP superbane? I got plenty of decent pitybreakers at least.

@mcsilas @Zeo I got some new soundtracks from my (old) favourite anime so I have 3 clears for you guys to enjoy the music, i guess ^^

@mampfoid I thought you will let Cordelia hit red mage so she didn't get injured then your Cherche can enjoy smashing that blue cav. But yeah, your Cherche doesn't care red mage anyways as long as she hit them first lol. Great job!!

Starting with the big bun boy's crew. 

Follow with the Lobster king on the chicken ride party. (I'm not very much fliers fan but I got Ninian from free pull, so here it is!!)

and last I call it "husbando party". It's kind of impossible for them to clear this map but they did !!

Edited by Ginko

It's becoming a sad tradition for me replying late, but my time-window to watch videos and reply at the computer are becoming fewer and fewer. Posting an own video is done relativly fast (if the clear is as easy as this one) in comparison. Sorry again. :-/

I'm really surprised how few of you are using the new option to visualize Assets/Flaws in-game, I became used to it very fast? 

On 12.2.2019 at 9:59 AM, Garlyle said:

@mampfoid Already? This should be an easy 9 orb collection tonight. Good job.

Thanks! Yeah, I had some time that morning. Happy I could post it early. 

On 12.2.2019 at 5:02 PM, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid Oh my god when I saw “my Cherche is faster” I was assuming faster than their Cherche not their Virion! Amazing as always, especially getting Cherche to double things she really shouldn’t be able (also props for getting Cherche to kill Virion because that seems appropriate).

Lol, didn't want to write "Cherche is the fastest of all" which wouldn't have been true. Speed stacking for "slow" units is fun, Cherche still has some reserves (Darting Blow 3 on A and Fully upgraded DB seal). 

Glad you liked it! 

On 12.2.2019 at 5:02 PM, kirauza343 said:

I originally was just gonna let the mages handle this, but it felt weird to not let Cherche do anything for her own BHB.

Celica ate an Astra, that really hurt. Nearly missed that Fury 4, cool! She did the most killing together with Micaiah, but Cherche also got a kill in the end against WT. Easy exercise for your team, nice! 

I'm thinking of a Cherche solo, but I don't think I'll have the time in the weekend. 

(Btw: Don't you switch on the option to show assets and flaws?). 

On 12.2.2019 at 7:37 PM, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Cool as always! It always feel weird to see Hector as a Smite bot but then again, it's not like these kinds of maps require his sheer powress. 

Thanks! Yeah, Hector is best at smiting. Especially if he also brings his Ostia pulse. 

On 12.2.2019 at 7:37 PM, Alexmender said:

A classic Eirika clear, this one took 3 tries because That Guidance-like skill caught me off-guard twice but outside of that it wasn't very hard (Cherche hits really hard, though).

This is an Awakening map so I'll probably do a Cordelia Emblem +daughter clear later this week.

Ylgr still lives! (Also mine btw). Wow, tanking DA-Cherche was a close call, the rest looked easy. Congrats! 

Looking forward to see Cordelia.

On 12.2.2019 at 8:09 PM, Nanima said:

Indeed she is. Her quatting Virion was incredibly amusing to see. Hector seemed to be throwing Roy at the velocity of a cannonball with how he impacted. No chance for the enemy at all. Congrats!

Haha, yeah quad-Cherche is always fun, Darting Blow seal will make it easier. Glad you liked it. :-)

Probably the least difficult challenge map for the Takusquad so far.

Abyssal legendary Raven-tank when? ;-P

Well, that Ravenmage didn't do anything against NY TAkumi. The whole battle looked nearly unfair. ;-) 

Not quite as simple for the girls, mostly thanks to the Ravenmage.

Wow, Kitty Sakura ate that Vantage-Raven-Glimmer like a champ. Congrats! 

Looking forward to see your stars again. 

On 12.2.2019 at 8:20 PM, daisy jane said:

(sorry everyone else. SF decided i can't tag other people)

Haha, I know that effect. I usually copy everything I have written and refresh the page. That usually helps. 

Again, nice mage-sweep, congrats! 

On 12.2.2019 at 9:15 PM, Azuris said:

Wow that was fast. Yay for Hector again. And at least in this one it didn't seem Roy had problems getting into WoM range after the merge change. Also only Darting Blow 1 seal? I thought you might like that one.

Very nice 1 turn clear again. Well done.

Thanks! 

Yeah, Roy appreciated that refreshing pre-charged DA. ;-) 

Darting Blow will be fully upgraded, I'm not done yet with Speed-Stacking. 

On 13.2.2019 at 1:25 AM, LordFrigid said:

Probably the least difficult challenge map for the Takusquad so far.

Yeah, Darting Blow was one of the seals I was waiting for. Now give me WoM seal already. 

Roy get's some action from time to time, he can't fly and thus didn't help out in Dumas and Naesalas map (peg-roy when?), but he helped out in Elincia & Nehps BHB for example. 

I like how you keep bringing Naesala, I'm not yet sure if to build him up or not. Funny how GF Marth was searching for the missing 7th enemy. :-) 

(No Asset/Flaw option set?)

On 13.2.2019 at 2:35 AM, Landmaster said:

Your Cherche out Cherche’d their Cherche~

She didn't go for the Cherche vs. Cherche matchup, perhaps I'll do that. 

On 13.2.2019 at 2:35 AM, Landmaster said:

Sorry I'm late, took a while to figure this out with the team I wanted to do, which was Mia and Soren Emblem!~

Finally someone who uses the Asset/Flaw option! 

Nice way to evade Cherches precharged DA. Cool theme and nice clear, congrats! 

On 13.2.2019 at 3:07 AM, Anacybele said:

Also, nice try there against him, Virion. lmao

Lol, 0 dmg Astra has the best sound effect. Congrats! 

On 13.2.2019 at 5:49 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Not too much to say here, though it's nice that everyone got to chip in for a change.

Also you can see in the video that the result of my 300 orbs on Hinoka's banner was....1 merge. Oh well, at least I fixed her HP superbane? I got plenty of decent pitybreakers at least.

Nice clear again! Original way to place Morgan as a WoM beacon. 

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hinoka makes herself way too rare. :-/

On 13.2.2019 at 7:44 AM, Ginko said:

@mampfoid I thought you will let Cordelia hit red mage so she didn't get injured then your Cherche can enjoy smashing that blue cav. But yeah, your Cherche doesn't care red mage anyways as long as she hit them first lol. Great job!!

Thanks! :-) 

Yeah Cherche & Co go against WT from time to time if positioning gets easier that way. 

Starting with the big bun boy's crew. 

Kagero just blows them away and GF is always appreciated. 

Follow with the Lobster king on the chicken ride party. (I'm not very much fliers fan but I got Ninian from free pull, so here it is!!)

I like how you out-maneuvered the Brave Archer. Cool Flier squad, I'm missing all of them except Myrrh. 

and last I call it "husbando party". It's kind of impossible for them to clear this map but they did !!

I see a lot of merged Kaze' lately, is he soo famous in Fates? 

Nice clears, congrats! 

18 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Good 'ol Hector Smite-bot.  That Guard Blue cav was preventing some of my own Galeforce shenanigans, but it looks like you got around him just fine.

Yeah, just hit the Guard people last. It's not always easy, but usually easier than ti  you would have to perform a Heavy Blade quad. 

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I see a lot of merged Kaze' lately, is he soo famous in Fates? 

Yeah, Kaze is one of non-royal unit who is very popular in Fates. I ship him with F Corrin on first run and second run was Silas. Don't worry, you will see me +10 him if I can get more copy of him.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Yeah, Kaze is one of non-royal unit who is very popular in Fates. I ship him with F Corrin on first run and second run was Silas. Don't worry, you will see me +10 him if I can get more copy of him.

Good luck getting all copies. I need him for ATK smoke.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

(No Asset/Flaw option set?)

My team had no Flaws

I wasn’t really thinking about it. I honestly don’t use the feature that much anywhere at all. I know what my units have (well...most of the ones I actually use, anyway), and don’t really care about what the enemy units have, since it’s unnecessary for determining whether my unit can deal with the enemy unit. I’ll have to think over how valuable I think the information is before I decide whether or not to start doing it.

Two more clears because I was bored~

They handled it fairly easily~ Took a page from Nanima's book and attacked from the left~ Why Ducklise survived Virion, I have no idea, but she is clearly simply too stronk. Senkura needed a little boost to her HP and Res to survive the Red Mage and we used the boost from her Fireflood Balm to deal with him after~ I really need to give her Pain+ so she can start getting some more action~

And Fates Royals~

This one was a bit more trouble~ I needed to keep Leo fast enough to not get doubled by Virion so he needed Darting Stance, his wife, and for Elise to stay a space away from him for her Drive. Unfortunately Sakura didn't get to play as much because I kept her Rogue Dagger over the Kitty Paddle but she was still needed to help Leo not die and to kill Virion, and some positioning later.

FINALLY I got a clear where Elise and Takumi both say "Drown Already" haha~

OK, ONE MORE AND I'M DONE, JUST A QUICKIE

On 2/12/2019 at 11:49 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Not too difficult, this one.

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Sasori

Nice clear, unfortunate you only got one merge from the Banner, though. But one is better than none >.>

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

She didn't go for the Cherche vs. Cherche matchup, perhaps I'll do that. 

Dooooo it!

Edited by Landmaster

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I wasn’t really thinking about it. I honestly don’t use the feature that much anywhere at all. I know what my units have (well...most of the ones I actually use, anyway), and don’t really care about what the enemy units have, since it’s unnecessary for determining whether my unit can deal with the enemy unit. I’ll have to think over how valuable I think the information is before I decide whether or not to start doing it.

I found it useful so far. Sometimes I check my barracks or play the new ordeal stuff and find hidden treasures. I totally forgot my OG Myrrh and SS!Tiki were +ATK for example. Also my BB!Tharja collected dust, even though she is +SPD. 

34 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Dooooo it!

Not bored enough.

Not enough time, perhaps on Sunday. 

35 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Two more clears because I was bored~

Sweetness against boredom, good idea. 

36 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

And Fates Royals~

Nice clears again. 

I should pull more from seasonal banners. 

@mampfoid Nice and efficient, Cherche vs Cherche would've been nice to see. Also more Hector assists is great! I feel bad doing late video clear posts with your limited time lol

@Alexmender Yeah you're not the only one to be surprised by Air Orders. Nice use of the right side, making the enemies crowd around. Eirika didn't break a sweat.

@Nanima Cherche didn't stand a chance against Sunkumi. Skadi again disrupts the foes while Skadikumi tanks the bow knight solidly.  Daggerkumi shrugs off the raventome as well. While the girls had some trouble with the raven mage at least the Kitty Paddle came in handy. The princesses also worked well as a team, and Pain tactics are always satisfying to see.

@daisy jane Wow +1 Ophelia?! Strong plkayer phase mages with double dancers are sure to spell doom on their enemies/ They didn't stance a chance and stayed healthy in the end.

@Landmaster So jealous of your Halloween Mia.  Soren/Mia Emblem has great colour coverage- blue Soren took a lot of damage at first. Things seemed a bit shaky when you were cornered but you managed it well. Soren going against the weapon triangle in the end was satisfying.

You're on a roll with video clears! Horse daggers seem fun to use and poor Virion can't double Elise. Nice use of the Balm skill as well.

Spd stacked Summer Leo! It's amazing how much Spd they gave Virion in this map. Poor Cherche being sniped so easily. Rogue Dagger buffs are always fun to see. Elise and Takumi are really aggeressive about their summer lines heh.

Ike Emblem looks fun to use, and it's a good thing there's not a lot of blues. New Ike looks really fun to use with fast Radiant Aether. Always nice to see young Ike in action s well.

@Ginko Kagero just walked in there and wreaked some havoc with Bold Fighter. (What trees?) Lovely Galeforce strats on Siegbert as well, making this a quick clear.

Flier clear was smooth sailing, who cares about trees when you can fly over them? Nice management as well with the two archers on the opposing team. Firesweep lobster looks really fun to use while Myrrh tanks (I love how the bow cav moved forward but couldn't even attack). Great music as well, what's this track?

More Kaze clears is always nice to see, and boy was it so satisfying to see him beat the red mage! Firesweep Summer Gaius is interesting to see. Nice to let Ryoma finish things off.

@Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy @Azuris @NegativeExponents-

So late clears time.

First is a theme I thought of when they announced who the new BHB units were and since Cherche is pretty much a flying axe maid, have a Servants Team!

Team is +Res/-Atk Flora, +Spd/-Def Felicia, +Atk Cherche +1 and +Def/-HP Halloween Jakob

Music is Splendid Soldier from the King of Fighters XIV

-Since the Ice Tribe maids are pretty frail physically, and Cherche blows up to magic and is slow, I need Jakob's firepower (or bow power?) to quickly delete Cherche at the start. I did try and not use him too much though (and Wary Fighter is useless against Virion) so I had to be a bit more creative in the next steps.

-Using dagger units was actually a bad thing because Harsh Command can be annoying. Then again, the Def/Res debuffs would keep the bow cav busy to that can also be a good thing in the end.

-Felicia held strong with 1 HP after a Distant Def seal. I needed to keep Virion busy for a bit, and lure him so his servant can dish out the discipline with her axe safely. 

-This was one of those times where Flora not being colourless was nice, since the Raven tome would be more annoying if she was.

---

And now, here is the perfect map to do a Minerva Emblem! (and Minerva's sister).

Team is neutral Gerome, +Atk +1 Cherche, +Spd/-Def Minerva an +Atk/-Def Maria.

Music is Fairy from the King of Fighters 1998.

-So we have Minerva, Cherche and Gerome who have the same wyvern named Minerva, and Minerva's sister (it's in her title!) Maria.

-Gerome's base kit was pretty perfect for this map- Poleaxe was helpful in safely initiating the map with Hit and Run. The dual Rally was also important in letting Maria take enough hits and activate Miracle and also support his mother with the final blow.

-Speaking of, Maria also did her share of work, hitting enemy Cherche's low Res pretty hard despite not having Wrathful Staff. 

-Cherche appreciated the Heavy Blade seal in this clear to try and do as much damage as possible to Virion since his HP is a bit high without special procs. Also I considered making Gerome finish his mother but...Cherche vs Cherche will do.

---------

And now the obligatory Awakening kids clear, this time with Gerome in the spotlight against his mom.

Team is neutral Gerome, +Spd/-HP Owain, +HP/-Atk Legendary Lucina and +Res/-Def Performing Inigo

Music is Emergence (Rock Howard theme) from the King of Fighters XIV

-Batman Gerome steps up in this map as flier movement ignores the forests. He needed Poison Strike support from Inigo so he can defeat his mom.

-Virion doing a laughable 8 damage to Owain made me chuckle. He may be male Ayra stat-wise, but I'm so proud of Owain's bulk. He also was nice melee support to soften up Virion's stupidly high HP for Gerome to finish things off

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Flier clear was smooth sailing, who cares about trees when you can fly over them? Nice management as well with the two archers on the opposing team. Firesweep lobster looks really fun to use while Myrrh tanks (I love how the bow cav moved forward but couldn't even attack). Great music as well, what's this track?

Before I decide to do this fliers clear, I was like " what a pain, two bows in a single map?" then I realized that I have Myrrh who is best bow counter for fliers. Raijinto on L!Ryoma is so useless with his flier status so I gave him Firesweep to suit with his offensive spread and the result is so satisfying. Bushido + Moonbow or Luna can cut through any wall. The soundtrack called "Training days" from anime Kekkaishi. 

For your clears, the first clear is quite funny to watch your maid sisters tank and risk their lives (both hanging with low health) while Jacob and Cherche killing things. I want that Halloween Jacob to the point that I have a spare Winter Lissa sitting there and waiting for her death. 

Minerva emblem is funny, I feel a little weird why Maria did not go with Wrathful Staff when she didn't initiate any range units here. All Minerva enjoy their snacks, great job.

Awakening children clear weird me the most. It would be more fun if Lucina could equip Link skills and change her future with that Future Vision. Blue Flame with no adjacent unit... okay I thought I will see some delicious amount of damage with that but Jerome finish it anyways, fair enough.

@mcsilas

Don't worry when your clears are late. Just do them when you find time, it's supposed to be fun and not an obligation.

Ouch, those poor maids took quite some hits, but well done always getting your units back and out of the way to not get killed. Also I really liked how you made the bow cav, that could have been painful for your team waste it's turns with Harsh Command all the time.

Oof, three fliers without Iote's Shield against Virion and the Brave Bow cav, good thing Maria could live the hit. Really nice positioning again to keep everyone save and good job making Virion move to the left so he was constantly blocked by the forest.

Not as much Lucina fun this time with the kids clear, but still fun to watch.

Nice themes and nice clears again, well done.

Edited by Azuris