Bound Hero Battle (Ablaze): Cherche & Virion

SatsumaFSoysoy

Okay, sorry but replies are really taking up a lot of my time here, so they won't be super detailed. I'll try to answer everyone!

@daisy jane Very impressive! Your Ophelia really stole the show and swept the bosses off the stage. Lewyn also contributed a lot. This really is the power of magic. Congrats!

@Azuris Not sure if I'd say I get better, considering they haven't smacked us with a truly difficult challenge (outside of LHBs) since Gharnef. (ugh) But yeah, this felt especially easy, but still fun. The Skadi effect hitting most of them was a coincidence, but very welcome nontheless. 

Yeah, the red mage was the boss of this clear, but not as evil as he could have been.

Thanks!

@Landmaster Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed my clears!

Woah, four clears. I'll try to say a little about each of them at least. haha;;;

Interesting mix with Soren and Mia. Somebody's gotta make sure Soren gets out of his books I guess. Also great showcase of Valentine!Soren! That Cav!Archer sure was a nuisance, but it all worked out in the end. Interesting that you had to use a similar strategy to my usual one. Guess that just happens with Infantry units. Good job!

Little sisters were great as usual. Nice to see I gave you some ideas for this map. The Elises did the killing here, but the Sakuras helped and supported them nontheless. I laughed at the part where the archer took Elise down to 1 health and Elise's only reply was "ouch.". haha

Neat clear with the younger siblings. Leo benefits from his tankiness, even if he needed a few boosts. Sunkumi really trivilizes the map, doesn't he? Elise showed off a lot of her strengths as well, and Sakura was probably just happy to support the person she loves. :) 

Ooh Ike Emblem, how interesting! Especially impressive with three of them being red. I find that is a lot harder to deal with than just colourless units. Cherche did a lot of damage to poor Valentine!Ike, the poor guy really was dumped on in this fight. Not that he can't take it of course.~

@mampfoid

Yeah, that seal is super useful. I thought about giving it to Maribelle once, before realizing she couldn't use it. :( Still very valuable as you proved.

Don't even talk about that. haha;;;;

It kinda was stacked in my favour really.

(No, because I don't like being reminded of certain unfortunate banes... It still shows when clicking on it, so I haven't bothered making the display permanent, but I can turn it on for the next clears if you are interested.)

She really was made for this. haha

I hope you enjoy yourself then. :)

@mcsilas

Thanks for the compliments, it was fun time!

Excellent theme here. If they ever add Dwyer, you can make butler emblem. Cherche getting to blow up Virion was very appropriate, and I loved seeing Flora deal with the Raven mage. Congrats! 

The closes we'll get to Minerva Emblem probably. :'D The wyverns really brought in the carnage, but seeing sweet little Maria active miracle at just the right time was the best part imo. Even with all the archers on this map, you didn't seem to have much trouble.

The kids pulled this one off without issue as well. They hardly even got injured. Gerome even took out his mom, although that's probably a terrible thing to praise him for. haha;; He really did a lot of the damage in this clear, but the rest was fun to see as well!

And now, we finally get to see some really shining stars again:

@kirauza343 @Sasori @ruruo @Zeo

Music: Amusement Park (Dynamic) from Nier Automata. I wanted to bring this song in at some point, and felt this was the best time to do it, what with the "french" feeling and where Virion and Cherche come from.

This also didn't take too long to figure out, though it required a bit more set-up, since I really wanted to have Maribelle one-shot Virion. Afterwards, I had to make sure Sakunyan survived the lance cav (who was so super-determined in this clear that I decided to let him have the thumbnail when he randomly got it.), but things basically fell into place afterwards. Raven mage wasn't too big an issue this time around. Glad I got everyone to kill something again, and Sunkumi didn't completely steal the show this time around. Also funny that Reyson never once transformed in this clear. He probably feels a bit stifled in this team. haha

Hope you enjoyed!

Edited by Nanima

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Team is +Res/-Atk Flora, +Spd/-Def Felicia, +Atk Cherche +1 and +Def/-HP Halloween Jakob

Music is Splendid Soldier from the King of Fighters XIV

-Since the Ice Tribe maids are pretty frail physically, and Cherche blows up to magic and is slow, I need Jakob's firepower (or bow power?) to quickly delete Cherche at the start. I did try and not use him too much though (and Wary Fighter is useless against Virion) so I had to be a bit more creative in the next steps.

-Using dagger units was actually a bad thing because Harsh Command can be annoying. Then again, the Def/Res debuffs would keep the bow cav busy to that can also be a good thing in the end.

-Felicia held strong with 1 HP after a Distant Def seal. I needed to keep Virion busy for a bit, and lure him so his servant can dish out the discipline with her axe safely. 

-This was one of those times where Flora not being colourless was nice, since the Raven tome would be more annoying if she was.

---

And now, here is the perfect map to do a Minerva Emblem! (and Minerva's sister).

Team is neutral Gerome, +Atk +1 Cherche, +Spd/-Def Minerva an +Atk/-Def Maria.

Music is Fairy from the King of Fighters 1998.

-So we have Minerva, Cherche and Gerome who have the same wyvern named Minerva, and Minerva's sister (it's in her title!) Maria.

-Gerome's base kit was pretty perfect for this map- Poleaxe was helpful in safely initiating the map with Hit and Run. The dual Rally was also important in letting Maria take enough hits and activate Miracle and also support his mother with the final blow.

-Speaking of, Maria also did her share of work, hitting enemy Cherche's low Res pretty hard despite not having Wrathful Staff. 

-Cherche appreciated the Heavy Blade seal in this clear to try and do as much damage as possible to Virion since his HP is a bit high without special procs. Also I considered making Gerome finish his mother but...Cherche vs Cherche will do.

---------

And now the obligatory Awakening kids clear, this time with Gerome in the spotlight against his mom.

Team is neutral Gerome, +Spd/-HP Owain, +HP/-Atk Legendary Lucina and +Res/-Def Performing Inigo

Music is Emergence (Rock Howard theme) from the King of Fighters XIV

-Batman Gerome steps up in this map as flier movement ignores the forests. He needed Poison Strike support from Inigo so he can defeat his mom.

-Virion doing a laughable 8 damage to Owain made me chuckle. He may be male Ayra stat-wise, but I'm so proud of Owain's bulk. He also was nice melee support to soften up Virion's stupidly high HP for Gerome to finish things off

Yeah, I really love the color coverage with Mia and Soren~ Surviving being cornered was the biggest challenge. Virion's Spd AND that Rally Atk/Spd was the most annoying thing to deal with most of the time. I find it funny that my -Spd Ike has the highest Spd of all the Ikes

For your clears, the first theme was cool (now I kind of want to see a Felicia and Flora with both Jakobs). First couple of kills were without any struggle. Felicia just barely survives Virion thanks to that DD3~ Guidance was a really good save, too. Flora handled that Mage well and Cherche slaughtered everyone else with ease. Nice job!

Minerva Emblem is a cute theme! Always love seeing the cute little demon Maria, her Fear was really good here, nice seeing her tank the Bow Cav with Gerome and Miracle. The Axe Flying trio devastated the rest of the map.

Awakening kids back again with Gerome again, I like seeing him since he's a unit I lack and he does a lot of work in this clear, too. Funny Virion ended up being the big boss here, but nothing they can't all chip down to get the win, great work all around!

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

And now, we finally get to see some really shining stars again:

@kirauza343 @Sasori @ruruo @Zeo

Music: Amusement Park (Dynamic) from Nier Automata. I wanted to bring this song in at some point, and felt this was the best time to do it, what with the "french" feeling and where Virion and Cherche come from.

This also didn't take too long to figure out, though it required a bit more set-up, since I really wanted to have Maribelle one-shot Virion. Afterwards, I had to make sure Sakunyan survived the lance cav (who was so super-determined in this clear that I decided to let him have the thumbnail when he randomly got it.), but things basically fell into place afterwards. Raven mage wasn't too big an issue this time around. Glad I got everyone to kill something again, and Sunkumi didn't completely steal the show this time around. Also funny that Reyson never once transformed in this clear. He probably feels a bit stifled in this team. haha

Hope you enjoyed!

Sorry I went overboard with clears this time, OTL, glad you enjoyed them!

For the All-Stars, Cherche and Virion are gone right away, great work, Maribelle sure packs a punch, she did a good bit of work on this map. Sakunyan did great work tanking that Lance Cav and taking out the mage. Reyson was also really helpful for this map with his healing. Sunkumi of course had no problems with the fliers, great clear for the All Stars! I hadn't noticed that Reyson didn't transform this time but looks like he didn't really need to, haha~

23 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I feel bad doing late video clear posts with your limited time lol

Don't feel bad. I do have time and I enjoy watching clears, but when answering a lot of stuff it's better to do so on my PC (where I'm seldom these days). I'm on mobile most of the times. 

Servants Team!

Didn't know Cherche was a servant? 

Minerva Emblem! (and Minerva's sister).

Maria's "title" really fits to this team. ^^

She also tanks the Brave archer and Cherche shows her ex-boss. 

And now the obligatory Awakening kids clear,

I like that Gerome is getting a lot of kills here. 

Nice clears again, you became a heavy Cherche-user as well! 

16 hours ago, Nanima said:

but I can turn it on for the next clears if you are interested.)

I'm interested to see what units others have, but don't bother if it's better switched off for you. 

16 hours ago, Nanima said:

I hope you enjoy yourself then. :)

I did, very nice. :-) 

What did Virion do to deserve this? Every Awakening unit wants to kill him. 

@Nanima Thanks, and nice superstar clear! Maybe Reyson felt bad for the enemies and wanted to nerf the team with a more 'normal' movement :P

Sakunyan sure held on to survive that lancer. Maribelle really dished out the Pain+!

@mampfoid Yeah Cherche is pretty much a servant to Virion and is also good at cooking and sewing. I love her as a character (probably my favourite Awakening Gen 1 female) and using her, so it's nice to use her in a clear again :)

38 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What did Virion do to deserve this? Every Awakening unit wants to kill him. 

Being a bad archer? He seems to always be the butt of jokes, even Cherche isn't afraid to put him in his place haha.

@Landmaster Actually I was planning to use Frederick but there were a bit too many red units (and trees) and I needed Jakob's firepower. As for original Jakob...unless he gets a really good refine for his tray I don't think I'll use him anytime soon ^^

@mcsilas @Zeo @mampfoid

I actually recorded this one on the night it came out but I guess I just can't ever post these in timely fashion.

This was supposed to be a 2nd Gen unit clear and I guess it still is but it became so much more Owain centered than I thought it would. In fact, it was so Odin centered that only Lucina got any action (she killed the red mage using WoM) but at that point I figured I might as well exclude Lucina and just have Owain do everything and well, I did just that.

The biggest obstacle here was getting Owain to reach the necessary spd to double Virion. I also needed to def stack him to survive the red mage and cav archer assault but couldn't let him have the highest defense because he'll get hit by the Chill Def so I had to grind for Gerome's base fortress def to have him "bait" the chill for him.

And here's a Gerome clear! Thanks @mcsilas for giving me a good way to start this because I was at a loss on how I should approach this (I didn't even realize they won't move till someone's in range).

It honestly was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I just sorta came up with a general idea of what skills I would need before starting and I didn't really have to change anything from there. I had planned to initially take out Cherche in one hit because I thought it'd be so cool to see her go down in one fell swoop without even needing a special proc and I actually had the necessary stuff to pull it off but it was so much investment for units I had no plans on using outside that set up so I decided against it.

And yes, I did indeed leave his A slot empty for the awesomeness factor of having him barely kill/survive the fight with his mom.

----------------------

@mcsilas Ohhh! A servants theme is unique and fitting for this clear! Felicia being able to take that beating was unexpected, even with Distant Def, because not only his her def like non-existent but her hp is so low too. Cherche being the end of Virion was appropriate and oh boy did she nuke everyone else too.

Why does Cherche look at her wyvern when addressing Minerva?  Maria being the one to tank the brave bow user had me go "wait what???" but in retrospect I guess there wasn't much of a choice there. All of the Minervas rocked this map.

Now that's a 2nd Gen clear in which everyone cooperates. The kids handled this clear the best of the bunch. No one except Owain even got scratched here. I like how matricide/patricide is such common theme whenever we're presented with the option to do it.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:53 AM, mampfoid said:

My Cherche is faster ;-) 

Well crap, Virion was not who I had in mind when I read that. It's always weird but funny when I see Hector out of all characters not get in on the action.

That was an amazing clear!

@Landmaster Woah, that's a lot of clears! 

The Mia+Soren one was very fun, it highlighted how great OG!Mia can be with some investment I really need to give mine some love, but it's hard when Karla is there

The little Fates sisters one was mostly HS!Elise show with all those ducky kills but the rest provided much needed support to ensure you weren't overwhelmed. 

The little Fates siblings clear, well using Summer Leo is a feat by itself but the star of the show would be Summer Takumi. It was fun how he and Elise both say "Drown already!". 

And last but not least, Ike Emblem is very unbalanced color wise (and because 3 of them are infantry Tactics isn't an option) but they are really powerful with all the Aether and DC going around. The newest V!Ike stands out with how resilient he is. 

All in all, great clears on every front!

@mcsilas Nice stuff! 

The servant clear really cements how jealous I am of your Flora. Her nature may be a bit unfortunate but she really looks fun to use, I wish I could've gotten her when she released. Regardless, Cherche was the star of the show with all those kills and the others were very helpful to ensure your team would survive.

Minerva Emblem sounds fun. While the team was very green-centric they had no issues dispatching those red enemies. Cherche was the star of the show once again but that's to be expected considering Virion always needs a good scolding every so often. 

And lastly, Gerome takes over his mother's job and is the one that punishes Virion. He almost solo'd the map but Virion has a very inflated Hp so he needed some help from Owain to bring it down to more reasonable levels. 

@mampfoid Thanks! Actually I have the Flaw/Asset option active to save time, maybe I didn't had it active during the clear? It's either that or that the Blue for Asset is too light and can be hard to notice. Doesn't help that I tend to make the status screen in my videos a bit short (unless the unit says a very long line).

- - - - - 

Promised is due and so here we have Cordelia Emblem +daughter. The clear itself wasn't hard, although it was tough to give Selena a kill. Bridelia can mow this map by herself but that would be no fun.

@Nanima

Yay, you got to show your favorites again. That was a really aggressive opening taking out both Cherche and Virion immediately, but you pulled it off and didn't open someone to die. Also great teamwork to have everyone get a kill again. Nice clear, well done.

@Alexmender

Oh nice, you got to show some of your other favorites as well, this time. So instead of the unbreakable defense of Eirika we got some lightning fast offense instead. You really made it look like they didn't even stand a chance from the start, they only got to hit you once because you wanted to set up a kill for Selena. Poor Selena her only kill was a unit already pretty much defeated by her mother.

Edited by Azuris

@mampfoidClose shave there for Roy. Also cool points for Cherche for taking down the red mage instead of going for the easier target.

I have to say that this update could not have come at a better time as it got rid of the defense bane on my BH!Roy, allowing him to survive the Draconic Aura hit from Cherche. As for Reinhardt, he finally got some merges needs to start off the map at the leftmost position to bait Cherche into moving directly south to

• prevent her from activating Atk/Def Link via Pivot as that will increase her defense enough that Roy can't 2HKO her
  • keep my units in formation for buffs

Side note: this was the first time I saw the map animation for Air Orders. It's pretty cool. 

Spoiler

@NegativeExponents- Wow, Owain sure did some work in the first video! Never thought about Aether but it works out for him and he can get a skill that he couldn't get in Awakening. Nice job of using Gerome's Fortress Def as well to 'bait' the Chill Def, I actually forgot he even had that skill. I like it when you can use a unit's base skill to your advantage!

As for the Gerome clear, glad to help you out in initiating the map, I had trouble as well at the start because the right side was full of things he didn't want to get hit by (mages and archers). Jealous of your Halloween Mia, and it's nice how you made Gerome double his mom.

@Alexmender The return of Cordelia Emblem! I like how you made Cav Cordelia work, her extra mov is really useful in manoeuvring around the forests. Bridelia as always is a monster and now you have me curious in investing in a Slaying Lance Cordelia instead of Firesweep. Too bad it was hard for Selena to get a kill but at least she managed one in the end. If Caelori gets to be in heroes will Selena be replaced?

On 16.2.2019 at 1:05 PM, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Yeah Cherche is pretty much a servant to Virion and is also good at cooking and sewing. I love her as a character (probably my favourite Awakening Gen 1 female) and using her, so it's nice to use her in a clear again :)

On 16.2.2019 at 12:07 PM, mampfoid said:

Then merge her already. :-) 

On 16.2.2019 at 7:17 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

I actually recorded this one on the night it came out but I guess I just can't ever post these in timely fashion.

I don't mind an Owain centered clear, that guy is just too cool :-) 

Noir and BH!Lucina are quite rare in clears, so I'm glad you found use for them (even if it was mostly to buff SPD). 

And here's a Gerome clear! Thanks @mcsilas for giving me a good way to start this because I was at a loss on how I should approach this (I didn't even realize they won't move till someone's in range).

Gerome kills them all! Very nice clears again, congrats! 

Well crap, Virion was not who I had in mind when I read that. It's always weird but funny when I see Hector out of all characters not get in on the action.

That was an amazing clear!

Haha, thanks! Yeah, that was a bit misleading, sorry ;-) 

On 16.2.2019 at 10:46 PM, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Thanks! Actually I have the Flaw/Asset option active to save time, maybe I didn't had it active during the clear? It's either that or that the Blue for Asset is too light and can be hard to notice. Doesn't help that I tend to make the status screen in my videos a bit short (unless the unit says a very long line).

Hmm, perhaps it really missed it? Also merged units have no flaws. 

On 16.2.2019 at 10:46 PM, Alexmender said:

Promised is due and so here we have Cordelia Emblem +daughter. The clear itself wasn't hard, although it was tough to give Selena a kill. Bridelia can mow this map by herself but that would be no fun.

Cordy-family, nice! 

You also have a +SPD BB!Cordy, very nice! I love that asset (can't get used to that word instead of boon) on her. Couldn't Selena tank both Virion and Cherche? (can't try myself, don't have a 5* Selena). Selena must have felt comfy with all that motherly love around her. 

13 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoidClose shave there for Roy. Also cool points for Cherche for taking down the red mage instead of going for the easier target.

Thanks, Cherche is just that cool. ;-) 

Never paid attention to the Air Orders animation, looks good! 

The map was no big deal for your team, Vantage Camus and Roy had very good moments. Btw: I'm sad most of the HP banes are gone, they helped to get me into WoM range. Not all foes hit as hard as DA Cherche. 

• 7 months later...

I was expecting this to be easier.

Cav was easy enough, with Sigurd, Finn, Frederick and Brunonica clearing it fine barring Finn getting unlucky on my first try and getting a Cherche to the face.

The askrtrio clear, on the other hand.... That one was frustrating, but I did it with Fjorm. Who it turns out was in the worst position in this map, as the sword flier fucked her over royally (due to the rally giving Virion enough speed to double and any defence boost making her a target of chill def, making things worse). That sword flier caused so many retires without even fighting. So I start off by Alfonse rallying Fjorm's speed, while she then moves above the tree on the right, Sharena moves into Fjorm's place and Anna teleports onto the tree thanks to Sharena. This leads to the red mage and Virion taking damage, Cherche dying to Alfonse and the lance cav moving for Alfonse. Anna teleports next to him to 1-round the cav, then I somehow figure out a way to remove the mage and prevent Virion from killing Fjorm, I think Alfonse distracts. Point being, he's nearly dead and I focus on Fjorm finishing before Afonse takes out the rallying asshole, proving he was better at it.

@Diovani Bressan That's a lot of flying Olivias, I'm jealous. Yune made a great partner for Saizo and I love the Smite strats!

Wanted to do something with Walhart for this since he made Virion flee Roseanne. Then I couldn't help but notice his shiny red armour and thought how FE has a few red armoured units Scarlet when

@Zeo @mampfoid @NegativeExponents- @Nanima @DLNarshen @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @daisy jane @Landmaster

Team is neutral Walhart, +Spd/-Res Ryoma, +Spd/-Res Minerva and +Atk/-Res Cain

Music is Erza's theme from Fairy Tail

- starting the map is a bit tricky when using horses, but at least Minerva's flier mobility helped out with Hit and Run tactics. Speaking of mobility, Cain also needed Drag Back to avoid being stuck in enemy range on enemy phase.

- Team needed a little bit of buffs to pull this off- Cain needed Def Tactic, Spd +3 and Hone Cav buffs to double the mage and survive the Brave Bow archer. Walhart needed Atk Tactic buff to ORKO the bow cav. Ryoma also needed a bit of Atk buff to quickly deal with Cherche and Darting Blow to double a rallied Virion (!). Minerva also needed as much speed as she could get (thanks to Ryoma's Hone Spd) to deny the sword flier from doubling.

@mcsilas Nice Clear! I recommend you to give Cain the refinement. I love to use Cain and Abel together. They are so good!

In my Saizo's Clear, the Olivias and Yune were there just to cheer Saizo, since Yune only had Smite and the Olivias didn't have any skill. Saizo did the job by his own.

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@mcsilas Nice Clear! I recommend you to give Cain the refinement. I love to use Cain and Abel together. They are so good!

In my Saizo's Clear, the Olivias and Yune were there just to cheer Saizo, since Yune only had Smite and the Olivias didn't have any skill. Saizo did the job by his own.

Still waiting on Divine Dew but someday

Yeah your Saizo is amazing as usual, his refine + Vantage is a really potent combo. I was just making a joke since I wanted Skylivia for so long haha. But yeah Smite is a good assist skill for the map since the trees can be annoyingly in the way

• 9 months later...