Nintendo Direct on February 13 2019

Thane

8 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Why do people assume that the game still has a spring release? Because of the financial report? Or because Ninty wouldn't delay a game that they announce information for?

As far as I can tell there's not really any reason to believe the game has been delayed.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, Etheus said:

Which are entirely up to the player. 

That's part of roleplaying. If your protagonist is a stick in the mud, it is probably not the way that you would picture your protagonist.

Shephard joining Cerberus wasn't roleplaying and neither was comparing the genophage to the first contact war or him saying "we fight or we die" at the start of ME3. 

Hell, one of the things I remember a lot of people disliking about ME3 (aside from the ending) was the forced PTSD plotline.

Edited by Strullemia

10 minutes ago, Florete said:

As far as I can tell there's not really any reason to believe the game has been delayed.

Right. There really isn't so far now that I'm thinking about it logically.

I guess I just let myself be taken in by people who assumed the game was getting delayed if we didn't get news by the end of January. 

I just hope this direct will have a random surprise out of nowhere. For the expected stuff, I hope they reveal Joker's gameplay in Smash, and that the rumors about Spyro's trilogy coming to Switch are true. Also, please don't delay 3 Houses...

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

I just hope this direct will have a random surprise out of nowhere. For the expected stuff, I hope they reveal Joker's gameplay in Smash, and that the rumors about Spyro's trilogy coming to Switch are true. Also, please don't delay 3 Houses...

Me too! I've always loved the Spyro games and I would love to play them on the switch. They've already done Crash so I'm sure Spyro shouldn't be an issue.

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

Right. There really isn't so far now that I'm thinking about it logically.

I guess I just let myself be taken in by people who assumed the game was getting delayed if we didn't get news by the end of January. 

Needless pessimism is no more founded than needless optimism.

Thing is, the burden of proof is on those saying the game will be delayed again, until Nintendo announces a delay. A financial report affirming a release date one quarter away is generally a pretty good sign that the release hasn't been changed. For one, failure to meet a projection on a financial report isn't good for share prices. Secondly, and more importantly, this is the same company that just released a transparent and candid admission that development on one of their most anticipated games is being restarted entirely; I think they'd be just as transparent with a mere months-long delay.

Just now, Hekselka said:

Me too! I've always loved the Spyro games and I would love to play them on the switch. They've already done Crash so I'm sure Spyro shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps they'll actually have more of the games on the physical medium then. Since the disc version on the PS4 only holds the first game, they rushed its release so even if you have the disc, you have to download 2 & 3.

Well, time to be a bit more active in the Fire Emblem subforums again, i guess :D

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Please let Byleth be customizable. Please let Byleth be customizable.

I wouldn't mind a player customizable character aslong as his relation to the Story is minimal. I don'T want another Self insert to suck in everything and let the World revolve around them.

50 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I thought FemShep was one of gaming's best protagonists. Male Shepard is just meme bait.

jzc3PKk.png

I will say that I've played FemShep more than MaleShep.

Also, getting with Kaden was one of my biggest regrets in gaming.  Why does he have to suck so much after ME1?  He's literally Carth Onasi from KotOR dialed up to 11 on the annoyance factor - nothing but whining, complaining, and self-pity, when before he was characterized as a rather introspective and reserved person.  Meanwhile Liara becomes like this sort of shady info dealer who kills her enemies in cold blood (and manages to totally roast a large, nigh invincible monster alien that is somehow more dangerous than the Krogan) and Ashley remains consistently pissant.  And that isn't even considering the two actual best members of the first game's squad.

55 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

For a supposed grown up man/woman in an universe where he needs to play the role of a hero who needs to save everyone he has some really bad dialogue and idiotic moments.

I just wish it wasn't all vague options like "To hell with you" when Shepard really says something like "I'm no longer discussing this".

You know, like how Dragon Age: Origins and the older Fallout games did it.  Show the entirety of what your character will say, not just a summation of it.

37 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Shephard joinIg Cerberus wasn't roleplaying and neither was comparing the genophage to the first contact war or him saying "we fight or we die" at the start of ME3. 

Hell, one of the things I remember a lot of people disliking about ME3 (aside from the ending) was the forced PTSD plotline.

Yeah, well... honestly, ME3 had lots of writing issues, and it was abundantly clear where they were trying to go with that one.  And Shepard joining Cerberus was kind of forced on him/her given the circumstances and he/she frequently tries to dissociate him/herself from the organization unless the player chooses to actively support their campaign.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Can we have more news on Luigi's Mansion 3 too? It still doesn't have a solid release date, only spring as well. I wanna know a bit more about that plot too, the initial trailer left open a lot of questions. Also, where's Professor E. Gadd?

I, too, would love to know where that old chap is.

52 minutes ago, Florete said:

Nothing beyond simple lack of information.  Folks just think it's been delayed because we haven't heard anything about it.

In regards to the Avatar, I'm perfectly fine if the Avatar is but the "camera lens" of the player while the main story revolves around other characters. Sure, the Avatar will have his/her moments of awesomeness, but the overall story is not really their own. (Think "Mark the Tactician" from Blazing Sword or Cross from Xenoblade Chronicles X.)

I'm curious on how the soldiers will work alongside the heroes in Three Houses. Now that I've played Langrisser Mobile, I'm wondering TH will follow a similar system (or if they are purely visual, or if their gimmick is formations).

If we're gonna be talking about a potential avatar, I'd honestly like them to have about roughly the same involvement as Robin in the early game.  Not so much plot involvement that they seem to trump everything else in importance like Corrin, but not so detached that they might as well not be there like in the case of Mark.  Also would be nice to have no protagonist worship, like with Kris being head over heels for Marth.  I feel like if Byleth is this avatar and is simply a mentor and guide for the other major characters, I'd be quite satisfied.

In terms of customization, can we please, for the love of all that is holy, get some facial hair options.  I know Japan has a stigma about facial hair and how they think it's only worn by elderly folks and lazy people, but I for one appreciate facial hair enough that the facial hair options in Red Dead Redemption 2 were a significant part of my enjoyment factor in that game.  Also, would it be too much to ask if I could change eye color?  I was never a fan of Corrin being stuck with red eyes.

Could they please show some info on SMTV as well?  I will be fine if the only game in the direct I want is Three Houses, but I have been waiting on SMT news for almost as long.  I figure Bayonetta 3 will be teased at E3 at the earliest so I am only hoping for some SMT news as well as FE news.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I will say that I've played FemShep more than MaleShep.

Also, getting with Kaden was one of my biggest regrets in gaming.  Why does he have to suck so much after ME1?

After Mass Effect 1? He sucked with the force of a hundred vacuum clears in the first game. He was so reserved there was little about him other than his implants.

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

Shephard joinIg Cerberus wasn't roleplaying and neither was comparing the genophage to the first contact war or him saying "we fight or we die" at the start of ME3. 

My problem about the PTSD plotline is that Shephard felt mad about some random kid dying rather than squadmates deaths, blowing up a solar system, or all times he got influenced  by the reapers.

19 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

My problem about the PTSD plotline is that Shephard felt mad about some random kid dying rather than squadmates deaths, blowing up a solar system, or all times he got influenced  by the reapers.

Hey, they had to push that image of a kid so that he could show up in the ending because symbolism.

19 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

After Mass Effect 1? He sucked with the force of a hundred vacuum clears in the first game. He was so reserved there was little about him other than his implants.

Eh...

Let's not derail this any further with senseless Mass Effect arguments...

that is, unless EA are about to drop Mass Effect: Tired Face Saga Andromeda on Switch.  I got that game on PC for, like, $5, and I haven't even played it yet :p

Edited by Ertrick36

11 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I just wish it wasn't all vague options like "To hell with you" when Shepard really says something like "I'm no longer discussing this".

You know, like how Dragon Age: Origins and the older Fallout games did it.  Show the entirety of what your character will say, not just a summation of it.

Yeah, well... honestly, ME3 had lots of writing issues, and it was abundantly clear where they were trying to go with that one.  And Shepard joining Cerberus was kind of forced on him/her given the circumstances and he/she frequently tries to dissociate him/herself from the organization unless the player chooses to actively support their campaign.

Dragon Age Origins was my first BW game and one of my top 10 favorite games. I love that game even though it does have its issues. It's a shame that they had to go the way of the voiced protagonist and change the way you could choose your dialogue. It's gotten especially bad with the likes of Fallout 4 where in some conversations every option says the same thing

Yeah, the Cerberus plot in ME2 really was a mess. ME2 was a fun side quest game but the bare bones plot wasn't that impressive.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps they'll actually have more of the games on the physical medium then. Since the disc version on the PS4 only holds the first game, they rushed its release so even if you have the disc, you have to download 2 & 3.

I've heard about that and I hope they'll manage to put all three games on it. It really does suck having to download two more games after buying it on the disc. It's especially annoying for the people who don't have a SD card for their switch.

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

If we're gonna be talking about a potential avatar, I'd honestly like them to have about roughly the same involvement as Robin in the early game.  Not so much plot involvement that they seem to trump everything else in importance like Corrin, but not so detached that they might as well not be there like in the case of Mark.  Also would be nice to have no protagonist worship, like with Kris being head over heels for Marth.  I feel like if Byleth is this avatar and is simply a mentor and guide for the other major characters, I'd be quite satisfied.

In terms of customization, can we please, for the love of all that is holy, get some facial hair options.  I know Japan has a stigma about facial hair and how they think it's only worn by elderly folks and lazy people, but I for one appreciate facial hair enough that the facial hair options in Red Dead Redemption 2 were a significant part of my enjoyment factor in that game.  Also, would it be too much to ask if I could change eye color?  I was never a fan of Corrin being stuck with red eyes.

Even if Byleth can still S support these major characters?

11 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Yeah, I feel the same way. Shephard has gone through so many things till that point, why care that much for that child in particular? 

I think I broke my grandma's eardrums with my "Squee!"-ing.

Fucking finally.

But I'm going to miss it because I have to get ready for tae kwon do ;-;

Edited by Espurrhoodie

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, he's so funny! lol I'd hate to see E. Gadd removed from the series!

I really can't imagine a Luigi's Mansion game without him, tbh.

5 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Dragon Age Origins was my first BW game and one of my top 10 favorite games. I love that game even though it does have its issues. It's a shame that they had to go the way of the voiced protagonist and change the way you could choose your dialogue. It's gotten especially bad with the likes of Fallout 4 where in some conversations every option says the same thing

Yeah, the Cerberus plot in ME2 really was a mess. ME2 was a fun side quest game but the bare bones plot wasn't that impressive.

I still have yet to beat DA:O, but I hope to some day get with a close friend and play through it with him.  The "same line" options, I think were first in Mass Effect.  It's why ME3 made some dialogue trees so limited.  In any case, yeah I absolutely do not like what it all has become.  In ye olden days before voiced avatar characters, you could make your character have any number of different personalities, but now it's just varying degrees of agreeable or disagreeable with forced motivations.  I went back to playing Fallout: New Vegas and barely touch Fallout 4 anymore...  My character in the latter just doesn't feel like my character.

ME2 was just a fun romp about the seedier part of the galaxy, helping my buddies out with their problems along the way.  And that's all I really needed out of ME, tbh.

13 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Even if Byleth can still S support these major characters?

I'll be real with you, having a romantic/sexual relationship with a mentor/teacher or a student seems less weird than having such a relationship with someone I came to know and love as a sibling.  So long as both parties are adults, that is.

And by that virtue, I don't think they're gonna be gerrymandering the plot and retconning elements to allow for such relationships like they did with Fates and the Hoshidan siblings, so I'm perfectly okay with it.  That being said, probably won't S-support them anyway unless I really like them.

39 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Yeah, I feel the same way. Shephard has gone through so many things till that point, why care that much for that child in particular? 

To be totally serious, I thought that child was really dumb.

"Here, I'm a strong, renowned soldier who is armed with a powerful handgun, years of training and experience, and a killer digital arm sword that also functions as a multi-tool, let me take you to safety!"

"Nuh, nobody can help me, I, a defenseless child with nothing to defend myself save my fists, am gonna run off on my own instead."

Like damn, you make Corrin seem like the epitome of good ideas there, bud.

I guess the meme about 3H being a collective fever dream can finally die. 

Wonder what the rest will be though, and if we’ll see Joker gameplay for Smash and learn who the next character is.

If the rumours of confirmation for Reignited are true, it's a damm shame I'm near the end already (which has been delayed by me not having access to the console it's on, I'd have finished already otherwise). If they manage to give me a reason to get it for switch on the other hand.....

Anyways, we've got less than 27 hours. I'm just happy it's finally happening.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That was truly the most annoying part for me before I played.

Then Gulp happened.

9 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I really can't imagine a Luigi's Mansion game without him, tbh.

Yeah, and how would Luigi get his equipment anyway? E. Gadd made all of it and entrusted it to him!