Nintendo Direct tomorrow with Three Houses info!

Corrobin

I like the look of the actual battle mode, the character portraits with their little indicators showing their currently wielded weapons are nice, also the archer girls class is noble, which doesn't really sound like a bow class so I kind of assume its a villager class that wields weapons based on training and the specific character 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to guess, I'd say that in order to class change into, say, a paladin, you'd need to have your horse skill at a certain level. Same with knight.

That's... actually really interesting. I assume with stuff like Great Knight, you'll need multiple levels in certain things.

Unless we can customize the Avatar I ain't going anywhere near F!Byleth lol. Anyways, my actual thoughts on the matter:

• I want to adopt Sothis. She's adorable and I love dragons. I better not see people lewding her >:L
  • So far I have hope for the world building. Tellius was great because most of it's lore came from within the game. Fates had nothing :/
  • There appears to be a ton of unit customization which I'm always up for
  • I actually don't mind the school setting, reminds me of Harry Potter
  • Some of the kids already captured my heart (mainly the archer with freckles) while others are a miss. Everyone wearing uniforms might make them blend in too much
  • I'm still rather disappointed by the cut-scenes, breaks my heart that we've officially moved away from the Awakening/Fates style
  • Byleth is a weird mix between Mark, Robin and Ike lmao. Still, I love the male design  
  • Fire emblem is dead, HYPE FOR RUNE FACTORY
Edited by ChickenBits

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

also the archer girls class is noble, which doesn't really sound like a bow class so I kind of assume its a villager class that wields weapons based on training and the specific character 

I think that's the base class for all your units, and when your unit reaches certain requirements, they can change into a more specialized class.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I just noticed something: remember that whip-sword that the old guy in the first trailer was using in battle; the one that the green-haired lady was also holding as if mourning someone? At the end of the trailer, Byleth: the Avatar is clearly holding that very sword! (At about 5:07 on the trailer) And it looks like it's one blade, rather than a whip-sword, when he's using it!

UGH, we better not be forced to have a sword prf AGAIN.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Don't fall for it! He'll carry a letter from Bayleth's mother to explain its not her actual father and that its okay if they hook up. 

Don't jinx it now!

4 minutes ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

image.png.c82fbd4f9325cf840048ae2130e6c676.png

I think Weapon skills are going to be a thing now.

Also weapon durability is back.

I welcome this. Always liked the weapon skills.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Possibly. Sothis seems to be the Tiki in this game.

They do seem to give her a big role in the trailers so that might be the case.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

I really hope this is done to explain this game's version of "Mila's Turnwheel." Otherwise this will just feel like some sort of convenient plot device to throw out whenever Byleth's in trouble.

It really depends. I have played games that have a similar plot point and used it well. Not sure how to feel about it if it were a story thing.

To play the devil advocate, 99% of fe armors for some inexplicable reason never cover the lower torso, including every armor knight from the gba era. Fembyleth just forgot to put a shirt on. But honestly, her design was still so much of an eyesore that i skimmed trought her without noticing much.

As for the micromanaging, i am a shameless fft and disgaea fanboy. There are few things as satisfactory as getting the arithmetician death engine working, and i can't wait to create the fe equivalent of it.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

UGH, we better not be forced to have a sword prf AGAIN.

Okay... I'm just more excited about the story (and possibly gameplay) potential for this: a hero holding a sword we saw a seeming villain character using as a whip-sword. 

2 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I welcome this. Always liked the weapon skills.

OH SHIT! Weapon skills will cost more weapon durability points? That's something a friend of mine hoped would happen!

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

They do seem to give her a big role in the trailers so that might be the case.

Wonder if she's Tiki's sister?

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Also the female professor (2:13 new trailer) looks to be wearing the same thing as the female mage in the old trailer (1:40) meaning she is probably going to be playable too 

Already my marriage choice when I get this she turned out amazing than I thought she would!

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

OH SHIT! Weapon skills will cost more weapon durability points? That's something a friend of mine hoped would happen!

That's actually a really cool way to do weapon skills (and much better than the skills draining your HP). 

I hope we get a good explanation for why the Avatar's being made an instructor. Was his dad supposed to be the new professor, and Byleth ended up being his last-minute replacement due to the events in the prologue?

Edited by vanguard333

3 minutes ago, flare9 said:

it looked like each unit has advantages in certain classes and disadvantages in other (learners some faster some slower based on personality)

One thing that could play a part in this is that each student appears to have a locked focus (what they improve their skill in), you can' only add on to that focus. It probably means that each student already has their own talents that they excel in, it's just up to you to either boost them even more or supplement them with other skills.

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Okay... I'm just more excited about the story (and possibly gameplay) potential for this: a hero holding a sword we saw a seeming villain character using as a whip-sword. 

Sorry, I'm just annoyed because I hated how you were pressured to keep Corrin in a sword-using class in Fates in order to play optimally because of the passive buffs the Yato carried. There's definitely some cool story implications though, especially because Byleth seems surrounded by darkness in that scene, and FE heroes normally don't get heavily associated with darkness.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That would explain the 3 next to it, holy shit that is actually a really good way to do it 

Just now, Icelerate said:

There doesn't seem to be an obvious evil country in this game. 

Then the church (or factions within the church) are probably going to be the bad guys. Or there'll be a three-way war. Or one of those outer countries that had names but weren't part of the school will be bad guys.