Nintendo Direct tomorrow with Three Houses info!

Corrobin

2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Sorry, I'm just annoyed because I hated how you were pressured to keep Corrin in a sword-using class in Fates in order to play optimally because of the passive buffs the Yato carried. There's definitely some cool story implications though, especially because Byleth seems surrounded by darkness in that scene, and FE heroes normally don't get heavily associated with darkness.

Didn't the Yato effects just need the sword in his inventory, regardless of whether he could wield it 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

That would explain the 3 next to it, holy shit that is actually a really good way to do it 

Yeah. They're improving the mechanic from Echoes. Rather than HP, you just expend more weapon points. This makes you be cautious if you want to use up your weapon even faster for the skill, especially the stronger ones. 

But... what about Legendary Weapons?

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Then the church (or factions within the church) are probably going to be the bad guys. Or there'll be a three-way war. Or one of those outer countries that had names but weren't part of the school will be bad guys. 

They never did explain what the evil was. Betting that it's the Church.

Fire Emblem has always been humans vs divine.

Didn't the Yato effects just need the sword in his inventory, regardless of whether he could wield it 

Yes, but it took up inventory space, meaning you really only had 4 slots to work with instead of 5.

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

OH SHIT! Weapon skills will cost more weapon durability points? That's something a friend of mine hoped would happen!

Wonder if she's Tiki's sister?

I don't think so. If only because I don't see IS letting another game take place in Archanea/Ylisse.

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

There doesn't seem to be an obvious evil country in this game. 

I actually like that and hope the game will be less like Fate with how black and white that game was and tries to be more like Radiant Dawn (without falling in the pitfalls that game had).

7 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Sorry, I'm just annoyed because I hated how you were pressured to keep Corrin in a sword-using class in Fates in order to play optimally because of the passive buffs the Yato carried. There's definitely some cool story implications though, especially because Byleth seems surrounded by darkness in that scene, and FE heroes normally don't get heavily associated with darkness.

Couldn't you just keep the Yato in your inventory and still use the buffs?

EDIT: Whoops, I only saw now that someone said this. Feel free to ignore my post.

Edited by Hekselka

So they're going full Persona with the school elements (not surprising considering Tokyo Mirage Sessions). Good, I'm all for a military academy game (especially after Valkyria Chronicles' 2 story was a mess)

26 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Ugh if that ain't a mood.

Hah. I saw this cute boy named Sylvain @Landmaster (I also thought he was hot!) with orange hair and broad shoulders. I'm gonna be on his team (looks like Edelgard).

Other thoughts after re-watching not on a laggy stream and letting it digest. I wonder how much of the story is going to be the beginning 'school' part and how much isn't. I have a feeling maybe that's the MOST developed part (especially considering the delay) and so they focused mostly on that part.

I'm sure the school will remain the home base, but it doesn't feel like they're gonna remain 'at school' forever. Or at least I hope. Some characters hair do look a little bland on second glance, but others look really distinct and cool, so I'm hoping they continue to polish the models. Also I have favorites from each house, so I do hope they all combine at some point so you can choose the favorites.

Not really getting the Pokemon or Harry Potter vibe, personally that people keep mentioning. One, houses was around long before HP, and there aren't many bold/vibrant colors to choose from, so blue/green/red/yellow tend to be most often chosen to represent crests/houses/teams/etc.

Also, didn't even NOTICE female Byleth's design, but now that I saw it, I can't unsee it. It's pretty bad. Good thing I never play as the female character. Haha.

Edited by Kiran_

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

But... what about Legendary Weapons?

What about them, Legendary weapons had durability in some games (mainly binding blade), they could just bring that back and if you break it tough luck 

I liked how we had free reign over customising Alm’s villager friends, choosing specific classes for them. This game looks to be giving you a LOT of characters to customise, but I’m not sure how they could balance the game with this much freedom.

Looking at the UI it looks really complicated, you can set goals for class sessions and create group tasks, and weapon ranks have been expanded to include armor, horse riding, and Pegasus riding. Reason and Faith seem to be magic, so I guess Light magic is back? Hope the next trailer explains gambits (commanding generic grunts to do attacks) and what they’ll be effective more. 

After seeing all the new characters, I’m getting more used to the new artstyle, but some characters still look strange like Petra and her fish mouth critical cut in. In game cutscenes are much smoother than Studio Khara’s choppy Echoes movies, so I hope there’s more of those in the game. The game looks noticeably better compared to the E3 trailer, though I’m disappointed that the MC doesn’t seem to have a customisable appearance.

Just now, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I honestly don't see that they'll probably go Tellius style with it.

Tellius legendary weapons were also breakable. It was just the SUPER special ones like Ragnell and Alondite that were unbreakable.

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

I don't think so. If only because I don't see IS letting another game take place in Archanea/Ylisse.

You mean setting up a continent in the same world as Archanea. If Fodlan is in the same world, that's 4 continents on the same planet.

What about them, Legendary weapons had durability in some games (mainly binding blade), they could just bring that back and if you break it tough luck 

Or legendaries can consume HP. Honestly, I dislike legendary weapons having durability.

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Tellius legendary weapons were also breakable. It was just the SUPER special ones like Ragnell and Alondite that were unbreakable.

Thats what I'm talking about Ragnel/Alondite/Amiti show they can coexist plus Blessing weapons could return.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Until they are blessed.

Right, but any weapon could be blessed. Didn't have to be the legendaries.

I'd be down with breakable legendaries that become unbreakable once you bring them to the endgame, though.

1 minute ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

image.png.f7271ab27e9ae6b9bb6ecb4fb11b3d52.png

So we're fighting the "obviously evil" church. Probably.

I wonder if Nintendo or IS is brave enough to go a controversial route about Kingdoms abandoning and rebelling against religion in general.

Just now, JoeyW001 said:

I wonder if Nintendo or IS is brave enough to go a controversial route about Kingdoms abandoning and rebelling against religion in general.

I mean, Nintendo owns the Xeno franchise, and are publishing SMT games...

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I understand, though I'm pretty sure those passive buffs applied as long as the Yato was in his inventory; it didn't matter if he had it equipped.

I agree about the darkness thing. That'll be interesting, especially when you also consider Byleth's black armour (why am I now suddenly tempted to name him Zelgius and give him blue hair in one of my playthroughs?) and outfit. 

It kind of reminds me of the trailers for Final Fantasy Versus 13 (the game that ultimately became the far worse game Final Fantasy 15) and seeing Noctis using all those clearly ghost-inspired abilities (phasing, teleporting, summoning his ancestors' weapons, not to mention the in-lore connection between his abilities and the goddess of death in the original version of the game). 

It'll be interesting to see what they do with it. I wonder if the fact that it's a whip-sword when the seeming bad guy uses it, but an ordinary sword when Byleth uses it, is plot-relevant in some way? I suspected that the sword might be part of a dragon spine or the end of a dragon tail because it's a whip-sword and because of the particular notches on one side of the blade. 

3 minutes ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

image.png.0519bae8b9b104e5de749ccfd6e93e2b.png

Comparing to the screenshot I just posted, looks like certain tomes will be under "reason" while others will be under "faith". Could this mean that Anima, Dark, and Light tomes make a return?

I think this is actually healing magic, you can see him teach it to someone and then the very next shot is byleth getting healed by them, also staves are missing 
wait had that the wrong way around, the other book is healing

Edited by Mackc2