Nintendo Direct tomorrow with Three Houses info!

Corrobin

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

One thing I noticed as far as world building goes is that the country borders are pretty realistic. Leicaster seems seperated from the empire by a large river spanning the entire border and a mountain range sits between them and Dimitri's kingdom. 

Huh; kind of like how the Crimea-Daein border was mountains and a sheer cliff with one main bridge. Interesting.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited for this game. I love the idea of the school setting and being able to manage everyone. I liked the look of most of the characters, too, but then I'm easily impressed by things not being overly fanserviced! 

I'll probably join Dmitri's team, but I'll see if something else wins me over. I hope you can recruit everyone, though, eventually. I hate not being able to do so. 

For what I hated... man, I really do not like the female avatar. Everything about her just looks off. It's weird because the male design is probably my favourite design of the avatars so far. How can there be such a discrepancy? It would be nice if we could choose clothing with customisation, at least. I hope the game doesn't have romance - not only 'cos of the fact we're a professor, but also because I'd rather just play as the guy -.- 

Also don't like that we get yet another loli dragon. It's one trope I'd love to see die -.- That being said, she looks like she might be interesting as a character from the first intro. I just hope that she is not a romance option. 

One hope I have is that guys can still be pegasus knights. I really enjoyed that from Fates and I hope they stick with it! 

Edited by Cute Chao

I thought I was seeing things, but it looks like Dimitri’s art was slightly redrawn. His right pauldron looks much better now. Wonder if the other lords got redrawn slightly as well.

2BD9686A-619C-4B13-ACEC-FF1852E8DCED.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

"I majored in Brigandry. Unfortunately, I found my passion in my minor, Paranormal Psychology..."

"I Majored in pillaging, with a Minor in rape."

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wonder what happens if a person is an unlicensed brigand?

"OI! 'Ow dare ye pose as a Brigand! That's a class A felony!"

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think the biggest twist this trailer has shown is that all those brigands we fought had actually gone to college and got a degree and license in becoming brigands.

Turns out, it's a serious Major.

That part of the trailer gave me a good laugh. I wonder if IS took that class on purpose to show off and give us a laugh.

8 minutes ago, Slumber said:

SMT's not really aimed at children, being M rated and all.

Still, Fire Emblem's T, so they probably wouldn't get censored too much on that front. Radiant Dawn basically had you on the side of mini-Satan(Yune), and the angelic-themed Goddess of Order with the big church behind it was the bad guy.

Oh, right, I kind of looked over that fact. Although if I'm going to be honest. I never saw SMT IV as a particularly M rated game. (it's been a long time since I've played the game though so I might've forgotten the finer details)

That's also a good point in regards to Radiant Dawn's plot. 

Edited by Hekselka

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

"I Majored in pillaging, with a Minor in rape."

"OI! 'Ow dare ye pose as a Brigand! That's a class A felony!"

I'm not going to be able to stop saying "And this is for being a Brigand without a license!" anytime we're tasked with taking down random bandits.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wonder what happens if a person is an unlicensed brigand?

Probably that they never get the credit for any of the work that they do as a brigand and are considered by the public to be axe-wielding looneys. 

20 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Yeah, you only had to have it in your inventory, but it was dead weight and made you only have 4 slots to work with instead of 5. It limited your options for not wanting to be in a sword using class.

I have no doubt the sword is probably going to be one of the game's major relics (if not the major relic), espeically with how devastating it was in the first trailer. Makes you wonder how a sword so powerful and potentially central to the church landed in the hands of Byleth.

Ah; that makes sense. 

The sword seems to have a dark and troubled past, given the old villain-looking guy using it, the green-haired lady being in tears when she cradles it, and all the darkness magic around it. Given that the Church of Seiros seems to like light and bright colours everywhere, my guess is that the sword is either corrupted or an antithesis to the church of sieros in some way. Given a certain character's belief that, "the crests are to blame", that might explain some of how the sword lands in the hands of Byleth. 

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

That part of the trailer gave me a good laugh. I wonder if IS took that class on purpose to show off and give us a laugh.

I don't care how silly it is, it's f*cking hilarious. XD

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

I'm not going to be able to stop saying "And this is for being a Brigand without a license!" anytime we're tasked with taking down random bandits.

Name the Avatar Gonzalez, and make everyone be a Brigand.

I think the way you change class is determined by movement type. They decided to take inspiration from Heroes it seems.

Since Edelgard is an infantry or foot unit, she can only change class to class of the same movement type. That means that the other three only promotes to their respective movement types. We might see more new class of each movement type.

Also, it might be possible the exams are related to the character's weapon levek. Since she's use Axe, she can pass the Brigand exam easily.

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

Oh, right, I kind of looked over that fact. Although if I'm going to be honest. I never saw SMT IV as a particularly M rated game.

That's also a good point in regards to Radiant Dawn's plot. 

SMT/persona was always a CERO B/C game, similar to awakening(B) and fates(C) in Japan.

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I hope the game doesn't have romance - not only 'cos of the fact we're a professor, but also because I'd rather just play as the guy -.- 

I saw a heart up in the trailer so sadly for you that's likely returning didn't see why it wouldn't lol but looking as 2nd gens could take the back seat for this.

Ninjad

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Holy crap I am loving what I am seeing here. The game looks gorgeous for starters and the concept of being a teacher is very unique and interesting. Also it seems like they're nixing the support system in favor of something somewhat new. Probably gonna go blue lion cause dimitri is a good boi. Also aside for gender, Byleth doesn't seem to be customizable what with their entire body and face showing up in cutscenes and the like and I am all for that.

Guest This Guy

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I don't care how silly it is, it's f*cking hilarious. XD

Name the Avatar Gonzalez, and make everyone be a Brigand.

That or Batta.